- Legislative leaders push for adjournment Updated: Apr-20-14 10:10 am
- Nebraskans sought for resources commission Updated: Apr-20-14 5:04 am
- Kansas high court opposes judicial budget Updated: Apr-19-14 12:52 pm
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop Updated: Apr-19-14 4:44 am
- Judge issues narrow ruling in public records case Updated: Apr-17-14 7:07 pm
- Applicants sought for Natural Resources Commission Updated: Apr-17-14 3:19 pm
- False Utah election mailings spur investigation Updated: Apr-17-14 2:05 pm
- State help for Northern Beef was about $4.3M Updated: Apr-16-14 7:21 pm
- Sorrento still with police chief and department Updated: Apr-16-14 9:58 am
- DC to celebrate Emancipation Day Updated: Apr-16-14 3:19 am
- Top Democratic lawmaker backs off 'carbon tax' Updated: Apr-14-14 7:49 pm
- Senator wants review of Iowa Veterans Home firings Updated: Apr-14-14 6:37 pm
- Judges try to overturn Martinez's veto on raises Updated: Apr-14-14 6:25 pm
- Iowa's popular governor suddenly put on defense Updated: Apr-14-14 12:53 pm
- U.Va. Wise to celebrate chancellor's inauguration Updated: Apr-14-14 2:05 am
- Smyrna students go hands-on, spark curiosity Updated: Apr-12-14 12:17 pm
- Tesla factor: Recharging Nevada's lithium industry Updated: Apr-11-14 3:40 pm
- Feds take last of NY panel's anti-corruption cases Updated: Apr-10-14 5:09 pm
- Fort Valley State to inaugurate ninth president Updated: Apr-10-14 4:05 am
- Va. ethanol plant finds life, investments Updated: Apr-09-14 3:01 pm
- Denver Post studies impact of Colorado hiring law Updated: Apr-09-14 2:44 pm
- Ohio grants target anti-drug programs for kids Updated: Apr-07-14 11:05 am
- Keene State College inaugurates 10th president Updated: Apr-06-14 9:04 am
- Bergeron inaugurated as Connecticut College head Updated: Apr-05-14 4:11 pm
- Judge dismisses lawsuit over drone strikes Updated: Apr-04-14 9:41 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Disagreements remain on several budget bills and priorities Gov. Terry Branstad outlined at the beginning of the year still have obstacles to overcome, but leaders in the Legislature say ending the 2014 session this week is likely.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman is seeking candidates for the newly expanded Natural Resources Commission.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court has criticized a judicial budget that ties funding to policy changes and was signed recently by Gov. Sam Brownback.
WASHINGTON - Thousands of pages of documents from President Bill Clinton's White House affirm a longtime adage: The more things change, the more they stay the same.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A state judge has ruled that elected officials cannot use the Wyoming Public Records Act to obtain massive amounts of internal documents from other government agencies.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman is seeking applicants for the new, expanded Nebraska Natural Resources Commission.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah elections officials say they don't know who in recent weeks mailed legislative endorsements and attacks purporting to represent a nonprofit group.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - U.S. Senate candidates talking about the idled Northern Beef Packers plant in northeast South Dakota have tossed out figures for taxpayer losses ranging from nothing to $80 million, but a breakdown from state agencies shows the actual number is closer to $4.3 million.
SORRENTO, Louisiana - Efforts to revitalize the Sorrento Police Department seem to be stagnating while the police chief's position sits vacant and the days pass without anyone actively seeking liability insurance for the department.
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia leaders and residents are preparing to celebrate a holiday that's unique to the nation's capital.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Monday backed off an unpopular proposal for a so-called carbon tax on consumer fuels and instead wants to dedicate billions of dollars generated by California's greenhouse gas reduction law to affordable housing, mass transit and high-speed rail.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A lawmaker called for an investigation Monday to determine why so many more workers at the Iowa Veterans Home have been fired and disqualified from future state employment under Gov. Terry Branstad than his predecessors.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A group of New Mexico judges sued Gov. Susana Martinez on Monday in an effort to overturn a veto that denied them an 8 percent pay raise, an increase the governor says too far eclipsed those given to other state employees like teachers.
DES MOINES, Iowa - In Terry Branstad's nearly 20 years as governor of Iowa, he has earned a reputation for steady management, frugality and a distinct absence of drama. Gray-haired, smiling and always attired in a crisp business suit, he's been a model of Midwestern stability and owner of a public approval rating over 60 percent.
WISE, Virginia - The University of Virginia's College at Wise is holding a two-week celebration of Chancellor Donna Price Henry's inauguration.
SMYRNA, Tennessee - On a recent afternoon, Smyrna Middle School students sat attentively at their desks and learned how industrial engineers apply their knowledge in the car industry.
RENO, Nevada - Take away the remnants of more than 200 exploratory drill holes and you're left with a rural landscape that looks just like any other in Humboldt County.
ALBANY, New York - Federal prosecutors are taking the remaining files of New York's anti-corruption commission as the panel shuts down, and they plan to complete the state investigations, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said Thursday.
FORT VALLEY, Georgia - Fort Valley State University is preparing to inaugurate its ninth president later this week.
HOPEWELL, Virginia - A bio-energy plant in Hopeful completed in 2010 but never opened has found new life.
DENVER - More state workers have been hired without traditional public-employee protections, and more is being spent on them, after voters approved a constitutional change backed by several governors.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Twenty-two grants totaling $1.5 million will help strengthen school-based alcohol and drug prevention programs in Ohio.
KEENE, New Hampshire - Keene State College has inaugurated its 10th president.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - Connecticut College has formally inaugurated Katherine Bergeron as its 11th president.
WASHINGTON - A federal judge on Friday dismissed a lawsuit against Obama administration officials for the 2011 drone-strike killings of three U.S. citizens in Yemen, including an al-Qaida cleric.