- Nagbe's year: Citizenship, playoffs and the US national team Updated: Nov-26-15 3:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Things couldn't be better for Darlington Nagbe.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- Qatar launches probe after rains exposed poor construction Updated: Nov-26-15 7:46 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Qatar has launched an investigation after heavy rains exposed poor construction in a country set to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup, a deluge that saw water cascade through the roof of its $15 billion main airport.
- French and Russian authorities to increase fan zone security Updated: Nov-24-15 9:16 am
PARIS - French and Russian authorities plan to increase security at fan zones at next year's European Championship and the 2018 World Cup following the attacks in Paris.
- Columbus to host US World Cup qualifier against Guatemala Updated: Nov-23-15 2:18 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. will play its March 29 World Cup qualifier against Guatemala at Columbus, Ohio.
- Franz Beckenbauer says 'I signed everything* Updated: Nov-20-15 4:04 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Franz Beckenbauer says a contract he signed with former high-ranking FIFA official Jack Warner ahead of the vote to decide the host of the 2006 World Cup was an aid package.
- FIFA to draw African World Cup qualifying groups in June Updated: Nov-20-15 8:55 am
ZURICH - The final round of African qualifying groups for the 2018 World Cup will be drawn in June.
- Russia 2018 World Cup CEO defends Mutko's reputation Updated: Nov-19-15 11:35 am
ZURICH - The reputation of Russia's 2018 World Cup organizing head is not at risk in the country's athletics doping scandal, the tournament CEO insisted on Thursday.
- Anti-corruption group study says FIFA members too secretive Updated: Nov-19-15 10:13 am
ZURICH - Too many FIFA member federations are secretive about what they do and how they spend money, according to an anti-corruption monitor's study.
- Guangzhou offers hope for China fans as national team slumps Updated: Nov-18-15 9:06 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - As Guangzhou Evergrande plays for its second Asian Champions League title in three years Saturday, the influx of money, big name stars and coaches to the Chinese Super League has done little to halt the continuing woes of China's national team.
- AP Interview: FIFA hopeful Infantino plans 40-team World Cup Updated: Nov-10-15 12:03 pm
LONDON - The World Cup could be expanded by eight teams to 40 if Gianni Infantino is elected FIFA president.
- Asian powers look to lift this week in World Cup qualifying Updated: Nov-09-15 8:19 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - World Cup regulars Iran, Australia and Japan need to bounce back from some mediocre performances if they are to keep pace with Asian rival South Korea when qualifying for Brazil 2018 resumes Thursday.
- US coach Jurgen Klinsmann says he accepts criticism Updated: Nov-09-15 5:34 pm
MIAMI SHORES, Florida - The U.S. starts World Cup qualifying while on its first three-game home losing streak since 1997, which has restarted complaints about coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
- Tevez a doubt for Argentina World Cup qualifier vs. Brazil Updated: Nov-09-15 10:38 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina forward Carlos Tevez is a doubt for Thursday's key World Cup qualifier against Brazil in Buenos Aires with an injured left knee.
- Brazil adds Gabriel Paulista, Douglas Santos for qualifiers Updated: Nov-06-15 11:45 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil has added Arsenal defender Gabriel Paulista and winger Douglas Santos of Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro to the squad for upcoming World Cup qualifiers this month against Argentina and Peru.
- FIFA hopeful Ali takes diplomatic path to presidential goal Updated: Nov-05-15 6:00 pm
GENEVA - In a FIFA election now more open than expected, Prince Ali bin al-Hussein has changed his strategy since Michel Platini was caught up in a corruption scandal.
- Palestine's World Cup qualifiers to be played in Jordan Updated: Nov-05-15 8:55 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - The president of the Palestinian soccer federation says the national team's two upcoming World Cup qualifying matches will be played in Jordan.
- Belgium moves to No. 1 in FIFA rankings for 1st time Updated: Nov-05-15 4:14 am
ZURICH - Belgium has moved up to No. 1 in the FIFA rankings for the first time.
- German authorities raid soccer federation over FIFA payment Updated: Nov-03-15 9:06 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - The president of the German soccer federation and two former high-ranking officials are the targets of a tax evasion probe over a payment to FIFA in connection with the 2006 World Cup, authorities said Tuesday.
- Swiss bank UBS cooperating with FIFA investigation Updated: Nov-03-15 8:40 am
ZURICH - Swiss bank UBS says it is "cooperating with authorities" who are investigating financial corruption linked to FIFA.
- American forward Johannsson sidelined after surgery Updated: Oct-28-15 5:04 pm
BREMEN, Germany - Werder Bremen says American forward Aron Johannsson has undergone surgery on a hip problem, an injury that likely will force him to miss the Americans' opening World Cup qualifiers next month.
- Blatter chastises FIFA ethics committee for banning him Updated: Oct-28-15 10:52 am
GENEVA - Taking a dictatorial approach to his role as FIFA president, Sepp Blatter lashed out at the ethics committee for being "against me" and criticized his 90-day ban as being "total nonsense."
- Brazil's Marin agrees to be extradited in FIFA bribery case Updated: Oct-28-15 9:39 am
GENEVA - The head of organizing the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has agreed to be extradited to the United States in the FIFA bribery case.
- Jedinak, Ryan picked in Australia squad for WCup qualifiers Updated: Oct-27-15 7:48 pm
SYDNEY - Captain Mile Jedinak and goalkeeper Mat Ryan have been recalled to Australia's squad for the World Cup qualifiers agaisnt Kyrgyzstan and Bangladesh.