- Education chief gets favorable job review Updated: Apr-16-14 4:08 am
- Bill would remove legislative OK for commissioner Updated: Apr-16-14 4:07 am
- Lions coach Caldwell to speak to Detroit students Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- Michigan DNR offers middle school program on bears Updated: Apr-16-14 4:04 am
- Artworks by USC faculty, students at auction Updated: Apr-16-14 4:04 am
- Land Between The Lakes offering field trip grants Updated: Apr-16-14 4:04 am
- Grant to fund expansion of Ivy Tech-Kokomo program Updated: Apr-16-14 3:59 am
- Farm to Campus effort adds Campbellsville Updated: Apr-16-14 3:34 am
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits? Updated: Apr-16-14 3:01 am
- WVU students to be required to have own insurance Updated: Apr-16-14 2:34 am
- Classes to resume at Pennsylvania stabbing school Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 am
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT Updated: Apr-16-14 12:46 am
- Lawmakers OK expanding coalfield scholarship bill Updated: Apr-15-14 10:52 pm
- Senate rejects revival of Grand Canyon U tax break Updated: Apr-15-14 9:07 pm
- Police: Ex-ISU president says he yelled at worker Updated: Apr-15-14 8:52 pm
- Bryant schools evacuated after threat found Updated: Apr-15-14 8:25 pm
- UNC investigator meets with Willingham Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- Ex-Minnesota State, Mankato coach returning to job Updated: Apr-15-14 7:57 pm
- Princeton hires first woman athletic director Updated: Apr-15-14 7:39 pm
- Ex-library official enters guilty plea to bribery Updated: Apr-15-14 7:10 pm
- Panel of administrators: NCAA system must change Updated: Apr-15-14 7:08 pm
- Louisiana College names interim president Updated: Apr-15-14 7:00 pm
- Joint panel critical of Ark. lottery monitor games Updated: Apr-15-14 6:40 pm
- Iowa Public Radio seeks more from universities Updated: Apr-15-14 6:31 pm
- Missouri chancellor vows changes after rape case Updated: Apr-15-14 6:26 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State Superintendent of Education John White has received a favorable job evaluation.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Efforts to get state lawmakers out of decision-making over the salary for Louisiana's higher education commissioner are advancing in the Legislature.
DETROIT - More than 300 high school student-athletes will hear about sportsmanship and respect from Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Natural Resources has developed a program to help middle schoolers learn about Michigan's plants and animals by focusing on a year in the life of a bear.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Artworks by faculty and students at the University of South Carolina are being auctioned for a good cause.
GOLDEN POND, Kentucky - Grants are now available to educators interested in taking students on field trips to Land Between The Lakes, a 170,000-acre recreation area on the Kentucky-Tennessee border.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Ivy Tech's Kokomo Region will get a $3.3 million federal grant to expand a job-training program that serves industrial technology students.
CAMPBELLSVILLE, Kentucky - Campbellsville University has joined the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's Farm to Campus program.
EVANSTON, Illinois - They're called leggings - popular fashion items that are tight-fitting pants to some, and glorified tights to others.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University is requiring students to have health insurance next academic year.
MURRYSVILLE, Pennsylvania - A Pittsburgh-area high school is to resume classes one week after a student stabbed 21 others and a security guard, leaving four students still hospitalized.
WASHINGTON - Anxious students - not to mention their parents - can get a heads-up for how the redesigned SAT might look in two years.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Lawmakers have given final passage to a bill expanding a scholarship program for students in Kentucky's struggling coal regions.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate on Tuesday narrowly rejected an effort to revive a proposal granting a private Christian university a major break on its property taxes.
NORMAL, Illinois - An Illinois State University Police report indicates former President Timothy Flanagan acknowledged yelling at an employee but denied he spat on or made contact with the man.
BRYANT, Arkansas - School and police officials in Bryant say no bomb was found and a juvenile is in custody after a student found writing on a bathroom stall at Bryant Middle School that read "I have a bomb."
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The reading specialist who questioned the literacy level of athletes who were admitted to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has met with an investigator looking into academic fraud at the school.
MINNEAPOLIS - The football coach fired from Minnesota State, Mankato announced Tuesday that he will return to the job after an arbitrator ruled he was wrongfully terminated, saying the decision wasn't easy but that it would help him and his family heal.
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Mollie Marcoux has been hired as Princeton's athletic director, leaving her job as a sports management executive and returning to the school where she starred in two sports.
DETROIT - The ex-technology chief for Detroit's public libraries has pleaded guilty to bribery and conspiracy to commit bribery.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A panel of college administrators agree the NCAA business model has to change to survive.
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - Louisiana College has named an interim president after moving President Joe Aguillard into an emeritus role.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas lottery is trying to find ways to boost sales so the state can award more college scholarships, but a legislative panel showed little affection Tuesday for the methods that could be employed.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa Public Radio is asking for additional funding from the state's three public universities, a departure from a plan to become financially independent of them, according to a proposal released Tuesday.
ST. LOUIS - The University of Missouri's new chancellor said Tuesday he is prepared to make the school "accountable and responsible" after an independent review faulted its response to the suicide of a former swimmer who told health professionals before her death that she had been raped by several football players.