- Cyprus central bank chief resigns Updated: Mar-10-14 12:58 pm
- Iowa GOP chairman surprises with plan to resign Updated: Mar-09-14 5:04 pm
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges Updated: Mar-08-14 1:08 pm
- Final report postponed on Swallow investigation Updated: Mar-07-14 4:46 pm
- $7.2 million Corn Palace renovation to move ahead Updated: Mar-06-14 9:23 am
- Dave Hedge stepping down as Abilene publisher Updated: Mar-05-14 9:52 pm
- Italian and European swim chief faces fraud claim Updated: Mar-05-14 3:16 pm
- Park County tea partier survives leadership vote Updated: Mar-05-14 10:56 am
- Lebanon's political system sinks nation into debt Updated: Mar-05-14 2:08 am
- Board names Rankins as Alcorn State president Updated: Mar-04-14 7:12 pm
- Official who investigated attack on senator quits Updated: Mar-04-14 3:20 pm
- Romanian Senate speaker quits, upstages government Updated: Mar-04-14 2:47 pm
- Anderson University president plans to step down Updated: Mar-04-14 9:44 am
- Auburn city clerk resigns amid finance questions Updated: Mar-04-14 6:52 am
- Oakland City Administrator Santana resigns Updated: Mar-04-14 12:35 am
- Sabres stunned by LaFontaine's resignation Updated: Mar-02-14 7:15 pm
- President to step down at Houma high school Updated: Mar-02-14 4:37 am
- LaFontaine resigns as Buffalo Sabres president Updated: Mar-01-14 8:35 pm
- Wis. Assembly leader enters treatment Updated: Mar-01-14 7:15 pm
- NJ lawmaker quits panel probing GWB lane closures Updated: Mar-01-14 5:41 pm
- State human resource department leaders step down Updated: Feb-27-14 9:10 pm
- UK to open probe on secret deal for IRA fugitives Updated: Feb-27-14 2:56 pm
- Matos, Cuban rebel leader turned Castro foe, dies Updated: Feb-27-14 2:01 pm
- German ex-president acquitted in corruption trial Updated: Feb-27-14 7:07 am
- Gibsland ex-mayor pleads guilty to malfeasance Updated: Feb-26-14 5:04 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Nearly a year on from an acute financial crisis, Cyprus' central bank governor resigned on Monday, a decision that brings an end to a protracted dispute with the president of the bailed-out country.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The chairman of Iowa's Republican Party will step down later this month once a replacement can be chosen.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two Democratic lawmakers involved in overseeing the troubled Illinois Department of Children and Family Services say the agency faces "horrendous" challenges in the year ahead as officials deal with yet another search for a new child-welfare chief, anticipated budget cuts and election year politics.
SALT LAKE CITY - A House committee that investigated former Utah Attorney General John Swallow is postponing the release of a final report so it can review additional emails recovered from one of Swallow's computers.
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The sudden resignation of the director at Mitchell's Corn Palace will not affect a $7.2 million renovation planned for the tourist attraction, the city's mayor said.
ABILENE, Texas - Dave Hedge is resigning after 2½ years as president and publisher of the Abilene Reporter-News.
ROME - The president of the Italian swimming federation, Paolo Barelli, has offered to resign if fraud accusations directed at him are proved true in an escalating feud with the country's Olympic committee.
CASPER, Wyoming - A tea party member of the Park County GOP has survived a mainstream Republican effort to oust him from leadership.
BEIRUT - Lebanese politicians are looking for tens of millions of dollars in aid at a Paris conference on Wednesday with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and world diplomats to help their country cope with a flood of refugees from neighboring Syria's civil war. But while authorities plead for cash, Lebanon's house is hardly in order.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Alfred Rankins Jr. was named the next president of Alcorn State University Tuesday by the Mississippi College Board, which chose an insider following an abbreviated search that became necessary after its former president resigned over a purchasing scandal.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A state investigator who examined the events leading to an attack on a Virginia state senator by his son has resigned, complaining of interference by his superiors, according to a letter of resignation released Tuesday.
BUCHAREST, Romania - The speaker of Romania's Senate has resigned before the prime minister could remove him.
ANDERSON, Indiana - The longtime president of Anderson University is stepping down from the office, although he didn't call it a retirement.
AUBURN, Kansas - The longtime clerk in a northeast Kansas town has resigned and an auditor has been hired to review the town's finances.
OAKLAND, California - Oakland's top non-elected city official said she is resigning from her position.
BUFFALO, New York - Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo.
HOUMA, Louisiana - Officials of the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux say the president of Vandebilt Catholic High School plans to retire June 30.
BUFFALO, New York - First, Ryan Miller. Now, Pat LaFontaine.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Embattled Wisconsin state Assembly Majority Leader Bill Kramer's office said Saturday that he has checked into a treatment center while fellow Republicans pushed ahead with plans to strip him of his leadership position amid charges that he sexually harassed multiple women.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey state lawmaker has withdrawn from a legislative committee that is investigating last year's lane closures on an approach to the George Washington Bridge
SACRAMENTO, California - The top administrators of the California Department of Human Resources are leaving Friday as a state watchdog agency criticizes the department for failing to implement Gov. Jerry's Brown's government reforms.
DUBLIN - The British government announced Thursday it will appoint a judge to investigate its long-secret policy of supplying letters to Irish Republican Army fugitives promising them protection from arrest. The issue is dividing Northern Ireland's unity government. Why? The AP explains.
MIAMI - Huber Matos Benitez, who helped lead the Cuban Revolution as one of Fidel Castro's key lieutenants before his efforts to resign from the burgeoning communist government landed him in prison for 20 years, has died. He was 95.
BERLIN - Germany's former president, Christian Wulff, was acquitted Thursday of corruption charges in a case that prompted his resignation two years ago.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State prosecutors said 73-year-old Odell Key has resigned as mayor of Gibsland and pleaded guilty Wednesday to malfeasance in office.