- Easter service marks Colorado massacre centennial Updated: Apr-20-14 9:16 pm
- Lincoln hires law firm for union negotiations Updated: Apr-20-14 2:44 pm
- Gender gap under Ohio governor nearly $10 an hour Updated: Apr-20-14 2:07 pm
- Fracking foes cringe as unions back drilling boom Updated: Apr-20-14 12:46 pm
- Democrat's retirement opens door for GOP in NC 7th Updated: Apr-20-14 11:37 am
- Classes canceled after Danville teachers strike Updated: Apr-19-14 5:11 pm
- Fairbanks takes 2nd look at rejected contract Updated: Apr-19-14 4:25 pm
- Bloomfield city manager settles lawsuit Updated: Apr-19-14 1:31 pm
- Taxes, minimum wage top issues in November Updated: Apr-19-14 12:43 pm
- American Samoa retailer to pay back wages Updated: Apr-19-14 12:04 pm
- Analysis: Hoping legislative defeats boost turnout Updated: Apr-19-14 4:26 am
- Boeing to give California workers $47M in back pay Updated: Apr-18-14 10:31 pm
- Federal appeals court upholds Walker's union law Updated: Apr-18-14 7:34 pm
- Judge says American can't end retiree benefits yet Updated: Apr-18-14 6:25 pm
- Economist: 2018 minimum wage will be worth $9.25 Updated: Apr-18-14 4:23 pm
- Little-known Democrat tries to unseat Scott Walker Updated: Apr-18-14 4:05 pm
- UConn recognizes new graduate assistants union Updated: Apr-18-14 2:59 pm
- Ohio's jobless rate dips to 6.1 percent in March Updated: Apr-18-14 12:28 pm
- Florida unemployment rate ticks up slightly Updated: Apr-18-14 12:08 pm
- Texas jobless rate falls to 5.5 percent in March Updated: Apr-18-14 11:55 am
- SC unemployment fell to 5.5 percent in March Updated: Apr-18-14 11:04 am
- Ludlow massacre spurred New Deal labor reforms Updated: Apr-18-14 9:28 am
- Chinese trade group to mediate shoe factory strike Updated: Apr-18-14 7:28 am
- Pedestrian killed in Puyallup, Wash. Updated: Apr-18-14 2:53 am
- California rail line fined for worker deaths Updated: Apr-17-14 7:53 pm
TRINIDAD, Colorado - Linda Linville climbed down the steep stone steps into the dugout on the southern Colorado prairie Sunday where one branch of her family was wiped out in one day 100 years ago.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln city officials have hired a local law firm to handle union contract negotiations for the second bargaining season in a row.
DAYTON, Ohio - A newspaper investigation has found the average pay gap between men and women in the offices of four of Ohio's five elected statewide officials has grown to as much as almost $10 an hour, as it's shrunk to under a dollar across the rest of state government.
PITTSBURGH - After early complaints that out-of-state firms got the most jobs, some local construction trade workers and union members in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia say they're now benefiting in a big way from the Marcellus and Utica Shale oil and gas boom.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two years ago, Republican David Rouzer lost to Democratic U.S. Rep. Mike McIntyre by just 654 votes - a razor-thin margin of 0.2 percent among the nearly 337,000 ballots cast.
DANVILLE, Pennsylvania - Parents, students and others say they're hoping for a resolution of the teacher strike that began this week in the Danville Area School District.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Fairbanks City Council will reconsider a union contract proposal it rejected last month.
BLOOMFIELD, New Mexico - A lawsuit filed in 2012 accusing Bloomfield's city manager of sexual harassment has been settled.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The biggest political fallout from the just-ended legislative session won't be about what lawmakers did, but what they did not do.
HONOLULU - The U.S. Department of Labor says a department store in American Samoa has agreed to pay nearly $120,000 in back wages to more than 250 employees.
WASHINGTON - Flip sides of the same campaign-season coin, the Republican drive in Congress to repeal the nation's health care law and the Democratic call to close the pay gap for women have much in common.
PALMDALE, California - Boeing Co. will pay $47 million to hundreds of current and former Southern California employees who are owed back pay and benefits, a union announced Friday.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal appeals court on Friday upheld Gov. Scott Walker's public union restrictions, dealing another loss to unions trying to overturn the Republican governor's signature legislation that led to massive protests at the Wisconsin Capitol three years ago.
DALLAS - A federal judge has rejected an attempt by American Airlines to quickly cut off benefits for many of its retirees.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - In a plan approved by the legislature, full-time minimum-wage workers in Maryland will ultimately make about $875 less annually than they would have under the governor's proposed timetable, an economic analyst said.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Democrats and their allies who are trying to take out Republican Gov. Scott Walker have invested all their hopes in Mary Burke, a Harvard-educated political newcomer whose father started Trek Bicycle when she was a teenager.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - More than 2,100 graduate assistants working for the University of Connecticut have been recognized as part of a new union and will soon begin negotiating a labor contract with the administration.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's unemployment rate dropped in March to 6.1 percent, its lowest level in six years, according to state job figures released Friday.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's unemployment rate ticked up slightly to 6.3 percent in March, with the ranks of the unemployed increasing by 17,000 to 606,000.
AUSTIN, Texas - The strength of the Texas economy combined with a growing labor force contributed to a 5.5 percent March unemployment rate, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's unemployment rate continued a nearly yearlong decline last month, falling for the 10th month in a row, state officials said Friday.
DENVER - A century ago this Sunday, 11 children and two women died in a fire that followed a shootout between the Colorado National Guard and striking coal miners at a tent camp in southern Colorado.
BEIJING - Chinese police hauled away dozens of workers Friday to break up a march on a factory complex targeted by tens of thousands of laborers striking against the world's largest maker of athletic shoes, while a government trade union said it would mediate the labor dispute.
PUYALLUP, Washington - Police in Puyallup, Washington, say a car dealership employee who was crossing a street in a crosswalk was struck and killed by a car that also jumped a curb and struck several vehicles in the dealership's parking lot.
SAN FRANCISCO - Workplace safety officials fined a San Francisco Bay Area commuter rail line $210,000 on Thursday over the deaths of two track workers who were killed by a train the officials said was operated by an inexperienced driver with inadequate supervision.