- Ramirez returns, homers to send Dodgers over Texas Updated: Mar-07-14 9:11 pm
- Yellowstone: Bison slaughters done for the season Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 pm
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California Updated: Mar-07-14 7:22 pm
- Minnesota's elk management plan up for revision Updated: Mar-07-14 5:26 pm
- Vince Vaughn brings comedy festival to Nashville Updated: Mar-07-14 5:16 pm
- Judge: Sequim woman not guilty of park trespassing Updated: Mar-07-14 5:13 pm
- Snowden, Assange top bill at Texas tech gathering Updated: Mar-07-14 4:50 pm
- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school Updated: Mar-07-14 2:17 pm
- Pasco angler criticized for keeping record walleye Updated: Mar-07-14 1:05 pm
- Bookmobile man retires after decades of deliveries Updated: Mar-07-14 12:43 pm
- Students seeking less smoke at state fair Updated: Mar-07-14 12:35 pm
- Grant helps all students join in school music Updated: Mar-07-14 10:52 am
- Review: Raunchy new 'South Park' game is sweet Updated: Mar-07-14 8:14 am
- Houston rodeo salutes McIntire with scholarship Updated: Mar-07-14 6:44 am
- Jacksonville Zoo's tiger exhibit set to open Updated: Mar-07-14 6:38 am
- On the rocks? 'Ice yachts' sail cold Hudson River Updated: Mar-07-14 6:21 am
- Samurai exhibition opens Sunday at Detroit museum Updated: Mar-07-14 4:06 am
- Free activities at Kisatchie Forest Day next week Updated: Mar-07-14 4:06 am
- Ill. lottery game fund multiple sclerosis research Updated: Mar-07-14 4:06 am
- DC's Postal Museum looks at US history with China Updated: Mar-07-14 3:19 am
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool Updated: Mar-07-14 3:06 am
- Obama vacation plans in doubt because of Ukraine Updated: Mar-06-14 9:48 pm
- Annual Insane Clown Posse festival will be in Ohio Updated: Mar-06-14 7:49 pm
- Tropicana casino in Vegas reaches deal with union Updated: Mar-06-14 7:16 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone National Park ended shipments of wild bison to slaughter for the winter on Friday after almost 600 were removed in an effort to shrink the number of animals that cross into Montana during their annual winter migration.
SAN DIEGO - A California state lawmaker wants to ban SeaWorld from using killer whales in its San Diego shows.
GREENBUSH, Minnesota - Wildlife managers have scheduled a public meeting in northwestern Minnesota to discuss an upcoming revision to the state's elk management plan.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Actor Vince Vaughn is bringing a new comedy festival to Nashville this spring with live tapings and stand-up acts to be held at the city's music venues.
PORT ANGELES, Washington - A Sequim (skwihm) woman who was ticketed for driving past two barricades in Olympic National Park during the government shutdown was found not guilty after a brief bench trial before a federal magistrate.
AUSTIN, Texas - Surveillance. Online privacy. Robots. Food processing. Wearable computers. To get a sense of what's on the minds of the tech industry's thinkers, leaders and tinkerers, it's a good idea to head to Austin, Texas, rather than Silicon Valley this time of the year.
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
HOMESTEAD, Florida - President Barack Obama is beginning a new effort to help students take the first step toward getting college educations.
SPOKANE, Washington - A Pasco fisherman who caught a state record walleye is catching some barbed remarks from catch-and-release anglers.
DELTA, Utah - A familiar face for thousands of schoolchildren in Millard County is retiring.
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - A group of Hutchinson students is working to limit smoking at the Kansas state fairgrounds.
FRANKLIN, Indiana - When students at Northwood Elementary go to their third- and fourth-grade music classes, most of them play recorders, but a handful of them grab bongos, bells, tambourines and xylophones.
Remember when "South Park" debuted on Comedy Central in 1997? Remember how shocking the cursing, toilet humor and black comedy seemed?
HOUSTON - The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has honored country star Reba McIntire with an annual scholarship to be given in her name.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A new, $9.5 million tiger exhibit is set to open Saturday at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
BARRYTOWN, New York - Sharp winds lashed up the Hudson River as sailors launched boats onto the ice. Sails whipped furiously as the long blades slid across a white sheet that spread for miles.
DETROIT - An exhibition devoted to the samurai of Japan will open Sunday at the Detroit Institute of Arts.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Kisatchie National Forest Day is set for March 15 as part of the month-long Central Louisiana Outdoor Adventure Festival.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Proceeds from the newest Illinois Lottery game will be used to fund research into multiple sclerosis.
WASHINGTON - A new exhibition is looking at the history of Chinese and U.S. relations through mail and stamps at the Smithsonian's National Postal Museum.
FORT PIERCE, Florida - Federal officials have suspended a central Florida dolphin researcher for allegedly putting a sick dolphin in a resort community's swimming pool without permission.
WASHINGTON - It was supposed be a weekend getaway to Florida for President Barack Obama and his wife and daughters, an escape from the frigid weather and lingering piles of snow around Washington. But Russia's intervention in Ukraine has put Obama's plans in doubt, making it possible the family could end up at the White House.
DETROIT - An annual festival headlined by the rap-metal group Insane Clown Posse will be held in Ohio this year.
LAS VEGAS - Two unions have agreed on a five-year contract with the Tropicana casino on the Las Vegas Strip.