- Texan recalls time 70 years ago as POW during WWII Updated: Aug-29-15 1:26 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A gold-framed black-and-white photo shows a smiling man in an Army Air Forces uniform, his cheeks still chubby with youth.
- Swoyersville couple celebrating 70 years of marriage Updated: Aug-26-15 1:46 pm
SWOYERSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Anthony and Betty Leptuck of Swoyersville fell in love in the late 1930s after meeting at dances in the borough fire hall.
- Australian in Thailand devotes life to 'Death Railway' POWs Updated: Aug-10-15 2:29 am
NAM TOK, Thailand - Wielding a machete, Rod Beattie slashes at tangled undergrowth and soaring bamboo to expose vistas from one of World War II's iconic sagas. Out of the jungle appear remnants of a railway that cost the lives of more than 100,000 Allied prisoners and Asians enslaved by Japan's Imperial Army.
- Retracing war past, ex-N. Korean POWs return to South Korea Updated: Aug-09-15 11:40 am
YANGPYEONG, South Korea - Back in the country where they were detained as prisoners of war in the 1950s, two former North Korean soldiers now find little apparent objection or hostility, at least superficially - they were even welcomed by veterans who had fought for the South. But it's also a trip that brings back bitter memories of war and puts them on the defensive again.
- Reassembly of Civil War POW camp building in New York begins Updated: Aug-05-15 9:59 am
ELMIRA, New York - Work has begun on a project to reconstruct the only surviving building from the Civil War prisoner-of-war camp in Elmira.