- Marine, girlfriend get life in prison for killing man's wife Updated: Apr-28-16 4:14 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Marine Corps veteran and his girlfriend have both been sentenced to life in prison for killing the veteran's wife three years ago.
- Mom convicted of creating public nuisance for Facebook post Updated: Apr-28-16 4:07 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A Roswell woman has been convicted of creating a public nuisance by posting an online comment about the possibility of a shooting at her son's middle school.
- Blunt donates amount equal to contribution from Hastert PAC Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The campaign committee for Republican U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt has given a Missouri children's group $11,000 - the same amount he had received from the political action committee of a disgraced former House speaker.
- Israelis, Palestinians differ on shooting after teens killed Updated: Apr-28-16 4:02 pm
QATANA, West Bank - Palestinian siblings gunned down at a West Bank checkpoint after approaching Israeli troops - with knives, according to Israel - were needlessly killed and could have been subdued without deadly force, their parents, witnesses and an Israeli lawmaker said Thursday.
- Teen pleads guilty to attempted murder in cafeteria shooting Updated: Apr-28-16 4:00 pm
HAMILTON, Ohio - A 15-year-old boy accused of shooting students in a school cafeteria pleaded guilty Thursday to four counts of attempted murder and one count of inducing panic.
- 4 charged with murder in death of Portland man last summer Updated: Apr-28-16 3:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Detectives investigating the death of a Portland man have arrested four people with ties to a motorcycle gang on murder charges and accused two others of hindering prosecution, police said Thursday.
- Man indicted in fatal shooting of ex-Saints player Updated: Apr-28-16 3:54 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A business owner and semiprofessional football player was indicted Thursday on a second-degree murder charge in the shooting death of retired New Orleans Saints' defensive end Will Smith.
- The Latest: 3 linked to San Bernardino shooter set for court Updated: Apr-28-16 3:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on warrants served in a marriage fraud investigation stemming from the December terror attack that killed 14 in San Bernardino (all times local):
- The Latest: Ohio teen pleads guilty in cafeteria shooting Updated: Apr-28-16 3:50 pm
HAMILTON, Ohio - The Latest on the 15-year-old student charged in Ohio school cafeteria shootings. (all times local):
- Northwest Ohio man pleads not guilty in toddler's death Updated: Apr-28-16 3:49 pm
FINDLAY, Ohio - A northwest Ohio man has pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges in the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.
- The Latest: $1.75M bail for man in shooting of ex-Saint Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the case of a man who is accused of fatally shooting retired New Orleans Saints player Will Smith during a traffic dispute (all times local):
- Official: Boy with BB gun faced police before being shot Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
BALTIMORE - A 13-year-old who was shot by Baltimore police had turned toward the officers with a replica gun still in his hand when one officer fired two rounds, striking the teen in the shoulder and leg, Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said Thursday.
- Phoenix police: Teen accused of shooting high school student Updated: Apr-28-16 3:42 pm
PHOENIX - A teenager has been arrested in connection with a shooting that critically wounded a high school student in Phoenix.
- Family of man killed in police shooting leery of grand jury Updated: Apr-28-16 3:41 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Relatives of a legally armed black musician who was fatally shot by a police officer while waiting for a tow truck said Thursday that after meeting with prosecutors they remain leery but are also more hopeful about the decision to present the case to a grand jury.
- Defense secretary investigating accuracy of sex crimes cases Updated: Apr-28-16 3:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Thursday he's investigating whether his department misled Congress in an effort to derail a contentious bill that would change the way the military handles allegations of sexual misconduct.
- UNM police criticize DA's handling of sexual assault cases Updated: Apr-28-16 3:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Police at the University of New Mexico told federal investigators that they feel the District Attorney's Office in Bernalillo County doesn't pursue charges in many instances of sexual assault on campus.
- Mental exam focus of hearing in Colorado clinic shooting Updated: Apr-28-16 3:19 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A forensic psychologist testified Thursday that she and a colleague who evaluated the man who acknowledges killing three people at a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic agreed that he is not competent to stand trial.
- The Latest: Mental exam focus of hearing in clinic shooting Updated: Apr-28-16 3:14 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The latest on a mental competency hearing for a man who acknowledges killing three people at a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic:
- Salt Lake teens arrested in alleged school shooting plot Updated: Apr-28-16 3:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City police say they've arrested two teenagers suspected of plotting a shooting at their high school, but there's no evidence they could have carried it out.
- Ohio massacre: 1 family, 8 dead, hundreds of tips, 0 answers Updated: Apr-28-16 3:07 pm
PIKETON, Ohio - From her house on Union Hill Road, Brittany Barker heard the first sirens first thing in the morning. She looked out and saw four police vehicles rush past. That was only the beginning.
- Man charged in killing of Madison woman Updated: Apr-28-16 3:03 pm
MADISON, South Dakota - A Madison man is facing a charge of second degree murder in the shooting death of a woman at Lake Madison.
- Police find man shot near University of Arizona Updated: Apr-28-16 3:03 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Police say a 23-year-old man was shot in the buttocks at the University of Arizona, prompting an exhaustive search after the victim left campus before help arrived.
- The Latest: Baltimore police identify officer who shot teen Updated: Apr-28-16 3:02 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the shooting by Baltimore police of a 13-year-old by carrying a fake gun (all times local):
- California brothers arrested in parents' shooting deaths Updated: Apr-28-16 3:01 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Two California brothers were in custody Thursday in the shooting deaths of their parents who emigrated from Bangladesh 30 years ago and often helped relatives make the same journey.
- Church member charged with fatal shooting at Sunday service Updated: Apr-28-16 2:58 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A member of a suburban Philadelphia church has been charged in the shooting death of another churchgoer in an altercation during Sunday services.