- Today in Nebraska for September Updated: Aug-28-15 1:38 pm
- SAFB Commander: Efforts to fight cyberattacks should improve Updated: Aug-27-15 10:47 am
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE - The newly-installed leader of the U.S. Transportation Command at Scott Air Force Base says cyberattacks are an "evolving threat" that need to be dealt with aggressively.
- 1st enlisted female sub sailors start training in Groton Updated: Aug-26-15 11:16 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The first four of the female enlisted sailors selected for the Navy's "silent service" began training this week at submarine school in Groton, the latest milestone in the elimination of one of the U.S. military's few remaining gender barriers.
- Boy Scout honors memory of Tuskegee Airmen at Freeman Field Updated: Aug-26-15 5:07 am
SEYMOUR, Indiana - A local Boy Scout has created a memorial plaza at the Seymour airport in the hopes more people will take the time to learn about and pay tribute to the Tuskegee Airmen.
- Dover base children learn about parent deployments Updated: Aug-26-15 4:47 am
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Air Force Base officials are helping to make the deployment of service men and women a little less stressful and scary for their children.
- Smoke starting to lift over Washington fires Updated: Aug-23-15 9:28 pm
TWISP, Washington - The latest on wildfires in Washington state, including those that killed three firefighters (all times local):
- Indiana enlists NRA to train Guard on firearms Updated: Aug-21-15 4:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The National Rifle Association has been instructing Indiana's National Guard members on how to use concealed weapons after Republican Gov. Mike Pence directed the state's military bases and training centers to beef up security in response to recent attacks in Tennessee.
- National Guard base in SC holds mock "shooter" exercise Updated: Aug-20-15 4:06 am
MCENTIRE JOINT NATIONAL GUARD BASE, South Carolina - Officials at the McEntire Joint National Guard Base are warning members of the public they are holding a mock "active shooter" exercise and they should not be alarmed.
- Air Force test-launches unarmed missile from California Updated: Aug-19-15 2:10 pm
VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, California - The Air Force says an unarmed Minuteman 3 missile was launched from California in a test of the intercontinental ballistic missile system.
- Boosters campaign to build Fort Jackson centennial park Updated: Aug-18-15 10:29 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A group of military supporters is kicking off a $1 million campaign to build a memorial park commemorating the 100th birthday of Fort Jackson, the Army's largest training site.
- Army investigates soldier found dead in Fort Bragg barracks Updated: Aug-17-15 7:53 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - The U.S. Army is investigating after a paratrooper was found dead in his barracks room.
- 2 fighter jets collide on ground at Nellis Air Force Base Updated: Aug-17-15 7:05 pm
NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nevada - Base officials didn't disclose whether pilots were hurt or the amount of damage to two U.S. Air Force fighter jets that collided on the ground during the weekend at Nellis Air Force in Nevada.
- Army skydivers returning to Fort Bragg after member's death Updated: Aug-17-15 6:31 pm
CHICAGO - Members of a U.S. Army skydiving team were grieving and regrouping Monday after one of their parachutists died from injuries suffered during a stunt at the Chicago Air & Water Show. Team members returned to Fort Bragg, North Carolina, for counseling, and the team canceled an appearance at the Kansas City Air Show this weekend. Experts say there are always dangers when free-falling at 120 mph, but they are compounded in stunts involving multiple skydivers.
- Survey: Trust, exhaustion were issues on Navy hospital ship Updated: Aug-17-15 3:22 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Stress levels were so high among sailors aboard a Navy hospital ship preparing to provide humanitarian assistance to Latin America that the medical unit was not considered mission capable weeks before it was set to deploy in March, according to Navy documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.
- Army skydivers returning to Fort Bragg after member's death Updated: Aug-17-15 2:37 am
CHICAGO - Members of a U.S. Army skydiving team will return to their base, where they will have access to counseling, after a parachutist from their unit died from injuries suffered during a stunt at the Chicago Air & Water Show.
- Apple said to show interest in automotive testing facility Updated: Aug-14-15 6:01 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Adding fuel to rumors that Apple is working on designs for a car, local officials say engineers for the giant tech company recently made inquiries about a former navy base that's been converted into a testing ground for self-driving cars and other cutting-edge vehicles.
- Philippines to open base near disputed sea even without US Updated: Aug-14-15 10:37 am
SUBIC, Philippines - The Philippines will go ahead with a plan to open military camps at Subic Bay facing the disputed South China Sea even if a proposed American military presence doesn't happen, Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin said Friday.
- US Army copter crash-lands on ship off Japan island; 6 hurt Updated: Aug-12-15 7:47 pm
TOKYO - A U.S. Army helicopter crashed while landing on a Navy ship during training off Japan's southern island of Okinawa, injuring six people and damaging the aircraft, officials said.
- Naval Air Station neighbors lose bid to stop noisy jets Updated: Aug-12-15 10:32 am
SEATTLE - A federal judge has refused to order an injunction sought by neighbors of Naval Air Station Whidbey Island to stop noisy jet fighters from practicing aircraft-carrier landings.
- Judge OKs $9 million for Honolulu military hospital lawsuit Updated: Aug-10-15 9:11 pm
HONOLULU - Attorneys representing a Virginia family in a lawsuit over a Hawaii military hospital birth that left the child with cerebral palsy continue to prepare for trial, even though a federal judge on Monday approved a $9 million settlement.
- Minot Air Force Base plans to hold 1st air show in 7 years Updated: Aug-10-15 2:37 am
MINOT, North Dakota - An air show is coming to the Minot Air Force Base next year.
- Naval Station Norfolk welcomes new commanding officer Updated: Aug-07-15 3:38 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The world's largest naval base has a new commanding officer.
- 10th Mountain Division troops heading to Iraq, Afghanistan Updated: Aug-06-15 6:40 am
FORT DRUM, New York - U.S. Army officials say more than 2,500 soldiers in the 10th Mountain Division will be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan in the coming weeks.
- RI National Guard commander: Arming guardsmen not next step Updated: Aug-05-15 3:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The new commander of the Rhode Island National Guard says he would consider alternative strategies before allowing guardsmen to carry weapons.
- 2 airmen killed during parachute training in Florida Updated: Aug-04-15 8:16 pm
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Florida - Air Force officials have released the names of two special forces airmen killed in a parachute training accident in the Florida Panhandle.