- San Francisco: No 'legal basis' to hold shooting suspect Updated: Jul-03-15 5:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A lawyer for San Francisco's sheriff's office says it had no authority to honor an immigration detainer on a suspect in the shooting death of a woman at a popular tourist destination.
- 1 suspect shot and seriously injured in attempted burglary Updated: Jul-03-15 5:32 pm
MILWAUKEE - Police say one man was shot and seriously injured during an attempted burglary at the Bouchard's shoe store on Milwaukee's north side.
- 2 badly burned bodies found in a car in a remote ravine Updated: Jul-03-15 5:29 pm
PASCO, Washington - The Franklin County Sheriff's office is investigating the deaths of two people found badly burned in a car as a double homicide.
- Police identify motel intruder shot by ex-CNN reporter Updated: Jul-03-15 5:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The man fatally shot by a former CNN reporter at an Albuquerque motel had fled parole in Tennessee, police said.
- El Salvador's 677 murders in June most since civil war Updated: Jul-03-15 4:41 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - The month of June saw 677 murders in El Salvador, more than in any other single month since the end of the country's civil war.
- Judge approves subpoena of phone records in Hernandez case Updated: Jul-03-15 4:29 pm
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - Lawyers for former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez can take steps to identify an anonymous tipster who claimed that one of the jurors who convicted him of murder may have lied during jury selection, a judge ruled Friday.
- 13-year-old charged with raping girl on school bus Updated: Jul-03-15 4:22 pm
PORT TOWNSEND, Washington - Officials say a 13-year-old boy attacked a 7-year-old girl on a Chimacum school bus and has been charged with three counts of first-degree rape.
- 2nd suspect arrested in murder of St. Augustine student Updated: Jul-03-15 4:02 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A second suspect has been arrested in connection with the death of an 18-year-old St. Augustine High School student.
- Stabbing victim brings week's death toll to 4 in Newark Updated: Jul-03-15 3:41 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - It's been a deadly week in New Jersey's largest city.
- Police: 12-year-old boy shot to death in El Dorado Updated: Jul-03-15 3:38 pm
EL DORADO, Arkansas - Police in El Dorado say a 12-year-old boy has died after being shot on the city's east side.
- Body found on downtown Birmingham sidewalk Updated: Jul-03-15 3:14 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a man found dead on a downtown Birmingham sidewalk appears to have died of a brain aneurysm.
- Jurors convict man of assaulting Cedar Falls officer Updated: Jul-03-15 2:59 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Jurors convicted a Parkersburg man of assaulting a Cedar Falls police officer, but they didn't find him guilty of a more serious charge.
- First man sentenced from 2014 sex sting Updated: Jul-03-15 2:41 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 37-year-old man has been sentenced to five years in prison for sexual abuse of children.
- Baltimore police: Boy, 15, fatally stabbed Updated: Jul-03-15 2:35 pm
BALTIMORE - Police in Baltimore say a 15-year-old boy has been fatally stabbed.
- Man faces weapons charge after shooting during game of pool Updated: Jul-03-15 1:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Richland County deputies say a man who shot a 49-year-old man during a game of pool faces a weapons charge as investigators try to determine whether the shooting was in self-defense,
- Autopsy: man died of blunt force trauma to head, face Updated: Jul-03-15 1:23 pm
COOS BAY, Oregon - Authorities say the man whose body was found last weekend in tidal mudflats near a wastewater treatment plant in Coos County died of blunt force trauma to the head and face.
- Change of venue sought for officer charged in shooting death Updated: Jul-03-15 12:54 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Lawyers for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer accused in the shooting death of an unarmed black man say their client can't get a fair trial in the county.
- Police searching for sex offender missing from Hainesville Updated: Jul-03-15 12:38 pm
HAINESVILLE, Illinois - Authorities are searching for a convicted sex offender who cut off his electronic home monitoring bracelet and ran off on foot.
- The Latest: Police seek owner of backpack carried by escapee Updated: Jul-03-15 12:38 pm
The latest on the capture of one convicted murderer from a maximum-security prison and the killing of the other (all times local):
- Man charged with killing fiancee 7 months after her death Updated: Jul-03-15 12:36 pm
JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina - Onslow County deputies say they have charged a man with murder nearly seven months after his 58-year-old fiancee was found dead in their Jacksonville home.
- Man found shot to death in his Onslow County home Updated: Jul-03-15 12:23 pm
HUBERT, North Carolina - Onslow County deputies say a man shot to death in his home near Hubert appears to have been targeted by his killer.
- Camden police identify suspect in shooting of officer Updated: Jul-03-15 12:20 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Camden County Police say they have identified a suspect in the shooting of a police officer earlier this week.
- Wichita police say they've made arrest in woman's death Updated: Jul-03-15 12:08 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Police in Wichita, Kansas, say they've made an arrest in the killing of a woman found dead in a house.
- Man accused of killing 12-year-old Quincy boy gets lawyers Updated: Jul-03-15 12:04 pm
QUINCY, Illinois - An Arizona man accused in the fatal shooting of a 12-year-old Quincy boy has a new legal team after a three-week search to replace his court-appointed public defenders.
- Police: Texas couple wanted daughter's boyfriend killed Updated: Jul-03-15 12:04 pm
WICHITA FALLS, Texas - Police have arrested a Wichita Falls couple on charges they tried to hire someone to kill their daughter's boyfriend in a dispute over money.