- Omaha public school teachers, district strike pay deal Updated: May-02-15 4:01 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools and its teachers union have struck a deal for a new contract that would give teachers raises over the next three years and increase the starting salary for new teachers.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-29-15 6:47 pm
The Denver Post, April 27, on the bar for school lawsuits:
- Approved increase in size, raise in salary for Duson police Updated: Apr-27-15 1:20 pm
DUSON, Louisiana - The city of Duson police will soon have a bigger police force and bigger salaries after the town's aldermen approved hiring two officers and raising the starting pay.
- Don't panic, college seniors: Jobs for grads likely to grow Updated: Apr-16-15 5:31 pm
WASHINGTON - The consulting and accounting firm EY is aggressively recruiting on college campuses this spring. The company formerly known as Ernst & Young plans to hire 9,000 graduates from U.S. universities this year, up from 7,500 in 2014. But recruiting isn't as easy as it used to be.
- Fight for $15 protests expand for low-wage workers Updated: Apr-15-15 6:22 pm
NEW YORK - The Fight for $15 campaign to win higher pay and a union for fast-food workers is expanding to represent a variety of low-wage workers and become more of a social justice movement.
- LA rally calls for higher wages for fast-food workers Updated: Apr-15-15 4:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - Demonstrators filled a major street outside a Los Angeles McDonald's restaurant on Wednesday to protest low wages for fast-food workers.