- Man hurt in Portland police shooting released from hospital Updated: May-24-15 5:37 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man shot and wounded by Portland police this month has been released from the hospital and is due in court Tuesday.
- 20-year-old man killed on street in New Jersey Updated: May-24-15 5:37 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - Authorities have identified a 20-year-old man who was killed in a shooting on the street in Elizabeth.
- After officer's acquittal, 2 more cases loom for Cleveland Updated: May-24-15 5:13 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland emerged unscathed and intact after a day of protests following the acquittal of a patrolman who had been on trial in the shooting deaths of two unarmed suspects killed in a 137-shot barrage of police gunfire.
- Man charged with 3rd-degree murder in death of girl Updated: May-24-15 4:43 pm
POTTSVILLE, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania man has been charged with third-degree murder in the death of a 13-month-old girl two days after Christmas.
- Shootings leave 2 injured in Hartford Updated: May-24-15 4:41 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police are investigating a pair of early-morning shootings that left two men injured in Hartford.
- Suspected California serial killer in prison most of life Updated: May-24-15 4:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Less than 24 hours after a jury convicted Rodney Halbower of raping a Nevada blackjack dealer, he was freed pending an appeal and then, authorities say, drove 200 miles to the San Francisco Bay Area and raped and stabbed to death a 19-year-old woman.
- DNA evidence leads to indictment of Toledo man in cold case Updated: May-24-15 4:36 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Authorities say a Toledo man has been indicted on rape charges following new DNA evidence from a rape kit.
- The Latest in Cleveland: Rice family lawyer pans case plan Updated: May-24-15 4:24 pm
- Los Angeles police shoot, injure man in Hollywood Updated: May-24-15 3:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Las Vegas man has been shot and injured by Los Angeles police officers in an early-morning confrontation in a Hollywood parking lot.
- Police: Fatal shooting at Asheville nightclub Updated: May-24-15 3:08 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities say someone has been shot to death inside a nightclub in Asheville.
- Maine police say man fired at car; bullet lodges in car door Updated: May-24-15 3:08 pm
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - Maine police say a South Portland man faces multiple charges after firing a gun at another vehicle in what they described as a "road rage" incident.
- Police: 5 hurt as gunfire erupts at bar Updated: May-24-15 2:52 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - Police in Brockton say five men were injured by gunfire that erupted as a bar let out for the night.
- New Orleans housing authority cop shot, killed in patrol car Updated: May-24-15 2:43 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A police officer for New Orleans' public housing agency was shot and killed Sunday while working overtime to patrol an agency construction site, city police said.
- Memphis police investigating fatal shooting Updated: May-24-15 2:31 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Police say a man was shot and killed while walking with his girlfriend in downtown Memphis.
- Tok man arrested, charged with shooting into sporting store Updated: May-24-15 2:14 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A Tok man has been jailed after troopers say he fired a gun into a sporting goods store while his wife was locked inside.
- Man critically wounded after being shot by police in Elkins Updated: May-24-15 2:04 pm
ELKINS, West Virginia - State police say officers shot a man in Elkins after he pointed a handgun at them.
- Man arrested in death of missing Victorville man Updated: May-24-15 1:53 pm
VICTORVILLE, California - San Bernardino County authorities have arrested a man on suspicion of murder in the death of a Victorville man who's been missing for more than three months.
- Supreme Court takes up rape recantation case Updated: May-24-15 1:27 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Missoula man convicted of raping a 13-year-old boy when they both were in a juvenile detention center is asking the Montana Supreme Court to grant him a new trial.
- Suspect in officer shooting in eastern Arizona dies Updated: May-24-15 1:01 pm
EAGAR, Arizona - Authorities say a man who allegedly shot a woman and then a police officer in eastern Arizona is dead.
- State Supreme Court to hear Vanderbilt rape records lawsuit Updated: May-24-15 12:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The state Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on Thursday over a lawsuit calling for the city of Nashville to force the release of records in a case involving former Vanderbilt football players charged with rape.
- Cyclist killed after being hit by vehicle Updated: May-24-15 12:37 pm
GEORGETOWN, Kentucky - A Lexington attorney was killed after being hit by a vehicle while participating in a cycling event in central Kentucky, authorities said.
- Maine college rugby player indicted on sex assault charge Updated: May-24-15 12:19 pm
FARMINGTON, Maine - A Maine grand jury has indicted a University of Maine at Farmington senior on a felony sex assault charge.
- Man acquitted of raping Las Cruces woman Updated: May-24-15 12:19 pm
EL PASO, Texas - A man has been acquitted on charges of raping a 22-year-old woman in Las Cruces.
- Same Myrtle Beach hotel sees 2 shootings in 12 hours Updated: May-24-15 12:07 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Authorities are investigating two separate shootings within 12 hours of each other at the same Myrtle Beach hotel.
- Miles City man charged after stabbing Updated: May-24-15 12:07 pm
MILES CITY, Montana - An 18-year-old Miles City man is charged with attempted deliberate homicide in the stabbing of another man at a Miles City residence.