- Defending champion Czechs edge Swiss to reach Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-17-16 5:14 pm
LUCERNE, Switzerland - Two-time defending champion the Czech Republic advanced to the Fed Cup final after edging Switzerland 3-2 on Sunday, sealing victory in a decisive doubles rubber against Martina Hingis and unheralded Swiss star Viktorija Golubic.
- Belarus beats Russia to move into World Group Updated: Apr-17-16 3:56 pm
MOSCOW - Belarus secured its place in the World Group of the Fed Cup for the first time when Aliaksandra Sasnovich rallied to beat Russia's Margarita Gasparyan 4-6, 6-1, 7-5 on Sunday.
- Germany beats Romania in Fed Cup World Group playoff Updated: Apr-17-16 3:29 pm
CLUJ,Romania - Angelique Kerber fought off Simona Halep to clinch a 6-2, 6-2 win while Andrea Petkovic overcame Monica Niculescu to give Germany an insurmountable 3-1 lead on Sunday over Romania in their Fed Cup World Group playoff.
- France beats the Netherlands 3-2 to reach Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-17-16 2:43 pm
TRELAZE, France - Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic beat Kiki Bertens and Richel Hogenkamp 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 in a decisive doubles match on Sunday as France rallied from 2-1 down against the Netherlands to win 3-2 and reach its first Fed Cup final in 11 years.
- Fed Cup: Muguruza leads Spain to playoff victory vs. Italy Updated: Apr-17-16 10:42 am
LLEIDA, Spain - Garbine Muguruza cruised to a 6-2, 6-2 win over Roberta Vinci on Sunday, giving Spain an insurmountable 3-0 lead against Italy for a spot in the top tier of the Fed Cup.
- No Williams, no problem, as US beats Australia at Fed Cup Updated: Apr-17-16 2:30 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Even without Serena and Venus Williams, the United States was too strong for Australia in their Fed Cup playoff, clinching a spot in the elite eight-nation World Group next year with a 4-0 sweep.
- United States leads Australia 2-0 in Fed Cup Updated: Apr-16-16 1:58 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Christina McHale rewarded a selection gamble when she beat Sam Stosur 3-6, 6-1, 7-5 Saturday to give the United States a 2-0 lead over Australia in their Fed Cup world group tennis playoff.
- Giorgi risks being left off Italy's Olympic tennis team Updated: Apr-12-16 12:58 pm
ROME - Camila Giorgi risks being left off Italy's Olympic tennis squad for this year's Rio de Janeiro Games after severing ties with her national federation, and she plans to skip next month's Italian Open due to the dispute.
- Swiss No. 1 Bencic out of Fed Cup semifinal against Czechs Updated: Apr-10-16 7:51 am
BERN, Switzerland - Switzerland's No. 1 Belinda Bencic has withdrawn due to a back injury from a Fed Cup semifinal against defending champion Czech Republic next weekend.
- Keys returns to US Fed Cup team to face Australia this month Updated: Apr-06-16 11:50 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Madison Keys is returning to Fed Cup play for the first time in two years, leading the U.S. team that will face host Australia on April 16-17 in the World Group playoffs.
- Mauresmo names full-strength team for Fed Cup semifinals Updated: Apr-06-16 11:18 am
PARIS - France captain Amelie Mauresmo will have her best players against the Netherlands in the Fed Cup semifinals next week.
- Czechs to miss Kvitova, Safarova in Fed Cup at Switzerland Updated: Apr-06-16 7:43 am
PRAGUE - Defending champion Czech Republic will be without its two highest-ranked players - Petra Kvitova and Lucie Safarova - in next week's Fed Cup semifinals at Switzerland.