- NYC exhibit highlights transit response to 9/11, superstorm Updated: Sep-04-15 9:29 am
NEW YORK - An upcoming exhibit highlights the critical role of New York City transit workers during natural and man-made disasters, including 9/11 and Superstorm Sandy.
- Rocker Chrissie Hynde: Assault by bikers is 'the way it was' Updated: Sep-04-15 9:14 am
NEW YORK - Legendary rocker Chrissie Hynde was with the band. And not just as the sultry-voiced singer with the Pretenders, which won popularity decades ago with hits such as "Brass in Pocket" and "Ohio."
- Johnny Depp wows Venice in gritty gangster tale 'Black Mass' Updated: Sep-04-15 8:47 am
VENICE, Italy - It's Johnny Depp's day at the Venice Film Festival. Judging by early reaction to his performance in gangster drama "Black Mass," it may turn out to be Johnny Depp's year.
- Chris Evans is feeling the pressure with directorial debut Updated: Sep-04-15 8:01 am
LOS ANGELES - What's got Captain America quaking in his boots?
- University Musical Society, professor getting arts honor Updated: Sep-04-15 7:43 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University Musical Society of the University of Michigan and professor emeritus George Shirley are being honored with the National Medal of Arts.
- Rascal Flatts to headline Rock 'n' Roll Savannah Marathon Updated: Sep-04-15 6:29 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Organizers of this year's Rock 'n' Roll Savannah Marathon and Half Marathon say Rascal Flatts will headline the Nov. 7 event.
- US Navy country band to perform in Aberdeen Friday night Updated: Sep-04-15 5:59 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The U.S. Navy band Country Current will perform in Aberdeen on Friday night.
- Rain, flooding damage Weber State University theater Updated: Sep-04-15 5:29 am
OGDEN, Utah - Weber State University is working to restore the stage at the Browning Center's Allred Theater after unexpected rainstorm flooded the theater.
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing blitz Updated: Sep-04-15 4:31 am
NEW YORK - The release of the new Star Wars movie may still be months off, but Disney is unleashing its full marketing "Force" behind the launch of hundreds of toys and other items related to the film.
- Afghan artist paints Kabul's walls of war to help heal city Updated: Sep-04-15 4:07 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - A city at war, the Afghan capital is among the ugliest in the world.
- Revamped Michigan Film Office's name changes Updated: Sep-04-15 4:04 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Film Office's new name is the Michigan Film & Digital Media Office.
- Roman busts to be featured as part of OU art exhibit Updated: Sep-04-15 3:23 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A new exhibit at the University of Oklahoma's Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art will feature 20 Roman Emperor busts that have never been displayed in the United States.
- UN star-studded media blitz to promote new development goals Updated: Sep-04-15 1:04 am
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations is launching a global campaign with a media blitz and an array of stars from Beyonce to Usain Bolt to spread news to everyone in the world about its new goals to eradicate poverty, fight inequality and combat climate change.
- NBC golf analyst Rolfing battling cancer Updated: Sep-03-15 11:01 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Television golf analyst Mark Rolfing has been diagnosed with salivary gland cancer and will not be part of the Golf Channel or NBC broadcast team for the rest of the year.
- Afroman fined, ordered to get counseling for punching fan Updated: Sep-03-15 10:35 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - Rap artist Afroman was given a suspended six-month jail sentence Thursday, fined $330 and ordered to undergo anger management and impulse behavior counseling for punching a woman who jumped on a stage during a concert earlier this year.
- Latest on US Open: TV viewership on ESPN up 58 percent Updated: Sep-03-15 8:55 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Mandel remembered as architect of modern Maryland Updated: Sep-03-15 8:04 pm
PIKESVILLE, Maryland - Maryland politicians from both parties remembered former Gov. Marvin Mandel on Thursday for his lasting innovations to state government and his quiet but highly effective talent for politics.
- With Emmys change, 'OITNB' creator not a fan of genres Updated: Sep-03-15 7:41 pm
NEW YORK - The creator of "Orange Is the New Black" says though the Emmys switched the hit show from the comedy category to drama, she's not a fan of people boxing the series into a single genre.
- The Latest: Falcons owner says Goodell protecting rights Updated: Sep-03-15 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):
- Apple, Google bring smartphone functions to car dashboards Updated: Sep-03-15 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Playing deejay with voice commands will get easier for more Americans this fall as some best-selling cars get updated with software that integrates smartphones into the dashboard.
- Sotheby's to auction art collection of billionaire Taubman Updated: Sep-03-15 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - The art collection of a billionaire developer and former chairman of Sotheby's, which includes works from Picasso, de Kooning and Rothko, is coming up for sale, the auction house said Thursday.
- Review: 'Transporter' a cinematic bumpy ride Updated: Sep-03-15 6:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - If nothing else, this reboot of the Transporter franchise should do wonders for Audi sales, not to mention car safety. Every passenger who sets foot in the tricked-out, gleaming German automobile driven by the titular character is immediately ordered to fasten their seat belt. It's sound advice, because "The Transporter Refueled" is a cinematic bumpy ride.
- Jerusalem-based artist's collages convey political turmoil Updated: Sep-03-15 6:02 pm
NEW YORK - Artist Andi Arnovitz manipulates ancient Islamic motifs into vibrant collages that convey the Iranian nuclear threat and other regional political turmoil.
- Artist captures river at Edness K. Wilkins State Park Updated: Sep-03-15 5:44 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The Florida man riding around Edness K. Wilkins State Park on a three-wheeled bicycle has paint on his shorts.
- Jury finds ex-Indianapolis Colts player not guilty of rape Updated: Sep-03-15 4:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A jury has found former Indianapolis Colts linebacker Josh McNary not guilty of forcing a woman he met in a bar to have sex.