- The Latest: Police arrest protesters in Seattle Updated: May-01-16 11:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on May Day marches across the U.S. (all times local):
- Anti-capitalists clash with Seattle police on May Day Updated: May-01-16 11:01 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police used pepper spray Sunday evening to disperse anti-capitalist protesters after authorities said rocks, flares and bricks were thrown at officers downtown.
- May Day marchers take to US streets in heated election year Updated: May-01-16 10:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Hundreds of May Day marchers chanting slogans and carrying signs - and at least one Donald Trump piÃ±ata - took to the streets of Los Angeles on Sunday calling for immigrant and worker rights and decrying what they see as hateful presidential campaign rhetoric.
- The Latest: Police use pepper spray on Seattle protesters Updated: May-01-16 10:19 pm
SEATTLE - The Latest on May Day rallies in the Northwest (all times local):
- Rally seeks to foster fairness, justice for immigrants Updated: May-01-16 8:57 pm
DURHAM, New Hampshire - Social justice advocates in New Hampshire are making the rejection of racism, xenophobia and anti-Muslim sentiment the themes of their annual May Day Rally for Immigrant Justice.
- Car bomb in southern Turkey kills 2 police officers Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - A car bomb struck the entrance of a Turkish police station Sunday in the southern city of Gaziantep, killing two police officers and wounding 22 other people in a day marred by violence and May Day protests.
- Trade unions hold rallies to mark May Day; clashes Updated: May-01-16 6:19 pm
Trade unions and other groups are staging rallies around the world to mark International Workers Day. A look at some May Day events:
- Hundreds march to support workers, demand justice Updated: May-01-16 6:06 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hundreds of workers are rallying and marching along San Francisco's scenic bay-front in support of immigrant and workers' rights and to demand justice for several men fatally shot by city police.
- Egypt police block labor day assembly, workers urge freedoms Updated: May-01-16 6:02 pm
CAIRO - Egyptian police prevented hundreds of workers from holding a meeting in Cairo to commemorate International Workers' Day on Sunday, while independent trade union leaders urged the government to allow them freedom of assembly.
- Protests disband after IS group carries out 2nd Iraq bombing Updated: May-01-16 3:53 pm
BAGHDAD - Anti-government protesters disbanded at least temporarily Sunday from the heavily fortified Green Zone they had stormed a day earlier after the Islamic State group carried out its second major attack in Iraq in as many days - a pair of car bombs that killed more than 30 people.
- The Latest: Iraqis announce disbanding of Green Zone protest Updated: May-01-16 12:01 pm
BAGHDAD - The Latest on Iraq's political crisis (all times local):
- Saudi Binladin Group employees set fire to buses in protest Updated: May-01-16 10:57 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Employees at the Saudi Binladin Group, a construction giant, have set fire to more than seven company buses in the latest protest by disgruntled staff over not being paid salaries for months and a large round of reported layoffs.
- Rally to protest GOP's Donald Trump to be held in Miami Updated: May-01-16 6:11 am
MIAMI - A coalition of immigrant rights and labor groups are planning to march in Miami against the "hateful rhetoric" from Republican front-runner Donald Trump's presidential campaign.
- Jesuit priest, peace activist Daniel Berrigan dies at 94 Updated: Apr-30-16 10:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Rev. Daniel Berrigan, a Roman Catholic priest and peace activist who was imprisoned for burning draft files in a protest against the Vietnam War, died Saturday. He was 94.
- Family, friends mark 2nd anniversary of Hamilton's death Updated: Apr-30-16 6:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - Family and friends are marking the second anniversary of the death of a mentally ill black man who was shot in a confrontation with a white police officer in a downtown Milwaukee park.
- Arsenal edges past Norwich in 1-0 win on day of fan protest Updated: Apr-30-16 3:38 pm
LONDON - Substitute Danny Welbeck's second-half goal helped Arsenal to a 1-0 victory Saturday over relegation-threatened Norwich in the Premier League on a day of protests and division among the home fans.
- Argentina's big unions join to protest layoffs, inflation Updated: Apr-29-16 10:58 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's strongest unions brought thousands of people into the streets Friday to protest high inflation and job cuts in the biggest demonstrations against President Mauricio Macri since he took office in December.
- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- Janitors march in downtown Los Angeles Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Several thousand janitors and supporters have rallied in downtown Los Angeles to demand higher wages as they ready for a possible strike.
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Hundreds of rowdy protesters broke through barricades and threw eggs at police Friday outside a hotel where Donald Trump addressed the state's Republican convention. Several Trump supporters said they were roughed up but no serious injuries were reported.
- Protesters march against Carrier moving work to Mexico Updated: Apr-29-16 6:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Several hundred people gathered at the Indiana Statehouse on Friday to protest air conditioning giant Carrier Corp.'s decision to move 1,400 jobs from the state to Mexico to save money.
- Mexico arrests 73, breaks up highway blockade Updated: Apr-29-16 4:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican police have arrested 73 people after breaking up a protest by taxi drivers that blocked the main highway leading from Mexico City to Acapulco.
- The Latest: Skirmishes break out outside Trump event Updated: Apr-29-16 4:13 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on protests against Donald Trump during the GOP candidate's California events (all times local):
- Sanders blasts Indiana factory closings at union rally Updated: Apr-29-16 3:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Bernie Sanders told a labor union rally outside the Indiana Statehouse that bad international trade policies are enabling corporations to shut down American factories and move work to countries with lower wages.
- 'Frisco Five' fast to protest San Francisco police brutality Updated: Apr-29-16 10:11 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Five people in San Francisco are on the ninth day of a hunger strike, saying they won't eat until San Francisco's police chief is fired or resigns.