- 2 airmen killed during parachute training in Florida Updated: Aug-04-15 8:16 pm
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Florida - Air Force officials have released the names of two special forces airmen killed in a parachute training accident in the Florida Panhandle.
- Yemen pro-government troops retake rebel-held base in south Updated: Aug-04-15 2:12 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's pro-government troops fought pockets of resistance outside a key military base in the country's south Tuesday, a day after they seized it from Shiite rebels, military officials said.
- US begins armed drone flights from Turkey Updated: Aug-03-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. military is expanding its combat role in Syria in defense of coalition-backed rebels, conducting armed drone missions into Syria from an air base in Turkey and imposing new rules allowing the U.S. to defend rebels against attacks from any hostile force, including the Assad government.
- Mustard vapor detected at Blue Grass Army Depot Updated: Aug-03-15 3:21 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - A filter has been connected to an igloo at Blue Grass Army Depot where a mobile laboratory detected a low-level release of mustard vapor.
- Air National Guard base near Pittsburgh gets new commander Updated: Aug-03-15 9:34 am
IMPERIAL, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania Air National Guard base near Pittsburgh has a new commander.
- 2 military planes going to California to fight wildfires Updated: Aug-03-15 9:19 am
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado - Two Air Force Reserve firefighting planes are being sent to California to battle wildfires raging there.
- Big training exercise through mid-August at Camp Shelby Updated: Aug-02-15 6:55 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - About 500 active-duty soldiers from Texas are training with a National Guard unit from north Mississippi at Camp Shelby, a 134,000-acre National Guard training center in Hattiesburg.
- Event held in North Texas to recognize Vietnam veterans Updated: Aug-02-15 12:16 pm
WHITE SETTLEMENT, Texas - Vietnam War veterans waved to friends and family along a parade route in a North Texas town as part of a belated welcome-home event.
- Man attacked by bear at Joint Base Lewis-McChord Updated: Aug-01-15 8:41 pm
JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Washington - A man was attacked by a bear at the Joint Base Lewis-McChord, suffering minor injuries.
- New commanding officer takes over at Dover Air Force Base Updated: Aug-01-15 5:14 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The 512th Airlift Wing based at Dover Air Force Base has a new commanding officer.
- Oklahoma, Tulsa push for F-35 base at Tulsa International Updated: Aug-01-15 3:04 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - If state and local officials have their way, the Oklahoma Air National Guard base in Tulsa will become the newest home of the U.S. military's most expensive weapons system, the F-35 Lightning II.
- Standing desks starting to catch on at Robins Air Force Base Updated: Aug-01-15 12:58 pm
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia - Some workers at Robins are taking a stand for their health.
- Women command of South Mississippi Seabee, Air Force bases Updated: Jul-31-15 8:43 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - For the first time, the Seabee base in Gulfport and Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi are being led by women.
- Shaw Air Force Base site of command change for 9th Air Force Updated: Jul-31-15 4:10 am
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - Maj. Gen. Mark Kelly takes command of the 9th Air Force in a ceremony scheduled for Shaw Air Force Base.
- Turkey onslaught on Kurds, after IS attack, fuels anger Updated: Jul-30-15 3:31 pm
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - Just when it seemed Turkey was getting serious about the fight against IS, it has turned its military focus to pounding its old foe: the Kurdish rebels.
- Plans for Army base could include museum, amphitheater Updated: Jul-28-15 7:32 am
ATLANTA - Filmmaker Tyler Perry's plans for a sprawling movie studio at Fort McPherson may include an amphitheater and a museum, according to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi lifts boil water order Updated: Jul-28-15 7:31 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Naval Air Station Corpus Christi has lifted a boil water advisory after testing of supplies came back negative for contamination.
- Gov. Baker to lobby for Massachusetts military Updated: Jul-28-15 2:20 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is headed to Washington to make the case for the state's six military installations.
- 'Just the ticket': 4-star solution to nuclear Air Force ills Updated: Jul-27-15 2:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Working to reinvigorate its nuclear force after years of missteps and scandal, the Air Force is putting a four-star general in charge for the first time in the post-Cold War era. His mission: Restore institutional muscle and assert more influence on the force's behalf.
- North Dakota's Cold War-era radar station gets a facelift Updated: Jul-26-15 12:31 pm
CAVALIER AIR FORCE STATION, North Dakota - A military radar installation in remote northeastern North Dakota that was established more than 40 years ago to track enemy ballistic missiles in a time of tense international relations is moving its living and working conditions out of the Cold War era.
- Kansas sues US Army over Fort Riley food service contract Updated: Jul-24-15 2:16 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas is suing the U.S. Army, alleging that the military is trying to prevent the state from continuing to provide cafeteria service at Fort Riley, a contract worth about $1.1 million a year that it's received since 2006.
- Turkey allows US to use key air base to strike Islamic State Updated: Jul-24-15 12:04 am
WASHINGTON - Turkey has agreed to let the U.S. military launch airstrikes against the Islamic State from a key air base near the Syrian border, senior U.S. officials said Thursday, giving a boost to the U.S.-led coalition while drawing Turkey deeper into the conflict.
- Report details chronic problems at Army anthrax facility Updated: Jul-23-15 8:25 pm
NEW YORK - Pentagon officials released a report Thursday detailing recurring problems at an Army bioterror facility that accidentally sent live anthrax to other labs for more than a decade.
- Officials: Progress made cleaning up massive jet fuel spill Updated: Jul-23-15 3:52 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - State and federal officials are becoming increasingly confident they'll be able to clean up a massive plume of jet fuel at the edge of Albuquerque before it reaches drinking water wells.
- County to ask military for transfer of airport ownership Updated: Jul-23-15 3:06 am
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Florida - One Florida Panhandle county is asking the military to transfer ownership of its regional airport.