- Missouri governor commute's man's sentence for pot offenses Updated: May-22-15 11:31 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri man sentenced to life without parole for marijuana-related offenses is eligible for parole Friday after Gov. Jay Nixon commuted his sentence.
- Man who solicited minors on Facebook gets 29-year sentence Updated: May-22-15 11:28 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Federal officials say a Northern California man has been sentenced to 29 years in federal prison for tricking girls into sending him sexually explicit photographs he then used to extort them.
- Former CEO's lawsuit against Sands China stays in Nevada Updated: May-22-15 10:50 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada judge has decided a wrongful termination case against Macau-based Sands China Ltd. and Sands Chairman Sheldon Adelson can stay in Nevada largely because of the influence Adelson wielded over the company, often from several thousand miles away.
- DC authorities: Ex-con had help in wealthy family's slaying Updated: May-22-15 10:19 pm
WASHINGTON - An ex-convict denied bond on a murder charge Friday had help from others holding a family captive inside their mansion for at least 18 hours, authorities said, and their investigation is continuing.
- Mother pleads not guilty to assaulting child on plane Updated: May-22-15 9:56 pm
HONOLULU - A mother pleaded not guilty Friday to charges that she physically and verbally assaulted her 15-month-old daughter during an Alaska Airlines flight from Anchorage, Alaska, to Honolulu.
- Man who killed ex-girlfriend at hotel gets life in prison Updated: May-22-15 9:47 pm
BRIGHTON, Colorado - A 23-year-old man convicted of shooting his ex-girlfriend to death at a suburban Denver hotel has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
- Police release surveillance video in shooting investigation Updated: May-22-15 9:43 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Law enforcement officials on Friday released surveillance video from a grocery store that is part of an investigation of an officer-involved shooting that wounded two men who were suspected of trying to steal beer.
- San Francisco Bay Area police arrest 2 in kidnapping Updated: May-22-15 9:14 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland police say they have arrested two suspects in connection with a kidnapping for ransom after a man was found bound in the trunk of the suspects' car.
- Nevada Supreme Court won't revisit Vegas water pipeline Updated: May-22-15 8:47 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court is sticking to an earlier decision that at least temporarily blocks water interests in Las Vegas from pumping new supplies from the high desert near the Nevada-Utah line.
- National Guardsman convicted of sexually abusing daughters Updated: May-22-15 8:37 pm
MARYSVILLE, Ohio - An Ohio National Guardsman accused of sexually abusing three adopted daughters and a stepdaughter at their home and trying to intimidate his children so they wouldn't discuss the allegations against him was convicted on Friday.
- Man indicted, another cleared in Providence killing Updated: May-22-15 8:21 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - One man has been indicted and another has been cleared of wrongdoing in the 2013 killing of a 78-year-old grandfather in Providence.
- Wyoming says it can still pursue death penalty for Eaton Updated: May-22-15 8:20 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Lawyers for the state of Wyoming and a man convicted of murder disagree over whether the state may again seek the death penalty against him.
- Casey Kasem's widow won't face criminal charges Updated: May-22-15 8:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles prosecutors said Friday that they won't file elder abuse charges against Casey Kasem's widow despite efforts by three of the radio personality's children to have her prosecuted.
- Man convicted of killing ex-wife whose 911 call was bungled Updated: May-22-15 7:43 pm
DALLAS - Jurors have found a Dallas man guilty of murder in the death of his ex-wife whose 911 call was mishandled by Dallas police.
- Authorities: 3 people arrested in Goodyear on drug charges Updated: May-22-15 7:32 pm
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Police say they've arrested three people on suspicion of drug charges after serving a search warrant at a Goodyear home.
- Kentucky Court of Appeals upholds eminent domain ruling Updated: May-22-15 7:29 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A three-judge panel of the Kentucky Court of Appeals has upheld a ruling saying eminent domain can't be used to take private land to build a pipeline to carry natural gas liquids through the state.
- Doctor accused of fraud in spinal surgeries pleads guilty Updated: May-22-15 7:29 pm
DETROIT - A doctor pleaded guilty Friday to committing conspiracy in California and fraud in Michigan, admitting that he hurt patients and cheated insurers with spinal surgeries that were unnecessary or not performed as promised.
- 2 men charged in California in terrorism probe Updated: May-22-15 7:28 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Two California men arrested by the FBI aspired to join the Islamic State group and bought a plane ticket for one of them to travel to Turkey with the hope of becoming a martyr, federal prosecutors said Friday.
- New trial expected for man convicted in Chandra Levy death Updated: May-22-15 7:22 pm
WASHINGTON - A man convicted of killing Washington intern Chandra Levy is expected to get a new trial after government attorneys on Friday said the "interests of justice" would best be served by one.
- Prescott man arrested for discharging firearm at painting Updated: May-22-15 7:10 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Prescott police say a man is facing charges for shooting at a painting.
- Arizona sheriff seeks to remove judge from profiling case Updated: May-22-15 7:08 pm
PHOENIX - An embattled Arizona sheriff has asked a federal judge to disqualify himself from a racial profiling case, saying questions during a recent hearing have created the appearance of judicial bias.
- Police say fugitive hid key in body cavity when he escaped Updated: May-22-15 7:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - According to an arrest report, Las Vegas police say the man they re-arrested after he escaped from officers was hiding a handcuff key in a body cavity.
- Glendale man is found dead in his home with gunshot wound Updated: May-22-15 6:55 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Authorities are investigating a homicide after a man was found dead from an apparent gunshot wound inside his Glendale home.
- Man burned in blast making hash oil sues butane businesses Updated: May-22-15 6:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon medical marijuana patient who was badly burned in an explosion while he was legally using butane as a solvent to make hash oil is suing the makers and sellers of the fuel.
- Life sentence ordered in 2 suburban Indianapolis deaths Updated: May-22-15 6:47 pm
NOBLESVILLE, Indiana - A man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing a woman and her adult daughter inside a suburban Indianapolis home.