- Rapid City man ordered to stop selling medical devices Updated: Oct-09-15 11:36 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A federal judge has ruled that a retired Rapid City dentist must stop selling laser devices with the claim that they treat a large number of serious diseases and disorders.
- Experts question safety of Essure device linked to pain Updated: Sep-24-15 7:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A 13-year-old birth control implant came under new scrutiny Thursday as federal health experts discussed a host of problems reported by women implanted with the metallic device, including chronic pain, bleeding and fatigue.
- Bethel medical implant maker completes $8 million expansion Updated: Sep-18-15 5:02 pm
BETHEL, Connecticut - Memry Corp., a local manufacturer that produces medical implants and surgical instruments from super alloys, recently completed a major expansion that increased its capacity by a third.
- Couple pleads guilty to selling unapproved medical device Updated: Sep-15-15 11:44 pm
SAN DIEGO, Calif - A San Diego County couple has pleaded guilty in federal court to selling unapproved medical devices they claimed could treat cancer and AIDS.
- Medtronic gets approval for MRI-safe heart implant Updated: Sep-14-15 4:59 pm
NEW YORK - Medtronic said Monday that it has been cleared to market a heart defibrillator implant that can be safely used in an MRI scanner.