- Wyo. vet finally receives medals for service Updated: Dec-10-13 3:11 pm
- Groups plan North Dakota POW-MIA memorial Updated: Dec-09-13 9:34 am
- Pa. township takes title to British POW camp land Updated: Dec-06-13 4:58 pm
- Vietnam Memorial hosts annual Christmas ceremony Updated: Dec-02-13 6:23 am
- McCaskill plans to introduce POW legislation Updated: Nov-15-13 4:42 pm
- Fort Riley to hold foreign POW ceremony Updated: Nov-15-13 1:58 pm
- Bataan Death March survivor dies on Veterans Day Updated: Nov-14-13 6:55 am
- Veterans Day: Events and ceremonies around nation Updated: Nov-11-13 5:27 pm
- Former POW speaks at Veterans Day event Updated: Nov-11-13 3:41 pm
- Vietnam POWs living in Texas recall war service Updated: Nov-11-13 11:40 am
- WWII veteran's story subject of Kansas film Updated: Nov-09-13 4:41 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - When Paul Kniss' P-51 Mustang fighter plane was shot down over enemy territory during the Korean War, his personal nightmare was just beginning.
MANDAN, North Dakota - Two motorcycle clubs hope to begin construction next summer on a memorial at the North Dakota Veterans Cemetery to prisoners of war and soldiers missing in action.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A local government in south-central Pennsylvania took ownership Friday of a 47-acre parcel where a young American government held British prisoners during the 18th century Revolutionary War.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Officials are preparing for the Illinois Vietnam Veterans Memorial's 26th annual ceremony for prisoners of war and service members who remain missing in action.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Sen. Claire McCaskill said Friday she plans to introduce legislation requiring U.S. defense officials to address mismanagement in a military-led unit responsible for recovering and identifying U.S. service members missing in action.
FORT RILEY, Kansas - A delegation of Italian and German military officers will take part next week in a ceremony honoring deceased prisoners of war buried at a cemetery at Fort Riley.
ROSEVILLE, Minnesota - A Roseville man who survived the Bataan Death March in World War II has died at age 93 on the day America honored its military veterans.
Across the nation, Americans are commemorating Veterans Day with parades, wreath-laying ceremonies, monument dedications and other events.
ENID, Oklahoma - A new permanent wall that has become Oklahoma's official memorial dedicated to veterans of the Vietnam War will offer healing, love and unity to the men and women who served, a former prisoner of war said Monday.
FORT WORTH, Texas - Fighter pilot Jim Latham had just marked a target of abandoned supply trucks in a heavily populated area of North Vietnam when the right wing of his aircraft tore off.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A story of heroism and one veteran's "can-do" life aboard a B-17 bomber and in a German prisoner of war camp is being told in a new film by a Salina television producer.