- FDA approves stomach-filling balloon for weight loss Updated: Jul-28-15 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health regulators on Tuesday approved an inflatable medical balloon that aids weight loss by filling up space in the stomach.
- Report: Nearly 1 in 3 young US adults too fat for military Updated: Jul-15-15 6:55 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The nation's obesity epidemic is causing significant recruiting problems for the military, with one in three young adults nationwide too fat to enlist, according to report issued Wednesday by a group of retired military leaders.
- Tulane addresses state's childhood obesity concerns Updated: Jul-15-15 4:53 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Tulane University will offer classes during the fall semester on addressing Mississippi's concerns with childhood obesity.
- First lady treats recipe contest winners to 'state dinner' Updated: Jul-10-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - It was smaller than the average White House state dinner but still had many of the trappings: seating in the East Room, meals on fine china, appearances by the president and first lady. But student winners of a nationwide recipe contest were on the VIP guest list, not celebrities and elected officials.
- ND generals ask Congress to promote act that fights obesity Updated: Jul-09-15 6:31 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Senior military leaders from North Dakota said Thursday that federal nutrition standards for schools should not be watered down or eliminated because they are helping to curb an obesity epidemic that is hurting the recruitment of new soldiers.
- Future of Subway pitchman's foundation unclear after raid Updated: Jul-08-15 7:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Suspended Subway pitchman Jared Fogle's foundation, which encourages children to avoid the same obesity he experienced in college, faces an uncertain future following a raid at his home two months after the group's then-executive director was arrested on child pornography charges.