- Avian flu hasn't reached Alaska birds yet, but it could Updated: Jul-04-15 4:56 pm
KENAI, Alaska - The largest avian influenza outbreak to hit the poultry industry in history has spread across the lower 48 U.S. states and Canada, but Alaskan flocks have not yet been affected.
- U of Illinois vet students will help care for fair animals Updated: Jul-02-15 4:28 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Agriculture says students from the University of Illinois' College of Veterinary Medicine will help care for animals at the state fair.
- Lions returned to Rwanda 15 years after population wiped out Updated: Jul-01-15 12:52 pm
PHINDA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE, South Africa - The sedated, blindfolded lions lay in the dirt, unwitting passengers about to embark on a 30-hour, 2,500-mile (4,000-kilometer) journey by truck and plane from South Africa to Rwanda, whose lion population was wiped out following the country's 1994 genocide.
- Veterinarian accused of keeping dozens of animals in squalor Updated: Jun-26-15 8:07 am
MARION, Illinois - A former veterinarian in southern Illinois is facing accusations of housing animals in squalor after dozens were removed from her property last month.
- Texas grand jury declines to indict vet who killed cat Updated: Jun-24-15 3:07 pm
BELLVILLE, Texas - A Texas grand jury has declined to indict a veterinarian who bragged on social media about killing a cat with an arrow.
- Veterinarians bring checkups to Yukon River communities Updated: Jun-23-15 3:16 pm
BETHEL, Alaska - Veterinarians are bringing pet care to communities along the Yukon River in an effort to reduce strays and their potential to pass diseases to humans.
- Researchers, veterinarians remove hook from monk seal Updated: Jun-21-15 4:04 pm
HONOLULU - A 3-year-old monk seal has been freed of the fishing hook in its mouth after being spotted in distress on Kaena Point on Friday.
- U of Illinois vets try to crowd-fund dog research Updated: Jun-19-15 4:43 am
URBANA, Illinois - Three University of Illinois veterinarians are hoping the public will help them pay for research to try to make surgery safer for dogs.
- Dover base veterinary clinic treats decorated military dogs Updated: Jun-13-15 9:29 am
DOVER, Delaware - From the panting yellow lab with the nasty ear infection to the quivering Siamese cat in need a nail trim, the Veterinary Treatment Facility at Dover Air Force Base is not as high-drama as one might expect.
- Michigan confirms first cases of highly pathogenic bird flu Updated: Jun-08-15 4:33 pm
DETROIT - Michigan's first cases of highly pathogenic bird flu have been found in free-ranging Canada Geese north of Detroit, according to state officials.
- Vet, wife charged with forging pet health certificates Updated: Jun-07-15 4:31 am
LAKELAND, Florida - A Lakeland veterinarian and his wife have been charged with forging pet health certificates to trick consumers into believing they were buying healthy animals.
- Springville veterinarian and his reindeer find success Updated: Jun-06-15 9:29 am
SPRINGVILLE, Utah - Dr. Isaac Bott's work day always starts the same way.