- Dozier's two-run homer in 10th lifts Twins over Orioles 4-2 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:36 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Orioles' pitching staff had kept the Twins hitless for 21 consecutive batters with one out in the 10th. That streak ended decisively.
- Alvarez's RBI single in 9th lifts Pirates past Padres, 2-1 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:32 am
PITTSBURGH - Pedro Alvarez wasn't thinking about family matters with the game on the line.
- Padres beaten by manager's son-in-law in 2-1 loss to Pirates Updated: Jul-07-15 12:30 am
PITTSBURGH - The San Diego Padres' latest loss was more personal for interim manager Pat Murphy than other defeats.
- Dozier's two-run homer in 10th lifts Twins over Orioles 4-2 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:27 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Brian Dozier's All-Star campaign started out with a bang Monday night.
- West, Ginobili team up to help Spurs reload Updated: Jul-07-15 12:18 am
David West desperately wants his first NBA championship. Manu Ginobili couldn't resist going for his fifth.
- Braves win 5-3 to end Brewers' 8-game winning streak Updated: Jul-07-15 12:17 am
MILWAUKEE - Kelly Johnson homered and drove in three runs as the Atlanta Braves ended the Milwaukee Brewers' eight-game winning streak with a 5-3 victory Monday night.
- Carrasco struggles, Astros stop Indians 9-4 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:15 am
CLEVELAND - Indians pitcher Carlos Carrasco came within one out of throwing a no-hitter on July 1. His subsequent start didn't go nearly as well.
- Span, Escobar injured in Nationals' 3-2 loss to Reds Updated: Jul-06-15 11:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The defeat itself was tough enough to swallow. Losing the top two players in the batting order, well, that pretty much made the night a total loss for the Washington Nationals.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Suarez's homer breaks deadlock, Reds beat Nationals 3-2 Updated: Jul-06-15 11:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Eugenio Suarez could only watch and hope as the baseball headed toward the left-field foul pole.
- Frightening Daytona wreck puts NASCAR safety in spotlight Updated: Jul-06-15 9:51 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Riding bumper-to-bumper at nearly 200 mph, Austin Dillon was smack in the middle of a pack of cars headed to the checkered flag when he was suddenly sent on the ride of his life.
- Injured Yankees OF Ellsbury to be activated Wednesday Updated: Jul-06-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees say injured outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury is set to be activated before Wednesday night's game against Oakland.
- Pirates put Josh Harrison on 15-day DL with thumb injury Updated: Jul-06-15 5:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates third baseman and leadoff hitter Josh Harrison was placed on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a left thumb injury.
- The Latest: Gilles Simon reaches Wimbledon quarterfinals Updated: Jul-06-15 1:55 pm
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- McIlroy ruptures ligament in ankle while playing soccer Updated: Jul-06-15 11:38 am
LONDON - Rory McIlroy was on crutches Monday with an ankle injury from playing soccer, leaving in doubt the prospects of golf's No. 1 player defending his British Open title next week at St. Andrews.
- Minnesota Lynx back atop the Western Conference Updated: Jul-06-15 9:44 am
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Lynx were the preseason favorite to win the Western Conference and a third WNBA title in five seasons. Until this week, they were looking up in the standings.
- Sky diver plunges into water, saved by cutting-edge surgery Updated: Jul-06-15 8:50 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A veteran sky diver is recovering from injuries after jumping from a helicopter above the Lake of the Pines at a Fourth of July celebration.
- A-Rod deserves All-Star consideration Updated: Jul-06-15 3:35 am
A-Rod the All-Star?
- Kyle Busch brushes wall in 1st Daytona race since crash Updated: Jul-06-15 3:19 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Kyle Busch hit another wall at Daytona International Speedway.
- Lewis, Rangers pummeled again as Angels finish sweep, 12-6 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:43 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Colby Lewis doesn't plan to dwell on a bad start that capped a miserable weekend for the Texas rotation.
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am
- Pujols hits 25th HR, Angels finish sweep of Rangers 12-6 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:17 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Albert Pujols probably didn't need to pad his AL home run lead to have a chance to join teammate Mike Trout in the starting lineup for the All-Star game.
- Diamondbacks lose 6-4 to Rockies after comeback falls short Updated: Jul-05-15 8:53 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were able to hang around to set up the ideal scenario: Paul Goldschmidt at the plate with the game on the line.
- Tulowitzki's homer leads Rockies to 6-4 win over D-backs Updated: Jul-05-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss watched Troy Tulowitzki just miss a couple of pitches against Arizona on Saturday night and knew his star player would connect with one soon.
- Dodgers stumble to 8-0 loss against Mets, drop series Updated: Jul-05-15 8:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - So much for Mike Bolsinger being dominant at home for the Los Angeles Dodgers.