- Britain hopes UN will agree soon on tough NKorea sanctions Updated: Feb-11-16 9:44 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Britain's United Nations ambassador says he hopes the U.N. Security Council will agree as soon as possible on a resolution imposing tough new sanctions on North Korea in response to its recent nuclear test and long-range rocket launch.
- Official unsure of where Iran's enriched uranium is stored Updated: Feb-11-16 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A State Department official told lawmakers Thursday he was unsure of the precise location of tons of low-enriched uranium shipped out of Iran on a Russian vessel as part of the landmark nuclear agreement.
- Belligerence as strategy: Pyongyang and its provocations Updated: Feb-09-16 5:16 am
In Japan, the prime minister said North Korea would be committing a "grave, provocative act" if it followed through on plans to launch a long-range rocket. South Korea warned of "searing consequences" if the launch went ahead. Moscow and Washington, which rarely agree on much of anything these days, both denounced Pyongyang's plans. Even China, North Korea's closest ally, said it was worried.
- US responses to NKorea nuke, missile tests will upset China Updated: Feb-09-16 4:14 am
WASHINGTON - North Korean nuclear and rocket tests are drawing quick responses from the U.S. that will upset a supposed partner against Pyongyang's weapons development - China.
- UN condemns NKorea launch, pledges significant new sanctions Updated: Feb-07-16 11:41 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The U.N. Security Council condemned North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket that world leaders called a banned test of ballistic missile technology and another "intolerable provocation." The U.N.'s most powerful body pledged to quickly adopt a new resolution with "significant" new sanctions.
- The Latest: Japan mulls sanctions after NKorea launch Updated: Feb-07-16 11:28 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The Latest on North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket (all times local):
- For second time, House OKs bill targeting Iran nuclear deal Updated: Feb-02-16 6:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The House approved for the second time in three weeks a Republican-led bill targeting the landmark nuclear agreement with Iran.
- Woman who held 30-year vigil outside the White House dies Updated: Jan-26-16 2:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Concepcion Picciotto, the protester who maintained a three-decade peace vigil outside the White House that was widely considered to be the longest-running act of political protest in U.S. history, has died.
- Kerry says US-Saudi friendship stronger than ever Updated: Jan-24-16 3:11 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday that the U.S. friendship with Saudi Arabia is stronger than ever and that the two will work together to try to end wars in Syria and Yemen.
- Japan will lift Iran sanctions following nuclear deal Updated: Jan-21-16 10:47 pm
TOKYO - The Japanese Cabinet approved Friday the lifting of sanctions on Iran, following the recent completion of a landmark deal to try to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.