- Nebraska Sen. Nordquist submits resignation to governor Updated: Jun-30-15 12:05 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska state Sen. Jeremy Nordquist has submitted his resignation letter to the governor as he begins a new job with Democratic U.S. Rep. Brad Ashford.
- Arkansas clerk will resign over same-sex marriage licenses Updated: Jun-29-15 6:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A county clerk in Arkansas announced plans to resign effective Tuesday, saying she has a moral objection to issuing same-sex marriage licenses.
- Brazil faces uncertainty after another disappointing defeat Updated: Jun-28-15 10:33 am
SAO PAULO - It just keeps getting worse for Brazil's national team.
- FIFA election monitor urges Blatter to commit to going Updated: Jun-28-15 9:52 am
GENEVA - Stop flirting with the FIFA presidency and say for sure you are going.
- Former Illinois US Rep. Mel Reynolds indicted on tax charges Updated: Jun-26-15 4:15 pm
CHICAGO - A former U.S. congressman from Illinois who has been in legal trouble before is in legal trouble again - this time for allegedly not filing required federal tax returns for consecutive years.
- Mario Biaggi, former congressman from NYC, dies at 97 Updated: Jun-25-15 2:33 pm
NEW YORK - Mario Biaggi, a former 19-year congressman whose career ended in disgrace after a pair of corruption convictions, has died. He was 97.
- Top Oklahoma GOP official resigns after controversy Updated: Jun-24-15 7:29 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A top official of the Oklahoma Republican Party who pleaded guilty three years ago to a domestic violence charge has resigned after Gov. Mary Fallin threw her support behind ousting him, the state GOP chairman confirmed Wednesday.
- Davenport to cut ties with long-serving city administrator Updated: Jun-24-15 5:23 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Davenport's longtime city administrator agreed on Wednesday to resign as part of a settlement aimed at ending days of bickering over his handling of negotiations for a casino development.
- Colorado GOP says lawyer spoke with prosecutors over scandal Updated: Jun-23-15 8:22 pm
DENVER - A Colorado Republican Party spokesman said Tuesday that party lawyers have talked with prosecutors about allegations that several leading Republicans tried to blackmail the chairman of the state GOP into resigning.
- Jesse Jackson Jr. released from halfway house in Baltimore Updated: Jun-22-15 3:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. returned to his family's Washington, D.C., home on Monday after leaving a halfway house where he lived for several months since serving 2½ years in prison for spending $750,000 in campaign money on personal items.
- 6 Davenport aldermen boycott special meeting Updated: Jun-22-15 2:44 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Six Davenport aldermen have boycotted a special meeting to consider firing two city officials.
- Noodles president to become Portillo's 2nd CEO Updated: Jun-22-15 1:52 pm
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - The president of the Noodles & Co. restaurants is leaving to take over the top job at Portillo's, a Chicago-area burger and hot dog chain.
- Moldovan foreign minister named interim prime minister Updated: Jun-22-15 9:23 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Moldova's president has appointed the country's pro-European foreign minister as interim prime minister after her predecessor resigned amid a probe of his high school diploma.
- Virginia attorney general announces rescue plan for college Updated: Jun-21-15 3:05 am
SWEET BRIAR, Virginia - Prominent alumnae of Sweet Briar College are rejoicing over a mediated settlement to keep the 114-year-old Virginia women's college open, a rescue deal that caps frantic monthslong efforts to stave off a planned August closure.
- Vikings stadium board treasurer quits in dispute with chair Updated: Jun-19-15 4:06 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The treasurer of the board overseeing the Minnesota Vikings stadium has quit, saying he can't work with its chairwoman.
- Baton Rouge lawmaker resigns from La. House for another job Updated: Jun-19-15 3:09 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The chairman of the state House Commerce Committee has resigned from the Louisiana Legislature.
- Angry Marseille fans call for president's resignation Updated: Jun-19-15 6:45 am
MARSEILLE, France - With their team facing an uncertain future, angry Marseille supporters have expressed their frustration by tagging walls close to the club' training facilities.
- Colorado GOP chair: State attorney general wants him gone Updated: Jun-16-15 11:05 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Republican Party chairman on Tuesday accused state Attorney General Cynthia Coffman and former U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo of trying to force him from his position and warning he may face a lawsuit and false allegations of infidelity if he refused to leave.
- Lawmaker accused of mishandling campaign cash told to resign Updated: Jun-15-15 2:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah House Democrats have called for Rep. Justin J. Miller to step down due to accusations that he mishandled tens of thousands of dollars while running the county mayor's campaign.
- Winkler's resignation from Legislature effective July 1 Updated: Jun-15-15 12:34 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's Legislature will be down a member starting in July.
- Springfield mayor ordered to resign in ticket fixing case Updated: Jun-15-15 12:23 pm
LIVINGSTON, Louisiana - A state judge has ordered Springfield Mayor Charles Martin to resign after pleading guilty to criminal mischief for his part in a ticket fixing scheme.
- New Madrid councilor resigns over Twitter Holocaust joke Updated: Jun-15-15 10:34 am
MADRID - Madrid's new leftist mayor has moved to resolve her first political crisis by accepting the much-demanded resignation of her culture councilor over a joke he posted on Twitter about the Holocaust four years ago.
- Mayor rejects criticism about handling of ex-police chief Updated: Jun-12-15 6:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The ousting of Salt Lake City's police chief amid growing questions about the handling of female officers' sexual harassment claims came abruptly. But activists and the police union were left wondering Friday why it didn't happen sooner.
- Library official resigns after fracas over missing art Updated: Jun-11-15 4:34 pm
BOSTON - The chairman of the Boston Public Library board of trustees has announced his resignation after a fracas over valuable art that was misplaced but later found.
- European lawmakers urge FIFA president Blatter to go now Updated: Jun-11-15 7:37 am
STRASBOURG, France - European lawmakers have urged FIFA President Sepp Blatter to step down immediately, and for an interim leader to be appointed.