- Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray Updated: May-28-15 2:37 pm
BALTIMORE - A 31-year-old woman and a young boy were shot in the head Thursday, becoming Baltimore's 37th and 38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years.
- Paris doctors strike to protest working hours reform Updated: May-28-15 11:33 am
PARIS - Thousands of doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel have demonstrated in central Paris to protest planned working-hours changes they say will result in more burnout and worse patient care.
- Senate committee signs off on $11.3 billion state budget Updated: May-28-15 10:54 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Senate budget writers have signed off on an $11.3 billion state spending plan for the next two years, sending the document to the chamber floor for a vote next week.
- Thai protest leaders get jail term for anti-government rally Updated: May-28-15 9:42 am
BANGKOK - Six prominent protest leaders in Thailand were sentenced to two years in prison Thursday for storming the prime minister's office compound during massive anti-government rallies in 2008 in part of the political turmoil that has plagued the country in the past decade.
- US, Chinese authors protest major book fair, censorship Updated: May-27-15 11:58 pm
NEW YORK - Chinese and American authors gathered Wednesday to protest a major U.S. book fair's focus on China that they say ignores the country's glaring problems of censorship and intimidation.
- Anti-mining protesters square off with troops in south Peru Updated: May-27-15 9:08 pm
AREQUIPA, Peru - Dozens of farmers and activists burned tires and briefly occupied a bridge in Peru's southern highlands Wednesday, defying troops sent to quell weeks of deadly protests against a Mexican-owned copper mining project.
- 'Moral Monday' supporters to hold rally near Legislature Updated: May-27-15 6:28 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Speakers addressed Medicaid expansion and environmental justice issues during a rally opposing policies originating from Republicans in charge of North Carolina government.
- Planned march shows cracks in Venezuela opposition movement Updated: May-27-15 3:31 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - One of Venezuela's most high-profile politicians has called an anti-government march on Saturday, but the main opposition coalition is not endorsing the protest, underscoring fissures among critics of the country's socialist government.
- Teachers to work during sit-in protest of education funding Updated: May-27-15 2:29 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Tacoma teachers are protesting the state legislature's lack of progress on pay and class sizes by putting their after-school work on display.
- Moldova police find Molotov cocktails, detonators, masks Updated: May-27-15 11:40 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Moldovan police have found Molotov cocktails, detonators, mobile phones and masks at two locations in the capital Chisinau and suspect they were intended to be used against peaceful protesters.
- Buddhists in Myanmar deny boat people are Rohingya Updated: May-27-15 5:37 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Several hundred protesters in Myanmar's main city are denying that boat people arriving on Southeast Asian shores are Rohingya Muslims, a religious minority the government and many others in the predominantly Buddhist nation say does not exist.
- Students rally in Providence for bus passes Updated: May-26-15 4:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - High school students in Providence are calling on the city's mayor to reduce the minimum distance students must walk to school to qualify for a bus pass.
- Bob Marley musical tries to help heal an uneasy Baltimore Updated: May-26-15 3:00 pm
NEW YORK - Most theater professionals like to say that whatever they're working on is very relevant to what's going on in the real world. That was not possibly more true than in Baltimore this spring.
- Cleveland church members protest officer's acquittal Updated: May-26-15 1:30 pm
CLEVELAND - Members of about 40 churches marched in downtown Cleveland and called for reform in response to the acquittal of a white patrolman charged in the deaths of two unarmed black motorists.
- Protesters block highway ramp into Baltimore Updated: May-26-15 10:28 am
BALTIMORE - Protesters opposed to a new youth detention center slowed traffic along Interstate 95 through Baltimore as they stopped traffic on a major gateway into the city during the morning rush.
- German protests Russia's decision to turn away Merkel ally Updated: May-25-15 11:52 am
BERLIN - Germany is protesting Russia's decision to turn away an ally of Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- 58 protesters arraigned after Cleveland officer's acquittal Updated: May-25-15 11:22 am
CLEVELAND - Dozens of protesters arrested after the acquittal of a white patrolman charged in the deaths of two unarmed black motorists have been arraigned in court in Cleveland.
- Anti-eviction campaigner promises change in Barcelona Updated: May-25-15 10:42 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Leading Spanish social activist Ada Colau said Monday the fight against evictions, poverty and corruption will be her priority as new mayor of the country's second city, Barcelona.
- Protesters target Oakland policy on street demonstrations Updated: May-25-15 10:38 am
OAKLAND, California - Police made arrests as demonstrators marched in downtown Oakland against the city's new get-tough policy for monitoring street protests - the second such gathering in as many days.
- The Latest in Cleveland: Holiday arraignments for protesters Updated: May-24-15 11:54 pm
- 100s march in Vegas as part of protest against Monsanto Updated: May-24-15 8:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - Hundreds of people marched and waved placards in downtown Las Vegas as part of an international day of protests against agriculture giant Monsanto.
- Patriots fans rally in support of Tom Brady Updated: May-24-15 1:21 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Dozens of New England Patriots fans filled a parking lot at Gillette Stadium to protest the four-game suspension handed to quarterback Tom Brady over the "Deflategate" scandal.
- Students rally around Mitchell ag teacher battling cancer Updated: May-24-15 12:28 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Students at an eastern South Dakota high school are rallying around an agriculture teacher during his bout with cancer.
- Hawaii groups plant coconut trees, protest against Monsanto Updated: May-24-15 4:01 am
HONOLULU - Demonstrators planted coconut trees and waved signs in rallies across the Hawaiian Islands as part of an international day of protests against agriculture business Monsanto.
- Jailed Venezuelan leader starts hunger strike, urges protest Updated: May-23-15 11:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Jailed opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez said he is beginning a hunger strike and called for a mass anti-government protest next week in a video leaked Saturday.