- Montana wind farm owner sues California utility Updated: Dec-20-13 6:34 pm
- Vt.'s GMP says no 'base rate' increase for 2 years Updated: Dec-20-13 4:00 pm
- Japanese gov't to pay more for Fukushima cleanup Updated: Dec-20-13 8:18 am
- El Paso County commissioners approve wind farm Updated: Dec-20-13 8:05 am
- Work ongoing with Detroit, suburbs on water deal Updated: Dec-20-13 7:33 am
- Feds detail New Mexico's energy profile Updated: Dec-20-13 5:43 am
- Feds give OK; NV Energy-MidAmerica sale complete Updated: Dec-19-13 7:27 pm
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles Updated: Dec-19-13 5:17 pm
- Ohio pre-positioning, tracking emergency resources Updated: Dec-19-13 4:57 pm
- OPPD won't increase electricity rates next year Updated: Dec-19-13 1:49 pm
- Direct Energy selling 3 Texas plants to Blackstone Updated: Dec-19-13 12:43 pm
- Ohio high court upholds wind farm's development Updated: Dec-19-13 7:28 am
- Portland-area water rates to rise 3 percent Updated: Dec-19-13 5:55 am
- Entergy hands off control of power grid to MISO Updated: Dec-19-13 4:34 am
- UALR testing backup generator for campus Updated: Dec-19-13 3:43 am
- Cheap hydropower to create 643 jobs in western NY Updated: Dec-19-13 3:07 am
- Regulators say ComEd may boost distribution rates Updated: Dec-18-13 7:19 pm
- Commission approves PNM's renewable energy plan Updated: Dec-18-13 6:34 pm
- Heitkamp criticizes renewable fuel proposal Updated: Dec-18-13 5:59 pm
- APCo seeks transmission rate increase in Va Updated: Dec-18-13 4:47 pm
- Correction: Wyoming Wind Farm story Updated: Dec-18-13 12:41 pm
- 2 sentenced in failed theft that caused W.Va. leak Updated: Dec-18-13 11:41 am
- Lawsuit dismissed after PPL releases plant data Updated: Dec-18-13 11:33 am
- Danish Vestas in major wind turbine deal with Enel Updated: Dec-18-13 5:25 am
- NM utility unveils newest solar energy center Updated: Dec-18-13 5:20 am
HELENA, Montana - The owner of a Montana wind farm and one of its investors are suing each other.
RUTLAND, Vermont - Vermont's largest electric utility says its customers won't be seeing any increases in their base rate for power for at least two years.
TOKYO - Japan's government announced Friday that it will increase the amount of money it is providing to the operator of the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant to step up cleanup and decommissioning efforts.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Southern Colorado will soon be home to 150 new wind turbines, but not everyone is happy.
DETROIT - Suburban Detroit officials don't expect to meet a deadline for reaching an agreement on the future of the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Federal energy experts say New Mexico's petroleum and natural gas production make the state the third largest net energy supplier to the nation and there's substantial potential when it comes to solar, wind and geothermal energy.
LAS VEGAS - The sale of Nevada's main electric utility to an Iowa company controlled by billionaire investor Warren Buffett was declared a done deal Thursday, after federal regulators gave their approval.
CHICAGO - Chicago's mayor and the Illinois attorney general announced an agreement with an Indiana company Thursday that will require it to remove huge piles of petroleum coke from the city's southeast side and accept no other shipments for the time being.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state is trying to better prepare for events such as damaging storms and power failures by pre-positioning several large generators around Ohio, improving tracking of such resources and creating teams of employees who can respond when communities say they need help, even if an emergency isn't statewide, officials said Thursday.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Customers of the Omaha Public Power District won't see their electricity rates increase next year.
HOUSTON - Direct Energy has announced plans to sell its three natural gas-fired power plants in Texas to asset manager firm Blackstone in a $685 million cash deal.
MANSFIELD, Ohio - The state Supreme Court has upheld the development of a 91-turbine wind farm in north-central Ohio, rejecting opponents' arguments that they were denied due process rights.
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland-area water rates are going up and officials are beginning an advertising campaign to explain why the increase is necessary to preserve clean drinking water.
JACKSON, Mississippi - There's a new traffic cop directing electricity flows to 2.8 million power customers in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is making progress in its effort to have a backup electric generator in place to power the entire campus.
ALBANY, New York - The New York Power Authority board of trustees has approved allocations of low-cost hydropower to three businesses in western New York.
CHICAGO - Electricity customers in northern Illinois will see higher bills next year after the Illinois Commerce Commission on Wednesday said Commonwealth Edison may increase the amount it charges to distribute power.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - State regulators have approved a plan by New Mexico's largest electric utility to build three more solar power plants next year and add more wind-generated power in 2015.
WASHINGTON - Sen. Heidi Heitkamp on Wednesday criticized the Obama administration for a proposal that would reduce the amount of ethanol in the nation's fuel supply.
ROANOKE, Virginia - Appalachian Power is asking Virginia regulators to increase the amount it charges its customers for its electric transmission costs.
SARATOGA, Wyoming - In a story Dec. 18 about a public hearing on ways to minimize the number of eagles killed by a major wind farm project, The Associated Press reported erroneously the location of the hearing. It was held in Saratoga, not Sarasota.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two men are headed to prison for participating in a failed theft that caused an ammonia leak in Kanawha County.
HELENA, Montana - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit over the release of data from the Colstrip power plant after the parties reached a settlement agreement.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's troubled turbine maker Vestas A/S says it has received a U.S. order for 175 wind turbines from Enel Green Power North America, Inc.
LA LUZ, New Mexico - The state's largest electric utility has unveiled its newest solar power plant in southern New Mexico.