- Columbine shooter's mother says she thinks of victims daily Updated: Feb-13-16 12:28 am
DENVER - The mother of Columbine High School shooter Dylan Klebold says she didn't know anything was wrong with her son before the 1999 attack, and she prayed for his death when she heard he was involved and that the rampage might still be underway.
- Questions raised about what happened in Mexican prison brawl Updated: Feb-13-16 12:10 am
MONTERREY, Mexico - Prosecutors charged three state officers with homicide after a bloody prison brawl that ended with 49 dead, raising questions about what happened during the melee inside Mexico's Topo Chico lockup that saw inmates fight with hammers, cudgels and makeshift knives.
- Police: Shooting at Phoenix-area school was a murder-suicide Updated: Feb-12-16 11:14 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - A shooting at a suburban Phoenix high school that killed two 15-year-old girls and caused panic among parents was a murder-suicide, police said.
- Chief: Syracuse officer fatally shot woman carrying shotgun Updated: Feb-12-16 11:00 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police in Syracuse say an officer fatally shot an armed woman after she refused to put down a sawed-off shotgun.
- Man gets 20-24 years for homicide at Cheyenne motel Updated: Feb-12-16 10:44 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A man who pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in the death of a man during what prosecutors say was a botched robbery attempt at a Cheyenne motel has been sentenced to 20 to 24 years in prison.
- Police called to home of 'affluenza' teen's dad, no charges Updated: Feb-12-16 9:25 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Police said they were called to the residence of "affluenza teen" Ethan Couch's father on Friday to investigate claims that Fred Couch attacked his girlfriend, but she wouldn't cooperate and no charges were filed.
- Woman gets 8 years in prison for infant daughter's death Updated: Feb-12-16 9:20 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A Parachute woman who pleaded guilty to child abuse that caused the death of her month-old daughter has been sentenced to eight years in prison.
- 4 high school students charged with rape Updated: Feb-12-16 9:07 pm
DES MOINES, Washington - Four students at a high school south of Seattle have been charged in the alleged rape of two 15-year-olds during an overnight school field trip.
- Knoxville News Sentinel sues for documents in UT rape case Updated: Feb-12-16 8:50 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Knoxville News Sentinel is asking a judge to unseal evidence in the cases of two former University of Tennessee football players charged with aggravated rape.
- Tempe gets 2nd life prison sentence in a cold case homicide Updated: Feb-12-16 8:37 pm
PHOENIX - A Tempe man already serving life in prison for the 2010 shooting death of his ex-girlfriend has been sentenced to a consecutive life term for a cold case homicide.
- 70-year-old man charged with killing another 70-year-old man Updated: Feb-12-16 8:23 pm
WAREHAM, Massachusetts - Prosecutors say a 70-year-old Massachusetts man killed another 70 year old man after learning the victim had a romantic relationship with his late girlfriend.
- Woman's throat cut in Seattle assault; man arrested Updated: Feb-12-16 8:04 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police have arrested a 62-year-old man after a woman was found with her throat slashed in the South Lake Union neighborhood.
- Jury acquits former officer of most charges in confrontation Updated: Feb-12-16 7:58 pm
DETROIT - A suburban Detroit police sergeant accused of robbing three men suspected in the theft of his daughter's cellphone was cleared of all but one charge at the end of his second trial.
- Man gets over 17 years for Kearney credit union robbery Updated: Feb-12-16 7:55 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A judge has sentenced a Chicago man to over 17 years in prison for robbing a Kearney credit union.
- Warrant issued for Lincoln shooting suspect Updated: Feb-12-16 7:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A warrant has been issued for a Lincoln man in connection with a shooting that seriously injured two men.
- Egyptian doctors revolt against escalating police abuses Updated: Feb-12-16 7:33 pm
CAIRO - When a doctor at a Cairo hospital told a police officer that his cut didn't require stitches, the response was startling and brutal. Police beat up the doctor and a colleague and dragged them off into custody.
- The Latest: Faculty asks university's president to resign Updated: Feb-12-16 7:31 pm
The Latest on the turmoil at Mount St. Mary's University after an uproar over the president's plan to identify freshmen most likely to fail and offer them tuition refunds:
- Baylor regents set measures to curb sexual assault Updated: Feb-12-16 7:27 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor University regents announced on Friday that they have approved added measures to improve the school's response to sexual assault incidents, including hiring more counselors and additional training for faculty and staff.
- People gather to mourn slain Oregon police officer Updated: Feb-12-16 7:19 pm
SEASIDE, Oregon - People gathered with flags and flowers on Friday to remember an officer slain while on duty last week in Seaside, Oregon.
- Nurse acquitted of assault, sex offense against patient Updated: Feb-12-16 7:18 pm
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - A nurse accused of inappropriately touching a patient while he was treating her in a hospital emergency room has been found not guilty of assault and a sex offense.
- The Latest: Arizona school shooting was murder-suicide Updated: Feb-12-16 7:18 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Latest on a shooting at a high school in a Phoenix suburb (all times local):
- Protesters want officers who shot Jamar Clark to be charged Updated: Feb-12-16 7:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - About 40 protesters crammed into the office of Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman on Friday to press him to prosecute two police officers who fatally shot a black man last year.
- Mandan man accused of shouting slurs, threats pleads guilty Updated: Feb-12-16 7:08 pm
MANDAN, North Dakota - A Mandan man accused of shouting racist slurs and threatening to kill a woman has pleaded guilty.
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver Updated: Feb-12-16 6:40 pm
BOSTON - A dislodged manhole cover weighing more than 200 pounds went airborne and crashed through an SUV's windshield on a major highway, killing an art teacher as she drove to work during the Friday morning commute, authorities said.
- Court gunman's widow sentenced to life in prison Updated: Feb-12-16 6:35 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The ailing widow of a man who killed his former daughter-in-law at a Delaware courthouse was sentenced Friday to life in prison on federal cyberstalking charges.