- Lynnfield man gets 10 years for raping relative Updated: Apr-16-14 9:32 am
- Man suspected of shooting Portland officer caught Updated: Apr-16-14 9:26 am
- Classes resume at Pennsylvania stabbing school Updated: Apr-16-14 9:25 am
- 78-year-old sentenced for killing N. Ind. neighbor Updated: Apr-16-14 9:19 am
- Female Afghan lawmaker wounded in shooting attack Updated: Apr-16-14 9:10 am
- Pistorius trial: Defense tries to build case Updated: Apr-16-14 9:10 am
- Plea hearing set for Va. college shooting suspect Updated: Apr-16-14 9:01 am
- Police-involved shooting reported in Hudson Valley Updated: Apr-16-14 8:54 am
- Drug suspect shot by police in St. Louis County Updated: Apr-16-14 8:48 am
- Illinois trooper charged for roadside strip search Updated: Apr-16-14 8:43 am
- School employee charged with statutory rape Updated: Apr-16-14 8:43 am
- Man gets 23 years in death of woman in Wagener Updated: Apr-16-14 8:38 am
- Fake abduction in park outrages many in Sequim Updated: Apr-16-14 8:35 am
- NY National Guard soldier charged with rape Updated: Apr-16-14 8:32 am
- SW Missouri woman charged in husband's death Updated: Apr-16-14 8:25 am
- State Supreme Court rejects appeal in baby's death Updated: Apr-16-14 8:25 am
- Woman charged in eastern Pa. stabbing death Updated: Apr-16-14 8:19 am
- 3 charged in Olive Branch fatal shooting Updated: Apr-16-14 8:14 am
- Triggerman sentenced to life in Joplin homicide Updated: Apr-16-14 8:13 am
- Slain Berryville official's sister admits perjury Updated: Apr-16-14 8:04 am
- Tangipahoa man fatally shot by sheriff's deputies Updated: Apr-16-14 8:01 am
- Lawyer disputes police account in Windham shooting Updated: Apr-16-14 7:46 am
- Police: Charges possible after beating on video Updated: Apr-16-14 7:46 am
- Woman who used cocaine before crash avoids prison Updated: Apr-16-14 7:34 am
- East Texas man killed at home week before trial Updated: Apr-16-14 7:31 am
SALEM, Massachusetts - A 75-year-old Lynnfield man has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison for raping a teenage relative, a case the victim said tore the family apart.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man suspected of wounding a Portland police officer in a shootout has been caught in a manhunt in southwest Portland.
MURRYSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Classes have resumed at a Pittsburgh-area high school one week after authorities say a student stabbed or slashed 21 others and a security guard while rampaging through a hallway with two kitchen knives.
LOGANSPORT, Indiana - A judge has sentenced a 78-year-old man to 55 years in prison for fatally shooting a neighbor after what authorities say was an ongoing dispute over drainage problems at their northern Indiana properties.
KABUL, Afghanistan - A female Afghan lawmaker was wounded in a shooting that her sister called a political attack, but which the government on Wednesday described as resulting from an undetermined personal dispute with a police officer.
PRETORIA, South Africa - Oscar Pistorius' lawyers at his murder trial Wednesday tried to roll back the prosecution's momentum, but the prosecutor sharply questioned the credentials and findings of a forensic expert for the defense.
CHRISTIANSBURG, Virginia - A plea hearing is scheduled Wednesday for a man accused of shooting and wounding two women at a community college inside a Christiansburg mall.
WEST HURLEY, New York - Authorities say they're investigating a shooting involving a police officer in a Hudson Valley town.
UNIVERSITY CITY, Missouri - A drug suspect is recovering after being shot by an undercover St. Louis County officer.
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois state trooper is facing a felony aggravated battery charge after authorities say he strip-searched a man along the side of a road during a traffic stop.
CARTHAGE, Missouri - Investigators allege a former southwest Missouri teacher's aide who is charged with one count of statutory rape had sexual contact with several students.
AIKEN, South Carolina - A Wagener man has been sentenced to 23 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to the shooting death of a Lexington woman last year.
SEQUIM, Washington - Police in Sequim (skwim) are investigating possible charges against people who staged a fake kidnapping in a park, terrifying parents and children who thought it was real.
KINGSBURY, New York - Authorities have charged a member of the New York Army National Guard with raping a woman, and investigators say others have come forward claiming they were attacked by the same man.
CLEVER, Missouri - A southwest Missouri woman is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the shooting death of her husband.
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court rejected an appeal from a Chauvin man serving life in Angola Prison after he was convicted of killing a 10-month-old boy in 2007.
MAHANOY CITY, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania woman has been charged in the stabbing death of her mother's boyfriend in December.
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - Olive Branch police have arrested three men in connection with the shooting death of 26-year-old NaCharles Taylor.
JOPLIN, Missouri - An Oklahoma man who shot a Joplin man to death during a robbery was sentenced to life in prison.
BERRYVILLE, Virginia - The sister of a Berryville councilwoman slain in 2009 has pleaded guilty to perjury and obstruction of justice.
HAMMOND, Louisiana - State police say a Tangipahoa Parish deputies shot and killed a man near Hammond in what started as a report of a domestic disturbance.
WINDHAM, Maine - A lawyer for the widow of a Windham man fatally shot by police last weekend says the man never pointed or waved a gun as police have said.
WARREN, Michigan - Police say two cousins of a 14-year-old suburban Detroit boy could face charges after a video posted online showed them beating him with belts to discipline him for stealing candy at school.
GREENFIELD, Indiana - A central Indiana woman is avoiding prison after pleading guilty to driving under the influence of cocaine when she caused a crash that killed her husband.
HALLSVILLE, Texas - Police in East Texas are investigating the shooting death of a man one week before he was to go on trial for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.