- Congress is giving states the transportation blues Updated: Apr-15-14 7:07 pm
- Anderson clinic owner pleads guilty to tax evasion Updated: Apr-08-14 9:22 am
- Justice seeks to shut down Louisiana tax preparer Updated: Apr-08-14 6:32 am
- Ex-lawmaker pleads guilty to corruption charges Updated: Apr-02-14 6:22 pm
- Budget includes range of business, estate tax cuts Updated: Apr-02-14 4:58 pm
- Coleman proposes income, corporate tax cuts Updated: Mar-26-14 4:38 pm
- GOP candidate Kashkari proposes tax breaks Updated: Mar-25-14 6:58 pm
- Prosecutor: overturn Dolce, Gabbana conviction Updated: Mar-25-14 2:04 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - On the road in a tour bus this week, the U.S. transportation secretary is spreading some bad news: The government's Highway Trust Fund is nearly broke. If allowed to run dry, that could set back or shut down projects across the country, force widespread layoffs of construction workers and delay needed repairs and improvements.
INDIANAPOLIS - The former owner of a central Indiana dental clinic has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for not paying more than $850,000 in taxes.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The U.S. Department of Justice has asked a court to bar a New Iberia tax preparer and her business from preparing federal tax returns for others.
HELENA, Montana - A former state legislator pleaded guilty Wednesday to theft, bribery and tax-evasion charges for taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in kickbacks and bribes from consultants and contractors who were awarded federal money for projects on the Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation.
ALBANY, New York - New York's new budget will cut business and estate taxes over the next several years, lowering the corporate tax rate to 6.5 percent in 2016 while raising tax exemptions for inherited wealth by about $1 million annually to $5.25 million in 2017.
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican gubernatorial hopeful Curtis Coleman proposed massive cuts to Arkansas' corporate and individual income taxes on Wednesday, saying he viewed the reductions a higher priority than school funding.
SACRAMENTO, California - A 10-year corporate tax credit for companies that move to California and create more than 100 new jobs, diverting nearly $10 billion in high-speed rail bond money to water storage projects and promoting fracking for oil and natural gas are among the policy proposals released Tuesday by Republican gubernatorial candidate Neel Kashkari.
MILAN - A Milan prosecutor has asked an appellate court to overturn a tax fraud conviction and jail sentence against designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.