- 3 groups get Blue Cross grants to fight obesity Updated: Mar-02-14 3:04 pm
- USDA adds foods to moms and kids food program Updated: Feb-28-14 12:08 pm
- New dean looks to retain doctors in South Texas Updated: Feb-26-14 6:59 pm
- A look at the changing obesity landscape for kids Updated: Feb-26-14 4:34 pm
- Cut out junk food ads in schools, government says Updated: Feb-25-14 9:04 pm
- Michelle Obama visits Miami to promote fitness Updated: Feb-25-14 6:18 pm
- National drop in obese toddlers, study suggests Updated: Feb-25-14 5:47 pm
- Landmark Hispanic study may offer longevity clues Updated: Feb-24-14 4:56 pm
- Beshear sets goals to improve Kentucky's health Updated: Feb-20-14 2:10 pm
- Experts: Obesity often starts before kindergarten Updated: Feb-16-14 9:51 am
- Few eligible patients can get weight loss surgery Updated: Feb-14-14 10:30 am
- California bill seeks warnings on sugary drinks Updated: Feb-13-14 6:23 pm
- New Haven mayor proposes soda tax to fight obesity Updated: Feb-09-14 1:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state's largest insurer is awarding $75,000 to each of three community organizations for initiatives to stem childhood obesity.
WASHINGTON - Pregnant women and mothers who get federal assistance with their grocery bills will now be able to buy more whole-grain foods, yogurt, fish, fruits and vegetables.
HARLINGEN, Texas - The dean of the new medical school in South Texas said Wednesday he will concentrate on producing doctors interested in remaining in the medically underserved region.
NEW YORK - Is the anti-obesity message finally getting through?
WASHINGTON - It's not just about what America's kids are getting in the lunch line.
MIAMI - First Lady Michelle Obama stopped at a Miami rec center Tuesday to continue her fight against childhood obesity by ensuring that children are staying healthy throughout their day, including after the school bell rings.
ATLANTA - Toddler obesity shrank sharply in the past decade, a new study suggests. While promising, it's not proof that the nation has turned a corner in the battle against childhood obesity, some experts say.
CHICAGO - The government's largest-ever study of Hispanics' health may help answer why they live longer than other Americans but the first results suggest that for some, the trend might be in jeopardy.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Gov. Steve Beshear has rolled out a wide-ranging plan aimed at improving Kentucky's overall health.
FLORENCE, Alabama - A new study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that among children between ages 5 and 14, nearly 12 percent developed obesity - 10 percent of girls and nearly 14 percent of boys.
WASHINGTON - Like 78 million other Americans, MaryJane Harrison is obese.
SACRAMENTO, California - California would become the first state to require warning labels on sodas and other sugary drinks under a proposal a state lawmaker announced Thursday.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven Mayor Toni Harp wants the state to impose a soda tax to battle obesity.