- Thailand's 87-year-old king makes rare appearance Updated: May-05-15 2:32 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej made a rare public appearance Tuesday to mark the 65th anniversary of his coronation.
- Man who shipped guns to ex-NFLer Hernandez to be sentenced Updated: May-05-15 1:20 am
BOSTON - A man who shipped guns to former New England Patriots player and convicted killer Aaron Hernandez is scheduled to be sentenced Tuesday in federal court in Boston.
- Fox anchor: Report of police shooting was in error Updated: May-05-15 12:53 am
LOS ANGELES - Fox News Channel mistakenly reported that a man was shot while being pursued by police in Baltimore, Maryland, Fox anchorman Shepard Smith said.
- A name for Britain's new princess: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Updated: May-05-15 12:07 am
LONDON - It's a name that immediately evokes British royal history: Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
- Obama jokes about a future playing dominoes with Letterman Updated: May-04-15 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - President Barack Obama is envisioning a future of playing dominoes with retiree David Letterman.
- Obama on protests: 'There are consequences to indifference' Updated: May-04-15 11:41 pm
NEW YORK - In a deeply personal response to outbreaks of racially motivated protests, President Barack Obama on Monday blamed a lack of opportunity in minority communities and harsher treatment of black and Hispanic men by police for fueling a sense of "unfairness and powerlessness."
- UC Berkeley's Mark Twain project finds cache of new writing Updated: May-04-15 10:22 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Scholars at the University of California, Berkeley have pieced together a collection of dispatches written by Mark Twain when the author was a young newsman in San Francisco.
- 49ers Bruce Miller charged with vandalism, not domestic case Updated: May-04-15 9:32 pm
- Panned Broadway musical 'Doctor Zhivago' to close on May 10 Updated: May-04-15 9:19 pm
NEW YORK - The critically panned Broadway musical "Doctor Zhivago" is closing.
- Internment art to be displayed at California museum Updated: May-04-15 8:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A California museum has acquired an art collection created by Japanese Americans held in internment camps after an East Coast auction house canceled the sale of photographs and other artifacts amid protests.
- Riviera casino closes doors after 60 years on Vegas Strip Updated: May-04-15 8:34 pm
LAS VEGAS - If the ghosts of Frank Sinatra and Liberace were still hanging around the Riviera Hotel and Casino on Monday morning, they wouldn't have found a seat at the bar.
- Review: 'The Fall' is tantalizing legal thriller Updated: May-04-15 8:31 pm
"The Fall" (Atria), by John Lescroart
- Oscar-winning writer of 'Dances With Wolves' novel dies Updated: May-04-15 8:13 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Michael Blake, the writer whose novel "Dances With Wolves" became a major hit movie and earned him an Academy Award for the screenplay, has died.
- Singer Chris Brown accused of battery in Las Vegas Updated: May-04-15 7:50 pm
LAS VEGAS - Singer Chris Brown faces another battery accusation just days after he performed at an after-party to the weekend's much hyped boxing match, which was also billed as the kickoff to his residency at the Drai's nightclub.
- Man charged with stealing Elton John's glasses from museum Updated: May-04-15 7:43 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A man who police say took Elton John's heart-shaped glasses from a museum display in Memphis has been indicted on a felony theft charge.
- Lauryn Hill cancels Israel show to avoid stirring tensions Updated: May-04-15 7:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - Lauryn Hill is canceling a planned performance in Tel Aviv because she wasn't able to also schedule a concert in the nearby Palestinian city of Ramallah.
- China-inspired couture on Met Gala red carpet Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - Anna Wintour wore an orange floral couture look from Chanel as she walked up the grand staircase at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to kick off the gala that raises millions for her museum namesake: the Anna Wintour Costume Center.
- Boxing match pops up on phones as TV habits change Updated: May-04-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - It should have been a proud moment for TV: A much-hyped sports event drawing in millions of paying viewers and showcasing the clout still held by traditional media heavyweights.
- 'Django Unchained' actress ordered to apologize to police Updated: May-04-15 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - An actress who accused Los Angeles police of racial profiling when they investigated a report she was having sex with her boyfriend in a parked car was ordered Monday to apologize to officers.
- Fox renews 'The Simpsons' for 2 more seasons Updated: May-04-15 6:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - "The Simpsons" will keep the satire coming for at least two more seasons.
- Bryant Gumbel defends program and co-workers against lawsuit Updated: May-04-15 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - The host of HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" on Monday defended his monthly sports magazine against claims by a British soccer ball maker that it delivered a "pack of lies" with a 2008 segment about child labor in India.
- Met show uses film, fashion to explore East-West interplay Updated: May-04-15 6:33 pm
NEW YORK - Hollywood has long been fascinated with China. But that doesn't mean it has always represented it fully or accurately - far from it.
- Writer proposes local currency named after city's namesake Updated: May-04-15 6:23 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - May I pay for that in Skinners?
- British artist pokes fun at contemporary art Updated: May-04-15 6:07 pm
"Playing to the Gallery: Helping Contemporary Art in its Struggle to Be Understood" (Penguin Books), by Grayson Perry
- New book tells story of Wright brothers Updated: May-04-15 6:00 pm
"The Wright Brothers" (Simon & Schuster), by David McCullough