- Police arrest suspect in shooting of teen at Henry Co. party Updated: May-03-16 7:00 am
STOCKBRIDGE, Georgia - Police have arrested a person in connection with a shooting at a Henry County party that injured a 16-year-old girl.
- Buffalo man convicted in 2014 murder faces up to life term Updated: May-03-16 6:54 am
BUFFALO, New York - A Buffalo man is facing up to a life sentence after a jury convicted him of second-degree murder in a December 2014 shooting death.
- German authorities say couple killed 2 women Updated: May-03-16 6:52 am
BERLIN - German authorities say a couple in custody for allegedly holding a woman captive for nearly two months and abusing her so badly that she died are believed also to have killed a second woman.
- Bangladesh war crimes court sentences 4 to death Updated: May-03-16 6:51 am
NEW DELHI - A special war crimes court in Bangladesh sentenced four men to death Tuesday for killing, torture, arson and looting during the nation's independence war against Pakistan in 1971.
- Man pleads guilty to strangling central NY woman last year Updated: May-03-16 6:48 am
WAMPSVILLE, New York - A 33-year-old man has pleaded guilty to strangling a woman with a computer cord while trying to rape her in her central New York home last summer.
- 2 detained after Dalit law student raped, murdered in India Updated: May-03-16 6:48 am
NEW DELHI - Police have detained two suspects for questioning in the rape and murder of a law student whose body was found mutilated in the southern Indian state of Kerala.
- Former officer gets suspended sentence in Iowa teen sex case Updated: May-03-16 6:36 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A former Dubuque police officer who had sex with a 14-year-old he met online has been given a suspended prison sentence of 10 years.
- Indian teenager dies while shooting selfie with loaded gun Updated: May-03-16 6:33 am
NEW DELHI - A teenager has died after accidentally shooting himself while posing for a selfie with a loaded handgun held to his head, police said Tuesday.
- Man sentenced for fatally shooting robbery victim in Buffalo Updated: May-03-16 6:11 am
BUFFALO, New York - A 21-year-old Buffalo man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for fatally shooting a 54-year-old man during a robbery last summer.
- Funeral will honor 6 of 8 victims in Ohio family shootings Updated: May-03-16 5:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - There will be "ample security" at the funeral for six of the eight people shot and killed in rural southern Ohio in what authorities call a planned attack targeting one family, Ohio's attorney general said.
- High school teacher charged with institutional sex assault Updated: May-03-16 5:53 am
FORT WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia high school English teacher faces sexual assault charges for allegedly having a month-long sexual relationship with an 18-year-old student.
- Teen who killed bicyclist in Anchorage begins prison term Updated: May-03-16 5:49 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A teen who killed a bicyclist while driving drunk in Anchorage has started her four-month prison sentence.
- Man pleads guilty in fatal shooting outside strip club Updated: May-03-16 5:48 am
DENVER - A man charged with fatally shooting a man outside a strip club in Denver last year has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
- Deputy shoots man who was waving gun in South Carolina Updated: May-03-16 4:22 am
TAYLORS, South Carolina - The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is investigating after a deputy shot a man authorities say was waving a gun in Greenville County.
- Brothers plead not guilty in death of homeless man Updated: May-03-16 4:19 am
EL CAJON, California - Two brothers accused of fatally beating a homeless man in a San Diego County riverbed have pleaded not guilty to murder and torture charges.
- India says its top court must rule on Italian marine's bail Updated: May-03-16 4:19 am
NEW DELHI - India said its Supreme Court must approve the bail conditions for an Italian marine to return to his country during the arbitration process involving the fatally shootings of two Indian fishermen in 2012.
- Police: robbers eat, shoot dog and put victim in dog cage Updated: May-03-16 4:19 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Police have arrested a man suspected of forcing his way into a north Florida apartment, shooting a dog and putting a victim in the dog's cage.
- Teen gets 30 years for killing over mom's stolen rifle Updated: May-03-16 4:13 am
MIAMI - A Miami teen has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for the slaying of a man he believed had stolen his mother's rifle.
- Fingernails spotted in trash led to arrest of alleged killer Updated: May-03-16 3:13 am
LOS ANGELES - A serial killer preying on vulnerable young black women on the rough streets of south Los Angeles eluded police for two decades until someone rifling through a dumpster in 2007 noticed red fingernails poking out of a garbage bag.
- Canby man convicted in 2014 killing gets life in prison Updated: May-03-16 3:11 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Canby man convicted of aggravated murder for shooting and killing a marijuana dealer in 2014 has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Man accused of killing 2 in Faith pleads not guilty Updated: May-03-16 2:10 am
STURGIS, South Dakota - A man accused of fatally shooting an ex-girlfriend and a friend in the small town of Faith has pleaded not guilty.
- Arkansas City woman sentenced in 16-month-old child's death Updated: May-03-16 1:41 am
ARKANSAS CITY, Kansas - An Arkansas City woman found guilty in the death of her 16-month-old daughter has been sentenced to 18 months of probation.
- Man who shot at officers to face attempted homicide charges Updated: May-03-16 1:10 am
GILLETTE, Wyoming - A man who authorities say shot at two law enforcement officers who had responded to a report of a possible suicidal person near Gillette could face attempted homicide charges.
- Baby killed in crash on Maine Turnpike in Wells Updated: May-03-16 1:05 am
WELLS, Maine - A baby has been killed in a crash on the Maine Turnpike in Wells.
- Jury: School failed to protect girl who says she was raped Updated: May-03-16 1:01 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii's public school system failed to protect a special education student who says she was raped by a classmate, a jury determined Monday.