- Common Core testing begins Monday in La. public schools Updated: Apr-25-16 1:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - About 300,000 public school students are taking tests this week tied to the Common Core education standards without the boycotts or heated political rhetoric that marked the testing last year.
- Croatia holds WWII death camp commemoration despite boycott Updated: Apr-22-16 11:14 am
JASENOVAC, Croatia - Croatian government has held a commemoration ceremony at the site of a notorious World War II death camp despite a boycott by the Jewish and Serb communities in protest over alleged inaction to curb the surge of neo-Nazi sentiment in the country.
- Backers of mosque in Mukilteo protest Boeing supplier Updated: Apr-16-16 1:30 pm
MUKILTEO, Washington - A group seeking to open a mosque in Mukilteo is calling for a boycott of a Boeing supplier, saying the company's owner is promoting anti-Muslim bias. The group wants Boeing to end its relationship with Mukilteo-based aerospace supplier Electroimpact Inc.
- High school debate teams to boycott tourney at Liberty U. Updated: Apr-15-16 6:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Some northern Virginia high school debate teams plan to boycott state championships at Liberty University after remarks the college's president made about Muslims.
- High school debate teams to boycott tourney at Liberty U. Updated: Apr-15-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Some northern Virginia high school debate teams are planning to boycott state championships at Liberty University after remarks the college's president made about Muslims.
- Market boycott due to LGBT law could hurt state's economy Updated: Apr-15-16 5:13 pm
HIGH POINT, North Carolina - Furniture retailer Ron Werner usually spends $2 million a year at North Carolina's gargantuan, semiannual furniture market, but he's skipping this week's event.
- Israeli minister urges McDonald's boycott for health reasons Updated: Apr-12-16 1:48 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's health minister has called on the country to downsize its consumption of junk food and boycott McDonald's.
- Firefighters planned to boycott opening day at McCoy Stadium Updated: Apr-08-16 4:12 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Although the game was rained out, Pawtucket firefighters say they had planned to boycott opening day at McCoy Stadium over the looming closure of a fire station located nearby.
- Spike Lee premieres University of Missouri film near campus Updated: Apr-07-16 12:45 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Spike Lee documentary about protests at the University of Missouri this fall, which were spurred by what activists said was administrators' indifference to racial issues on campus, made its premiere Wednesday night at a theater near the campus.
- Group behind 2010 Arizona boycott considers new effort Updated: Apr-06-16 6:54 pm
PHOENIX - Latino and civil rights groups behind a 2010 boycott of Arizona designed to pressure the state into stopping anti-immigrant legislation on Wednesday said they are considering a renewed boycott because of a new series of legislative proposals.