- AC/DC's Rudd pleads not guilty to breaching detention rules Updated: Aug-02-15 8:34 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleaded not guilty on Monday to breaching the rules of his home detention sentence by drinking alcohol.
- GOP doesn't rush to defend indicted Texas attorney general Updated: Aug-02-15 8:26 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - New Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton prepared Sunday to become the latest powerful state official booked on felony charges, but unlike when Rick Perry smiled for his mug shot last year, Republicans are not rushing to Paxton's defense.
- DC police seek 7 suspects in sexual assault, kidnapping Updated: Aug-02-15 7:02 pm
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia police are seeking at least seven suspects in connection to the kidnapping and sexual assault of a man.
- DC police arrest suspect in fatal stabbing Updated: Aug-02-15 6:43 pm
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia police have arrested a suspect in a fatal stabbing.
- Work on Terrebonne Juvenile Justice Center nearing end Updated: Aug-02-15 6:34 pm
GRAY, Louisiana - Work on the new $10.3 million Terrebonne Parish Juvenile Justice Center is about a month ahead of schedule, and should be completed by the end of October, says Jeanne Bray, capital projects administrator for the parish.
- Frederick police arrest suspect in assault inside restaurant Updated: Aug-02-15 6:30 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Frederick police have arrested a suspect in an assault that occurred inside a restaurant.
- State senators question deal limiting shoreline development Updated: Aug-02-15 6:29 pm
SEATTLE - Two Washington state senators have asking the state auditor to investigate a Hood Canal land deal with the Navy that did not meet a previous appraised value.
- Trial set for lawsuit involving Iowa biodiesel explosion Updated: Aug-02-15 6:16 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A trial date has been set for a lawsuit against a Nebraska company stemming from an explosion at a northern Iowa biodiesel plant.
- DC police: arrests total 101 in prostitution sting Updated: Aug-02-15 5:46 pm
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia police have so far arrested 101 men in connection with a prostitution sting operation the department launched last month.
- Man accused of decapitating wife leaves hospital for jail Updated: Aug-02-15 5:37 pm
PHOENIX - A man accused of decapitating his wife and their pet dogs before mutilating himself has gone from a hospital bed to a jail cell, authorities said Sunday.
- Officials: Teen arrested after patrol car set afire in Texas Updated: Aug-02-15 4:58 pm
PEARLAND, Texas - Authorities say a 16-year-old Mexican national torched a patrol car and then led deputies on a chase through two Southeast Texas counties before being arrested.
- DC police investigating fatal shooting Updated: Aug-02-15 4:53 pm
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia police are investigating a fatal shooting that claimed one man's life.
- Man admits role in 2 fraud schemes, faces lengthy sentence Updated: Aug-02-15 4:52 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a northern New Jersey man has admitted his involvement in two fraud schemes.
- Judge to decide if ex-California lawmaker's trial proceeds Updated: Aug-02-15 4:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Sen. Ron Calderon strolled into the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas two years ago primed for another weekend of fun. In a 10th floor room, overlooking the hotel's iconic dancing fountains, his plans folded.
- Police investigating killing of Wicomico County teen Updated: Aug-02-15 4:13 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - Salisbury police are investigating the fatal shooting of a teenager in a parking lot.
- 3 sheriff's deputies injured during arrest in Des Moines Updated: Aug-02-15 3:49 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say three Polk County sheriff's deputies were injured while trying to arrest a Mississippi man in Des Moines.
- Indictment: Home health care aide stole thousands from woman Updated: Aug-02-15 3:08 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A home health care aide who allegedly stole thousands of dollars from an elderly client has been indicted on a theft charge.
- Excise officer arrests Gary man wanted on kidnapping charges Updated: Aug-02-15 3:03 pm
MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana - A Gary man wanted on kidnapping charges has been arrested.
- Nuns' tipoff leads Spanish police to arrest 212 for fraud Updated: Aug-02-15 2:57 pm
MADRID - Spanish police say a congregation of nuns in the southern city of Granada led them to an organization that allegedly defrauded as many as 7,000 victims of up to 7 million euros ($7.7 million).
- Ads mailed to Utah defendants worry defense attorneys Updated: Aug-02-15 2:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah defense attorneys say advertising mailers that try to recruit the business of defendants are raising privacy and ethical concerns.
- Experts question pregnancy ban in Iowa shaken baby case Updated: Aug-02-15 2:43 pm
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - Women's rights and civil rights groups say an Iowa judge's decision to prohibit a woman convicted of child endangerment from becoming pregnant on probation is unconstitutional.
- Florida man sentenced for stealing classified documents Updated: Aug-02-15 1:32 pm
MIAMI - A Florida man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to stealing classified documents while working at a U.S. military base in Honduras.
- Masked, armed man arrested at State Capitol with spray paint Updated: Aug-02-15 1:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A masked man carrying spray paint and armed with a handgun at the State Capitol faces charges less than two weeks after a Confederate monuments on the grounds was vandalized.
- GOP looks to sexual harassment settlement for advantage Updated: Aug-02-15 12:44 pm
FANCY FARM, Kentucky - A $400,000 payment to settle the sexual harassment claims of three current or former state workers played an outsized role in Kentucky's premier political event on Saturday, evidence Republicans believe they can use it to their advantage as they seek to capture the governor's mansion and the state House of Representatives.
- Man serving time for burglary escapes Oregon prison Updated: Aug-02-15 12:30 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man serving time for a burglary conviction has escaped from an Oregon Prison by breaking a kitchen window.