- Meerkats debut in new outdoor exhibit at Cincinnati Zoo Updated: Jul-05-15 6:13 am
CINCINNATI - Six meerkats have debuted in an outdoor exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- New Mexico State Fair to toast official beer Updated: Jul-05-15 5:02 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A special beer is brewing just for the New Mexico State Fair.
- City weighs plan for upgrades for Albuquerque zoo Updated: Jul-05-15 5:02 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - City officials are weighing a plan that could determine what improvements the Albuquerque zoo receives over the next 20 years.
- America celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, parades Updated: Jul-05-15 2:46 am
Americans celebrated 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday with extravagant fireworks displays, rock and classical concerts and parades both big and small. Here were some highlights of Independence Day festivities around the nation:
- Spectators brave tight security for NYC fireworks show Updated: Jul-04-15 11:56 pm
NEW YORK - Hundreds of thousands of people braved tight security along New York City's East River to watch the annual Macy's Fourth of July fireworks display.
- Barry Manilow headliens 'Capitol Fourth' concert in DC Updated: Jul-04-15 11:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Barry Manilow sang a medley of "Let Freedom Ring" to lead off a booming fireworks display on the National Mall.
- Music, cultural celebrations mark July 4th festivities in DC Updated: Jul-04-15 10:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Symphony played the "1812 Overture" as cannons roared amid a fireworks display on the National Mall.
- Vandals tear up watercraft at Bullhead City jet ski shop Updated: Jul-04-15 7:14 pm
BULLHEAD CITY, Arizona - A Bullhead City jet ski rental business is the victim of vandalism on what is one of its busiest weekends.
- Southern Indiana mayor confronts would-be teenage thieves Updated: Jul-04-15 6:51 pm
JEFFERSONVILLE, Indiana - A southern Indiana mayor says two bicycles left behind by a group of teenagers who tried to steal from his garage will likely be donated to "needy kids."
- Gov. Walker and Wisconsin GOP retreat on open records limits Updated: Jul-04-15 5:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - In a sudden reversal amid a stinging backlash, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and GOP legislative leaders said they agreed Saturday to completely remove a part of the proposed state budget that would severely roll back open records laws.
- Friends trying to hand off rice cooker cause scare at casino Updated: Jul-04-15 5:19 pm
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - Police say two friends trying to hand off a rice cooker at a Rhode Island casino caused a brief security scare.
- July 4th visitors get glimpse of Peru in America's capital Updated: Jul-04-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Visitors on the National Mall are getting a glimpse of Peru's arts and culture, along with patriotic celebrations for America's birthday.
- Century-old Winchester now displayed in Wyoming museum Updated: Jul-04-15 3:53 pm
CODY, Wyoming - An abandoned, weathered Winchester rifle dating back to the 1800s is now on display in the Cody Firearms Museum at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Wyoming.
- Trooper: Oklahoma cheerleaders injured in crash after parade Updated: Jul-04-15 3:23 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma troopers say a high school cheerleader is in critical condition following a rollover crash that injured two other girls and two adults who were leaving a Fourth of July parade.
- Huge American flag made of Legos on display at Smithsonian Updated: Jul-04-15 3:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Thousands of visitors at the Smithsonian have helped build the largest American flag made out of Lego bricks in time for the Fourth of July.
- National forest is site for 100s of Rainbow Family campers Updated: Jul-04-15 2:34 pm
CADILLAC, Michigan - Hundreds of people are camping in northern Michigan's Wexford County, seeking days of prayer and reflection with a group called the Rainbow Family of Living Light.
- $35M hangar at Air Force museum in Dayton nearing completion Updated: Jul-04-15 2:29 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Workers are nearing completion of a 224,000-square-foot hangar at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in southwest Ohio.
- Missouri maintains as state's rivers heat up Updated: Jul-04-15 1:47 pm
CRAIG, Montana - This fly-fishing hub was bustling with boat traffic Thursday as anglers launched boats onto a blue-ribbon stretch of the Missouri River that's Montana's No. 1 fishing destination.
- Rescued sea lion found dead at Oklahoma City zoo Updated: Jul-04-15 1:14 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Zoo says a 2-year-old sea lion that was rescued in California has died.
- Iowa officials warn boaters of hazards in Coralville Lake Updated: Jul-04-15 1:11 pm
CORALVILLE, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is warning boaters to look out for hazards in Coralville Lake.
- Celebrations planned throughout Delaware for July Fourth Updated: Jul-04-15 1:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware is celebrating the Fourth of July with parades, food-eating contests and fireworks.
- More ways to gamble with more casinos coming to upstate NY Updated: Jul-04-15 12:22 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Well before dice start tumbling at new upstate casinos, gambling operations in New York are evolving to stay competitive.
- Exhibit opens July 4 about black experience in WW2 Updated: Jul-04-15 11:58 am
NEW ORLEANS - About to be overrun by Germans, a young black lieutenant called in an artillery barrage on his own position, knowing he'd be killed. It was the only way to hold off the enemy.
- 'Do it in DoMo': Downtown Monroe on a comeback Updated: Jul-04-15 11:02 am
MONROE, Louisiana - If you love a comeback story, then downtown Monroe is for you.
- Bike safety advocates celebrate new Maine law Updated: Jul-04-15 10:32 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Bike safety advocates are celebrating a new law that they say will make the roads safer for bikers and pedestrians.