- Activists to demonstrate against sexual violence at Baylor Updated: Feb-08-16 4:51 pm
WACO, Texas - Activists are planning a candlelight vigil outside the home of Baylor University's president to protest what they regard as the university's weak policing of sexual misconduct, particularly by student athletes.
- Pro-abortion advocates hold reproductive health care rally Updated: Feb-08-16 4:13 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Abortion rights organizations, students and Kansas House members are rallying against legislation banning access to reproductive health care.
- The Latest: Greece: Stop migrants in Turkish waters Updated: Feb-08-16 3:06 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The Latest on the influx of migrants into Europe (all times local):
- Opponents rally against Delaware death penalty Updated: Feb-08-16 11:51 am
DOVER, Delaware - Opponents of capital punishment are protesting the defeat of a bill repealing Delaware's death penalty and what they describe as chronic racial injustice in the state.
- Kurdish protest against Turkey turns violent in Paris Updated: Feb-08-16 9:16 am
PARIS - Clashes have erupted outside the Turkish Embassy in Paris after police moved in to disperse a demonstration by Kurdish political activists.
- Ethnic protesters in Nepal withdraw border blockade, strike Updated: Feb-08-16 7:30 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - The main ethnic group that's been protesting for months over Nepal's new constitution is ending its border blockade and general strike, bringing relief to the Himalayan nation severely short of fuel, medicine and other supplies.
- Taxi in Prague block traffic, demand higher pay, ban on Uber Updated: Feb-08-16 6:06 am
PRAGUE - Hundreds of Czech taxi drivers are blocking a major road in downtown Prague to demand higher pay and protest alternative services such as Uber.
- Reborn Maine milling city offers lessons amid refugee crisis Updated: Feb-08-16 1:26 am
LEWISTON, Maine - The arrival of thousands of Somali refugees in this former mill city in the nation's whitest state sparked a backlash at first, complete with a rally of white supremacists and a pig's head rolled into the local mosque.
- The Latest: Japan mulls sanctions after NKorea launch Updated: Feb-07-16 11:28 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The Latest on North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket (all times local):
- Iraqi Kurds protest against Turkey, 3 police wounded Updated: Feb-07-16 8:22 am
IRBIL, Iraq - Protests against Turkey in Iraq's northern Kurdish region have turned violent, with three police officers wounded.
- Anti-Islam groups rally across Europe; clashes in Amsterdam Updated: Feb-06-16 1:09 pm
DRESDEN, Germany - Protesters rallied against Islam and immigration in several European cities Saturday, sometimes clashing with police or counter-demonstrators amid growing tensions over the massive influx of asylum-seekers to the continent.
- New Hampshire fast food workers gear up for 1st strike Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Fast food workers are set to walk off the job in New Hampshire's largest city to demand an hourly wage of $15 and union rights.
- Teen raises voice in Baltimore's Black Lives Matter movement Updated: Feb-06-16 9:01 am
BALTIMORE - Makayla Gilliam-Price is a 17-year-old high school senior applying to colleges. She's also an activist bent on dismantling racism, on making Baltimore a place where black kids have an equal shot at safety, at an education, at the future.
- Hungary's public education official replaced amid protests Updated: Feb-06-16 8:15 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary's state secretary of public education has been replaced amid growing discontent and protests by teachers, students and parents against the government's centralization of the school system.
- Former soldiers clash with protesters in Haiti; 1 dead Updated: Feb-05-16 8:09 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A band of former Haitian soldiers clashed Friday with a far larger gathering of anti-government demonstrators in the troubled country's capital, resulting in the killing of an ex-member of the abolished military amid an ongoing political crisis.
- Students, professors rally against perceived attacks Updated: Feb-05-16 5:24 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A group of student and teacher organizations at the University of Tennessee are protesting on campus against what they feel are attacks on the school coming from the governor and the state legislature.
- Black students seek swifter race reforms at Missouri Updated: Feb-05-16 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - University of Missouri students pointedly pressed the system's governing board Friday for faster diversity reforms at the Columbia campus, which is still grappling with racial unrest three months since protests led to departures of two top administrators.
- Ai Weiwei wraps Zodiac Heads to protest migrants' condition Updated: Feb-05-16 10:31 am
PRAGUE - In a protest about the plight of migrants coming to Europe, Chinese artist and activist Ai Weiwei has wrapped golden thermal blankets around his bronze animal heads meant to recreate the traditional Chinese zodiac.
- Why pensions are the new flashpoint in Greece's crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 8:59 am
ATHENS, Greece - Combine a rapidly aging population, a depleted work force and leaky finances and any country's pension system would be in trouble. For debt-hobbled, unemployment-plagued Greece, it's a nightmare.
- Protesting chauffeurs disrupt access to Paris airport Updated: Feb-05-16 7:55 am
PARIS - Protesting chauffeurs have moved to Paris' city center after having disrupted access to the Charles de Gaulle airport for a few hours, amid tensions between traditional taxis and app-based car services as the government loosens regulations in the evolving sector.
- Judge says gyrocopter pilot can travel as he campaigns Updated: Feb-04-16 6:16 pm
WASHINGTON - A Florida man who pleaded guilty to landing a gyrocopter outside the U.S. Capitol as a political protest is getting a little bit more freedom as he awaits sentencing and works to plan a congressional campaign.
- Protests, EU demands add pressure on Greece's Tsipras Updated: Feb-04-16 3:51 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Tens of thousands joined anti-government protests across Greece Thursday as the country was crippled by a general strike against painful pension reforms demanded by bailout lenders.
- Students rally against proposed UO tuition hike Updated: Feb-04-16 2:00 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Students at the University of Oregon are protesting a proposed 4.7 percent tuition hike, arguing that the increase isn't affordable.
- 10 charged with blocking Boston-area highway plead guilty Updated: Feb-04-16 1:44 pm
QUINCY, Massachusetts - Ten more Black Lives Matter protesters charged with blocking a major Boston-area highway during rush hour, forcing ambulances to reroute, have pleaded guilty but avoided jail time.
- Dozens protest homeless removal from Super Bowl area Updated: Feb-03-16 9:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Dozens are protesting what they say is the mayor of San Francisco's plan to push homeless people out of the scenic bay-front Embarcadero, where Super Bowl festivities are being held.