- LSU AgCenter gets $1.25M for project to improve rural health Updated: Oct-02-15 7:53 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The LSU AgCenter and three partners have a two-year, $1.25 million federal grant for research and outreach to reduce obesity and chronic diseases in three rural Louisiana parishes: Madison, St. Helena and Tensas.
- Roundup of Arkansas editorials Updated: Sep-29-15 9:03 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Survey: Montana youth smoking, drinking, meth use down Updated: Sep-22-15 3:13 pm
HELENA, Montana - A survey shows the percentage of Montana high school students who smoke, drink and use drugs continues to decrease, while time in front of computer screens and obesity rates are increasing.
- Health officials say increased obesity rate a 1-year blip Updated: Sep-22-15 7:24 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota health officials say the small increase in the state's obesity rate is disappointing, given the investments in walking paths, farmers markets and other strategies to promote healthy living.
- Report: Vermont 6th best in nation in adult obesity rate Updated: Sep-21-15 2:39 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rank Vermont sixth best in the nation overall in its adult obesity rate.
- Study: West Virginia has 2nd highest obesity rate Updated: Sep-21-15 2:06 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia has the second-highest rate of obesity among adults in the nation, according to a report released Monday.
- State obesity rates hold steady; 30 pct or more in 22 states Updated: Sep-21-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - New government data shows that in most states, the rate of adult obesity is not moving.