- Carter's cancer rekindles memories of 1980 Olympic boycott Updated: Aug-29-15 3:13 am
ATLANTA - Thirty-five years after his hopes for a gold medal were dashed by Jimmy Carter's boycott of the Moscow Olympics, Craig Beardsley is at peace.
- Judge blocks union from beaming messages onto Icahn casinos Updated: Aug-27-15 5:59 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A New Jersey judge on Thursday banned an Atlantic City union from using a light projector to beam critical messages onto the exterior walls of casinos owned or about to be owned by billionaire Carl Icahn.
- Symmonds boycott shines light on cash, sponsorship in track Updated: Aug-21-15 2:51 am
BEIJING - Almost as important as how fast the U.S. athletes run this week at world championships is how they look doing it.
- Spanish festival backtracks, re-invites Jewish singer Updated: Aug-19-15 4:12 pm
MADRID - Following a barrage of criticism, organizers of an international reggae festival in Spain backtracked Wednesday and apologized for cancelling a concert by Jewish-American singer Matisyahu because he had declined to state his position regarding a Palestinian state.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: GOP holds panel vote in lunchroom Updated: Aug-05-15 3:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Over the protests of boycotting Democrats, a Senate GOP-controlled panel Wednesday approved legislation designed to block the Obama administration from implementing tough new standards on greenhouse gas emissions from power plants.