- Illinois volunteers catalog lost tornado documents Updated: Dec-09-13 5:13 pm
- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark Updated: Dec-09-13 3:07 pm
- Marion nature center treats injured wildlife Updated: Dec-09-13 4:13 am
- Fulton woman helps inmates prepare for GED Updated: Dec-08-13 1:04 pm
- Kan. program trains those who help the homeless Updated: Dec-07-13 1:20 pm
- Beatrice volunteers crochet beds using plastic Updated: Dec-07-13 12:20 pm
- Kokomo mayor thanks volunteers for aid after storm Updated: Dec-06-13 4:04 am
- Canal group wins historical society honor for work Updated: Dec-05-13 9:59 am
- Toys for Tots: woman on video in Pa. was volunteer Updated: Dec-04-13 1:29 pm
- Honduran computer 'geeks' check election tally Updated: Dec-03-13 3:47 pm
- Volunteers restoring forests destroyed by fires Updated: Dec-03-13 12:18 pm
- Hawaii medical volunteers to head to Philippines Updated: Dec-03-13 9:05 am
- Wyoming Game and Fish seeks hunter ed instructors Updated: Dec-03-13 7:04 am
- Fire departments give up taxes in new Tupelo areas Updated: Dec-03-13 4:19 am
- Va nonprofit offers computer programming workshop Updated: Dec-01-13 1:36 pm
- Maine Salvation Army seeks bell-ringing volunteers Updated: Dec-01-13 11:19 am
- Scout cleans up Frederick agency's backyard Updated: Dec-01-13 10:49 am
- Kingman students learn about budgets Updated: Dec-01-13 8:11 am
- Wash. nuclear engineer turns rescue volunteer Updated: Nov-30-13 5:55 pm
- Cuomo and his NY staffers help out on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-28-13 3:26 pm
- Volunteers to deliver holiday meals to seniors Updated: Nov-28-13 4:09 am
- In Thanksgiving message, Snyder urges volunteering Updated: Nov-27-13 6:38 pm
- SC free clinic model now replicated nationwide Updated: Nov-27-13 3:13 am
- Gillibrand volunteers in western NY for holidays Updated: Nov-25-13 3:06 am
- West Texas convalescent center gets 4-legged help Updated: Nov-24-13 1:52 pm
MORTON, Illinois - A central Illinois public library is working to reunite storm victims with their lost family documents that were scattered during last month's tornadoes.
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - Newtown officials asked for privacy and joined victims' families Monday in calling for people to mark the upcoming anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting by performing acts of kindness or volunteering with charities.
MARION TOWNSHIP, Michigan - They've been bitten, pecked at and pooped on by all sorts of birds and animals, but none of that ruffles the feathers of the volunteers at the Howell Conference and Nature Center.
FULTON, Mississippi - "In a lot of ways, going to jail can be a good thing," said Itawamba Learning Center volunteer Pat Thorn.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Lawrence program that helps the homeless is training its volunteers to detect whether any of the people it's assisting endured trauma as a child.
BEATRICE, Nebraska - A group of Beatrice residents have been meeting monthly for crochet sessions, but these women aren't making quilts.
KOKOMO, Indiana - The mayor of Kokomo is thanking volunteers who provided help after the central Indiana city was hit by two tornadoes and severe storms last month.
DELPHI, Indiana - Sounds of a chainsaw, hammers and men chiding each other fill the air in the Wabash & Erie Canal Park in this Carroll County city.
FAIRLESS HILLS, Pennsylvania - Officials from Toys for Tots say a woman seen on surveillance video picking up toys from a suburban Philadelphia store was one of their volunteers and not a thief.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Four Honduran computer programmers watching their country's dispute over the vote count in the hotly contested presidential race decided to check the results themselves, using the power of the Internet and its many users.
BASTROP, Texas - Volunteers by the dozens are helping to restore fire-ravaged pine forests in Central Texas after initial efforts stalled in the face of drought and hungry insects.
HONOLULU - A group of Hawaii doctors, nurses and other medical volunteers will be traveling to the Philippines to help typhoon victims.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking volunteers to teach hunter education classes.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Seven volunteer fire departments will give up taxes from Lee County residents who were annexed into Tupelo in 2012.
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - The front row of the most recent Let's Code class wasn't the kind of group you would expect to find studying together. There was a Virginia Tech student, a structural engineer, a few elementary students and an Internet programming expert.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Salvation Army is looking for Mainers to volunteer to ring bells and help with its annual red kettle campaign.
FREDERICK, Maryland - The Frederick Community Action Agency's backyard is clean and crime-free because of one teenager's project.
KINGMAN, Arizona - Eighth-graders in the Kingman Unified School District got an eye-opening reality check recently at the district's seventh Annual Reality Store, which teaches students about the financial facts of life.
BREMERTON, Washington - Mountain rescues are fraught with experiences most people try to avoid: cold, pain, exhaustion, danger, failure.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has joined volunteers who served thousands of Thanksgiving meals in Albany, while high-ranking members of his administration volunteered at holiday community events from Manhattan to Buffalo.
DETROIT - About 6,000 Thanksgiving dinners will be delivered to homebound senior citizens in the Detroit area.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder is challenging residents to give back as a volunteer.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - What began two decades ago on Hilton Head Island as a free clinic using retired physicians and volunteers to care for the working poor has become a model for dozens of similar clinics nationwide. There are now 96 Volunteers in Medicine Clinics in 29 states.
HOLLEY, New York - Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand will be serving lunch at a community center and putting together gift baskets in western New York as the holidays approach.
AMARILLO, Texas - Sophie may not be an official Plum Creek Health Care Center employee, but she does have her own employee ID card.