- Pujols powering toward 500th homer Updated: Apr-21-14 3:21 am
- Canadiens grab 3-0 series lead with 3-2 win Updated: Apr-21-14 12:25 am
- Orioles can't hold 5-0 lead in 6-5 loss to Boston Updated: Apr-21-14 12:11 am
- Red Sox rally for 6-5 win over O's Updated: Apr-20-14 11:51 pm
- Rollins gets key hits, Phillies beat Rockies 10-9 Updated: Apr-20-14 10:17 pm
- Hardy leaves game with strained right hamstring Updated: Apr-20-14 9:44 pm
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros Updated: Apr-20-14 8:39 pm
- Red Sox remember Boston Marathon victims Updated: Apr-20-14 8:17 pm
- Bruins top Red Wings 4-1, even series at 1-1 Updated: Apr-20-14 7:53 pm
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win Updated: Apr-20-14 7:32 pm
- Walks cost Blue Jays in 6-4 loss Updated: Apr-20-14 7:12 pm
- Cards defense, bullpen falter in 3-2 loss to Nats Updated: Apr-20-14 7:12 pm
- Span's sacrifice fly in 9th lifts Nats over Cards Updated: Apr-20-14 7:03 pm
- Official: Keeper dies after Gabon soccer match Updated: Apr-20-14 6:47 pm
- Yankees' RHP Nova on DL due to elbow ligament tear Updated: Apr-20-14 4:05 pm
- Dodgers' Kershaw throws simulated game Updated: Apr-20-14 3:54 pm
- Mets demote Valverde, make Farnsworth their closer Updated: Apr-20-14 1:24 pm
- Broncos gather for 1st time since Super Bowl flop Updated: Apr-20-14 1:12 pm
- Eaton leaves White Sox' 6-3 loss to Rangers Updated: Apr-20-14 12:41 am
- Phillies woes continue in loss to Rockies Updated: Apr-19-14 11:54 pm
- Nova hit hard, injures elbow in Yankees' 16-1 loss Updated: Apr-19-14 11:50 pm
- Warriors beat Clippers 109-105 in playoff opener Updated: Apr-19-14 8:23 pm
- Rangers place OF Adduci on DL, recall INF Sardinas Updated: Apr-19-14 7:44 pm
- White Sox put Paulino on DL with rotator cuff Updated: Apr-19-14 7:42 pm
- Cavani fires PSG to League Cup title Updated: Apr-19-14 6:33 pm
DETROIT - Albert Pujols is closing in on his 500th homer and joining a prestigious club. More important for the Los Angeles Angels, he's looking like his powerful self again.
MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens looked as if they would cruise to an easy win when Rene Bourque scored only 11 seconds into the game.
BOSTON - A five-run lead wasn't enough to save Baltimore from a series of late defensive blunders.
BOSTON - Dustin Pedroia started fast, stopped and then raced home with the winning run. It certainly was an adventurous way to end a game.
DENVER - Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard led the way out of the Philadelphia Phillies' offensive slump.
BOSTON - Baltimore shortstop J. J. Hardy left Sunday night's game against the Boston Red Sox after six innings with a strained right hamstring.
OAKLAND, California - On a day when his fastball didn't have much bite and his breaking pitches were flat, Jesse Chavez finally got the victory that had eluded him through the first two weeks of the season.
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox held an emotional 20-minute pregame ceremony honoring victims of the Boston Marathon bombings along with law enforcement officials, medical personnel, runners and race volunteers before Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Orioles.
BOSTON - Two power-play goals and stingy penalty killing ended the Boston Bruins' offensive drought and tied their playoff series.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Dean Anna wasn't nervous during a key at-bat in extra innings. He was enjoying it.
CLEVELAND - A successful road trip ended on a down note for the Toronto Blue Jays.
WASHINGTON - The Cardinals managed to score twice against Stephen Strasburg while starter Shelby Miller kept the Nationals offense quiet. Nine outs away from taking yet another series from Washington, St. Louis' defense and bullpen couldn't finish the job.
WASHINGTON - Denard Span's approach with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning proves math pays off.
LIBREVILLE, Gabon - A team official says a goalkeeper has died after being kicked in the head during a championship tournament match in the West African country of Gabon.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - New York Yankees right-hander Ivan Nova has a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow, an injury that often requires Tommy John surgery.
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw was back on the Dodger Stadium mound Sunday - in a simulated game that was the next step in his recovery from a strained muscle in his upper back.
NEW YORK - Three weeks into the season, the New York Mets are trying their third closer.
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - No trip to the White House, diamond-encrusted rings or ticker tape parade.
DENVER - Not even hitter-friendly Coors Field could snap the Philadelphia Phillies out of their offensive funk.
LOS ANGELES - The Golden State Warriors stumbled out of the gate, missing their first eight shots while falling behind by 11 points and forcing coach Mark Jackson to call two timeouts to steady his young team.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Chicago White Sox right-hander Felipe Paulino was put on the disabled list Saturday because of right rotator cuff inflammation.
PARIS - Edinson Cavani scored twice to fire Paris Saint-Germain to a 2-1 win over Lyon in the French League Cup final on Saturday.