- Shani Davis of US 3rd at speedskating World Cup Updated: Dec-07-13 12:27 pm
- Asada wins GP Final despite triple axel problems Updated: Dec-07-13 8:00 am
- White knows he's man to beat - again - in Sochi Updated: Dec-07-13 12:04 am
- American Joey Mantia earns 1st World Cup victory Updated: Dec-06-13 5:16 pm
- Legends hope to get skating back into spotlight Updated: Dec-03-13 3:33 am
- Australian team naming delayed by CAS appeal Updated: Dec-03-13 12:37 am
- Lipnitskaia scrapes out Rostelecom Cup win Updated: Nov-23-13 7:59 am
- Chan eyes Olympic gold after Trophee Bompard win Updated: Nov-16-13 4:56 pm
- Estonia stops Russian figure skater's Sochi hopes Updated: Nov-14-13 1:09 pm
- US speedskating finally heading in right direction Updated: Nov-12-13 6:17 pm
- American Tucker Fredricks wins 500 Updated: Nov-10-13 6:53 pm
- Canada's Hamelin wins at short track World Cup Updated: Nov-10-13 4:45 pm
- Asada takes lead after short program at NHK Trophy Updated: Nov-08-13 7:12 am
BERLIN - South Korea's Mo Tae-bum won the men's 1,000-meter race at the final World Cup speedskating event before the Sochi Olympics, while American Shani Davis finished third.
FUKUOKA, Japan - Japanese skater Mao Asada won the Grand Prix Final on Saturday despite failing to land two triple axels early in her free program.
With two Olympic gold medals, more than a dozen titles at the X Games - Winter and Summer - and crossover appeal that makes sponsors drool, Shaun White knows everyone will be coming after him in Sochi.
BERLIN - American Joey Mantia, a former inline champion, earned his first World Cup victory Friday, winning the 1,500 meters in 1 minute, 45.80 seconds.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Brian Boitano has never spent time with Max Aaron, and he's looking forward to it as much as Aaron is.
SYDNEY - The naming of Australia's women's Olympic figure skating team has been delayed after Sochi hopeful Chantelle Kerry took a dispute over the selection of fellow prospect Brooklee Han to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
MOSCOW - Julia Lipnitskaia fell on her opening jump and put on what she called one of her biggest disappointments, but the 15-year-old Russian prodigy still edged out Carolina Kostner on Saturday by less than a point to win the Rostelecom Cup, the last of the season's six preliminary Grand Prix events.
PARIS - Patrick Chan knows the pressure on him will be intense at the Sochi Olympics after breaking three of his own world records on the way to his fourth victory at the Trophee Bompard.
TALLINN, Estonia - Estonia's skating federation says the government has rejected Russian figure skater Alexander Zaboev's fast-track application for Estonian citizenship, meaning he won't be able to compete in the Sochi Olympics.
After all the lawsuits and scandals and infighting, the American speedskating program is finally heading in the right direction.
CALGARY, Alberta - American Tucker Fredricks won the men's 500 meters Sunday in a World Cup speedskating event at the Olympic Oval, beating world and Olympic champion Mo Tae-bum of South Korea.
TURIN, Italy - Charles Hamelin won the 1,000-meter race and helped Canada capture the relay Sunday in short track World Cup speedskating. He finished the weekend with three gold medals.
TOKYO - Two-time world champion Mao Asada won the women's short program on Friday to take a big step toward winning her fourth NHK Trophy.