- US returns 25 looted artifacts to Italy: Vases, frescoes Updated: May-26-15 9:21 am
ROME - The United States on Tuesday officially returned 25 artifacts that had been looted over the decades from Italy, including Etruscan vases, 1st-century frescoes and precious books that ended up in U.S. museums, universities and private collections.
- Cancer diagnosis leads to plans for brewery, theater Updated: May-26-15 7:32 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A cancer diagnosis has prompted a couple to move ahead on plans to open a brewery and improvisational theater in Ann Arbor.
- 2 hurt in shooting at Portland music studio Updated: May-26-15 5:55 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Police say two people have been seriously injured in a shooting at a downtown Portland music studio.
- Lawyer says allegations B.B. King was poisoned 'ridiculous' Updated: May-26-15 5:40 am
LAS VEGAS - Two B.B. King heirs who've been most outspoken about the blues legend's care in his final days have accused King's two closest aides of poisoning him, but the attorney for King's estate called the claims ridiculous and police said there was no active homicide investigation.
- Austrian police arrest 3 for smuggling people into US Updated: May-26-15 5:28 am
VIENNA - Austrian police have detained three suspects for allegedly smuggling people onto flights bound for the United States or Britain.
- Hope's new concert organ to elevate music program Updated: May-26-15 4:15 am
HOLLAND, Michigan - David Roossien of Holland isn't an organist.
- Ohio legislative proposal would back Pete Rose reinstatement Updated: May-26-15 3:08 am
- Founder of Miami Fashion week selling shares Updated: May-26-15 3:04 am
MIAMI - The founder of Miami Fashion Week is selling her stake in the company.
- Bears release Ray McDonald after arrest in California Updated: May-26-15 1:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Chicago Bears released defensive end Ray McDonald following a domestic violence arrest in Northern California that police say stemmed from an assault on a woman who was holding a baby.
- Agent: 'Lawrence of Arabia' star Omar Sharif has Alzheimer's Updated: May-25-15 6:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Legendary "Lawrence of Arabia" actor Omar Sharif is battling Alzheimer's disease, his agent Steve Kenis confirmed to The Associated Press on Monday.
- Homer writer starts new romance series Updated: May-25-15 4:46 pm
HOMER, Alaska - As romance writers go, Jennifer Bernard said she still thinks of herself as a newbie - even though she has published six novels, three novellas and a short story in three years. That's faster than some Homer boat builders crank out skiffs.
- Gallery at North Pole Grange is the picture of success Updated: May-25-15 4:45 pm
NORTH POLE, Alaska - About 25 years ago, a judge ordered artist Dan Bates to paint a mural as the penalty for a youthful indiscretion.
- Porn actors say proposed safety rules go too far Updated: May-25-15 4:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - A state proposal that would roll out strict safety standards for California pornography productions to prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases has drawn criticism from adult film workers who feel the regulations go too far.
- Fashion's greatest hits, misses on the Cannes red carpet Updated: May-25-15 4:26 pm
CANNES, France - Cannes' red carpet can be as kind as it is cruel when it comes to fashion.
- Egyptian woman arrested over racy music video Updated: May-25-15 3:59 pm
CAIRO - Egyptian authorities have arrested a woman who danced in a racy music video that went viral on the internet and referred her to misdemeanor court for "inciting debauchery."
- Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell together again for new album Updated: May-25-15 3:43 pm
- Ohio artist known for mixed-media storytelling work dies Updated: May-25-15 2:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio folk artist whose work focused on her childhood neighborhood in Columbus has died.
- Knotty exhibit planned for pope symbolizes life's challenges Updated: May-25-15 2:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A knotty exhibit being created for Pope Francis' upcoming trip to Philadelphia will honor the pontiff's teachings by letting visitors acknowledge the challenges in their daily lives.
- Faith No More marks return with 1st album in 18 years, tour Updated: May-25-15 1:12 pm
NEW YORK - Faith No More bassist Bill Gould likes to think of the band's new record as an aging actress.
- Bill aims to expand Nevada's film tax credit to $20M a year Updated: May-25-15 12:46 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers are considering expanding the state's film tax credit program after it was gutted to help attract Tesla to the state.
- Rolling Stones kick off 'Zip Code' stadium tour in San Diego Updated: May-25-15 11:16 am
SAN DIEGO - The Rolling Stones launched their "Zip Code" North American tour in San Diego on Sunday with more than two hours of music.
- Vocabulary test takes away some National Spelling Bee drama Updated: May-25-15 10:32 am
WASHINGTON - For viewers of last year's Scripps National Spelling Bee, one of the most surprising results came courtesy of a test nobody saw.
- Stonewall Brigade Band celebrates 160 years of music Updated: May-25-15 9:55 am
STAUNTON, Virginia - Bob Moody was in fifth grade when band came into the public school system in Staunton.
- The movies that will keep buzzing after Cannes Updated: May-25-15 8:40 am
CANNES, France - The Cannes Film Festival is a grand hierarchy with strictly defined elevations of movies and media access, where films are met by high praise or lowly boos. And so there was a strange fittingness that the scandal of the 68th Cannes Film Festival, where all status is measured, came down to the importance of a few inches.
- France touts Cannes prizes as vindication for film subsidies Updated: May-25-15 7:35 am
PARIS - France's president says his country's strong showing at this year's Cannes film festival is no accident - suggesting it's partly thanks to government subsidies.