- FIFA ethics committee bans Jerome Valcke for 12 years Updated: Feb-12-16 2:00 pm
GENEVA - Jerome Valcke, Sepp Blatter's long-time right-hand man, was banned from all soccer-related activity for 12 years Friday for misconduct during his term as FIFA secretary general.
- Mexico beats Senegal 2-0 in exhibition in Miami Updated: Feb-10-16 10:59 pm
MIAMI - Jesus Duenas and Rodolfo Pizarro scored second-half goals to help Mexico beat Senegal 2-0 in an exhibition game Wednesday night.
- Jozy Altidore determined to avoid injury in a big year ahead Updated: Feb-09-16 2:56 pm
CARSON, California - Jozy Altidore feels he has watched far too many of the United States' biggest games from the sidelines over the past nine years, so he decided to do something about it.
- Morris, US youth gain valuable experience before busy year Updated: Feb-09-16 2:09 am
CARSON, California - Jordan Morris made his ninth appearance for the United States last Friday, which gave him nine more games for the national team than as a professional.
- Jozy Altidore scores on late header, US beats Canada 1-0 Updated: Feb-06-16 1:47 am
CARSON, California - With only minutes to spare, Jozy Altidore made sure the United States left its year-opening training camp with an encouraging result.
- DFB takes legal action against Beckenbauer, FIFA, others Updated: Feb-05-16 5:31 pm
BERLIN - The German football federation opened legal proceedings against Franz Beckenbauer, former members, and FIFA in a bid to limit potential damages arising from the 2006 World Cup corruption affair.
- Uruguay has 'no qualms" playing at center of Zika outbreak Updated: Feb-04-16 1:58 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay will go ahead with a World Cup qualifier scheduled next month in Recife, the Brazilian city at the center of an outbreak of the Zika virus.
- Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong acquired by LA Galaxy Updated: Feb-03-16 3:22 pm
CARSON, California - The LA Galaxy acquired Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong on Wednesday, completing their third high-profile international move of the winter with the signing of the two-time World Cup veteran on a free transfer.
- Gao Hongbo returns as China national football team coach Updated: Feb-03-16 4:01 am
BEIJING - Gao Hongbo returned Wednesday as interim coach of the Chinese men's national football team following the departure of Frenchman Alain Perrin last month.
- Former German soccer president wins preliminary court ruling Updated: Feb-02-16 2:59 pm
DUESSELDORF, Germany - The former president of the German soccer federation can continue to refer to Qatar as a "cancerous growth of world football" - at least until a final ruling by a German court.
- Coach says Lionel Messi will skip Rio de Janeiro Olympics Updated: Feb-01-16 6:14 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Lionel Messi will skip the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in six months because his coach Gerardo Martino says he needs some rest.
- Birnbaum's 90th-minute header puts US men past Iceland, 3-2 Updated: Feb-01-16 12:01 pm
CARSON, California - Steve Birnbaum and the U.S. men's national team both need some time to shake off an up-and-down 2015 season.
- English Football Association chairman leaving over reforms Updated: Jan-28-16 12:07 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association chairman, who set the national team a target of winning the World Cup by 2022, is leaving in July.
- Unofficial campaigns already starting for AFC presidency Updated: Jan-28-16 6:28 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The position is not yet vacant, and may not become so, yet people are already beginning their undeclared campaigns to be president of the Asian Football Confederation.
- Russia to naturalize Schalke's Neustadter ahead of World Cup Updated: Jan-26-16 7:36 am
MOSCOW - Russia is preparing to hand a passport to Schalke midfielder Roman Neustadter in an attempt to strengthen its squad for the 2018 World Cup.
- Prince Ali confident he can win FIFA presidential election Updated: Jan-22-16 4:27 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Prince Ali of Jordan is confident he can win the FIFA presidential election and turn around what he says is a critical situation facing football's governing body.
- China signs 4 players from Brazilian champions Corinthians Updated: Jan-21-16 1:37 pm
SAO PAULO - It has taken just a few months for Chinese clubs to feast on Brazilian football champions Corinthians.
- Australia to play Jordan WCup qualifier in Sydney Updated: Jan-19-16 9:00 pm
SYDNEY, Australia - Football Federation Australia has decided Australia's vital World Cup qualifying match against Jordan in March will be played in Sydney.