- China closes major business news website in extortion case Updated: Apr-30-15 5:14 am
BEIJING - Authorities ordered one of China's most prominent business news websites to close Thursday after its managers were accused of extorting money from companies with threats of negative coverage.
- Stern questions in post-Katrina bridge shootings case Updated: Apr-29-15 2:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Government prosecutors faced stern questions from openly skeptical appeals court judges who were asked Wednesday to reinstate convictions of five former New Orleans police officers in connection with deadly shootings amid the chaos that followed Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- State of the news media in 2015: Facebook and mobile rule Updated: Apr-29-15 12:38 am
NEW YORK - A new report on the state of the media has some simple terms for how we learn about the world: mobile and social media.
- Google pledges $162M for European digital journalism fund Updated: Apr-28-15 8:17 am
BERLIN - Google says it will give European publishers 150 million euros ($162.33 million) to help them adapt to the challenge of selling news online.
- Eritrea, North Korea called world's most censored states Updated: Apr-21-15 10:38 am
UNITED NATIONS - The small African nation of Eritrea tops even North Korea in its restrictions on the media, a new global report says.
- Israeli ultra-Orthodox site cuts Kim Kardashian from photo Updated: Apr-15-15 1:22 pm
JERUSALEM - An Israeli ultra-Orthodox Jewish news website has cut Kim Kardashian - one of the world's most photographed women - from a photo taken of her in Jerusalem this week.