- Teen pleads guilty to local cyclist's hit-and-run death Updated: May-05-15 11:40 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage teen is facing a three-year sentence instead of the decade possible in exchange for pleading guilty to driving under the influence last summer and killing popular local cyclist Jeff Dusenbury.
- 'Walking Dead' actor accused of drunken driving, drug charge Updated: May-05-15 11:34 am
ATLANTA - An actor who plays a priest on the AMC drama "The Walking Dead" is facing drunken driving and drug charges after police say he was clocked going 107 mph on a Georgia highway.
- Adelson due back on witness stand in Macau CEO firing case Updated: May-05-15 11:34 am
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas casino mogul Sheldon Adelson is due in court Tuesday before a state court judge considering whether Nevada is the place to hear a wrongful termination lawsuit by the former chief of Sands Macau operations.
- Court says trial of sheriff's deputy for DWI can continue Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The state Supreme Court has rejected a sheriff deputy's claim of double jeopardy in a DWI case.
- Court: warrantless cellphone tracking not illegal search Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
MIAMI - Investigators do not need a search warrant to obtain cellphone tower location records in criminal prosecutions, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday in a closely-watched case involving the rules for changing technology.
- Ex-Pennsylvania officer faces arraignment in punching case Updated: May-05-15 11:23 am
PITTSBURGH - A former Pennsylvania police officer has pleaded not guilty to charges he deprived a suspect's civil rights by slugging the man in the face and filing a false police report to justify his actions.
- Burton man dead in shooting in Beaufort County Updated: May-05-15 11:20 am
BURTON, South Carolina - A 40-year-old Burton man is dead and a Bluffton man is charged with murder following a shooting in the Beaufort County community of Burton.
- Boston Marathon bomber's lawyer points to family dysfunction Updated: May-05-15 11:13 am
BOSTON - Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's father was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, claiming he was tortured in a Russian camp during the Russian-Chechen war in the 1990s, a psychiatrist testified Tuesday.
- Family of woman dropped on head by ambulance crew gets $1.5M Updated: May-05-15 11:13 am
WOBURN, Massachusetts - The family of a woman who suffered a brain hemorrhage and died days after an ambulance crew dropped her on her head has been awarded $1.5 million in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Former bar manager's murder conviction set aside Updated: May-05-15 11:10 am
BUFFALO, New York - A judge has set aside the January murder conviction of a former Buffalo bar manager accused of fatally injuring a customer by shoving him down a flight of stairs.
- Latest on Boston trial: Doctor says Tsarnaevs' dad had PTSD Updated: May-05-15 11:02 am
- Troopers investigate shooting death of Fox man Updated: May-05-15 10:59 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers are investigating the shooting death of 69-year-old Jimmy Gojdics (GAY'-dohs), an outdoorsman and character on National Geographic's reality show "Ultimate Survival."
- Box Elder man gets 20 years in domestic abuse case Updated: May-05-15 10:50 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A 33-year-old Box Elder man has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison after being convicted of assaulting, raping and trying to kill his girlfriend by strangling her.
- Danish man sentenced in 2010 football match-fixing case Updated: May-05-15 10:50 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Danish man was given a one-year suspended sentence on Tuesday for fixing two matches in Denmark's second-tier football league nearly five years ago.
- Macedonian opposition chief: PM tried to cover up a killing Updated: May-05-15 10:46 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's opposition leader has accused the country's prime minister of attempting to cover up the 2011 death of a 22-year-old beaten by police during postelection celebrations.
- Hardin father pleads not guilty in death of 6-month-old son Updated: May-05-15 10:43 am
BENTON, Kentucky - A Hardin father has pleaded not guilty in the death of his 6-month-old son.
- 4 Mississippi escape caught in Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 10:43 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish sheriff's deputies have arrested four of seven men who escaped from a Mississippi jail Sunday night.
- Issues at play as Christie's pension suit heads to top court Updated: May-05-15 10:40 am
Lawyers for Gov. Chris Christie and public workers unions are preparing to argue before the state Supreme Court Wednesday over whether the state needs to boost its contributions to workers' pension funds.
- Nov. 2 trial for Florida ex-concert promoter in $300M fraud Updated: May-05-15 10:37 am
MIAMI - A Nov. 2 trial date has been set for a former concert promoter extradited to the U.S. from Brazil to face charges he operated a $300 million fraud scheme.
- Prosecutor: Drug squad thought badge protected them from law Updated: May-05-15 10:34 am
PHILADELPHIA - A prosecutor giving closing arguments in a Philadelphia police corruption case says the defendants thought their crimes "would never see the light of day" because they carried badges.
- Substance sickens 2 W.Va. inmates, investigations underway Updated: May-05-15 10:25 am
BARBOURSVILLE, West Virginia - A state agency spokesman says authorities are investigating the sickening of two inmates at the Western Regional Jail.
- Texas gunman was former target of FBI terror probe Updated: May-05-15 10:18 am
WASHINGTON - A man whose social media presence was being scrutinized by federal authorities was one of two suspects in a shooting at a Texas cartoon contest featuring images of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad, and the Islamic State group on Tuesday claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Federal judge dismisses Lake Quinault ownership lawsuit Updated: May-05-15 10:11 am
TACOMA, Washington - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit that sought to revoke the ownership of Lake Quinault from the Quinault Indian Nation.
- Domestic violence victim files federal civil rights lawsuit Updated: May-05-15 10:07 am
FRESNO, California - A domestic violence victim is suing her ex-boyfriend for federal civil rights violations.
- France cracks down after town claims to count Muslim pupils Updated: May-05-15 9:50 am
PARIS - French authorities are investigating claims that a southern town tracks how many Muslim children attend its schools, which would be illegal and run counter to France's secular view of itself.