- Last appeal bid rejected in HK 'Milkshake Murder' Updated: Apr-24-14 3:17 am
- Afghan guard shoots dead 3 foreigners in hospital Updated: Apr-24-14 3:04 am
- Cleared of murder, man starts fresh 24 years later Updated: Apr-24-14 2:16 am
- San Diego officer ordered to sex assault trial Updated: Apr-24-14 12:26 am
- Parish president indicted on sexual-battery charge Updated: Apr-23-14 11:31 pm
- Homeowner: 2 teens shot were 'vermin,' not human Updated: Apr-23-14 11:25 pm
- Hawaii may extend time to sue for child sex abuse Updated: Apr-23-14 11:17 pm
- Parish president indicted on sexual-battery charge Updated: Apr-23-14 11:13 pm
- Maricopa County deputies shoot, kill suspect Updated: Apr-23-14 10:44 pm
- 5 men charged in Brooklyn gang assault Updated: Apr-23-14 10:37 pm
- Convicted murderer arraigned in prison escape Updated: Apr-23-14 10:28 pm
- Police find evidence of medical building shooting Updated: Apr-23-14 10:26 pm
- Minnesota news in brief at 7:58 p.m. CDT Updated: Apr-23-14 10:02 pm
- Lawyers consider separate cases in Aspen slaying Updated: Apr-23-14 10:01 pm
- Former scuba instructor convicted of murder Updated: Apr-23-14 9:58 pm
- Jury handed case in Hawaii death penalty trial Updated: Apr-23-14 9:49 pm
- Boy, 5, shot in eye by paintball gun Updated: Apr-23-14 9:31 pm
- Rio official pledges transparent probe in slaying Updated: Apr-23-14 9:25 pm
- Witness: Iraqi teens posed no threat before death Updated: Apr-23-14 8:53 pm
- Man pleads guilty to shooting at officers' homes Updated: Apr-23-14 8:41 pm
- 2 school stabbing victims released from hospitals Updated: Apr-23-14 8:29 pm
- Man charged in Anne Arundel County carjacking Updated: Apr-23-14 8:04 pm
- Authorities investigate shooting death in SW Iowa Updated: Apr-23-14 8:04 pm
- Topeka man pleads guilty to 2013 homicide Updated: Apr-23-14 8:01 pm
- Man convicted in comic's murder asks for parole Updated: Apr-23-14 7:56 pm
HONG KONG - Hong Kong's top court has rejected a final bid for an appeal by an American convicted of drugging her wealthy banker husband and bashing him to death.
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan security guard opened fire on the medical staff at a Kabul hospital on Thursday morning and killed three foreigners, including at least one doctor, police said.
NEW YORK - The day Jonathan Fleming was cleared of the murder that put him behind bars for almost 25 years, he strode out of a courthouse to congratulations from passers-by, a steak dinner with his family and the start of a new life.
SAN DIEGO - A former San Diego police officer has been ordered to stand trial in one of several sexual assault cases that have rocked the department.
CHALMETTE, Louisiana - The president of St. Bernard Parish was indicted by a grand jury Wednesday on a charge of sexual battery against his wife.
LITTLE FALLS, Minnesota - A Minnesota man who killed two teenagers who broke into his home can be heard on an audio recording talking to himself for hours after the shooting and at one point, apparently describing the slain teens as "vermin."
HONOLULU - Victims of child sexual abuse in Hawaii would have more time to file lawsuits against abusers if lawmakers and the governor approve one of two bills pending in the Legislature.
CHALMETTE, Louisiana - A grand jury has indicted the president of St. Bernard Parish on a charge of sexual battery against his wife.
GOODYEAR, Arizona - A Maricopa County sheriff's spokesman says a man wanted for questioning in a fatal shooting was shot and killed by authorities in Goodyear.
NEW YORK - Five men associated with a neighborhood watch group in Brooklyn have been indicted on gang assault and other charges in the beating of a 23-year-old man.
IONIA, Michigan - A convicted murderer who broke out of a Michigan prison in February was arraigned on escape, carjacking and kidnapping charges Wednesday.
DALY CITY, California - Police officers have found evidence that a shooting did occur Wednesday afternoon at a San Francisco Bay Area medical building.
LITTLE FALLS, Minnesota - Jurors listened Wednesday as a man called two teenagers who broke into his central Minnesota home "vermin" on an audio recording shortly after fatally shooting them.
ASPEN, Colorado - Attorneys for three people facing murder charges in the death of an Aspen woman say they might ask the judge for two separate trials.
SPOKANE, Washington - A former scuba instructor has been convicted in Spokane of murdering a former girlfriend on New Year's Day in 2012.
HONOLULU - A federal jury is considering whether a former Hawaii-based soldier is responsible for the death of his 5-year-old daughter.
OAKLAND, California - A 5-year-old boy in the San Francisco Bay Area was injured after being shot in the eye with a paintball gun.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro's top security official on Wednesday promised a rigorous investigation into the death of a young man that sparked overnight clashes in a slum near a key Olympic venue and did not rule out that police may have been responsible.
JOINT BASE LEWIS-McCHORD, Washington - Two unarmed Iraqi brothers posed no threat as they herded cattle in a palm grove where a U.S. Army reconnaissance team was hidden one day seven years ago, a former soldier said Wednesday at a preliminary hearing.
SALISBURY, Maryland - A man serving time for shooting at a police officer's home in Delaware has pleaded guilty to similar crimes in Maryland.
MURRYSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Two students injured in a stabbing and slashing rampage at a western Pennsylvania high school have been released from the hospital.
HANOVER, Maryland - Anne Arundel County Police say a Washington man has been arrested in a carjacking in Hanover.
BEDFORD, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Public Safety says authorities are investigating the shooting death of a man in southwest Iowa.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas man already sentenced to more than 80 years in prison in Nebraska has admitted killing one person and wounding another in Topeka.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The man sentenced to 198 years in prison for the 1973 killing of country comic David "Stringbean" Akeman and his wife, Estelle, asked on Wednesday to be paroled.