- Man to trial in drug-related double shooting near Edinboro U Updated: Jul-03-15 10:32 am
MCKEAN, Pennsylvania - A former northwestern Pennsylvania university student has been ordered to stand trial on attempted homicide and other charges in what police say was a drug-related shooting of two other students.
- Court blocks plans for Willets West mall near Citi Field Updated: Jul-03-15 10:24 am
NEW YORK - A New York state appeals court has blocked a plan for a shopping mall near the Mets' home at Citi Field.
- Ex-judge accused of making fake sex ads for ex-girlfriends Updated: Jul-03-15 10:19 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A former Galveston County judge has been arrested and charged with two counts of online harassment after police say he created fake online ads saying two ex-girlfriends were available for sex-for-hire.
- Suspect dead, officer injured after undercover investigation Updated: Jul-03-15 10:13 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says a suspect was killed and an officer was injured during an investigation into street-level drug trafficking.
- Police have leads but no arrests in fatal Ohio stabbing Updated: Jul-03-15 9:58 am
SPRINGDALE, Ohio - Police say four children ranging from toddler to teens have serious injuries from a stabbing attack that left a man dead in southwestern Ohio.
- Jonesboro police believe arrest solves string of burglaries Updated: Jul-03-15 9:53 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Police in Jonesboro say they believe the arrest of a parole absconder has solved a string of residential burglaries on the city's north side.
- Ex-police chief to trial in October in gambling money case Updated: Jul-03-15 9:47 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A police chief who resigned after nearly 40 years as an officer in a southwestern Pennsylvania township faces an October non-jury trial on charges he blew $10,000 from a federal Drug Enforcement Administration fund at a casino.
- Driver stopped under cellphone law arrested on drug charges Updated: Jul-03-15 9:46 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's new hands-free cellphone law has led to the arrest of a driver from Massachusetts on drug charges after a police officer stopped him about using the phone, then smelled marijuana.
- Spain to ask Venezuela to extradite wanted ETA member Updated: Jul-03-15 9:43 am
MADRID - The Spanish government says it will ask Venezuela to extradite a convicted member of the armed Basque group ETA.
- Ohio looks overseas in search for lethal drugs Updated: Jul-03-15 9:41 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio has explored overseas options in its search for lethal injection drugs no longer available in the U.S. despite a court ruling that banned such purchases, records show.
- Another trial date set for Iowan charged with sexual abuse Updated: Jul-03-15 9:40 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Another trial date has been set for an Iowa City man accused of having sex with incapacitated women.
- Lawsuit seeks to further recall of Ferguson's mayor Updated: Jul-03-15 9:38 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - A Ferguson resident hopes his lawsuit resurrects a recall petition effort meant to oust Ferguson's mayor from office.
- Ohio judge sentences 3 adults in snuff can-branding of teen Updated: Jul-03-15 9:22 am
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - A judge has chastised three adults as he sentenced them to jail and probation time for the branding of a 17-year-old boy last year.
- Ex-school wrestling coach to trial in teen contact case Updated: Jul-03-15 9:11 am
JEANNETTE, Pennsylvania - The former wrestling coach at a western Pennsylvania high school has been ordered to stand trial on charges he had sexual contact with one 16-year-old student and inappropriately kissed another.
- Ex-funeral director indicted on additional charges Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - The former owner of a Massachusetts funeral home accused of improperly caring for dead bodies and embezzling more than $375,000 from clients has been indicted on additional charges.
- British police end Peaches Geldof heroin inquiry Updated: Jul-03-15 8:34 am
LONDON - British police say they have closed an investigation into who supplied Peaches Geldof with the heroin that killed her.
- Iowan gets probation for cashing counterfeit payroll checks Updated: Jul-03-15 8:28 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Des Moines woman has been given three years of probation and been told to pay nearly $1,900 in restitution for cashing counterfeit payroll checks in northern Iowa.
- Man pleads guilty to killing 11-month-old in Cedar Park Updated: Jul-03-15 8:06 am
GEORGETOWN, Texas - A man accused of killing an 11-month-old girl in Cedar Park has agreed to a plea deal that would see him spend 30 years in prison.
- Framingham man pleads not guilty to embezzling soccer club Updated: Jul-03-15 8:05 am
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - The former volunteer treasurer of a Framingham youth soccer league has pleaded not guilty to embezzling more than $200,000 from the nonprofit and the real estate management firm where he worked.
- Man tied to 2013 Myanmar hotel blast gets life in prison Updated: Jul-03-15 8:04 am
YANGON, Myanmar - A court in Myanmar on Friday sentenced a man linked to a 2013 bombing that wounded an American tourist in one of the country's most prestigious hotels to life imprisonment and hard labor.
- Indiana man accused of making Facebook threat found guilty Updated: Jul-03-15 7:52 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - An Indiana man accused of threatening to blow up a courthouse and kill judges in a Facebook post has been found guilty in federal court in Hammond.
- Wheelchair user shoved by police agrees to settlement Updated: Jul-03-15 7:32 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A man who was shoved by a Lafayette police officer and knocked out of his motorized wheelchair has formally agreed to withdraw his lawsuit against the city for an undisclosed amount of money.
- Patrol sued over alleged lapses in Ohio motorist's death Updated: Jul-03-15 7:29 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The father of a motorist killed in a drunken driving crash alleges an Ohio State Highway Patrol dispatcher didn't notify an officer about a reported reckless driver before the crash.
- Repeat Nebraska offender gets 5 years for child sex assaults Updated: Jul-03-15 7:28 am
BEATRICE, Nebraska - A 66-year-old Beatrice man who served prison time for sexually assaulting a child more than 10 years ago has been given five years in a new case.
- Police: Man pulled over for cell phone use found with drugs Updated: Jul-03-15 7:25 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man initially pulled over for speaking on his cell phone while driving and failing to signal was carrying more than a pound of cocaine in his car.