- Jurors deliberate fate of Montana man who shot home invader Updated: Feb-11-16 10:22 am
HELENA, Montana - A jury is deliberating the fate of a Montana man who shot and killed a home intruder.
- Idaho school fined for chants singling out player's mother Updated: Feb-11-16 10:20 am
RUPERT, Idaho - Idaho officials have fined a high school over student chanting at a basketball game, saying the chants singled out an individual for harassment.
- Police: Upstate New York man, 70, killed wife of 51 years Updated: Feb-11-16 10:17 am
GLOVERSVILLE, New York - Authorities have charged a 70-year-old with killing his wife of 51 years inside their upstate New York apartment.
- Deputies: Snapchat posting of money leads to robbery Updated: Feb-11-16 9:54 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Authorities say a photo of money posted on the Snapchat social media app led to a home invasion and robbery in Boca Raton.
- Correction: Deputies-Shooting story Updated: Feb-11-16 9:53 am
ABINGDON, Maryland - In a story Feb. 10 about a gunman fatally shooting two sheriff's deputies and being killed in a shootout, The Associated Press, relying on information from authorities, erroneously reported the gunman's age. David Brian Evans was 68, not 67.
- Trial date set for Ohio cop who shot driver in traffic stop Updated: Feb-11-16 9:49 am
CINCINNATI - A judge in Ohio has scheduled the murder trial of a former University of Cincinnati police officer who fatally shot a motorist after a traffic stop.
- Fargo police say officer shot during standoff won't survive Updated: Feb-11-16 9:35 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A police officer shot during a standoff with a domestic violence suspect is not expected to survive and his family is with him saying goodbye, authorities in Fargo, North Dakota, said Thursday.
- Deputies: Snapchat posting leads to knife-point robbery Updated: Feb-11-16 9:32 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Authorities say a photo on the Snapchat social media app led to a home invasion and robbery in Boca Raton.
- North Carolina convicted sex offender gets 27 years in Texas Updated: Feb-11-16 9:24 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A convicted sex offender from North Carolina living in Texas must serve 27 years in prison after being nabbed in an online police sting offering sex with girls.
- Tutu asks why it took years to prosecute apartheid murder Updated: Feb-11-16 9:22 am
JOHANNESBURG - Nobel Peace Prize winner Desmond Tutu has questioned why it took so long for South African prosecutors to charge former members of the apartheid-era security forces for the 1983 death of an activist.
- Man charged with assault, threat in Pittsburgh SWAT standoff Updated: Feb-11-16 9:17 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police have identified a domestic violence suspect arrested after a SWAT standoff in the city's Mount Washington neighborhood.
- Hearing postponed for father of man who killed police K-9 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:14 am
PITTSBURGH - A preliminary hearing has been postponed for a Pennsylvania man accused of fighting with police before his son fatally stabbed a K-9 and was killed by officers.
- State TV: Teacher shoots dead 6 colleagues in Saudi Arabia Updated: Feb-11-16 9:12 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A teacher in southern Saudi Arabia opened fire on colleagues Thursday, killing at least six people and wounding two, state television reported.
- Texas could recommend ban on disputed bite mark evidence Updated: Feb-11-16 9:09 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Critics of bite mark evidence say Texas could be on the brink of taking a stance that would likely reverberate in courtrooms across the U.S.
- Deputies: Woman found dead, boyfriend shoots himself Updated: Feb-11-16 9:07 am
NEW BERN, North Carolina - Authorities are investigating after a woman's body was found in a truck parked in a cemetery near New Bern and the victim's boyfriend later shot and killed himself while being questioned.
- Latest: Police: Suspect in shooting of Fargo cop found dead Updated: Feb-11-16 9:00 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The latest on a standoff in Fargo, North Dakota, that has left a police officer with life-threatening injuries (all times local):
- South African police captain arrested in fatal beatings Updated: Feb-11-16 8:57 am
JOHANNESBURG - A police captain in South Africa faces murder charges for allegedly helping four farmers beat two suspected thieves to death in a case that ignited racial tension in a rural town.
- Police: Kentucky man tried to behead girlfriend Updated: Feb-11-16 8:48 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky man has been accused of attempting to decapitate his girlfriend with a sword.
- Police: Stolen vehicle crashes; 1 suspect caught, 2nd sought Updated: Feb-11-16 8:44 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police have apprehended one person but are looking for a second suspect in a carjacking and subsequent crash.
- Arraignment set for Oklahoma man in co-worker's beheading Updated: Feb-11-16 8:36 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A man charged with beheading a co-worker with a butcher knife at an Oklahoma food processing plant is scheduled to formally enter a plea to first-degree murder.
- Former Auschwitz guard, 94, goes on trial in Germany Updated: Feb-11-16 8:31 am
DETMOLD, Germany - A 94-year-old former SS sergeant went on trial Thursday in western Germany on 170,000 counts of accessory to murder, based on accusations that he served as a guard in the Auschwitz death camp as hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews and others were gassed to death there.
- Officials investigate infant's death in unsupervised DC home Updated: Feb-11-16 8:23 am
WASHINGTON - Police are investigating the death of an infant boy in a Washington residence where authorities say there were other children but no adult supervision.
- Green River man indicted in 2-year-old boy's 2009 death Updated: Feb-11-16 8:06 am
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - A grand jury has indicted a Green River man on a first-degree murder charge in the 2009 death of a 2-year-old boy in his care.
- 2 brothers ordered to stand trial in Kansas rapper's death Updated: Feb-11-16 8:05 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Two Kansas City brothers have been ordered to stand trial in the death of an aspiring rapper from suburban Olathe.
- Bridgeport teacher charged with assault on student Updated: Feb-11-16 7:59 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A music teacher at a Bridgeport elementary school has been charged with assaulting a special education student.