- Military disciplines about 16 in Afghanistan hospital attack Updated: Apr-28-16 5:17 pm
WASHINGTON - About 16 U.S. military personnel, including a two-star general, have been disciplined for mistakes that led to the bombing of a civilian hospital in Afghanistan last year that killed 42 people, a senior U.S. official said Thursday.
- South Korea: Suspected midrange North Korean missiles fail Updated: Apr-28-16 3:49 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea attempted unsuccessfully to launch two suspected powerful intermediate-range missiles on Thursday, South Korean defense officials said, bringing the number of apparent failures in recent weeks to three.
- 5 Frederick homes may get city water after 10-year wait Updated: Apr-27-16 12:34 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Residents of five Frederick homes near Fort Detrick may finally have clean tap water after getting bottled water shipments supplied by the Army for the past 10 years.
- Mold removed from Offutt Air Force Base's new building Updated: Apr-26-16 1:49 pm
OFFUTT AIR FORCE BASE, Nebraska - Military officials say 4,000 feet of mold-infested ductwork has been removed from the U.S. Strategic Command's new headquarters at Offutt Air Force Base.
- US Naval Academy removes instructor implicated in misconduct Updated: Apr-26-16 1:42 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A U.S. Naval Academy instructor implicated in sexual misconduct is being removed from his position, and the academy says if it had known about a former student's sexual misconduct accusation against him he would not have been allowed to teach.
- Iowa National Guard unit mobilized for Afghanistan mission Updated: Apr-26-16 6:50 am
JOHNSTON, Iowa - The Iowa Army National Guard says it's mobilizing a Johnston-based supply outfit for an Afghanistan support mission.
- India asks Pakistan to curb terror groups targeting India Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 am
NEW DELHI - India on Tuesday asked Pakistan to rein in terrorist groups operating from its soil and targeting India, expressing dissatisfaction with action taken so far against suspects of an attack on an Indian air force base in January.
- A Washington ritual: Pentagon, Congress at odds over bases Updated: Apr-25-16 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon thinks it has a winning argument for why Congress should allow a new round of military base closings. The case goes like this: The Army and Air Force have vastly more space for training and basing troops than they need, and trimming the surplus would save money better used to strengthen the military.
- Consultants hired to help secure Davis-Monthan base's future Updated: Apr-25-16 1:09 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A group supporting Davis-Monthan Air Force Base has hired a consulting firm to help secure the base's future.
- Air Force bases in Oklahoma await new fleet of KC-46 tankers Updated: Apr-25-16 12:52 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - A new fleet of tankers is expected to give the U.S. Air Force a more efficient option for refueling planes midflight.
- US flies F-22s to Romania as show of strength to Russia Updated: Apr-25-16 11:16 am
CONSTANTA, Romania - The U.S. Air Force on Monday flew in two F-22 Raptor fighter jets to Romania as a show of strength to deter Russian intervention in Ukraine.
- Submarine museum to open exhibit on Groton base history Updated: Apr-24-16 12:17 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - The Navy's submarine force museum is opening a new exhibit dedicated to the history of Naval Submarine Base New London.
- About 35 Vermont Air Guard members due back from Florida Updated: Apr-23-16 8:28 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - About 35 civil engineers from the Vermont Air National Guard are due to return to the state after an exercise in Florida.
- Whiteman drone pilots receive new, more prestigious title Updated: Apr-22-16 3:59 pm
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Missouri - The Air Force will now recognize drone pilots who conduct remote military strikes from Whiteman Air Force Base as "attack squadrons," a designation with more prestige that could help with retention and recruitment.
- Possible Navy drone base environmental assessment underway Updated: Apr-22-16 6:06 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Officials say the results of an environmental assessment for a potential Navy drone base on Virginia's Eastern Shore may be finished by late summer.
- Public to get up-close tour of Army's Fort Jackson Updated: Apr-22-16 4:12 am
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - For those who've always wondered what it's like to train as a soldier, visitors can tour the Army's largest training installation this month.
- Work starting on Selfridge jet fuel storage, delivery system Updated: Apr-21-16 9:23 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Work is officially starting on a new jet fuel storage and delivery system at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in suburban Detroit.
- Gov. Haley, military join forces to support military kids Updated: Apr-21-16 4:23 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley and members of South Carolina's military are joining forces to support the children of military families.
- Air Force wants to hear from Tinker community on new mission Updated: Apr-19-16 6:28 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The U.S. Air Force is holding a public meeting to gather input from the communities surrounding Tinker Air Force Base about where it should permanently house an operating base for its KC-46A refueling tankers.
- Air Force considering Ohio base for F-35A fighter jets Updated: Apr-17-16 11:52 am
SWANTON, Ohio - Military officials say the U.S. Air Force is considering northwest Ohio for one of two Air National Guard bases that will house next-generation fighter jets.
- Nellis base welcomes 57th Wing's first woman commander Updated: Apr-16-16 5:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada welcomed the first woman leader of the 57th Wing when Brig. Gen. Jeannie M. Leavitt took command in a ceremony, The Las Vegas Review-Journal (http://bit.ly/1NfmKI9 ) reported.
- Colorado springs focused on being cybersecurity industry hub Updated: Apr-16-16 10:47 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs' economic future could depend on how it fits within an emerging industry to tackle hackers.
- German air force to end training contract with Holloman base Updated: Apr-15-16 2:43 pm
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico - The German air force is terminating its contract to train its pilots at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.
- Congress split over F-35 funds for Eielson Air Force Base Updated: Apr-15-16 2:02 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The U.S. House and Senate are divided over how much construction funding the Eielson Air Force Base should receive to prepare for two new squadrons of F-35 fighter jets.
- The Latest: Pearce sees need to fill void at New Mexico base Updated: Apr-15-16 1:04 pm
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico - The Latest on Germany's decision to end flight training mission at Holloman Air Force Base (all times local):