- The Latest: Planned Parenthood targets Kasich in online ads Updated: Feb-10-16 5:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on an Ohio proposal that seeks to strip government funding away from Planned Parenthood (all times local):
- The Latest: Weather forecast called for storm-force winds Updated: Feb-08-16 5:16 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on a cruise ship that was damaged in bad weather in the Atlantic Ocean (all times local):
- Egypt arrests 3 for selling stones from Giza Pyramids Updated: Feb-06-16 11:29 am
CAIRO - Egyptian authorities have arrested three people after they appeared in a video selling stones from the 4,500-year-old Giza Pyramids to undercover journalists.
- Missouri APME contest winners Updated: Feb-04-16 10:07 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri 2015 APME News Writing and Photojournalism/Graphics Contest winners:
- Online auditions offered to join Muscle Shoals music scene Updated: Feb-02-16 5:18 pm
MUSCLE SHOALS, Alabama - In the past, aspiring singers and songwriters were auditioned in person in the course of a day at FAME Recording Studios during a call for new talent.
- Belarus journalist says police beat him; gets fined Updated: Jan-26-16 11:03 am
MINSK, Belarus - A journalist for an independent Belarusian news website who says he was beaten by police while covering a trial of opposition activists has been fined for failing to obey lawful orders.
- Report details Unabomber's handwritten prison correspondence Updated: Jan-25-16 2:00 am
FLORENCE, Colorado - In handwritten letters to hundreds of supporters and curiosity seekers, Unabomber Ted Kaczynski expressed shock over the 9/11 attacks and wrote that he preferred Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama in the 2008 Democratic presidential race.
- Publisher of National Catholic Reporter retires Updated: Jan-24-16 3:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Tom Fox, publisher of the National Catholic Reporter, has announced his retirement after a long career with the independent newsweekly that covered the clergy sex abuse scandal in the 1980s and later called for the removal of a bishop convicted of failing to report abuse.
- Honor Flight Buffalo to dissolve; coordinated 18 flights Updated: Jan-24-16 9:01 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo chapter of an organization that flies World War II veterans to Washington is dissolving.
- Young Chinese scale Great Firewall to flood Taiwan media Updated: Jan-21-16 8:01 am
BEIJING - The Facebook page of Taiwan's president-elect was flooded Thursday with tens of thousands of pro-China comments following a campaign by young mainlanders to jump the country's "Great Firewall" into normally forbidden overseas social media to express displeasure over the recent election.
- Getting in on the joke, Univision buys stake in The Onion Updated: Jan-19-16 1:08 pm
NEW YORK - The Spanish-language broadcaster Univision is buying a stake in the owner of satirical website The Onion, in what may be considered a serious grab for younger viewers.
- Once-homeless man with smooth voice is back on the airwaves Updated: Jan-16-16 11:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The once-homeless man whose silky voice turned him into an Internet sensation five years ago is back on the air - at the same Ohio radio station where he started a broadcasting career derailed by drug and alcohol addiction.
- UK's Duchess of Cambridge to guest-edit Huffington Post Updated: Jan-15-16 8:07 am
LONDON - Britain's Duchess of Cambridge will temporarily swap royal duties for an editor's chair to raise awareness of children's mental-health issues.