- Belfair woman accused of shooting boyfriend due in court Updated: Aug-02-15 10:23 am
SHELTON, Washington - A Belfair woman charged with killing her longtime boyfriend is to be arraigned in Mason County Superior Court on Monday.
- 25-year-old man is Hartford's 20th homicide victim of 2015 Updated: Aug-02-15 10:17 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 25-year-old man has died after a Saturday night shooting in Hartford.
- 2 struck, injured by shooter at Latino festival in Cleveland Updated: Aug-02-15 9:56 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland police say someone fired shots into a large crowd attending the city's Latino Festival, injuring at least two people.
- Manhunt in Memphis continues after officer, 33, fatally shot Updated: Aug-02-15 9:30 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A manhunt continued Sunday following the fatal shooting of a Memphis police officer who was killed the previous night during a traffic stop, Tennessee police officials said.
- Lancaster family ripped apart by greed, murder 30 years ago Updated: Aug-02-15 9:30 am
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Here's what has stuck with them for 30 years, since the day that Steven Benson blew up his family in a Chevy Suburban in the driveway of their Florida home, in a greedy attempt to inherit a $10 million Lancaster tobacco company fortune:
- Police: Gunfire at Brooklyn backyard party injures 9 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:08 am
NEW YORK - Police say gunfire broke out at a backyard party in Brooklyn overnight, injuring nine people.
- Zimbabwe confirms lion named Jericho has not been shot Updated: Aug-02-15 5:55 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Wildlife authorities in Zimbabwe on Sunday dismissed a report of the shooting death of a male lion who was a companion of Cecil, a well-known lion killed by an American hunter in early July.
- Boy, 14, held in stabbing of 8-year-old in Santa Paula Updated: Aug-02-15 12:22 am
SANTA PAULA, California - A 14-year-old boy is in custody for allegedly stabbing an 8-year-old at a California park.
- AG candidates take hard-hitting campaign to Fancy Farm Updated: Aug-01-15 11:18 pm
FANCY FARM, Kentucky - Democrat Andy Beshear and Republican Whitney Westerfield traded pot shots Saturday at Kentucky's premier political showdown, where prosecutorial experience and claims of skipping work for pedicures spiced up their hard-hitting campaign for attorney general.
- City settles lawsuit over man's death in police clash Updated: Aug-01-15 10:26 pm
CINCINNATI - A Cincinnati spokesman says the city and four police officers have reached a settlement in a federal lawsuit over the 2011 fatal shooting of a man.
- Baltimore prosecutor won't cooperate with homicide panel Updated: Aug-01-15 9:38 pm
BALTIMORE - A commission established to review homicides in Baltimore has stalled because its leaders say the city's top prosecutor isn't sharing information that's needed for the program to work.
- Glendale officer hurt while chasing man in stolen Porsche Updated: Aug-01-15 8:41 pm
MILWAUKEE - A Glendale police officer is recovering after being injured while chasing a man suspected of stealing a Porsche from an auto dealership.
- Burlington police still looking for killer in 1969 slaying Updated: Aug-01-15 7:53 pm
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Police in a southeastern Iowa city have not given up on solving the rape and killing of a real estate agent whose bound body was found nearly 46 years ago in a vacant house she was showing.
- Records: Uber driver charged with assault has prior record Updated: Aug-01-15 7:45 pm
DALLAS - An Uber driver in Dallas who served time in federal prison on a weapons conviction has been charged with sexual assault.
- Columbus man sentenced to prison for killing grandmother Updated: Aug-01-15 7:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A 20-year-old Columbus man who pleaded no contest to manslaughter for stabbing his grandmother to death last year has been sentenced to up to 20 years in prison.
- Judge rules Oregon death row inmate's lawyers did bad job Updated: Aug-01-15 7:13 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon death row inmate, twice convicted of murder, could get another chance to convince a jury he does not deserve the death penalty.
- Police: Man shot at car full of people, seriously injuring 1 Updated: Aug-01-15 7:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police have arrested a man they believe shot into a car full of people, including two toddlers.
- Baltimore prosecutor won't cooperate with homicide panel Updated: Aug-01-15 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - A commision established to review homicides in Baltimore has stalled because its leaders say the city's top prosecutor isn't sharing information that's needed for the program to work.
- Greer man stabs, shoots girlfriend, then kills himself Updated: Aug-01-15 6:55 pm
GREER, South Carolina - Spartanburg County authorities say a 30-year-old man killed his girlfriend by stabbing and shooting her, then committed suicide.
- Coroner: Man killed wife, then himself in Pennsylvania home Updated: Aug-01-15 6:22 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - Authorities in central Pennsylvania's York County say a man shot and killed his wife before turning the weapon on himself in the county's fourth murder-suicide this year.
- Albuquerque police ID kidnap suspect shot dead by officers Updated: Aug-01-15 6:01 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A kidnapping suspect, the first shooting fatality involving Albuquerque police since a federal agreement on department reforms was approved, was identified by authorities Saturday.
- Wyoming community reacts to resident's homicide charges Updated: Aug-01-15 5:26 pm
WORLAND, Wyoming - Relatives and neighbors say an 18-year-old Wyoming man accused of shooting a family that stopped to help him on a Montana roadside had been in and out of trouble, but they're surprise at the charges leveled against him.
- Police: 2 men charged in Fort Washington slaying Updated: Aug-01-15 5:22 pm
FORT WASHINGTON, Maryland - Police say they've arrested two men after a fatal shooting in Fort Washington.
- Zimbabwean authorities restrict hunting after lion killing Updated: Aug-01-15 4:49 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe has suspended the hunting of lions, leopards and elephants in an area where a lion popular with tourists was killed, and is investigating the killing of another lion in April that may have been illegal, the country's wildlife authority said Saturday.
- 27-year-old Elkhart man fatally shot in downtown South Bend Updated: Aug-01-15 4:35 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 27-year-old man in downtown South Bend that left another man injured.