- Major construction at NKorea rocket site, US institute says Updated: May-28-15 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Satellite imagery shows significant new construction at North Korea's main rocket launch site in a sign of leader Kim Jong Un's determination to pursue a space program despite international censure, a U.S. research institute said Thursday.
- United Arab Emirates launches national space agency strategy Updated: May-25-15 11:01 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates on Monday laid out a strategic framework for a newly created space agency that aims to integrate various arms of the Gulf federation's burgeoning space industry.
- Failed launches cast shadow over Russian space program Updated: May-21-15 10:25 am
MOSCOW - Back-to-back rocket launch failures have dealt Russia one of the heaviest blows to its space industry since the Soviet collapse - with national pride and billions of dollars at stake.
- Air Force launches hush-hush mini-shuttle into space Updated: May-20-15 1:48 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - A mysterious space plane rocketed into orbit Wednesday, carrying no crew but a full load of technology experiments.
- Russian rocket carrying Mexican satellite fails after launch Updated: May-16-15 2:19 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - A Russian rocket carrying a Mexican satellite malfunctioned Saturday shortly after its launch - the latest mishap to hit Russia's troubled space industry, whose Soviet-era glory has been tarnished by a series of launch failures.
- Northwest Indian College launches space center Updated: May-15-15 1:43 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Six years ago, a handful of Northwest Indian College robotics students were looking for something to do when they came up with what they considered a relatively easy and fun idea: launching rockets.
- Blog site Tumblr launches anti-bullying support campaign Updated: May-13-15 11:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Actress Elizabeth Banks, singer Jordin Sparks and Vice President Joe Biden are among those helping Tumblr establish a safe place from bullies online.
- Russian launch failure delays landing for space station crew Updated: May-12-15 1:05 pm
MOSCOW - The launch failure of an unmanned Russian cargo spaceship has prompted the nation's space agency to delay both the landing of some of the International Space Station's crew and the launch of their successors, officials said Tuesday.
- SpaceX capsule soars with dummy in 1st test of crew escape Updated: May-06-15 1:07 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - SpaceX chalked up another big test flight Wednesday, firing a capsule into the air to try out its new, super-streamlined launch escape system for astronauts.
- Bezos' secretive space company launches unmanned test flight Updated: Apr-30-15 4:08 pm
VAN HORN, Texas - A private space company founded by Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos has launched an unmanned spaceship in its first test flight, the latest development in the commercial space race.