- Jury convicts former Bixby Energy CEO of fraud Updated: Mar-05-14 4:04 pm
- Oregon ballot measures dropped in compromise Updated: Mar-03-14 8:53 pm
- Payroll business owner charged in money laundering Updated: Feb-27-14 10:31 am
- Panel faults US gov't over offshore tax evasion Updated: Feb-25-14 6:04 pm
- Fla. Legislative session to be a mix of priorities Updated: Feb-22-14 11:11 am
- Ex-Pa. gas drilling exec pleads guilty over thefts Updated: Feb-18-14 4:12 pm
- Bill would make corporate tax credits public Updated: Feb-17-14 7:49 pm
- Lawmaker: Tax bill in current form not affordable Updated: Feb-13-14 8:43 pm
- January tax collections fall short Updated: Feb-12-14 5:07 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A federal jury has found former Bixby Energy Systems chief executive Robert Walker guilty of defrauding investors, tax evasion and witness tampering.
SALEM, Oregon - Public employee unions and anti-union petitioners agreed Monday to a cease-fire on competing ballot measures, avoiding an expensive and bruising showdown between unions and business interests.
ST. LOUIS - The owner of a Fenton payroll services company has been indicted on felony mail fraud and money laundering charges involving his clients' unpaid taxes.
WASHINGTON - Billions of dollars in U.S. taxes are going unpaid because Americans are exploiting Swiss bank accounts, and the U.S. government has failed to aggressively pursue Switzerland's second-largest bank, a Senate investigation has found.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Tax cuts, stiffer sex offender laws, expanding school vouchers and, as always, the state budget will be among the issues Florida legislators will consider over their annual 60-day session that begins shortly.
PITTSBURGH - A former chief operating officer who stole more than $9 million from his gas drilling company to feed his casino gambling habit has pleaded guilty to conspiracy, mail fraud and income tax fraud.
PHOENIX - A House committee has approved a bill that would make some tax credits claimed by corporations public information.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Even the lawmaker who introduced a bill seeking to lower Nebraska's income tax rates said Thursday the proposal needs to be changed.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Finance Commissioner Larry Martin says the state's overall tax collections fell below budgeted expectations in January.