- Top economies move toward crackdown on corporate tax dodging Updated: Oct-05-15 11:03 am
PARIS - Dozens of world economies are close to adopting sweeping changes to international tax rules that could end tax-dodging by powerful multinationals - practices believed to deprive governments of up to $240 billion every year.
- Court: Nothing wrong with law to stop corporate tax refunds Updated: Sep-30-15 4:59 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A retroactive law that prevents more than $1 billion in tax refunds for out-of-state companies is not illegal, the Michigan appeals court said Wednesday.
- Ex-Arrow Trucking CEO asks Tulsa judge for lighter sentence Updated: Sep-30-15 3:45 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The former CEO of Arrow Trucking Co. is asking a federal judge in Tulsa for leniency when he's sentenced for conspiracy and tax evasion.
- Republican front-runner Trump proposes tax cuts for all Updated: Sep-28-15 6:21 pm
NEW YORK - After weeks of vowing to raise taxes on "hedge fund guys" and high-income earners, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump unveiled a tax plan Monday that would cut rates across the board and reduce the amount paid by wealthiest Americans and corporations into the U.S. Treasury.
- Unexpected income taxes boost Montana rainy day fund Updated: Sep-24-15 12:59 pm
HELENA, Montana - Legislative analysts are telling lawmakers that Montana had about $455 million in reserves at the end of the 2015 fiscal year.
- Ministry leader admits selling unapproved cancer remedies Updated: Sep-16-15 12:13 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A man who sold unapproved cancer remedies though a Rhode Island-based Christian ministry has pleaded guilty to federal charges of tax evasion and introducing a new unapproved drug.