- Florida Lottery secretary resigns, Scott appoints interim Updated: Aug-28-15 6:59 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Lottery Secretary Cynthia O'Connell abruptly resigned on Friday amid questions about her travel, spending and work habits.
- Lottery winners don't get largesse, but get left out Updated: Aug-28-15 6:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Big-time Illinois Lottery winners aren't getting the largesse. They're getting left out.
- 2 Fantasy 5 players wins jackpot worth $104,240,13 Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Two "Fantasy 5" players have selected all five winning numbers to each take home a jackpot of $104,240.13 each.
- Audit: Oregon Lottery can't detect illegal casinos Updated: Aug-27-15 3:05 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A state audit says the Oregon Lottery is unable to detect businesses that may be using video poker machines to operate as illegal casinos.
- Sriracha-scented tickets spice up new Nebraska Lottery game Updated: Aug-27-15 12:49 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Lottery says it will be selling Sriracha-scented scratch tickets as part of a new $2 scratch game.
- Internet sales of Minnesota lottery tickets coming to halt Updated: Aug-27-15 12:02 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's lottery is primed to pull the plug on ticket sales over the Internet.
- No big winners in Wednesday's lottery drawings Updated: Aug-27-15 5:22 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Lottery Corporation says nobody won the two major jackpots in the Louisiana Lotto and multistate Powerball drawings on Wednesday night.
- Kootenai retiree wins $200,000 from lottery scratch ticket Updated: Aug-25-15 5:13 am
BOISE, Idaho - A retiree from Kootenai has claimed the final top prize from the Idaho Lottery's Super Cashword scratch game.
- 1 Lotto winner takes $10M top prize Updated: Aug-23-15 6:51 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Lottery officials say one ticket matched all six winning Florida Lotto numbers to claim the $10 million jackpot.
- Wyoming marks first year of selling lottery tickets Updated: Aug-23-15 1:08 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A year after the first lottery ticket was sold in the state, the Wyoming lottery is a winner in the eyes of some and a disappointment those still waiting for a payoff.
- Virginia Beach man wins big - again - in lottery scratch-off Updated: Aug-22-15 5:25 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A Virginia Beach man has claimed his second big winnings in a Virginia Lottery scratch-off game.
- Lucky Money jackpot rises to $550,000 Updated: Aug-22-15 10:34 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - No tickets matched all four "Lucky Money" numbers plus the Lucky Ball, bringing the next jackpot to $550,000.
- 19 hospital workers to share $1 million Powerball prize Updated: Aug-21-15 5:28 am
ST. LOUIS - A $1 million Powerball prize will be split 19 ways after a group of workers at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis shared a winning ticket for the Aug. 12 drawing.
- Men from Missoula, Winfred claim lottery prizes Updated: Aug-19-15 3:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Missoula man has claimed a record $410,000 Montana Cash jackpot while a man from Winifred won the second-tier prize in the Lucky for Life drawing.
- Jesup man claims $1 million Iowa Lottery prize Updated: Aug-18-15 10:11 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A 55-year-old Jesup man has claimed his $1 million prize from the Iowa Lottery.
- Governor urged to keep Virginia Lottery in downtown Richmond Updated: Aug-18-15 5:06 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A half-dozen elected officials from the Richmond region are urging Virgina Gov. Terry McAuliffe and lottery officials to keep the Virginia Lottery's headquarters and its 200 employees from moving away from downtown Richmond.
- New Jersey Lottery plugs new game with free tolls Updated: Aug-14-15 6:07 am
EGG HARBOR, New Jersey - Motorists are getting a free ride on the Atlantic City Expressway while the New Jersey Lottery promotes a new lottery game.
- Idaho woman wins major lottery prize twice in 3 months Updated: Aug-14-15 5:04 am
BOISE, Idaho - While most people would be lucky to win the lottery once, an Idaho Falls woman has collected her second big check from the Idaho Lottery in just three months.
- Bill allowing lottery ticket delivery goes to Christie Updated: Aug-13-15 4:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Residents who want lottery tickets sent to their doorsteps could have them delivered under a bill heading to Gov. Chris Christie.
- $1 million winner in Powerball out there somewhere Updated: Aug-13-15 10:37 am
ST. LOUIS - Someone who purchased a Powerball ticket at a St. Louis convenience store owns a ticket worth $1 million.
- La. lottery revenue grows, nearing $454 million last year Updated: Aug-13-15 4:10 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's lottery is raking in more cash from players.
- Uptick in lottery sales, but scholarship funds decline again Updated: Aug-12-15 3:28 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Lottery has reported that its revenue in July increased by an estimated $740,000 over a year ago to $31.6 million.
- Long Island mother-daughter split $7M in lottery winnings Updated: Aug-11-15 2:22 pm
SELDEN, New York - A Long Island mother and daughter are splitting $7 million in lottery winnings.
- Judge hears Cheyenne man's request to dismiss lottery case Updated: Aug-10-15 8:28 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A state judge said Monday he intends to rule soon on a Cheyenne man's request to dismiss a lawsuit the Wyoming Lottery Corporation filed against him early this year alleging he tried to sabotage its relationships with national lottery organizations.
- Cops: Police official tried to cash in stolen lottery ticket Updated: Aug-10-15 2:38 pm
WINDSOR LOCKS, Connecticut - The chairman of a Connecticut police commission has resigned after being charged in Florida with trying to cash in a winning $520,000 lottery ticket that was reported stolen by his niece.