- Basel 'keeper Sommer to join Moenchengladbach Updated: Mar-10-14 1:03 pm
- Netherlands midfielder Strootman to miss World Cup Updated: Mar-10-14 10:39 am
- Pele says Neymar can handle World Cup pressure Updated: Mar-10-14 9:21 am
- Flamengo wins Guanabara Cup in Rio de Janeiro Updated: Mar-09-14 9:50 pm
- Brazil inaugurates another World Cup stadium Updated: Mar-09-14 9:47 pm
- Brazilian player racially abused after match Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 pm
- Mexico to host Israel in exhibition on May 26 Updated: Mar-07-14 3:29 pm
- Mexico announces friendly against Israel Updated: Mar-07-14 3:03 pm
- Arsenal's title hopes fade with Wilshere out Updated: Mar-07-14 7:47 am
- US hosts Azerbaijan, Turkey, Nigeria in warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 3:57 pm
- Scolari happy with tests before squad announcement Updated: Mar-06-14 12:14 pm
- FIFA fines Caribbean member over finance rules Updated: Mar-06-14 10:15 am
- Ukraine beats US 2-0 in soccer exhibition Updated: Mar-06-14 5:27 am
- Neymar hat trick, Ronaldo record in WCup warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 12:29 am
- Brazil warms up in style; Spain, France win Updated: Mar-06-14 12:26 am
- Costa Rica downs Paraguay 2-1 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 11:23 pm
- Pedro scores as Spain beats Italy 1-0 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 7:03 pm
- Sturridge heads England to 1-0 win over Denmark Updated: Mar-05-14 6:41 pm
- Ronaldo sets all-time scoring record for Portugal Updated: Mar-05-14 6:19 pm
- Ecuador rallies past Australia 4-3 Updated: Mar-05-14 6:09 pm
- Benzema stars as France beats Netherlands 2-0 Updated: Mar-05-14 6:02 pm
- World Cup-bound Colombia draws with Tunisia 1-1 Updated: Mar-05-14 5:39 pm
- Lackluster Germany beats Chile 1-0 in WCup warm-up Updated: Mar-05-14 5:33 pm
- Romania holds Argentina to 0-0 draw Updated: Mar-05-14 5:29 pm
- Austria, Uruguay draw 1-1 in World Cup warm-up Updated: Mar-05-14 5:21 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - Switzerland and Basel goalkeeper Yann Sommer will join Borussia Moenchengladbach at the end of the season.
AMSTERDAM - In a severe blow to the Netherlands' World Cup hopes, midfielder Kevin Strootman looks certain to miss the tournament in Brazil because of a serious knee injury.
PARIS - Pele is counting on Neymar to lead Brazil to World Cup victory and erase the painful memory of the last time the football-mad country hosted the tournament.
SAO PAULO - Flamengo defeated Botafogo 2-0 at the Maracana on Sunday to ensure it finishes top in the Guanabara Cup; the first stage of the Rio de Janeiro state championship.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian officials have inaugurated the Arena da Amazonia in the jungle city of Manaus, the ninth World Cup stadium to become available for football's showcase event. Three still have to be finished, including the one hosting the opener in Sao Paulo in about three months.
SAO PAULO - Fans yelled racist insults at a Brazilian football player being interviewed by reporters after a match, the latest case of racism to hit the country that will host the World Cup in a few months.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico will host Israel on May 26 in Azteca Stadium as part of its preparations for the World Cup.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico will face Israel on May 26 in Azteca Stadium, its last World Cup warm-up on home soil.
LONDON - With Jack Wilshere out for six weeks, few would bet on Arsenal to win its first Premier League title since 2004.
CHICAGO - The United States will prepare for the World Cup with home exhibition games against Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria.
SAO PAULO - Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari seems pretty pleased with himself, and his coaching acumen.
GENEVA - FIFA has fined the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association for financial wrongdoing linked to a development project.
LARNACA, Cyprus - One banner in the stands read "Ukraine is Undivided!" on the top and "One Country - One Team!" on the bottom. Ukrainian fans sang their nation's anthem in the final moments, and some broke into a chant of "No war in Ukraine!" after the final whistle.
Neymar scored his second international hat trick to lead Brazil over South Africa 5-0 Wednesday night and Cristiano Ronaldo had a pair of goals to set Portugal's career scoring record in a 5-1 win over Cameroon as all 32 World Cup teams prepared for the tournament.
LONDON - Brazil showed its national team is in better shape than the country's stadiums with a 5-0 thrashing of South Africa on Wednesday, and defending champion Spain overcame Italy 1-0 in its final big test before the tournament kicks off, as teams prepared for the World Cup in a series of friendly matches.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Arsenal forward Joel Campbell scored in the first half to help Costa Rica to a 2-0 win over Paraguay in an international friendly Wednesday.
MADRID - Pedro Rodriguez stole the spotlight from debutant Diego Costa by scoring Spain's second-half winner in a 1-0 friendly victory over Italy on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2012 European Championship final.
LONDON - Daniel Sturridge's late header gave England a 1-0 victory over Denmark on Wednesday on a largely ineffective night for the World Cup-bound team in its final friendly before the squad is named.
LEIRIA, Portugal - Cristiano Ronaldo became Portugal's all-time leading scorer Wednesday, netting twice as Portugal thrashed Cameroon 5-1 in a warm-up match between teams preparing for the World Cup.
LONDON - Ecuador completed an impressive comeback from three goals down to beat Australia 4-3 in a friendly match between the two World Cup teams on Wednesday night.
PARIS - Karim Benzema kept up his prolific form by scoring a superb goal and helping to create another as France beat the Netherlands 2-0 in a pre-World Cup friendly on Wednesday.
BARCELONA, Spain - With its injured striker Radamel Falcao watching from the stands, World Cup-bound Colombia drew 1-1 Wednesday in a friendly international against Tunisia in Barcelona.
STUTTGART, Germany - Mario Goetze scored but Germany failed to impress in a 1-0 win over a Chile side that deserved more from the friendly international on Wednesday.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania held Lionel Messi's Argentina to a 0-0 draw in a friendly on Wednesday as the South Americans continued their preparations for the World Cup.
KLAGENFURT, Austria - Midfielder Alvaro Pereira scored a second-half equalizer to help Uruguay draw 1-1 with Austria in the South Americans' World Cup warmup game on Wednesday.