- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling Updated: Apr-16-14 9:08 pm
- Pueblo breaks ground on $20M wellness center Updated: Apr-12-14 1:44 pm
- Survey finds Bellingham residents thin, Yakima fat Updated: Apr-09-14 1:56 pm
- Surgery gives long-term help for obese diabetics Updated: Mar-31-14 10:16 am
- Schools increasingly check students for obesity Updated: Mar-29-14 11:13 am
- Obese Texas girl who had tumor has surgery in Ohio Updated: Mar-22-14 2:43 pm
NEW YORK - In the midst of the diabetes epidemic, a glimmer of good news: Heart attacks, strokes and other complications from the disease are plummeting.
SANTA ANA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Santa Ana Pueblo on Saturday broke ground on a $20 million health and wellness center in an effort to turn the tide on rising rates of obesity, diabetes and other health concerns that have plagued Native American communities.
SEATTLE - Bellingham is one of the nation's thinnest communities and Yakima among the most obese, according to a survey that lists Washington as the only state with cities ranked in the top five and the bottom five in the nation for obesity.
WASHINGTON - New research is boosting hopes that weight-loss surgery can put some patients' diabetes into remission for years and perhaps in some cases, for good.
CHULA VISTA, California - The Chula Vista school district not only measures the academic progress of Marina Beltran's second-grader, it also measures her son's body fat.
CINCINNATI - A 12-year-old girl with a rare case of medically induced obesity that pushed her weight past 200 pounds is recovering after weight-loss surgery.