- 'Spotlight' tops Gotham Independent Film Awards Updated: Nov-30-15 11:16 pm
NEW YORK - The investigative journalism procedural "Spotlight" has won best feature at the Gotham Independent Film Awards.
- Judge lets case questioning mogul's mental state proceed Updated: Nov-30-15 9:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - A judge has decided that a case challenging media mogul Sumner Redstone's capacity to make health care decisions for himself can proceed.
- Bono, Clooney, Kardashian part of all-star campaign for AIDS Updated: Nov-30-15 8:49 pm
NEW YORK - Would you like to spend quality time with George Clooney as he showers you with compliments?
- The Latest: Demonstrators rally for justice for Freddie Gray Updated: Nov-30-15 8:12 pm
BALTIMORE - The latest on the trial of a police officer accused in the death of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old black man who suffered a spinal injury in the back of a transport van (all times local):
- Man hit by van outside Eddie Izzard show Updated: Nov-30-15 8:04 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - Authorities say a van hit an elderly man outside a Tampa Bay area performing arts center about two hours before actor and comedian Eddie Izzard was set to take the stage.
- Singer Marc Anthony making pitch as sports agent Updated: Nov-30-15 7:51 pm
MIAMI - Another entertainer is joining Jay-Z in the sports agent business - singer Marc Anthony.
- Pink joins UNICEF in fight to end child malnutrition Updated: Nov-30-15 4:45 pm
Trailblazing pop star Pink saw firsthand severely malnourished children during a recent visit to Haiti as a part of a UNICEF program to provide therapeutic food packets to children in need.
- Country Music Hall celebrates millionth visitor in 2015 Updated: Nov-30-15 2:17 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville says it will celebrate its millionth visitor in 2015 in a ceremony later this week.
- Apple Music adds streaming for wireless Sonos speakers Updated: Nov-30-15 1:55 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is adding a missing element to its streaming music service by making it possible for home listeners to send tunes from Apple Music to WiFi-enabled speakers made by Sonos.
- Philadelphia mural of Pope Francis could be world record Updated: Nov-30-15 1:54 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A potentially record-breaking mural featuring Pope Francis has been unveiled in Philadelphia.
- La Scala gala season premiere to open under extra security Updated: Nov-30-15 1:41 pm
MILAN - La Scala's gala season premiere of Verdi's "Giovanna d'Arco" ("Joan of Arc") will take place under extra security in the wake of the Paris attacks and indications that the famed Milanese theater is a possible target for extremists.
- Man who killed himself in Ohio museum was ex-security guard Updated: Nov-30-15 1:37 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State University says the ex-employee who killed himself inside a gallery at the campus' contemporary art museum was a security guard who resigned in 2009 to avoid being fired.
- Cleveland panel OKs high-flying lakefront statue of Superman Updated: Nov-30-15 1:28 pm
CLEVELAND - The city's planning commission has approved an early conceptual design of a Superman monument for the city's lakefront.
- World art coming to select US movie theaters Updated: Nov-30-15 12:29 pm
NEW YORK - The public can get close and personal with masterpieces from around the world through the "Art & Architecture in Cinema" series at select U.S. theaters.
- Brooklyn museum chronicles Coney Island history Updated: Nov-30-15 12:25 pm
NEW YORK - Hear the words Coney Island and Cyclone, Steeplechase and other rides immediately spring to mind.
- Pop goes the pontiff: Pope Francis rocks out on new album Updated: Nov-30-15 12:24 pm
Pope Francis, "Wake Up!" (Believe Digital)
- Cellist says symphony fired her over her Sabbath beliefs Updated: Nov-30-15 12:04 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A professional cellist says she was terminated from her job with the Asheville Symphony because of her religious beliefs.
- CMT awards show honoring ABC drama 'Nashville' Updated: Nov-30-15 11:36 am
NEW YORK - CMT is honoring a television show from another network on its "Artists of the Year" special that's being telecast live on Wednesday.
- Photographer Annie Leibovitz remakes Pirelli calendar Updated: Nov-30-15 11:25 am
LONDON - It's no more nudes for the famous Pirelli calendar - this year, at least, with photographer Annie Leibovitz at the helm.
- Maintenance woes: Buckingham Palace state dining room closed Updated: Nov-30-15 10:55 am
LONDON - Maintaining big, older houses is never easy - as Queen Elizabeth II has learned of late.
- Review: 'Youth' a captivating portrait of friendship, aging Updated: Nov-30-15 10:35 am
Superheroes and franchise blockbusters may dominate the multiplex, but Paolo Sorrentino's "Youth" is a reminder of the touching, unexpected and unusual places movies can go.
- Musical 'Daddy Long Legs' to be broadcast for free worldwide Updated: Nov-30-15 10:25 am
NEW YORK - On Dec. 10, you can settle down on the couch and catch the regular Thursday fare on TV - "The Big Bang Theory," ''The Mentalist" or "Bones." Or you can see a live musical a few blocks from Broadway.
- For some people, the older the smartphone, the better Updated: Nov-30-15 9:31 am
NEW YORK - Between splashy launches, lavish new-phone offers (get a free HDTV on activation!) and frequent software updates that slow down your old handset, it sometimes feels like the entire technology industry is pushing you to buy the latest smartphone. Yet some holdouts resist.
- Richland schools receive $200,000 grant for art installation Updated: Nov-30-15 8:05 am
RICHLAND, Washington - Richland elementary schools are slated to get a bit brighter after four campuses received a total of more than $200,000 to install public art on their grounds.
- British Museum to launch exhibit of Egypt's 'sunken cities' Updated: Nov-30-15 7:43 am
LONDON - The British Museum is planning its first major exhibition of underwater archaeology with a showing of artifacts from two of Egypt's "sunken cities."