- Metro Savannah police: Son killed mother, then took own life Updated: Jul-30-15 6:17 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in Savannah say they've determined that the deaths of a mother and her adult son were a murder-suicide.
- $500,000 bail set for man accused of Blaine shooting Updated: Jul-30-15 6:15 am
BLAINE, Washington - Bail has been set at $500,000 for a man accused of a drive-by shooting in Blaine.
- Police charge teen in killing of 1-year-old boy in New York Updated: Jul-30-15 5:49 am
MAYVILLE, New York - A 14-year-old girl has been arrested in the death of a 1-year-old boy in western New York.
- Gunman in I-90 police shootout accepts plea deal Updated: Jul-30-15 5:06 am
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - An Arizona man accused of shooting at northern Idaho police officers on Interstate 90 last year has accepted a pretrial settlement.
- $5,000 reward for info on Cheyenne coin shop shootings Updated: Jul-30-15 5:05 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Cheyenne Police Department is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for shooting and killing two men at a rare-coin shop.
- Day care worker sentenced to life in rape of 6-year-old girl Updated: Jul-30-15 5:01 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A northwest Ohio day care worker has been sentenced to life in prison in the rape of a 6-year-old girl.
- Man charged in studio shooting pleads not guilty to murder Updated: Jul-30-15 5:01 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine man who was arrested in connection with a fatal shooting at a recording studio has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge.
- Ohio woman pleads not guilty by insanity in infant's death Updated: Jul-30-15 4:58 am
ZANESVILLE, Ohio - A college student accused of killing her newborn baby in April has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
- Oakdale man found incompetent for trial in boy's death Updated: Jul-30-15 4:55 am
STILLWATER, Minnesota - A 36-year-old Oakdale man accused of killing a 9-year-old boy in a random shooting has been found incompetent to stand trial.
- Authorities name 1 of 2 men killed in Minneapolis shooting Updated: Jul-30-15 4:52 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities have released the name of one of two men who were fatally shot Saturday night in south Minneapolis.
- Papillion man found guilty of shooting 2 dogs with BB gun Updated: Jul-30-15 4:52 am
PAPILLION, Nebraska - A Papillion man has been found guilty of shooting his family's two dogs with a BB gun, killing one of them.
- Man gets 25 years in prison in slaying of woman in St. Louis Updated: Jul-30-15 4:47 am
ST. LOUIS - A man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for the fatal shooting of a woman walking with her grandchildren in St. Louis.
- Man gets prison time in sexual assault, strangulation case Updated: Jul-30-15 4:34 am
KINGSTON, New York - An upstate New York man is heading to prison for strangling and trying to rape a woman last year.
- Police say man followed woman into her home, raped her Updated: Jul-30-15 4:05 am
KEENE, New Hampshire - Police say a New Hampshire man followed a woman into her home in Keene and sexually assaulted her.
- Investigator: Transgender girl killed was beaten to death Updated: Jul-30-15 3:10 am
LUCEDALE, Mississippi - An investigator says a transgender teenager who was found buried on the suspect's father's property in George County earlier this year was beaten to death.
- Driver accused of killing Colorado cadet due in court Updated: Jul-30-15 3:08 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A man accused of killing a Colorado State Patrol cadet and injuring a trooper in May is due in court.
- NY doctor convicted of killing wife to be sentenced Updated: Jul-30-15 3:07 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A prominent central New York physician is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday for killing his estranged wife inside their suburban Syracuse mansion and attempting to cover up the crime.
- Man who killed wife, burned her body gets life sentence, Updated: Jul-30-15 3:05 am
TAMPA, Florida - A Hillsborough County man was sentenced to life in prison for killing his wife - and then sentenced to an additional 30 years for burning her body.
- Colorado theater shooter went from happy boy to mass killer Updated: Jul-30-15 2:59 am
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - He flashed a toothy grin in his second grade photograph, but by the ninth grade the smile was gone, replaced with an awkward smirk and a wild look in his eye.
- 3 UVa graduates sue Rolling Stone over retracted rape story Updated: Jul-30-15 2:46 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Three University of Virginia graduates and members of a fraternity profiled in a debunked account of a gang rape in a retracted Rolling Stone magazine story filed a lawsuit against the publication and the article's author Wednesday, court records show.
- Police: Passenger shoots driver of SUV in back of head Updated: Jul-30-15 2:37 am
CLAYTON, Missouri - A man is in critical condition after police say he was shot by a back-seat passenger in north St. Louis County.
- Cedar Park man charged in shooting of parent's 2 dogs Updated: Jul-30-15 2:34 am
CEDAR PARK, Texas - A Cedar Park man has been charged in the killing of two dogs owned by one of his parents.
- Woman's body found in garage near Seattle's Northgate Mall Updated: Jul-30-15 1:16 am
SEATTLE - Seattle Police say detectives are investigating an apparent homicide after a woman's body was found inside a car at a north Seattle parking garage.
- Man gets 10 years for fatally shooting 3-year-old nephew Updated: Jul-30-15 12:38 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A St. Ignatius man who pleaded guilty to shooting his 3-year-old nephew has been sentenced to 10 years in prison and 13 months in an alcohol treatment center.
- Southern California man to stand trial in police killing Updated: Jul-30-15 12:38 am
LOS ANGELES - A suspected motorcycle gang member charged with killing a Pomona policeman has been ordered to stand trial.