- Environmental groups slam Pa. smog proposal as lax Updated: Apr-16-14 6:22 pm
- NC governor proposes new coal ash plan after spill Updated: Apr-16-14 4:59 pm
- Fermi 2 nuclear plant shuts for fix to transformer Updated: Apr-16-14 4:11 pm
- Officials gather in ND to discuss new EPA rules Updated: Apr-16-14 4:06 pm
- Cool, wet spring may ease western Plains drought Updated: Apr-16-14 12:29 pm
- No criminal charges for 2 ex-leaders at LR utility Updated: Apr-16-14 11:49 am
- NC water authority to settle lawsuits Updated: Apr-16-14 7:49 am
- Schumer opens NY's new utility control center Updated: Apr-16-14 3:05 am
- Va regs set hearings on Appalachian Power rates Updated: Apr-16-14 2:34 am
- Southern agrees to coal research with Chinese firm Updated: Apr-15-14 5:46 pm
- Cracked river dam can handle migrating fish Updated: Apr-15-14 5:31 pm
- Senators back state management of carbon emissions Updated: Apr-15-14 4:28 pm
- Court upholds EPA emission standards Updated: Apr-15-14 4:08 pm
- Manchin urges mines to speak out about coal Updated: Apr-15-14 3:46 pm
- Pa. man admits to tampering with electric meters Updated: Apr-15-14 3:07 pm
- Md. probes energy suppliers amid cost complaints Updated: Apr-15-14 1:22 pm
- German company starts gas deliveries to Ukraine Updated: Apr-15-14 11:12 am
- Dominion plans new North Anna seismic risk study Updated: Apr-15-14 7:32 am
- W.Va. utility: 2 changed filters show no chemical Updated: Apr-14-14 5:45 pm
- Regulators: No interruption after utilities hacked Updated: Apr-14-14 4:05 pm
- ConocoPhillips to resume Kenai LNG shipments Updated: Apr-14-14 1:46 pm
- Couple gets $1.3M in wind turbine settlement Updated: Apr-14-14 1:37 pm
- 2 southern New Jersey nuclear plants offline Updated: Apr-14-14 8:47 am
- Western NY town checked out by wind farm company Updated: Apr-14-14 3:04 am
- Cost of fighting warming 'modest,' says UN panel Updated: Apr-13-14 5:46 pm
Environmental groups say Pennsylvania's federally mandated plan to reduce smog would allow coal-fired power plants to emit more pollution than they do now.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's governor says he will propose new legislation aimed at strengthening government oversight of coal ash dumps following the massive spill at a Duke Energy plant that coated 70 miles of the Dan River in toxic sludge.
FRENCHTOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - DTE Energy Co. says it's shut down the Fermi 2 nuclear power plant to replace one of the two main transformers.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple on Wednesday signaled a potential legal challenge to proposed federal rules aimed at cutting carbon dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants and oil refineries.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A spring forecast of above-average rainfall in parts of the Plains region is raising hopes for a break in drought conditions plaguing much of the area.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two formers leaders at the Little Rock Wastewater Utility won't face criminal charges after a manager was allowed to live rent-free in his mobile home on utility property, prosecutors have decided.
RANDLEMAN, North Carolina - A water authority in Randleman has decided to settle a legal fight with the owners of seven hydroelectric plants for more than $2 million.
RENSSELAER, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer has formally opened the state's new high-tech utility control center near Albany that aims to improve the efficiency of the state's electrical grid.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia regulators have scheduled hearings on rates that Appalachian Power charges customers for generation, distribution, and transmission services.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Southern Co. says it has signed a deal with a state-owned Chinese coal and energy company to work together to develop coal technologies, based in part on the coal gasification and carbon capture technology that Southern subsidiary Mississippi Power Co. is deploying at the $5 billion Kemper County power plant.
SPOKANE, Washington - Modifications on the cracked Wanapum Dam will allow migrating salmon to pass through the structure starting this week on their journey to spawning grounds, the Grant County Public Utility District said Tuesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana could have its own, less stringent plan for implementing the Environmental Protection Agency's limits on carbon dioxide emissions, under a proposal that got the approval Tuesday of the Senate Environmental Quality Committee.
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld the Environmental Protection Agency's first emission standards for mercury and other hazardous air pollutants from coal- and oil-fired power plants.
DENVER - The Democratic senator leading the battle against the White House's strategy to fight climate change urged the mining industry on Tuesday to speak out about coal's role in providing affordable, reliable electricity to the country to help combat strict new emissions rules for coal-fired power plants.
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A Philadelphia man has admitted to tampering with utility meters in the city and suburbs, reducing the monthly electrical bills for more than two dozen PECO customers.
BALTIMORE - The Maryland Public Service Commission says it's investigating five retail energy suppliers amid customer complaints about high gas and electricity bills last winter.
BERLIN - German utility company RWE said Tuesday it has started sending natural gas to Ukraine, a move that could support the country if Russia acts on its threat to cut off supplies because of a massive debt for past deliveries.
MINERAL, Virginia - Dominion Virginia Power's North Anna nuclear power plant will undergo a new seismic risk assessment.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The water company impacted by a January chemical spill says water treated with two replaced filters shows no chemical contamination.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Electric, natural gas and major water companies and regional distribution systems in Connecticut have been penetrated by hackers and other cyber attackers, but defenses have prevented interruption, state utility regulators said Monday in their first report on cyber security.
NIKISKI, Alaska - ConocoPhillips says it will resume exports of liquefied natural gas from a Kenai Peninsula facility.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A Vermont couple whose Northeast Kingdom farm became a focal point in the fight against construction of a 21-turbine industrial wind project on Lowell Mountain said Monday that they were selling their 540-acre farm to Green Mountain Power for $1.3 million.
LOWER ALLOWAYS CREEK, New Jersey - Two of the three nuclear reactors at a southern New Jersey complex are offline.
SOMERSET, New York - Town officials in a western New York community on the shore of Lake Ontario say a Virginia company is talking to landowners about leasing land for a large wind farm.
BERLIN - The cost of keeping global warming in check is "relatively modest," but only if the world acts quickly to reverse the buildup of heat-trapping gases in the atmosphere, the head of the U.N.'s expert panel on climate change said Sunday.