- Pilot killed in fighter jet crash is identified Updated: Mar-09-14 1:53 am
- 2 Yemen soldiers killed in attack on army base Updated: Mar-08-14 2:43 pm
- Rediscovered trenches bring WWI to life in England Updated: Mar-07-14 4:22 am
- Dropped grenade probably caused Pendleton deaths Updated: Mar-06-14 4:47 pm
- Md. man to plead in no-show scam at Pa. Guard base Updated: Mar-06-14 3:07 pm
- Putin uses carrot and stick to dominate neighbors Updated: Mar-06-14 10:31 am
- Fort Carson brigade commander under investigation Updated: Mar-05-14 11:02 pm
- Airman found dead at FE Warren Air Force Base Updated: Mar-05-14 3:57 pm
- 4 Fort Knox schools to close with Army unit's exit Updated: Mar-05-14 3:26 pm
- Academic majors among Air Force Academy cuts Updated: Mar-05-14 2:38 pm
- Va. panel on military base closings issues report Updated: Mar-05-14 11:48 am
- Army Cadet Command gets new leader Updated: Mar-05-14 4:06 am
- Air Force Academy to cut 99 jobs, 10 majors Updated: Mar-04-14 8:52 pm
- Defiant Putin drops cool demeanor in Ukraine talk Updated: Mar-04-14 5:17 pm
- Ukrainians soldiers caught in the middle in Crimea Updated: Mar-04-14 3:18 pm
- Air Force Academy begins another cheating probe Updated: Mar-04-14 2:17 pm
- Russia says Yanukovych requested troops in Crimea Updated: Mar-03-14 10:01 pm
- Crisis in Crimea sharply divides small town Updated: Mar-03-14 6:28 pm
- Invasion of Ukraine isn't Putin's only option Updated: Mar-03-14 5:23 pm
- A look at Russian, Ukrainian militaries Updated: Mar-03-14 4:05 pm
- Navy releases some personnel early due to weather Updated: Mar-03-14 2:26 pm
- Museum at Hill Air Force Base to downsize Updated: Mar-02-14 7:11 pm
- NASA's Calif. center renamed for Neil Armstrong Updated: Mar-01-14 1:37 pm
- Juneau mom to be profiled in book Updated: Mar-01-14 5:10 am
- Unknown package investigated at Air Force Academy Updated: Feb-27-14 10:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - The military pilot killed in a fighter jet crash during a training exercise in Nevada has been identified as Marine Capt. Reid Nannen.
SANAA, Yemen - Suspected al-Qaida militants fired rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machineguns at a military base in southern Yemen on Saturday, killing two soldiers guarding its gate, a senior military official said.
GOSPORT, England - Two lines of trenches face off across No Man's Land. A soldier marches, rifle in hand, along a ditch. These are instantly familiar images of World War I - but this is Britain, a century on and an English Channel away from the battlefields of the Western Front.
CAMP PENDLETON, California - A dropped or kicked grenade was the "most probable cause" of an explosion that killed four Marines during a training exercise last year at Camp Pendleton and a captain and master sergeant who were in charge were relieved of their duties, a base spokesman said Thursday.
PITTSBURGH - A former civilian contractor who worked at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland is scheduled to plead guilty to helping the vice commander of a base near Pittsburgh receive extra pay in exchange for getting the civilian a no-show job at the Pennsylvania base.
MOSCOW - As a counterweight to the European Union, Russia's Vladimir Putin is pursuing an ambitious dream rooted in memories of Soviet glory: The Eurasian Union.
FORT CARSON, Colorado - Fort Carson says the commander of one of its brigades has been temporarily relieved of duty during an investigation into allegations of unspecified violations of Army policy.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Authorities are investigating the death of an airman at F.E. Warren Air Force Base.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - With a combat brigade departing as part of military base realignment, Fort Knox will shutter four schools for the coming year as enrollment at the institutions drops.
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Air Force Academy plans to cut a third of the sergeants who oversee military training as part of an austerity plan that will cut 3 percent from its workforce and eliminate 10 academic majors at the school, but the academy proposals do not include a reduction in the 4,000-member cadet wing or the elimination of sports teams.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A state commission created to soften the blow of military base closings in Virginia is proposing cooperation over confrontation, a tack that is finding little political support.
FORT KNOX, Kentucky - The U.S. Army Cadet Command at Fort Knox will get a new leader.
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Air Force Academy says it will cut 99 jobs and eliminate 10 academic majors as the Defense Department reduces overall spending.
MOSCOW - In some ways, the venue Vladimir Putin chose and the emotional lecture he gave the world about Russia's actions in Ukraine said it all.
BELBEK, Ukraine - For Ukrainian soldiers in Crimea, it's a bewildering time.
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Air Force Academy in Colorado was investigating whether 40 freshman cadets cheated in a chemistry class by copying portions of a lab assignment.
UNITED NATIONS - Ukraine's fugitive president requested Russian soldiers in the strategic Crimea region "to establish legitimacy, peace, law and order," Russia's U.N. ambassador said Monday, contradicting the president's own comments last week, while Ukraine's ambassador said 16,000 troops are now deployed there.
NOVO-OZERNE, Ukraine - For years, the little Crimean town was closed off from the rest of the world, a secretive community, at the edge of a key Soviet naval base, sealed by roadblocks and armed guards.
MOSCOW - President Vladimir Putin knows there is little the West can do to get him to reverse his mobilization in Crimea, or to stop him from sending additional troops into other parts of Ukraine. But trade sanctions against Russia could be painful, and there are ways for him to get what he wants - keeping Ukraine from slipping out of his grasp - without ratcheting up the military pressure.
MOSCOW - Russia has effectively seized control of Ukraine's strategic Crimean peninsula without firing a shot, but many in Ukraine and elsewhere fear the Kremlin might follow up by sending troops into Russian-speaking regions of eastern Ukraine. Such a move could trigger open hostilities between the Russian and Ukrainian militaries. Here's a look at the two forces:
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy says its non-essential personnel in southeastern Virginia will operate on a two-hour delay on Tuesday due to winter weather.
HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah - The Hill Aerospace Museum at Utah's Hill Air Force Base is downsizing.
EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE, California - NASA's Southern California flight research center is being renamed in honor of astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to step on the moon during the Apollo 11 mission in 1969.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Most people are aware of the sacrifices wounded warriors make. But what some people may not realize is the sacrifices their mothers make.
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Air Force Academy has lifted an evacuation at one of its buildings after emergency responders investigated a suspicious package.