- Gulfport man indicted in 2014 slaying of 5-year-old girl Updated: Oct-05-15 8:20 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Gulfport man has been indicted for capital murder in the slaying of a 5-year-old girl who was abducted outside her family's apartment last year.
- Husband of ex-US Senate candidate Annette Bosworth indicted Updated: Oct-05-15 5:46 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The husband of former U.S. Senate candidate Annette Bosworth has been indicted on election law violations in connection with his wife's problematic 2014 campaign.
- Indicted Oklahoma sheriff still faces state investigation Updated: Oct-05-15 4:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma sheriff who was indicted following a grand jury investigation sparked by a volunteer deputy's fatal shooting of a restrained man still faces reviews by the state's top investigative agency and a firm Tulsa County hired to look into the sheriff's department's operations.
- Swiss refuse to release Venezuelan FIFA suspect on bail Updated: Oct-05-15 12:38 pm
ZURICH - A senior South American soccer official has been denied bail on health grounds in Switzerland as he fights extradition to the United Sates after being indicted in the FIFA bribery case.
- Indicted sheriff still faces probe by Oklahoma investigators Updated: Oct-05-15 12:38 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma sheriff who announced his resignation after his indictment last week still faces a review by the state's top investigative agency.
- Judge sets hearing in Hubbard ethics case Updated: Oct-05-15 10:16 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A judge has set a hearing on House Speaker Mike Hubbard's claims of prosecutorial misconduct and argument that the ethics law is unconstitutional.
- Officer charged after fatally hitting pedestrian with car Updated: Oct-03-15 12:56 pm
ATLANTA - Prosecutors say a grand jury has indicted an Atlanta police officer who struck and killed a pedestrian with his cruiser.
- DA: Officer charged for fatally striking pedestrian with car Updated: Oct-03-15 11:12 am
ATLANTA - Prosecutors say a grand jury has indicted an Atlanta police officer whose cruiser struck and killed a pedestrian.
- Aunt of 3-year-old East Texas boy arrested in his death Updated: Oct-02-15 8:24 pm
LUFKIN, Texas - A woman has been arrested in the August drowning of her 3-year-old nephew in an East Texas pond. That comes a month after her boyfriend was arrested in the death.
- 4 sentenced in bribery case linked to Ohio charter school Updated: Oct-02-15 4:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Four people have been sentenced in a federal bribery case linked to an Ohio charter school, including the school's former superintendent.
- Woman charged with running pill mill gets 44 years in prison Updated: Oct-02-15 10:25 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Chattanooga woman will serve 44 years in federal prison after being charged with operating a pill mill.
- 2 dealers, 2 friends indicted in Vegas casino cheating case Updated: Oct-01-15 8:27 pm
LAS VEGAS - Two former casino dealers and two friends are accused of siphoning more than $1 million off craps tables over two years, using phantom bets at a posh Las Vegas Strip resort.
- Former Baltimore prosecutor and officer indicted for theft Updated: Oct-01-15 4:26 pm
BALTIMORE - A former Baltimore prosecutor and a police officer have been charged with theft and misconduct in office stemming from a scheme involving fraudulent overtime slips.
- Trial of indicted Minneapolis nonprofit head moved to 2016 Updated: Oct-01-15 3:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The federal fraud trial for a former Minneapolis nonprofit leader has been postponed until April.
- North Texas man indicted in death of ex-girlfriend, son hurt Updated: Oct-01-15 1:24 pm
CRAWFORD, Texas - A North Texas man has been indicted in the July fatal shooting of his ex-girlfriend about a week after she accused him of stalking her.
- Woman indicted in death of newborn found in storage unit Updated: Oct-01-15 9:30 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A grand jury indicted a southern Louisiana woman Wednesday on a second-degree murder charge in the death of her newborn baby, whose body was discovered 14 years later inside a storage unit.
- Man accused of driving on drugs, crashing into woman's car Updated: Oct-01-15 7:09 am
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - Prosecutors say a Massachusetts man has been indicted on accusations he was on drugs when he collided head-on into another vehicle, injuring a pregnant woman so badly that she lost her unborn baby.
- The Latest: Sheriff says it's been honor to serve citizens Updated: Sep-30-15 7:10 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The latest on the grand jury investigation into the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office, which came under fire after a volunteer deputy fatally shot an unarmed man (all times local):
- Water Valley banker faces federal charges Updated: Sep-30-15 7:03 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - The former vice president of a Water Valley bank is free on $5,000 bond after being indicted by a federal grand jury.
- Teamsters members charged with extorting 'Top Chef' staff Updated: Sep-30-15 5:57 pm
BOSTON - Five members of a Teamsters local accused of intimidating the staff and crew of "Top Chef" while it was filmed in Boston last year were indicted Wednesday on federal extortion charges.
- Ex-Arrow Trucking CEO asks Tulsa judge for lighter sentence Updated: Sep-30-15 3:45 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The former CEO of Arrow Trucking Co. is asking a federal judge in Tulsa for leniency when he's sentenced for conspiracy and tax evasion.
- Attorney general says no quota on excessive force cases Updated: Sep-30-15 3:34 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New state guidelines on investigating excessive force complaints against police officers should improve accountability and transparency but aren't necessarily intended to raise the percentage of cases that result in indictments, New Jersey's attorney general said Tuesday at a conference on improving relations between police and residents.
- Trial delayed for 3 Ron Paul aides charged in caucus scandal Updated: Sep-30-15 3:14 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A judge has delayed trial for three former Ron Paul campaign aides charged with secretly paying off a former Iowa lawmaker in exchange for an endorsement before the 2012 presidential caucuses.
- Jury indicts man on charge of murder in infant's death Updated: Sep-30-15 12:08 pm
GLASGOW, Kentucky - A Barren County man has been indicted on a murder charge in connection with the death of an 8-week-old infant.
- 2 New York City men indicted in New Jersey home burglaries Updated: Sep-30-15 11:23 am
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Two New York City men have been indicted in a series of burglaries in nine central New Jersey communities.