- Belarus' president says he doesn't want Russian air base Updated: Oct-06-15 2:07 pm
MINSK, Belarus - Belarus doesn't want to host a Russian military air base, President Alexander Lukashenko said Tuesday, a statement that highlighted a strain between the two neighbors and allies.
- Russian entry into Syria's air wars raises worries Updated: Oct-06-15 2:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Russia's entry into the crowded and sometimes uncoordinated air wars in Syria is making the U.S. increasingly nervous, reflecting concern at the Pentagon and in Europe about the risk of accidents or unintended conflict.
- What's in the defense bill for military and families? Updated: Oct-05-15 3:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Buried in the 1,915-page defense policy bill are significant changes that could affect more than 1 million members of the military and their families.
- 2 from Massachusetts base die in Afghanistan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 10:22 am
BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Two of the six U.S. airmen who died this week when a U.S. Air Force C-130J military transport plane crashed in eastern Afghanistan were deployed out of Hanscom Air Force Base in Massachusetts.
- 4 from West Texas air force base die in Afghanistan crash Updated: Oct-02-15 10:04 am
DYESS AIR FORCE BASE, Texas - Officials say four airmen from an Air Force base in West Texas were among 11 people killed in a U.S. military transport plane crash in Afghanistan.
- Desert tortoise released on Marine Corps base Updated: Oct-01-15 8:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - Researchers have released a desert tortoise raised on a Marine Corps base as part of efforts aimed at reinvigorating the threatened population in the western Mojave Desert.
- Army identifies Fort Carson soldier killed in training crash Updated: Oct-01-15 4:51 pm
FORT CARSON, Colorado - The Army has identified a Fort Carson soldier who died from injuries suffered during a training accident in California.
- Navy deploys 13,000 sandbags to protect its largest base Updated: Oct-01-15 12:02 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Sailors at the world's largest naval base are filling thousands of sandbags to protect the base's buildings from flooding.
- The Latest: Russia could strike beyond Syria, exec suggests Updated: Sep-30-15 12:37 pm
MOSCOW - The latest developments as Russia and other nations counter Islamic State militants in Syria. All times local:
- US pitches investors on Afghan airfields as drawdown looms Updated: Sep-30-15 7:34 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - U.S. and Afghan officials pitched investors Wednesday on doing business on military airfields that NATO troops will withdraw from in Afghanistan, even as the Taliban insurgency rages on in the country.
- US sends search-and-rescue aircraft, crew to Turkey Updated: Sep-29-15 6:38 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. aircraft and about 300 Air Force troops have begun arriving at a military base in Turkey to provide search and rescue capabilities for the fighting in Iraq and Syria.
- B-1 bombers coming under 1 command Updated: Sep-28-15 7:47 pm
BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, Louisiana - The Eighth Air Force, headquartered at Louisiana's Barksdale Air Force Base 40 years now, will see an increase in assets and capabilities in the coming days.
- Naval Academy head says school could produce women SEALs Updated: Sep-28-15 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The superintendent of the U.S. Naval Academy says he's confident that women who graduate from the school will go on to become Navy SEALs if the military changes its policy to allow them to serve in that special operations role.
- Omaha, Bellevue, Sarpy County to face bills for levee plan Updated: Sep-28-15 6:51 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha, Bellevue and Sarpy County will be asked to pay more than $2 million each for levee repairs around Offutt Air Force Base.
- Historic firearms to be displayed at Fort Hartsuff Updated: Sep-28-15 5:01 am
ELYRIA, Nebraska - U.S. military firearms will be on display at central Nebraska's Fort Hartsuff State Historical Park next month.
- Sumter shows appreciation for military at Shaw picnic Updated: Sep-25-15 4:01 am
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - More than 1,000 men and women in uniform at Shaw Air Force Base are being treated to a special lunch in their honor.
- Miramar squadron trains at Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort Updated: Sep-24-15 4:02 am
MARINE CORPS AIR STATION BEAUFORT, South Carolina - A squadron of Marine Corps aviators and their F/A-18 Hornet jets from California are beginning a month of training at the Marine Corps Air Station in Beaufort.
- The Latest: Pope Francis settles in for first night in US Updated: Sep-22-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments in Pope Francis' visit to the United States. All times local:
- US: military talks with Moscow tied to Syria political path Updated: Sep-22-15 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter is still unsure of Russia's military intentions in Syria but intends no further conversations unless Moscow agrees to participate in talks aimed at a political solution to the civil war, Carter's spokesman said Tuesday.
- Navy fighter jet crashes in California; pilot ejected safely Updated: Sep-21-15 11:49 pm
FRESNO, California - A Navy fighter jet crashed near a California military base Monday, but the pilot ejected and safely parachuted to the ground, authorities said.
- Arkansas governor forms group to draw military business Updated: Sep-21-15 4:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A month after an Arkansas factory lost a bid for a $6.75 billion contract to assemble military tactical vehicles, the governor has formed a group to help grow the state's military economy.
- Navy opens anti-submarine warfare training center in Groton Updated: Sep-21-15 2:56 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - The U.S. Navy on Monday formally opened a new training center at the Connecticut submarine base, which now once again has an admiral in residence.
- When the military needs snow, it goes to Florida Updated: Sep-20-15 12:33 pm
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Florida - Dressed in winter parkas, boots and gloves, engineers for Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company used trucks equipped with special sensors, computers and weights as they drove wide circles through a snow-packed field in 10-degree weather on a recent afternoon.
- Fire crews battle blaze at empty house near Air Force base Updated: Sep-19-15 6:05 pm
LAS VEGAS - Firefighters on Saturday battled intense smoke as they worked to put out a house fire near Nellis Air Force Base.
- Coast Guard: Teen free diver found, airlifted to hospital Updated: Sep-19-15 4:53 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - A 15-year-old boy who disappeared in the Atlantic after free diving with friends has been found.