- Man charged in woman's death in suburban Philadelphia motel Updated: May-23-15 12:31 pm
DOYLESTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities allege that a man charged in the murder of his girlfriend in a suburban Philadelphia motel room tried to stage the crime scene to make the death appear a suicide.
- Man sentenced for stabbing of bar doorman over bad drink Updated: May-23-15 12:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to more than 28 years in prison for a 2013 assault that prosecutors say stemmed from his anger over a botched drink.
- Deputy cleared in shooting death of man with gun in pocket Updated: May-23-15 12:26 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A sheriff's deputy has been cleared in the death of a man who pulled a gun from his pocket at a towing company.
- Defense wants to move IU student's beating death case Updated: May-23-15 12:24 pm
NASHVILLE, Indiana - The defense attorney for a man charged with fatally beating an Indiana University student wants to have the trial moved to a different county.
- The Latest on Cleveland verdict: Prosecutor was 'ruthless' Updated: May-23-15 12:22 pm
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in 2 deaths amid 137-shot barrage Updated: May-23-15 12:18 pm
CLEVELAND - A Cleveland patrolman who fired down through the windshield of a suspect's car at the end of a 137-shot barrage that left the two unarmed black occupants dead was acquitted Saturday of criminal charges by a judge who said he could not determine the officer alone fired the fatal shots.
- Fierce gun battle kills 43 in west Mexico cartel territory Updated: May-23-15 12:04 pm
ECUANDUREO, Mexico - The latest in a series of clashes between Mexican authorities and a powerful, fast-growing drug cartel turned into the deadliest confrontation in recent memory, with 42 suspected gang gunmen and one Federal Police officer killed during a three-hour firefight at a remote western ranch.
- 22-year-old man sentenced to life for 2013 fatal shooting Updated: May-23-15 12:04 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - A 22-year-old North Carolina man has been sentenced to life in prison for shooting into a car and killing a 26-year-old woman in Greenville.
- State to pay $1.75 million to boy raped by foster father Updated: May-23-15 12:00 pm
SEATTLE - The state health department will pay $1.75 million to a boy who was raped by his foster father.
- Las Cruces man's convictions in daughter's death reversed Updated: May-23-15 11:58 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A New Mexico appeals court has overturned the convictions of a Las Cruces man sentenced in the death of his baby daughter.
- 3 dead, 5 injured in overnight shootings in Baltimore Updated: May-23-15 11:37 am
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police say three people are dead and five people injured after shootings overnight.
- Man dead, officer injured in Detroit standoff Updated: May-23-15 11:31 am
DETROIT - Detroit police say a man has been fatally shot after jumping off his porch and shooting at officers.
- Marker commemorating Greensboro Massacre to be dedicated Updated: May-23-15 11:29 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Clearly, the deaths of five communists in November 1979 in a housing project in Greensboro were a tragedy. But beyond that, what word best describes those deaths?
- Freed from death row: 'I refuse to give them my joy' Updated: May-23-15 11:14 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In his first day free, after nearly 30 years on Alabama's death row, Ray Hinton said he kept asking a question to his childhood friend.
- Egypt court acquits 17 in protest that saw mother shot dead Updated: May-23-15 11:08 am
CAIRO - An Egyptian court acquitted 17 people on Saturday over taking part in an unsanctioned demonstration earlier this year in which a young mother was shot to death in downtown Cairo.
- Judge orders release for man sentenced to life as a teen Updated: May-23-15 11:01 am
MIAMI - A South Florida man sentenced to life in prison as a juvenile in the slaying of an ice cream vendor's wife has been freed after serving 44 years in prison.
- Police in Sioux Falls investigating early morning stabbing Updated: May-23-15 10:59 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police are investigating a stabbing they say happened in the eastern part of the city early Saturday.
- Man pleads not guilty in fatal shooting in Brookhaven Updated: May-23-15 10:23 am
BROOKHAVEN, Mississippi - A Brookhaven man has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in a fatal Christmas Eve shooting.
- Boston police say man fatally shot in Roxbury Updated: May-23-15 10:19 am
BOSTON - Police say a man has been shot to death in the Roxbury neighborhood.
- Trial ordered for 2 in gas station assault on homeless man Updated: May-23-15 10:17 am
PHILADELPHIA - Two women have been ordered to stand trial in an attack at a north Philadelphia gas station that critically injured a homeless man.
- Dallas girl, 15, gets 40-year prison term for infant's death Updated: May-23-15 9:52 am
DALLAS - A 15-year-old Dallas girl has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for the slaying of a 2-month-old baby drowned in a shallow bowl of water.
- Defendant gets married after homicide trial ordered Updated: May-23-15 9:44 am
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man got married about an hour after he was ordered to stand trial in the death of a man whose body was found in a river in another state two months ago.
- Wales man pleads guilty to manslaughter, sexual assault Updated: May-23-15 8:29 am
AUBURN, Maine - A Wales man has been sentenced to nearly 10 years in prison for the shooting death of a hunter and sexual assault of a girl.
- Glendale man found dead in home from gunshot wound Updated: May-23-15 6:26 am
PHOENIX - Police are searching for a suspect in a murder of a 43-year-old Glendale man found dead in his home.
- Trial set for couple accused in child's death Updated: May-23-15 5:04 am
PHOENIX - A Nov. 17 trial has been set for a Phoenix couple accused in the 2011 death of a 10-year-old relative who was padlocked in a small plastic trunk for hours.