- W.Va. university expands into Ark. military installation Updated: May-29-15 6:13 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The University of Charleston is using an Arkansas military installation to expand its student recruiting efforts.
- Ohio native to graduate at top of class at Air Force Academy Updated: May-29-15 3:50 am
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio native is the top graduating cadet this year at the Air Force Academy.
- Minot Air Force Base cautions public about military exercise Updated: May-29-15 2:29 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot Air Force Base officials are conducting a military exercise they say might alarm the public.
- Syria's al-Qaida chief says no plans to attack the West Updated: May-28-15 3:36 pm
BEIRUT - Al-Qaida's branch in Syria has no plans to attack the West but warns of retaliation if U.S.-led airstrikes continue to target its fighters, the leader of the group said in an interview with an Arab TV station.
- Air Force Academy graduates 1 of smallest recent classes Updated: May-28-15 3:30 pm
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Air Force Academy has graduated one of its smallest classes in recent years.
- Cheyenne Air Force base gets new missile wing commander Updated: May-28-15 9:49 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Cheyenne's Air Force Base has a new commander for its missile wing.
- Essentials: Pensacola, Florida, offers summer beach fun Updated: May-28-15 9:44 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - While summer is the traditional slow season for tourist resorts in hot and muggy South Florida, it is peak season 600 miles (965 kilometers) northwest in the beach towns of Florida's Panhandle. From St. George Island in the east to Pensacola Beach in the west, there is plenty to explore in this sometimes-overlooked region.
- Camp Grayling plans public tours on 4 Saturdays in summer Updated: May-27-15 4:08 am
GRAYLING, Michigan - The Camp Grayling military training base is offering public tours this summer.
- Georgia post to give Vietnam vets homecoming they never had Updated: May-25-15 10:13 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia -
- Turkey: Kurdish rebels attack military base; no casualties Updated: May-25-15 9:28 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's military says suspected Kurdish militants have fired two mortar rounds at a military base in the country's southeast region, prompting the military to fire back in retaliation.
- Events to mark Memorial Day at Pensacola Naval Air Station Updated: May-25-15 3:05 am
PENSACOLA NAVAL AIR STATION, Florida - The sailors at Pensacola Naval Air Station in the Florida Panhandle will mark Memorial Day with a special ceremony.
- Astronaut's visit excites Ketchikan students Updated: May-24-15 4:56 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - It takes approximately eight minutes and 52 seconds for a shuttle carrying astronauts to the International Space Station to get to space, according to astronaut Steve Swanson, who visited Ketchikan earlier this month. A shuttle reaches speeds of 5 miles a second in breaching the earth's atmosphere.
- Aeromedical evacuation trainer arrives at Ohio military base Updated: May-23-15 1:05 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A military transport aircraft fuselage to be used for aeromedical evacuation training has begun arriving at an Air Force base in southwest Ohio.
- Navy says pilot safely ejected when plane went off runway Updated: May-22-15 9:32 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Navy pilot safely ejected into San Diego Bay on Friday when a training jet went off the end of a runway after landing at Naval Air Station North Island.
- 19 long-dead Oregon hospital patients get military honors Updated: May-22-15 5:07 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - They served in the Civil War, the Indian Wars, the Spanish-American War and World War I. But for decades, their ashes and those of thousands of others lay abandoned in corroded urns in an outbuilding at Oregon's state psychiatric hospital.
- Biden discusses Asia-Pacific region at Navy graduation Updated: May-22-15 1:16 pm
- 19 to become US citizens at Navy base ceremony Updated: May-22-15 2:49 am
GROTON, Connecticut - Nineteen people affiliated with the U.S. military are becoming American citizens at a ceremony Friday at the Navy base in Groton.
- Firefighters contain blaze at Air Force base hotel Updated: May-22-15 2:44 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Firefighters have contained a fire on the roof of a hotel at Ohio's largest military base.
- Israel court orders Palestinian woman lawmaker freed on bail Updated: May-21-15 11:52 am
OFER MILITARY BASE, West Bank - An Israeli military judge ruled Thursday that jailed Palestinian legislator Khalida Jarrar, a well-known West Bank firebrand, should be released on bail, but ordered her held for at least three more days pending a possible appeal.
- SC Air National Guard flies defense exercise in Midlands Updated: May-21-15 4:07 am
MCENTIRE JOINT NATIONAL GUARD BASE, South Carolina - The South Carolina Air National Guard is scheduled to conduct an air defense exercise over central portions of the state.
- Blue Angels dedicate show to victim of Amtrak crash Updated: May-20-15 1:09 pm
- Wal-Mart announces expansion of veteran hiring Updated: May-20-15 9:56 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Nate Waits wakes up before 3 a.m. four days a week to get to his job at a Bentonville distribution center for Wal-Mart Stores Inc., where the former Marine is among more than 92,000 veterans the company has hired in the past two years.
- Fort Wayne honors deployed military with blue star banners Updated: May-20-15 9:44 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The city of Fort Wayne is honoring two more veterans with banners along city streets.
- Air Force OKs higher cap on visiting aircraft's use of base Updated: May-19-15 8:56 am
TUCSON, Arizona - The Air Force says it's going to implement a plan increasing a cap on the number of flights by aircraft visiting Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson.
- $10M sought from federal government for levee project Updated: May-18-15 4:59 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Eastern Nebraska officials hope the federal government will chip in $10 million to help repair levees that protect the Offutt Air Force Base and the surrounding community from Missouri River flooding.