- Delaware lawmakers eye budget vote procedures Updated: Aug-27-15 6:02 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - Democratic leaders of the legislature's budget-writing committee don't seem interested in changing voting requirements for passage of the state's annual spending plan.
- Airbus donates $500K aircraft part to SD School of Mines Updated: Aug-27-15 2:28 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An aircraft manufacturer has donated a 20-foot-long airplane part valued at $500,000 to the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology to support education and research efforts.
- Indian corporation gives $35 million to Carnegie Mellon Updated: Aug-25-15 4:01 pm
PITTSBURGH - A global information technology services firm is giving Carnegie Mellon University $35 million to fund a new research and education facility.
- Official peeved over ethics vote takes it out on charities Updated: Aug-21-15 2:32 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Frederick County councilman known for peevish behavior is protesting the tightening of local ethics rules by halting his company's charitable donations to community organizations.
- 'Dark money' case puts AG Paxton's office against big donor Updated: Aug-20-15 12:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An ethics investigation into an influential conservative group has brought Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's office into court against a major donor who guaranteed a $1 million loan for his campaign last year.
- Lincoln offers $6.6M to help build company's new office Updated: Aug-16-15 12:08 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A software company's new $32.2 million seven-story headquarters being planned in Lincoln will receive $6.6 million in public money.
- Foundation raises $500K to send students to Catholic schools Updated: Aug-10-15 11:22 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Catholic Education Foundation has raised more than half a million dollars under a new state program to help children from low-income families attend private schools in northeast Kansas.
- Proceeds from 100 rifles to go to sick Kansas girl Updated: Aug-02-15 7:31 pm
WICHITA, Missouri - A gun manufacturer is donating the proceeds from 100 .22 rifles to raise money to help a southeastern Kansas girl with pulmonary hypertension pay for expenses related to her illness.
- Conservative donor Koch urges end to 'corporate cronyism' Updated: Aug-01-15 9:31 pm
DANA POINT, California - Billionaire industrialist and conservative political donor Charles Koch welcomed a group of roughly 450 like-minded fundraisers to one of his twice-annual conferences Saturday by challenging them to advocate for ending "corporate cronyism" - even if those policies help their businesses.