- Local artists protest new St. Louis music fests Updated: Mar-12-14 11:40 am
- Fiddler named next NH artist laureate Updated: Mar-12-14 11:32 am
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turn Updated: Mar-12-14 11:25 am
- Belgian jazz musician Thielemans retires at 91 Updated: Mar-12-14 11:16 am
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny Updated: Mar-12-14 11:01 am
- Marcia Gay Harden talks role of 'Fifty Shades' mom Updated: Mar-12-14 10:37 am
- Prince Charles loses bid to keep letters private Updated: Mar-12-14 10:19 am
- 'Fast & Furious 7' to film in Abu Dhabi in April Updated: Mar-12-14 10:19 am
- Book of Winfrey columns to be published in fall Updated: Mar-12-14 9:32 am
- Review: 'Need for Speed' a thrilling stunt fest Updated: Mar-12-14 9:28 am
- John Mahoney finds home onstage after 'Frasier' Updated: Mar-12-14 9:03 am
- Q&A: Mary Mary singer breaks out with solo album Updated: Mar-12-14 8:47 am
- Chinese film stunt man on missing Malaysia flight Updated: Mar-12-14 8:44 am
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurch Updated: Mar-12-14 7:34 am
- Federal jury soon to get NYC kidnap-rape plot case Updated: Mar-12-14 6:31 am
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees Updated: Mar-12-14 5:46 am
- Dubuque chooses 10 outdoor sculptures for exhibit Updated: Mar-12-14 5:04 am
- Co-writer of award-winning film on universe in SC Updated: Mar-12-14 4:07 am
- Carver Theater set to open April 30 Updated: Mar-12-14 4:06 am
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUI Updated: Mar-12-14 3:49 am
- Flobots classroom project takes off in Denver Updated: Mar-12-14 1:43 am
- Cameraman recounts Crocodile Hunter's last moments Updated: Mar-12-14 1:17 am
- Iggy Pop, New Order, Patti Smith jam for Tibet Updated: Mar-12-14 12:24 am
- Review: 'Ernest & Celestine' a delicate delight Updated: Mar-11-14 8:13 pm
- Bayern draws with Arsenal to reach CL quarters Updated: Mar-11-14 7:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Some St. Louis musicians want the city to back away from a pair of planned summer music festivals they fear could damage more home-grown local efforts.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A master of New England fiddling and craftsman of violins has been named New Hampshire's Artist Laureate.
LOS ANGELES - Canceled by the CW in 2007, the cult-fave mystery series "Veronica Mars" completed its third season with an (open-ended) episode titled "The Bitch Is Back." Revived for the big screen, the gumshoe drama finds its title character, nine years later, insisting that she's in a mellower frame of mind, no longer the angry, crime-solving kickass who thrills to danger. As if.
BRUSSELS - Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans has decided to retire together with his trademark harmonica at age 91.
PRETORIA, South Africa - Oscar Pistorius' defense lawyer on Wednesday tried to cast doubt on the competence of a South African police forensic expert who testified at the athlete's murder trial, where a toilet door and a cricket bat from Pistorius' home were introduced in the courtroom for a partial reenactment of events on the night that Pistorius killed his girlfriend.
NEW YORK - Since being cast in the film adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey," Jamie Dornan, who plays the S&M-loving billionaire Christian Grey, has largely stayed out of the public eye.
LONDON - Britain's Guardian won a court battle Wednesday in its efforts to disclose letters by Prince Charles - a decision the newspaper argues could shed light on whether he has used his position to meddle in politics.
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Vin Diesel and other members of the "Fast & Furious 7" cast are heading to the Mideast city of Abu Dhabi after months of uncertainty about the fate of the film.
NEW YORK - Oprah Winfrey's latest book project is a collection of magazine columns by a writer she knows quite well.
It takes a lot for a film based on a video game to impress a crowd these days, given the dazzling advancements in gaming technology. But "Need for Speed," based on the hit EA Entertainment racing game that's sold 150 million units, could now drive some of that success toward the box office.
CHICAGO - John Mahoney is known to most television fans for playing Frasier Crane's father on the long-running series "Frasier," but the actor has spent much of his time in the years since the show ended pursuing roles on stage.
ATLANTA - When Mary Mary singer Erica Campbell decided to tell her sister Tina she wanted to pursue a solo career outside the Grammy-winning duo, she was nervous about having the talk.
HONG KONG - A stunt man whose credits include the acclaimed martial arts epic "The Grandmaster" and other films was among the passengers on a missing Malaysia Airlines flight.
HOUSTON - Authorities are investigating after $600,000 in checks and cash was stolen from a safe at Pastor Joel Osteen's Houston megachurch, which has one of the largest congregations in the country.
NEW YORK - No one disputes that a retired high school librarian and an auto mechanic bonded over discussions of ghastly fetishes: abducting, raping and killing women and girls.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Bill Maher took advantage of pal Jay Leno's Television Academy Hall of Fame induction to offer a spirited attack on what Maher called undeserved "bad publicity" for the former "Tonight Show" host.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The city of Dubuque has chosen 10 outdoor sculptures for an annual exhibition that showcases public art.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The co-writer of an Emmy award-winning documentary on the universe is slated to appear in Charleston.
NEW ORLEANS - Carver Theater developers have announced an April 30 opening date for the long-shuttered venue in New Orleans' Treme neighborhood.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Hollywood actor Chris Pine, known for playing Captain Kirk in the "Star Trek" movies, has been charged with drunken driving in New Zealand.
DENVER - The Flobots, a Denver hip-hop band that gained fame with the hit single "Handlebars," are known for social activism and supporting the Occupy Wall Street movement. Drew Elder, a senior vice president of the investment firm Janus, is more familiar with the cello than with Chuck D.
SYDNEY - Australia's famed "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin knew he was dying after a massive stingray stabbed him in the chest hundreds of times, the only witness to the fatal 2006 attack said in his first detailed public account of the beloved conservationist's death.
NEW YORK - Fans jumped high in their seats. Others raced to the front of the stage. The rest of the audience yelled excitedly.
The delicate and lovingly hand-made "Ernest & Celestine" captures the whimsy and warmth of a dearly felt children's picture book like few movies before.
MUNICH - Club president Uli Hoeness' trial overshadowed a subdued performance as Bayern Munich drew 1-1 with Arsenal to reach the Champions League quarterfinals with a 3-1 aggregate win from the round-of-16 on Tuesday.