- The Latest: Turkey confirms shelling Kurds in Syria Updated: Feb-13-16 5:46 pm
BEIRUT - The Latest on the conflict in Syria as government troops, backed by Russian air power, continue to encircle rebel-held districts of the northern city of Aleppo (all times local):
- Syrian troops capture village near northern city of Aleppo Updated: Feb-13-16 5:26 pm
BEIRUT - Syrian government forces on Saturday captured another village near Aleppo, tightening the noose around rebel-held parts of the northern city, Syrian state TV and an opposition activist group said.
- Military bases among winners of $720M in conservation grants Updated: Feb-12-16 3:39 pm
FORT STEWART, Georgia - Military bases in three U.S. states will share $17.5 million in conservation funding to protect longleaf pine forests used for training troops while assisting the recovery of threatened species, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced Friday.
- Progress made to replace Offutt Air Force Base's bad runway Updated: Feb-12-16 3:37 pm
OFFUTT AIR FORCE BASE, Nebraska - A project to replace Offutt Air Force Base's crumbling runway appears to be moving forward, but key questions have yet to be answered.
- Diplomats aim for temporary Syria truce in a week Updated: Feb-12-16 1:37 am
MUNICH - Diplomats trying to secure a cease-fire for the civil war in Syria fell short early Friday in organizing a truce but agreed to try to work out details and implement a temporary "cessation of hostilities" in a week's time. The deal appeared to be the result of a compromise between the United States, which had wanted an immediate cease-fire, and Russia, which had proposed one to start on March 1.
- Lawmakers urge federal agency to build campus in Illinois Updated: Feb-11-16 4:08 pm
MASCOUTAH, Illinois - Members of Illinois' congressional delegation are appealing to the head of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in support of Scott Air Force Base's bid to host its new facility.
- Army's Fort Jackson holds basic training tour for public Updated: Feb-11-16 6:11 am
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - The deadline is approaching for people to tour Fort Jackson and get a soldier's-eye view of Army basic training.
- Rocket with defense payload launches from California Updated: Feb-10-16 2:30 pm
VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, California - A rocket carrying a U.S. national defense payload was successfully launched from California before dawn Wednesday, the Air Force said.
- Indonesia air force plane crashes into home; 4 dead Updated: Feb-10-16 7:21 am
MALANG, Indonesia - An Indonesian air force plane crashed into a house on the main island of Java on Wednesday, killing both people on board and two people in the house, a senior official said.
- Funding included for C-17 squadron at 911th Airlift Wing Updated: Feb-09-16 5:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - The budget sent by President Obama to Congress on Tuesday includes $85 million to establish a squadron of C-17 carbon planes at a western Pennsylvania Air Force base.
- Southern Arizona fire started by Air Force training grows Updated: Feb-09-16 2:06 pm
ARIVACA, Arizona - Firefighters in southern Arizona are battling a blaze that started during a training mission involving an airman from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
- Ellmers to Air Force: Prove Ft. Bragg doesn't need air wing Updated: Feb-09-16 9:51 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers wants the Air Force to prove it can cover Army airborne operations out of Fort Bragg without an airlift wing based there.
- Air Force training mission starts brush fire in Arivaca Updated: Feb-08-16 9:12 pm
ARIVACA, Arizona - Authorities are trying to contain a large brush fire near the southern Arizona town of Arivaca that reportedly was started by accident by a Davis-Monthan Air Force Base airman.
- $32.6M Selfridge jet fuel storage, delivery system planned Updated: Feb-08-16 7:36 am
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Officials say a new $32.6 million jet fuel storage and delivery system will be built at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in suburban Detroit.
- Malmstrom Air Base wins top ICBM award Updated: Feb-07-16 3:58 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The 341st Missile Wing at Malmstrom Air Force Base has been recognized as the best missile wing within U.S. Strategic Command.
- Senators decry decision downsizing Pope Field planes Updated: Feb-05-16 5:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's senators are decrying a decision that will leave Fort Bragg without any C-130s permanently based at the Army base.
- Minot Air Force Base economic impact estimated at $600M Updated: Feb-05-16 12:43 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot Air Force Base officials say the facility contributed nearly $600 million to the local economy last year.
- Barker part of Naval Air Station Corpus Christi anniversary Updated: Feb-05-16 11:23 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Former "The Price is Right" host Bob Barker will return to a Texas military installation where he became a Navy fighter pilot to help celebrate its 75th anniversary.
- JBLM team returns from somber mission in Delaware Updated: Feb-05-16 8:02 am
TACOMA, Washington - Airmen from Washington's Joint Base Lewis-McChord have regularly traveled to Delaware to help handle the bodies of slain military service members, but that task may be coming to an end.
- Air Force to shift refueling tankers to western NY base Updated: Feb-04-16 12:20 pm
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - Authorities say the U.S. Air Force will transfer eight KC-135 refueling aircraft to the Niagara Falls air base in a decision seen as important to the future of the facility.
- Ellsworth officials 'committed' to being good neighbors Updated: Feb-04-16 11:53 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Officials at Ellsworth Air Force Base in South Dakota say they're committed to being good neighbors to the pilots and communities in their newly expanded training zone.
- Army base: Tornado destroyed vehicles, displaced residents Updated: Feb-04-16 7:21 am
FORT STEWART, Georgia - Military officials at Fort Stewart say numerous vehicles were destroyed and 40 to 50 people were displaced from housing areas when a tornado touched down on the Army base in southeast Georgia.
- Ranchers ask for more Air Force flight information Updated: Feb-03-16 7:40 pm
A South Dakota livestock organization is petitioning U.S. Air Force officials to provide more information to ranchers who monitor their herds and land by air in a newly expanded training zone.
- Florida man admits to bribery at Georgia military base Updated: Feb-03-16 6:41 pm
ATLANTA - A Florida man has pleaded guilty to bribing a public official at a Georgia military base.
- Fort Sill to trim civilian jobs, some military positions Updated: Feb-03-16 4:51 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The U.S. Army artillery post in southwest Oklahoma is expected to trim civilian jobs and some military positions but still have a net gain of more than 400 active-duty military personnel by the end of next year.