- Martinez expected to start Sunday Updated: May-01-16 12:47 am
- IS claims responsibility for killing Bangladesh Hindu man Updated: Apr-30-16 9:20 pm
NEW DELHI - A Hindu man was hacked to death in central Bangladesh in the latest attack claimed by radical Islamists in the Muslim-majority nation, police said.
- Uber, blind riders reach settlement over service animals Updated: Apr-30-16 9:03 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber and advocates for the blind have reached a lawsuit settlement in which the ride-hailing company agrees to require that existing and new drivers confirm they understand their legal obligations to transport riders with guide dogs or other service animals, an advocacy group announced Saturday.
- Shelton looks to replace superintendent who was arrested Updated: Apr-30-16 7:14 pm
SHELTON, Nebraska - The Shelton school board is looking for an interim superintendent after the man who currently holds the job was accused of attacking his wife.
- Man found shot to death in east Las Vegas street Updated: Apr-30-16 7:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police are investigating the shooting death of a man found lying in a Las Vegas street.
- Pedestrian fatally struck by train in Tucson Updated: Apr-30-16 6:31 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police are investigating the death of a man who was hit by a train.
- Police investigate potential bomb threat at Md. mall Updated: Apr-30-16 6:17 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Police have given the all clear after investigating a potential bomb threat at the Westfield Annapolis mall.
- Stop signs where Utah city manager was ticketed removed Updated: Apr-30-16 5:48 pm
ROOSEVELT, Utah - The city manager of Roosevelt is under fire after a pair of stop signs was removed from an intersection where he was cited.
- Student arrested after unloaded guns found on school grounds Updated: Apr-30-16 5:24 pm
SUPERIOR, Wisconsin - Superior police say a 17-year-old high school student was arrested after unloaded guns were found in a vehicle on school property.
- Disbarred Naperville attorney gets 4-plus years for scheme Updated: Apr-30-16 5:12 pm
CHICAGO - A disbarred Naperville attorney has been sentenced to more than four years in federal prison and ordered to pay nearly $240,000 in restitution for her role in a mortgage fraud scheme.
- New York City man gets 60 years in 2008 Norwich killing Updated: Apr-30-16 5:10 pm
NORWICH, Connecticut - A New York City man convicted in the 2008 shooting death of a man outside a Connecticut bar has been sentenced to 60 years in prison.
- State Penitentiary inmate dies at hospital after falling ill Updated: Apr-30-16 4:52 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A 63-year-old inmate at the South Dakota State Penitentiary has died at a Sioux Falls hospital after falling ill.
- 10 arrested, drugs, guns seized in King County bust Updated: Apr-30-16 4:48 pm
BURIEN, Washington - Ten people have been arrested and large amounts of drugs, weapons, cash and cars have been confiscated as part of a high-level bust across King County.
- Kentucky State University employees file discrimination suit Updated: Apr-30-16 4:28 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A fired employee and a demoted employee at Kentucky State University have filed a federal discrimination lawsuit against President Raymond Burse.
- Las Vegas junior high teacher arrested for sex crimes Updated: Apr-30-16 4:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas junior high school teacher is accused of engaging in sexual activity involving a student.
- Omaha police announce arrest in woman's shooting death Updated: Apr-30-16 4:26 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police say they've made an arrest in the case of a woman found fatally shot in an Omaha neighborhood west of Fontenelle Park.
- Man gets prison sentence for 'repeat' robberies of 2 banks Updated: Apr-30-16 3:51 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A man who admitted he robbed two banks months after he was released from prison for robberies at the same banks five years earlier is headed back to prison.
- Judge: California police targeted gays in sting operations Updated: Apr-30-16 3:35 pm
LONG BEACH, California - A judge who said police improperly targeted gay men in sting operations has dismissed charges of lewd conduct and indecent exposure against a man who was arrested in a public bathroom.
- Complaint accuses hospital of religious discrimination Updated: Apr-30-16 3:24 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A complaint filed by a federal agency is accusing Mission Hospital of religious discrimination and violating federal law for firing three workers who refused to adhere to the hospital's flu vaccine requirement and declined the shot.
- 2 life terms for man convicted of killing Missouri couple Updated: Apr-30-16 3:09 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A 28-year-old Springfield man has been sentenced to two life terms for fatally stabbing a rural southwest Missouri couple four years ago.
- 2nd suspect arrested in 2015 slaying at Tulsa restaurant Updated: Apr-30-16 3:05 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa police have arrested a second suspect in the 2015 shooting death of the owner of a small hamburger restaurant.
- Topeka man faces 16 years for 2014 crash that killed 2 Updated: Apr-30-16 2:59 pm
MINNEAPOLIS, Kansas - A north-central Kansas man faces more than 16 years in prison for a vehicle crash that killed a teenager and her father.
- Judge orders house arrest for former Pine Lawn officer Updated: Apr-30-16 2:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - A former Pine Lawn police lieutenant convicted of federal charges earlier this year has been placed under house arrest after violating his bail conditions.
- Parents of boy missing since 1997 plead not guilty to murder Updated: Apr-30-16 2:39 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Parents of a Hawaii boy who has been missing for nearly 20 years have pleaded not guilty to murder charges.
- Papers at Little Rock, Hot Springs, Benton take top honors Updated: Apr-30-16 2:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Newspapers from Little Rock, Hot Springs and Benton have won top honors in the Arkansas Associated Press Managing Editors Association journalism contest for work done in 2015.