- Q&A: A look at the indictment of Texas' attorney general Updated: Aug-03-15 7:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is charged with three felony counts of securities fraud in an indictment unsealed Monday. Here's a closer look at what the case against him means.
- Missouri senator accused by interns leaves credit union job Updated: Aug-03-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri state senator has left his credit union job following allegations that he made unwanted sexual advances toward Capitol interns.
- Murray resigns as editor of The Tennessean newspaper Updated: Aug-03-15 4:56 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Stefanie Murray, the vice president and executive editor of The Tennessean, has resigned from the Nashville newspaper.
- The Latest: Defense lawyer says Texas AG to plead not guilty Updated: Aug-03-15 3:27 pm
McKINNEY, Texas - The latest on Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who has been charged with felony securities fraud (all times local):
- Christie stirs outrage of an old enemy, teachers unions Updated: Aug-03-15 1:58 pm
HADDONFIELD, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has again provoked the outrage of an old political enemy - teachers unions.
- Australia's House speaker quits over travel expense scrutiny Updated: Aug-02-15 5:46 am
SYDNEY - The speaker of Australia's House of Representatives resigned Sunday following weeks of accusations that she used taxpayer money to pay for extravagant and unnecessary travel.
- Top Missouri senator Tom Dempsey to resign Updated: Jul-31-15 4:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey said Friday that he is resigning from office to launch a new private-sector career and spend more time with his family.
- IndyCar president of competition Walker resigns Updated: Jul-30-15 5:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar president of competition Derrick Walker took the fall Thursday for technical issues that have plagued the series this year and said he'll resign his position at the end of the season.
- Branstad's chief of staff is resigning Updated: Jul-29-15 12:53 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad's chief of staff Matt Hinch says he is resigning for a career in the private sector.
- Resigned elections official held 2012 fundraiser for McCrory Updated: Jul-28-15 9:37 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A month before he won election, Gov. Pat McCrory attended a fundraiser hosted by an appointee to the state Board of Elections who resigned amid questions about his ties to an Internet sweepstakes magnate targeted by a campaign finance investigation.
- Probe sought into claim that LePage forced official's ouster Updated: Jul-28-15 6:35 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Two Democratic Maine lawmakers want the state's watchdog agency to investigate claims that Republican Gov. Paul LePage forced the president of the World Acadian Congress to resign.
- Nixon calls for ethics law changes after 2 lawmakers resign Updated: Jul-28-15 6:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri's Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon said Tuesday that state ethics laws need to be revamped in light of accusations that led to the resignations of two state lawmakers this year.
- Oklahoma lawmaker acknowledges criminal investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 5:10 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An attorney for Oklahoma state Sen. Rick Brinkley has acknowledged that the lawmaker is under a criminal investigation related to his alleged embezzlement of more than $1 million from a nonprofit agency where he once worked.
- Nixon sets special election to fill Missouri House vacancies Updated: Jul-28-15 4:34 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Special elections have been scheduled to replace three Missouri lawmakers who resigned.
- Transportation head resigns, focused on book career, family Updated: Jul-28-15 2:32 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's transportation secretary, who moonlighted as a novelist and was criticized for going on a book tour before an impending snowstorm, resigned abruptly Tuesday, saying he wanted to focus on his family and book career.
- Controversial Casper councilman announces resignation Updated: Jul-28-15 5:05 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper City Council member who was accused of ethics violations has announced his resignation.
- Maine governor resign? 'Not going to happen!' Updated: Jul-28-15 3:35 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has a message for a woman who asked him to resign. In his words, "Not going to happen!"
- March, civil disobedience planned next month in Ferguson Updated: Jul-27-15 4:43 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - A silent march and a day of civil disobedience are among the events being planned for next month in Ferguson to mark the first anniversary of the fatal shooting of a black 18-year-old by a white police officer, an event that galvanized the "Black Lives Matter" movement.
- Missouri legislator accused by interns submits resignation Updated: Jul-25-15 12:11 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota submitted his resignation Friday following allegations that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns, claims that the Democrat denied but that prompted party leaders to question his ability to serve.
- Carroll to pay fine, admit violations in ethics case Updated: Jul-24-15 3:26 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The drama over Florida's former lieutenant governor, who was forced to resign more than two years ago, may be finally over.
- Top Senate Republican calls on DCF commissioner to quit Updated: Jul-23-15 6:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Republican leader of the Connecticut Senate on Thursday called for the resignation of the Department of Children and Families commissioner in light of recent reports, including one highlighting problems at state juvenile detention facilities.
- Democratic bills target Gov. Christie's presidential run Updated: Jul-23-15 1:42 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Democrats are taking aim at Gov. Chris Christie with a pair of bills stemming from his presidential run, but their efforts look likely to fail.
- New Mexico Democratic lawmaker to stay on LULAC board Updated: Jul-23-15 5:07 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico Democratic lawmaker says she will not resign from the board of the nation's oldest Latino civil rights group despite calls to step down.
- Missouri Senate report: Intern claims sexual harassment Updated: Jul-22-15 7:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A former Missouri legislative intern claims a Democratic state senator sexually harassed her, made what she felt was a request for sex and retaliated when she refused, according to a Senate report released Wednesday. The lawmaker denied any inappropriate behavior.
- Official: Pennsylvania governor's aide preparing Senate bid Updated: Jul-22-15 6:42 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The top aide to Pennsylvania's governor resigned Wednesday in preparation to run for U.S. Senate in 2016 in a state seen by Democrats as key to helping them regain the chamber's majority.