- Philly teen pleads guilty to Twitter intimidation Updated: Dec-04-13 8:39 pm
- Kenosha police: Standoff ends with arrest, 1 dead Updated: Dec-04-13 8:37 pm
- Woman charged in armed robbery of 2 stores Updated: Dec-04-13 8:25 pm
- Conn. police arrest couple sought by Mass. Updated: Dec-04-13 8:22 pm
- Kauai man sentenced to 20 years for sex assault Updated: Dec-04-13 8:19 pm
- Ritchie seeks dismissal of voter sign-up challenge Updated: Dec-04-13 8:16 pm
- San Francisco man charged in PlayStation 4 killing Updated: Dec-04-13 8:11 pm
- Derailment highlights risk of 'highway hypnosis' Updated: Dec-04-13 8:10 pm
- Ex-doctor sentenced for sex contact with children Updated: Dec-04-13 8:10 pm
- Salem man sentenced to 50 years in child pornography case Updated: Dec-04-13 8:04 pm
- New Mexico death penalty case goes to jury Updated: Dec-04-13 7:43 pm
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over Updated: Dec-04-13 7:42 pm
- Kan. AG mulls seeking death penalty for 4 killings Updated: Dec-04-13 7:37 pm
- Judge: Washington towns fail poor defendants Updated: Dec-04-13 7:32 pm
- Cheyenne arrests lead to meth possession charges Updated: Dec-04-13 7:25 pm
- Court rules against officer's 1st Amendment claim Updated: Dec-04-13 7:22 pm
- Mass. man sentenced to 1 year in Maine fatal crash Updated: Dec-04-13 7:19 pm
- Ill. pension fight could create deeper fiscal hole Updated: Dec-04-13 7:11 pm
- Mont. murder trial delayed for competency tests Updated: Dec-04-13 7:10 pm
- Idaho juror pay becoming patchwork after cap hike Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 pm
- Producer says he believes actor stole Warhol art Updated: Dec-04-13 7:04 pm
- US judge breaks up charges in case of slain boy Updated: Dec-04-13 6:53 pm
- Man indicted in police shooting near Times Square Updated: Dec-04-13 6:52 pm
- Lawsuit seeks $700,000 for 2007 farmstead incident Updated: Dec-04-13 6:50 pm
- Police chief criticizes quadruple murder probe Updated: Dec-04-13 6:44 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia teenager pleaded guilty in juvenile court to using his Twitter account to intimidate a crime victim.
KENOSHA, Wisconsin - Kenosha police say a standoff has ended with a woman dead and a 37-year-old man in custody.
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware State Police have arrested a Maryland woman in the armed robbery of two convenience stores.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut police say they have arrested a Massachusetts couple who authorities believed might harm themselves and their special needs son.
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Kauai man convicted of sexually assaulting two developmentally challenged youths has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A lawsuit contesting a new, Internet-based system for voter registration should be dismissed because plaintiffs lack standing to sue, attorneys for Secretary of State Mark Ritchie argued Wednesday.
SAN FRANCISCO - A Northern California man was charged with murder Wednesday in the fatal shooting of another man who was trying to sell him a PlayStation 4 gaming system.
NEW YORK - It's sometimes called "highway hypnosis" or "white-line fever," and it's familiar to anyone who has ever driven long distances along a monotonous route.
WASHINGTON - A former physician who started an orphanage in Kenya has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for engaging in illicit sexual conduct with minors.
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon man who produced pornography of two young girls was sentenced Wednesday to 50 years in prison.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The fate of an Arizona inmate who kidnapped and murdered a retired Oklahoma couple following a 2010 prison break went to the jury Wednesday, the final phase in a rare and lengthy New Mexico death penalty trial.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The prosecutor overseeing the investigation of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston said Wednesday that it is completed.
OSWEGO, Kansas - No decision has been made on whether to seek the death penalty for a 22-year-old man charged with capital murder in the deaths of a southeast Kansas woman and her three children, an assistant attorney general said Wednesday after a court hearing.
SEATTLE - Two Washington cities have systematically violated the constitutional rights of poor defendants to effective legal representation, a federal judge ruled Wednesday, blaming city officials for being "willfully blind" to the effects of their cost-cutting.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Federal prosecutors have charged two men with possession of methamphetamine following an arrest in Cheyenne that law enforcement says yielded pounds of the drug.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A federal appeals court has ruled that a Eugene police officer who complained about his department's safety standards is not entitled to First Amendment protection of his speech.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Massachusetts man has been sentenced to one year in prison after pleading guilty to charges in a drunken driving crash that killed his passenger.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - With the fight over solving Illinois' worst-in-the-nation pension shortfall now headed to the courts, the financially troubled state faces a grim possibility: The plan could be tossed, and Illinois could wind up in an even deeper fiscal hole than the one it's in now.
BILLINGS, Montana - A state judge has delayed a January trial in the killing of an eastern Montana teacher after state health officials requested more time to conduct a competency evaluation on the defendant.
BOISE, Idaho - Some of Idaho's 44 counties are sweetening their jury-duty pot after the Legislature quintupled a 45-year-old cap on what panelists may be paid for deciding innocence or guilt.
LOS ANGELES - A reality television producer told a jury on Wednesday that he believes Ryan O'Neal stole an Andy Warhol portrait of Farrah Fawcett done in 1980.
BAY CITY, Michigan - A federal judge has agreed to sever some of the charges against a man accused of killing a 4-year-old boy on an Indian reservation near Mount Pleasant.
NEW YORK - A 35-year-old man was speaking to dead relatives he heard in his head and had tried to throw himself in front of cars to kill himself a block from Times Square in a night-time disturbance in which two bystanders were wounded and people went running for cover from police fire, according to court documents Wednesday.
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota woman has filed a civil lawsuit against a former Fargo man accused of breaking into her rural home more than six years ago during what he said was a journey to find abandoned farmsteads.
DETROIT - Police Chief James Craig is criticizing the initial investigation into the year-old unsolved slayings of four people at an east side Detroit home.