- Deadly pig virus confirmed in North Dakota Updated: Mar-05-14 1:31 pm
- St. Louis duo gives $2.5M to Missouri vet school Updated: Mar-04-14 9:35 am
- House approves bill for Ala. spay, neuter clinics Updated: Feb-25-14 7:04 pm
- Horse show vet might see 30 horses a day Updated: Feb-22-14 8:10 am
- Ironwood Pig Sanctuary has hundreds of pigs Updated: Feb-16-14 8:10 am
- Wisconsin takes steps to slow spread of pig virus Updated: Feb-13-14 11:37 am
- Veterinary school dean appointed at LSU Updated: Feb-11-14 11:56 am
- Vets say Chattanooga dumping dead pets in landfill Updated: Feb-08-14 12:13 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A virus that has killed more than 4 million pigs in the U.S. in less than a year has been found in North Dakota, and officials are taking steps to try to stop it from spreading.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A St. Louis couple pledged to donate $2.5 million to the University of Missouri's veterinary school despite having no prior connection to the university.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama House of Representatives on Tuesday passed a bill aimed at making sure that nonprofit spay and neuter clinics can keep their doors open.
PHOENIX - Away from the cheering at the horse arenas, the glittery show clothes of competitors and the judging of champions inside the ring, Dr. Greg Byrne watched an Arabian trot in a circle.
RED ROCK, Arizona - Arnold entered assisted living a few years ago. He couldn't move around like he used to, on account of his arthritis.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's state veterinarian banned spring weigh-ins for pigs competing at fairs and recommended pigs that any pigs shown be sent immediately to slaughter to prevent the spread of a deadly swine disease.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Dr. Joel Baines has been appointed dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine at Louisiana State University.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga officials have stopped taking the bodies of euthanized pets to an animal center for cremation and instead are dumping them in the city landfill, veterinarians say.