- Protesters call for peace at vigil for slain Minneapolis man Updated: Nov-20-15 7:23 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Hundreds of people gathered outside a Minneapolis police precinct on a cold Friday night to call for unity and justice after a black man was fatally shot by an officer.
- Court orders Cambodian opposition chief to hear new charges Updated: Nov-20-15 7:22 pm
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A Cambodian court has summoned opposition leader Sam Rainsy to hear new charges against him, after an arrest warrant was issued last week in a separate case, piling more pressure on opponents of the country's autocratic leader.
- SDSU investigates hate crime against Muslim student Updated: Nov-20-15 7:21 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Diego State University police are looking for a suspect involved in an attack on a Muslim student that they are calling a suspected hate crime.
- Q&A: Chicago police shooting video raises questions Updated: Nov-20-15 7:11 pm
CHICAGO - A judge's order for the Chicago Police Department to publicly release a video showing a fatal police shooting by Wednesday has raised questions and brought concerns about what could happen when people get to see the incident for themselves.
- Mexico, US arrest 8 in binational sex-trafficking ring Updated: Nov-20-15 7:07 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican and U.S. authorities say eight people have been arrested in an international trafficking ring that forced women and underage girls into prostitution.
- Man arrested in death of 7-year-old Kentucky girl Updated: Nov-20-15 7:05 pm
SCOTTSVILLE, Kentucky - A man was arrested Friday and charged with murder and sex crimes in the death of a 7-year-old Kentucky girl whose body was found in a creek minutes after she disappeared during a football game.
- Judge questions Arizona sheriff's truthfulness on the stand Updated: Nov-20-15 6:58 pm
PHOENIX - A judge presiding over an Arizona sheriff's racial profiling case is questioning whether the lawman testified truthfully about a secret investigation that critics say targeted the judge.
- Texas man convicted of murder in 'stand your ground' retrial Updated: Nov-20-15 6:56 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston-area man was found guilty Friday of murder for killing his neighbor during an argument over loud music.
- Police say suspect arrested in Arlington officer shooting Updated: Nov-20-15 6:55 pm
DALLAS - Dallas police say a suspect has been arrested in the wounding of an undercover Arlington officer as gunfire broke out during a task force operation.
- Court documents detail guild leader phone calls Updated: Nov-20-15 6:45 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - New court documents say the president of the Spokane Police Guild called fellow Police Sgt. Gordon Ennis at least twice in the early stages of a sexual assault investigation involving Ennis.
- The Latest: Hundreds at vigil remember man shot by officer Updated: Nov-20-15 6:43 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked days of demonstrations (all times local):
- Trial of 'Shield' actor will include talk of wife's affair Updated: Nov-20-15 6:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - The wife of an actor known for his role on "The Shield" was having an affair before she was fatally shot by her husband last year and a jury should be told about it, a judge ruled Friday.
- Arizona DOC releases assessment of private prison facilities Updated: Nov-20-15 6:38 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona Department of Corrections inspection of five private state prisons prompted by July riots at a sixth private facility in Kingman discovered issues at all of them, but none to the level that led Gov. Doug Ducey to fire the Kingman contractor.
- Indiana man gets 65 years in mother-in-law's slaying Updated: Nov-20-15 6:37 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A northeastern Indiana man convicted in his mother-in-law's fatal stabbing has been sentenced to 65 years in prison.
- Pinal County authorities probing the death of young girl Updated: Nov-20-15 6:19 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - Pinal County authorities say they're investigating the death of a 3-year-old girl.
- Panel opposes $200,000 deal with ex-ethnic council aide Updated: Nov-20-15 6:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A panel of top Minnesota lawmakers opposed a $200,000 settlement Friday with an ex-employee at a state ethnic council who accused her boss of defamation and discrimination while he forced her out.
- Chicago nightclub owners get probation in stampede deaths Updated: Nov-20-15 6:12 pm
CHICAGO - The owners of a Chicago nightclub where 21 people were crushed to death in a stairwell in 2003 while fleeing pepper spray were sentenced Friday to two years of probation.
- The Latest: Arrest made in death of 7-year-old girl Updated: Nov-20-15 6:10 pm
SCOTTSVILLE, Kentucky - The latest developments in the death of a 7-year-old girl whose body was found in a creek shortly after she went missing from a football game (all times local):
- SEIU Healthcare sues to force state pay on workers' health Updated: Nov-20-15 6:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A labor union representing Illinois home health care workers has filed legal action to force government payment of health insurance costs.
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children Updated: Nov-20-15 6:00 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A member of the Topeka City Council and his wife are accused of abusing and endangering some of the 16 children in their care and remained behind bars Friday afternoon.
- Public defenders say they're overloaded, ask judge for help Updated: Nov-20-15 5:52 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans lawyers who defend the poor say they're too overloaded to take on any more cases. They're asking a judge to stop assigning cases to them.
- Judge denies Washington kids' petition on climate change Updated: Nov-20-15 5:52 pm
SEATTLE - A judge has denied an appeal by eight young activists who petitioned Washington state to adopt stricter science-based regulations to protect them against climate change.
- Northern Iowa assistant suspended following arrest Updated: Nov-20-15 5:37 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - An offensive line coach at the Northern Iowa has been suspended after he was suspected of driving while intoxicated.
- Jurors still without verdict in ex-coal CEO Blankenship case Updated: Nov-20-15 5:32 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - After a third full day of deliberations, a jury recessed Friday without reaching a verdict in the criminal trial of ex-Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship.
- Mother who locked girl in closet found guilty of child abuse Updated: Nov-20-15 5:30 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri mother accused of forcing her emaciated 10-year-old daughter to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom inside a locked closet was found guilty Friday of abusing the girl.