- Police chief at busiest US port indicted in alleged app scam Updated: May-01-15 1:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - A federal grand jury indicted the veteran police chief for the Port of Los Angeles in an alleged kickback and bribery scheme involving the development of a smartphone app that was supposed to help reduce crime at the nation's busiest seaport.
- LA port police chief indicted on corruption charge Updated: Apr-30-15 11:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - A federal grand jury on Thursday indicted the police chief for the Port of Los Angeles in an alleged kickback and bribery scheme involving the development of a smartphone app that was supposed to help reduce port crime.
- Corporate headquarters tax bills sent to Missouri governor Updated: Apr-20-15 8:11 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Two tax measures that would benefit businesses based in Missouri are heading to Gov. Jay Nixon's desk after passing the Legislature.
- Rauner lifts freeze on $100 million in corporate tax credits Updated: Apr-09-15 7:38 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration has approved $100 million in business tax incentives after suspending more than $200 million in grants for social services and parks.
- Revenue chief: Loopholes allow many companies to skip taxes Updated: Apr-08-15 4:32 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Revenue Secretary Tim Barfield says data analysis by his department shows many of the largest companies doing business in Louisiana don't pay income taxes to the state.
- Illinois governor wants to rip 'economic guts' from Indiana Updated: Apr-07-15 2:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) says he wants "rip the economic guts out of Indiana."