- Australian minister resigns for breaching code of conduct Updated: Feb-12-16 12:11 am
CANBERRA, Australia - An embattled Australian government minister resigned on Friday for breaching ministerial standards through a business trip to China, clearing the way for the prime minister to announce a final Cabinet reshuffle ahead of elections due this year.
- Japanese lawmaker pushing women's rights resigns over affair Updated: Feb-11-16 11:19 pm
TOKYO - A married Japanese ruling party lawmaker resigned Friday for allegedly having an affair while publicly announcing he would seek to take paternity leave to promote women's rights.
- Fallin's general counsel resigns amid execution inquiry Updated: Feb-11-16 9:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The general counsel for Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin resigned Thursday amid a grand jury investigation into how the wrong drug was delivered for the state's last two scheduled executions.
- Key player in prisoners early release resigns state post Updated: Feb-11-16 7:45 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State officials say the assistant attorney general who advised corrections officials they didn't need to recalculate prisoners' sentences after discovering a sentencing software error resigned on Thursday.
- 2 parole officials quit after Utah governor announces review Updated: Feb-11-16 6:55 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two top parole officials in Utah resigned Thursday after the governor announced he's reviewing the system amid revelations that three parolees have walked away from a Salt Lake City halfway house and clashed violently with police, with one confrontation ending in an officer's death.
- Former Boston Mayor Ray Flynn crashes car, not hurt Updated: Feb-11-16 6:53 pm
BOSTON - Authorities say former Boston Mayor Ray Flynn crashed his car into a building on the street where he lives, but was unharmed.
- The Latest: Utah authorities clamp down on halfway houses Updated: Feb-11-16 6:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on the investigation into three different parolees who have walked away from a state-run Salt Lake City halfway house and violently clashed with police (all times local):
- State senator to resign as part of plea in ex-wife's assault Updated: Feb-11-16 4:33 pm
DETROIT - Virgil Smith will step down from his state Senate seat as part of a plea deal that also dismisses some charges connected to a shooting incident involving his ex-wife.
- New center-right government in Latvia after resignation Updated: Feb-11-16 7:58 am
TALLINN, Estonia - Latvian lawmakers have approved the formation of a new center-right government following the resignation of the prime minister in December after disagreements over policy in the previous Cabinet.
- AP news guide: A look at the turmoil in Ferguson Updated: Feb-11-16 2:43 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - The U.S. Department of Justice is suing the city of Ferguson after the City Council failed to approve an agreement that sought to address concerns about police and municipal court practices in the St. Louis suburb.
- Shepherdsville mayor resigns, new mayor elected at meeting Updated: Feb-10-16 11:12 am
SHEPHERDSVILLE, Kentucky - The mayor of Shepherdsville resigned and a new mayor was elected at the same meeting.
- Indiana's Pence changes running mate before election Updated: Feb-09-16 7:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Lt. Gov. Sue Ellspermann said Tuesday she is stepping aside as Gov. Mike Pence's running mate in an unusual move that allows a former state Republican Party chairman to join the ticket with the governor for a tough re-election campaign.
- Mayor of Super Bowl host city says he's retiring this week Updated: Feb-08-16 8:32 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Mayor of Santa Clara says he is retiring as of Tuesday, just two days after his city hosted Super Bowl 50.
- GOP state Sen. Brower to resign Reno-area seat this month Updated: Feb-08-16 6:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Republican state Sen. Greg Brower is formally resigning his northern Nevada seat after announcing months ago that he wouldn't seek re-election.
- School's president apologizes, stays; provost resigns Updated: Feb-08-16 5:39 pm
EMMITSBURG, Maryland - Mount St. Mary's University says its president has apologized and its provost has resigned after some embarrassing publicity about a plan to boost the schools' student-retention rate.
- Top Philippine diplomat and China critic resigns over health Updated: Feb-08-16 8:02 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines' top diplomat, who was behind a bold government move to challenge the validity of China's vast territorial claims in the South China Sea at an international tribunal, has resigned due to health reasons, officials said Monday.
- Corrections secretary resigns amid early release controversy Updated: Feb-06-16 10:52 pm
SEATTLE - Washington state Corrections Secretary Dan Pacholke resigned on Saturday amid a controversy over the early release of prisoners, telling a Republican senator he hoped his departure would satisfy the "need for blood."
- AP NewsBreak: Deal reached on provisional Haiti government Updated: Feb-06-16 9:35 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Top Haitian leaders negotiated an agreement to install a short-term provisional government less than 24 hours before President Michel Martelly was scheduled to step down, an official with the Organization of American States and local authorities announced Saturday.
- Pueblo municipal court judge resigns Updated: Feb-06-16 2:06 pm
PUEBLO, Colorado - A former Pueblo Municipal Court judge has resigned after a confrontation with a court employee.
- Answers sought after male bus driver poses as elderly woman Updated: Feb-05-16 5:59 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Some Rhode Island city councilors want to know more about a middle-age male senior center van driver who posed as an elderly woman during a press conference.
- Black students seek swifter race reforms at Missouri Updated: Feb-05-16 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - University of Missouri students pointedly pressed the system's governing board Friday for faster diversity reforms at the Columbia campus, which is still grappling with racial unrest three months since protests led to departures of two top administrators.
- The Latest: Walker: Hanley lacked education board support Updated: Feb-04-16 6:38 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Latest on the change in leadership at the state education department (all times local):
- Ball State trustee says resignation not linked to president Updated: Feb-04-16 4:16 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - One of two Ball State University trustees who are stepping down from their positions says the moves have nothing to do with the resignation last week of the school president.
- New Jersey attorney general to resign, work for Rutgers Updated: Feb-04-16 3:56 pm
Acting New Jersey Attorney General John J. Hoffman is resigning to take a job as the top lawyer at Rutgers University.
- Malaysian politician ousted after criticizing prime minister Updated: Feb-03-16 8:09 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The son of former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad resigned as the top leader of a federal state Wednesday, saying he was ousted because he had criticized Prime Minister Najib Razak over a $700 million financial scandal.