- TOUR DE FRANCE WATCH: A good bonus for Cancellara Updated: Jul-05-15 12:51 pm
NEELTJE JANS, Netherlands - Since 2008 there had been no time bonus awarded at the Tour de France stage finishes. They are back this year, and Fabian Cancellara made the most of them on Sunday to erase the disappointment of his opening time trial.
- Greipel wins 2nd stage of Tour de France; Nibali loses time Updated: Jul-05-15 12:45 pm
NEELTJE JANS, Netherlands - German rider Andre Greipel won a rain-drenched second stage of the Tour de France in a sprint finish on Sunday, while defending champion Vincenzo Nibali and Tour contender Nairo Quintana lost valuable time after dropping behind the front group.
- The Latest: Nibali best among Tour favorites in 1st stage Updated: Jul-04-15 1:03 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - The Latest from the first stage of the Tour de France (all times local):
- Astana creates new controversy at Tour de France Updated: Jul-04-15 12:36 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - On the very first day of the Tour de France, Vincenzo Nibali's Astana team found itself at the heart of another controversy after allowing one of its riders to start the race despite questions raised over his testing results.
- Astana rider Lars Boom facing Tour de France exit Updated: Jul-03-15 7:26 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France champion Vincenzo Nibali's under-pressure Astana team requested teammate Lars Boom be removed from cycling's showpiece race for anomalous blood-testing results announced Friday.
- Bouhanni defies pain at Tour de France Updated: Jul-03-15 12:47 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - The Tour de France legend feeds itself on stories of pain and courage. Battered and bruised but still up for a fight, Nacer Bouhanni is ready to write another chapter of the race odyssey.
- 3 British bids to host 2017 Tour de France Grand Depart Updated: Jul-03-15 9:44 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme says he has received three bids from British candidates to host the Grand Depart in 2017.
- Tour de France? More like Tour de-void of Americans Updated: Jul-03-15 3:02 am
As the Tour de France drew near, Jonathan Vaughters was still poring over power outputs and training results, trying to determine the nine riders that he would send to represent Cannondale-Garmin at the start line in the Dutch city of Utrecht.
- Armstrong girlfriend must testify, Landis to produce records Updated: Jul-02-15 6:24 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong's girlfriend can be questioned under oath about what she knows of his doping past, and his former teammate-turned-antagonist Floyd Landis will have to turn over records of investigations into his own previous doping case, a federal judge has decided.
- Contador has yellow on his mind as he eyes 3rd Tour title Updated: Jul-02-15 11:56 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France contender Alberto Contador's serious-looking face cracked into a beaming smile during a lighthearted moment at his pre-race news conference on Thursday, when he was joined by an unexpected guest.
- Tour organizers change 2015 route after landslide Updated: Jun-25-15 5:45 am
PARIS - Tour de France organizers have changed the route of the 20th stage of this year's race following a landslide in the French Alps.
- 2013 Tour de France champ Froome missed drug test this year Updated: Jun-24-15 8:06 pm
PARIS - Former Tour de France champion Chris Froome revealed on Wednesday he missed a drug test this year while taking a couple of days off in Italy with his wife.
- Frank Schleck out of Tour de France with knee injury Updated: Jun-23-15 11:09 am
PARIS - Frank Schleck will not compete in the Tour de France because of a knee injury.
- 2 Eritreans on 1st African team at Tour de France Updated: Jun-23-15 10:08 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Two Eritrean cyclists will be the first from their country to compete at the Tour de France after being named in the MTN-Qhubeka team's final lineup on Tuesday.
- Anti-doping report: Riis knew about drugs on cycling team Updated: Jun-23-15 9:47 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former manager Bjarne Riis chose to ignore drug-taking by riders on the former Team CSC, a report by Denmark's anti-doping agency said on Tuesday.
- Verbruggen threatens UCI with lawsuit over doping report Updated: Jun-17-15 10:11 am
PARIS - Former UCI president Hein Verbruggen threatened legal action against cycling's governing body on Wednesday over its "outrageously biased, misleading and frequently wrong" investigation into the sport's doping past.
- Philippe Gilbert out of Tour de France with leg injury Updated: Jun-16-15 8:53 am
PARIS - Former world champion Philippe Gilbert won't ride in the Tour de France next month because of a right leg injury.
- British rider Chris Froome wins Criterium du Dauphine race Updated: Jun-14-15 11:28 am
MODANE VALFREJUS, France - British cyclist Chris Froome launched one of his blistering mountain attacks to win the Criterium du Dauphine race for the second time on Sunday, clinching the eighth stage to take the yellow jersey from American rider Tejay van Garderen.
- Bradley Wiggins breaks hour record at London velodrome Updated: Jun-07-15 4:02 pm
LONDON - Olympic champion and Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins added another prestigious honor to his collection on Sunday, breaking the UCI Hour Record by covering 54.526 kilometers (33.88 miles) at the velodrome in London's Olympic Park.
- UCI, WADA drop appeal case against Czech cyclist Kreuziger Updated: Jun-05-15 4:01 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Czech cyclist Roman Kreuziger was cleared of doping Friday, just days ahead of a Court of Arbitration for Sport appeal hearing in his case.