- Albuquerque police: Suspect in shooting fatally shoots self Updated: Nov-25-15 1:27 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say the suspect in a shooting in northeast Albuquerque fatally shot himself after fleeing into mountains near Albuquerque.
- Documents: Man accused of killing father admitted rampage Updated: Nov-25-15 1:24 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Court documents show a Springfield man accused of killing his father with a baseball bat earlier this month admitted his crimes to police with little remorse.
- Judge denies motion to move trial in child death Updated: Nov-25-15 1:18 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A Flathead County judge has denied a motion to move the trial in the case of a man charged with killing his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.
- At funeral for slain Minneapolis man, vow to keep protesting Updated: Nov-25-15 1:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A steady stream of mourners entered a north Minneapolis church on Wednesday to pay their respects to a man whose death in a confrontation with police sparked more than a week of protests. Meanwhile, charges were pending against three men suspected in a melee that left five protesters with gunshot wounds.
- Trooper leaves hospital, teen charged in Philadelphia chase Updated: Nov-25-15 1:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A 17-year-old charged with shooting a trooper during a chaotic car chase that ended in a fiery crash on a downtown Philadelphia highway had been driving the car when it was stopped for an expired tag, state police said.
- The Latest: 5 men arrested during Chicago shooting protests Updated: Nov-25-15 1:09 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Mali president to bestow medals on hotel assault victims Updated: Nov-25-15 1:08 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Mali's president announced on Wednesday that he would bestow medals on the 19 people killed during an assault at a luxury hotel in the capital last week, as funerals were held for three of its employees.
- Deputy indicted on assault charges in videotaped kicking Updated: Nov-25-15 12:59 pm
BRIGHTON, Colorado - An Adams County sheriff's deputy seen on video kicking a man who was being arrested outside a bar has been indicted on assault charges.
- Prosecutors fight venue change in Dubuque stabbing trial Updated: Nov-25-15 12:50 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Prosecutors are fighting a request by a man to move his upcoming murder trial out of Dubuque County.
- News Guide: Protests of Chicago teen's shooting to continue Updated: Nov-25-15 12:44 pm
CHICAGO - Protest groups were set to return to the streets of Chicago on Wednesday, one day after the city released a squad-car video showing a white police officer fatally shoot a black teenager.
- Lawyer says police shooting suspect mistreated in prison Updated: Nov-25-15 12:39 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The attorney for a man accused of killing an Albuquerque police officer says his client is being mistreated in prison.
- Detectives: Boy who shot self at school wasn't bullied Updated: Nov-25-15 12:32 pm
LECANTO, Florida - Detectives have finally been able to speak to a boy who shot himself in front of teachers and classmates at Lecanto High School.
- Man gets 50 years in prison in 1979 slaying of Gary woman Updated: Nov-25-15 12:29 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A man convicted in the 1979 slaying of a Gary woman has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Police: Teen charged in stabbing at Baltimore high school Updated: Nov-25-15 12:23 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say a 17-year-old Baltimore high school student has been charged as an adult with attempted murder in a classroom stabbing that left a schoolmate critically wounded.
- DNA test on discarded cigarette leads to arrest in killings Updated: Nov-25-15 12:23 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - North Texas police say DNA testing on a discarded marijuana cigarette led to the arrest of a man investigators say killed a married couple in their home in 2012.
- Man pleads not guilty in Waukee killing Updated: Nov-25-15 12:19 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A man accused of killing another man in Waukee has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.
- Suspect sought in shooting deaths of 2 men in Texarkana Updated: Nov-25-15 12:13 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Police in Texarkana, Arkansas, have identified a suspect in the shooting deaths of two men at an apartment complex.
- Man sentenced to 30 years for killing his mother Updated: Nov-25-15 12:13 pm
SANFORD, Florida - A 21-year-old central Florida man will spend 30 years in prison after taking a plea deal following the death of his mother.
- Authorities say man shot in the head in central Iowa Updated: Nov-25-15 11:59 am
LAUREL, Iowa - Authorities say they're investigating the circumstances of a man shot in the head in central Iowa.
- US court denies appeal of man who killed Virginia family Updated: Nov-25-15 11:55 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A man who was sentenced to death in the New Year's Eve 2006 slaying of a Richmond couple and their two young daughters lost his appeal before a federal appeals court Wednesday.
- 2 officers on leave during Reno shooting investigation Updated: Nov-25-15 11:22 am
RENO, Nevada - Authorities are investigating after an officer shot and killed a suspect during a disturbance in a south Reno neighborhood.
- Man accused of sex crimes against girls pleads not guilty Updated: Nov-25-15 11:13 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Natrona County man who is accused of sexually assaulting four different underage girls has pleaded not guilty.
- The Latest: Calls for peace, mourning for man shot by police Updated: Nov-25-15 11:05 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- No charges after assault allegation tied to Huskers' home Updated: Nov-25-15 11:03 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Prosecutors announced Wednesday that they decided not to charge anyone following an alleged rape at the home of Nebraska quarterback Tommy Armstrong and receiver Jordan Westerkamp earlier this month.
- Police probe killing after man found dead inside home Updated: Nov-25-15 11:02 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Police are investigating the killing of a man whose body was found inside a home in the Lawrenceville area outside Atlanta.