- Peace rally held in North Texas after Muslim names published Updated: Nov-28-15 5:48 pm
IRVING, Texas - About 100 demonstrators rallied in front of a suburban Dallas mosque in a show of support for the mosque a week after armed protesters appeared there.
- Rallies on Syrian refugee policy held in Hartford Updated: Nov-28-15 5:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Opponents and supporters of plans to accept Syrian refugees into the United States held dueling but peaceful rallies in Hartford.
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout Updated: Nov-28-15 4:32 pm
SYDNEY - The Melbourne Victory played through a staged walkout by fans to beat Adelaide United 2-1 and move atop the A-League in the eighth round on Saturday.
- Kosovo police arrest opposition leader for Parliament unrest Updated: Nov-28-15 12:41 pm
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Police entered the headquarters of Kosovo's main opposition party Saturday and arrested dozens of people, including one of its leaders who was wanted for the violent actions he has used to disrupt the country's Parliament.
- Maldives police break up opposition protest for a 2nd day Updated: Nov-28-15 10:55 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Police in the Maldives dispersed opposition protesters for a second straight day Saturday, using tear gas and pepper spray and arresting more than a dozen demonstrators demanding the release of a former president and other jailed political leaders.
- London protesters oppose UK airstrikes on IS in Syria Updated: Nov-28-15 8:29 am
LONDON - Hundreds of demonstrators in London are urging British lawmakers not to back airstrikes on the Islamic State group in Syria.
- Rubio to hold rally in Guntersville on Tuesday Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Marco Rubio is bringing his presidential campaign to Alabama on Tuesday.
- Seattle Black Lives Matter protest draws hundreds Updated: Nov-27-15 10:48 pm
SEATTLE - Hundreds of people marched through downtown Seattle streets and shops as part of a Black Lives Matter protest on Black Friday.
- Super Bowl of shopping is more like a scrimmage Updated: Nov-27-15 10:14 pm
NEW YORK - The annual ritual of Black Friday, as we know it, is over.
- No. 18 Oregon holds off rallying Oregon State 52-42 Updated: Nov-27-15 9:14 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The Oregon Ducks knew Oregon State would give its best shot in the Civil War.
- The Latest: 3 arrested in Chicago Black Friday protests Updated: Nov-27-15 8:41 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Some questions, answers about Minneapolis police shooting Updated: Nov-27-15 4:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The fatal shooting of a black man by a Minneapolis police officer has prompted nearly two weeks of protests and led to calls for answers as state and federal authorities continue to investigate.
- How Black Friday played out around the country Updated: Nov-27-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Black Friday, the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season, isn't always what people expect.
- Romania OKs visit by Russian official under EU travel ban Updated: Nov-27-15 12:44 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's foreign ministry has defended a visit by a Russian legislator who is on a European Union sanctions list, saying restrictions do not apply for international meetings.
- Hundreds protest jailing of 2 journalists in Turkey Updated: Nov-27-15 10:53 am
ISTANBUL - Hundreds of protesters gathered outside the Istanbul office of an opposition newspaper Friday, accusing the government of silencing critics and attempting to cover-up a scandal after two journalists were jailed on terror and espionage charges for their reports on alleged Turkish arms smuggling to Syria.
- The Latest: Russia supports closing of Turkish=Syria border Updated: Nov-27-15 10:20 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest developments regarding the war in Syria. All times local.
- Tens of thousands of students protest in Nepalese capital Updated: Nov-27-15 8:14 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Tens of thousands of students held hands, waved banners and chanted slogans in Nepal's capital Friday to protest against a border blockade that has caused severe shortages of fuel and an increase in food prices in the Himalayan country.
- Central, eastern Europe protest Russian gas pipeline project Updated: Nov-27-15 7:26 am
PRAGUE - Slovakia's economy minister says his country will join forces with other Central and Eastern members of the European Union to protest a recent deal to expand a pipeline that delivers natural gas directly from Russia to Germany.
- Teen killed by Chicago officer had broken, troubled family Updated: Nov-27-15 1:03 am
CHICAGO - A black teenager shot 16 times by a white Chicago police officer was a ward of the state when he died, having spent years being shuttled between different relatives' homes and foster care from the time he was 3.
- Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-26-15 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Americans paused Thursday to celebrate their blessings despite terrorism fears and racial tensions over fatal police shootings across the country. A record number of police officers patrolled the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, while St. Louis resumed its annual parade, canceled last year amid protests over Michael Brown's death.
- Protesters gather for Thanksgiving meal in Minneapolis Updated: Nov-26-15 5:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Protesters and community members dined on donated pies, macaroni and cheese and traditional Thanksgiving fare Thursday outside a Minneapolis police station that has been the site of ongoing demonstrations since an officer fatally shot a black man earlier this month.
- Anti-fur activists to target New Hampshire Fish and Game Updated: Nov-26-15 2:47 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Animal rights activists are targeting the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, which is deciding whether to restore hunting and trapping season for bobcats.
- Wal-Mart workers to protest for higher pay, full-time hours Updated: Nov-26-15 4:15 am
WASHINGTON - Wal-Mart workers in Washington and other cities will be spending Black Friday protesting for higher wages.
- The Latest: DOJ representatives attend Minneapolis protest Updated: Nov-25-15 11:27 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- News Guide: Protests of Chicago teen's shooting continue Updated: Nov-25-15 4:08 pm
CHICAGO - Protest groups returned to the streets of Chicago on Wednesday, one day after the city released a squad-car video showing a white police officer fatally shoot a black teenager.