- Video blows California Lottery investigator's cover Updated: May-04-15 10:41 pm
PALMDALE, California - Surveillance video has blown the cover of a California Lottery investigator who posed as a winner and was short-changed by thousands of dollars at a Palmdale gas station.
- Mega Millions lottery ticket sold in Deadwood worth $15,000 Updated: May-04-15 11:24 am
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - A Mega Millions ticket sold in Deadwood is worth $15,000 in the latest drawing.
- Powerball, Lotto, Easy 5 jackpots all rising for Wednesday Updated: May-03-15 11:49 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Lottery Corp. says nobody won the top prizes in three big weekend drawings. That means jackpots are going up for Powerball, Lotto and Easy 5.
- 7 Fantasy 5 players each win $38,699.20 jackpot Updated: May-03-15 9:11 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Seven "Fantasy 5" players have selected all five winning numbers to win a jackpot of $38,699 each.
- 16 co-workers at New York company split $58M lottery jackpot Updated: Apr-30-15 8:59 pm
NEW YORK - Sixteen co-workers at a New York City biopharmaceuticals company have won a $58 million Mega Millions jackpot.
- Man turns in $1 million lottery ticket - dusted with flour Updated: Apr-30-15 11:42 am
DETROIT - A postal worker says he couldn't eat or sleep for three days because of something in a container of flour.
- W.Va. Lottery revenue up in March, down for fiscal year Updated: Apr-30-15 9:34 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Lottery revenue is down from the previous fiscal year, despite an 8 increase in March.
- Lottery tickets sold in Kadoka, Pierre worth thousands Updated: Apr-27-15 11:53 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Hot Lotto ticket sold in Kadoka is worth $9,000 and a Wild Card 2 ticket sold in Pierre is worth $6,000 in Saturday's drawings.
- No Lotto jackpot winner; top prize rises to $3 million Updated: Apr-26-15 10:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - No tickets matched all six winning Florida Lotto numbers, so the jackpot now rises to $3 million.
- Man gets coffee, doughnut - and $250,000 lottery windfall Updated: Apr-25-15 4:04 am
JACKSON, Michigan - A man who stopped at a store called the Minnow Bucket in Jackson walked out with a whopper.
- Former Georgia Lottery official files whistleblower lawsuit Updated: Apr-23-15 6:49 pm
ATLANTA - A former official for the Georgia Lottery was fired after he refused to present inflated sales projections to the lottery board, he said in a whistleblower lawsuit filed this week.
- Lonoke man wins $1 million in Arkansas lottery Updated: Apr-23-15 5:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas lottery officials say a Lonoke man has won $1 million playing the lottery.
- C. Indiana trio charged with stealing $2M lottery ticket Updated: Apr-23-15 4:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A scam to claim a $2 million Hoosier Lottery scratch-off ticket has landed a central Indiana man, his wife and his brother behind bars facing charges including theft, fraud and forgery.
- Iowa Lottery CEO tells lawmakers that state law halted fraud Updated: Apr-23-15 2:33 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The head of the Iowa Lottery has reiterated to lawmakers that state law prevented the illegal payout of a multimillion-dollar Hot Lotto ticket.
- Mega Millions ticket worth $1M sold in Henrico County Updated: Apr-23-15 3:05 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Lottery says a Mega Millions ticket worth $1 million was sold in Henrico County.
- State cutting 6 lottery jobs to save about $400K Updated: Apr-22-15 12:03 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - State officials say about $400,000 will be saved from the elimination of six Arkansas Scholarship Lottery jobs.
- Powerball jackpot won in Puerto Rico; La Lotto rolls over Updated: Apr-19-15 2:07 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A ticket sold in Puerto Rico claimed the $50 million multi-state Powerball jackpot Saturday, while nobody won the $450,000 Louisiana Lotto drawing.
- Oilers win NHL draft lottery and chance to select McDavid Updated: Apr-18-15 10:08 pm
The Edmonton Oilers won the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.
- Lucky Money jackpot rises to $1 million Updated: Apr-18-15 10:07 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - No tickets matched all four "Lucky Money" numbers plus the Lucky Ball, bringing the next jackpot to $1 million.
- Cowboy Draw has first jackpot Updated: Apr-17-15 9:59 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Someone has hit the first jackpot in the Wyoming Lottery's Cowboy Draw game.
- Va. Beach woman claims $3M lottery prize Updated: Apr-17-15 3:11 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A Virginia Beach woman has claimed a $3 million prize in the Virginia Lottery.
- Correction: Georgia Lotto Proceeds story Updated: Apr-16-15 4:04 pm
ATLANTA - In a story April 15 about Georgia Lottery proceeds, The Associated Press reported erroneously when the Georgia Lottery provided money to fund education programs. Georgia Lottery provided the money in the third quarter of fiscal year 2015 - which ran Jan. 1 to March 31 - not the third quarter of fiscal year 2014.
- Miles City man, Wal-Mart employees claim lottery prizes Updated: Apr-14-15 11:41 am
HELENA, Montana - A Miles City man has claimed a $40,000 Montana Cash jackpot while a group of Helena Wal-Mart employees are splitting a $10,000 Powerball prize.
- Mystery lottery case delayed, lotteries heighten security Updated: Apr-13-15 5:43 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The fraud trial for a former lottery worker accused of fixing the Hot Lotto game in an attempt to win a $14 million jackpot was delayed Monday, but officials said the case has prompted them to heighten security.
- Powerball lottery ticket sold in Yankton worth $10,000 Updated: Apr-13-15 7:30 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - A Powerball ticket sold in Yankton is worth $10,000.