- World Cup biathlon returns to northern Maine Updated: Feb-11-16 4:00 am
PRESQUE ISLE, Maine - The World Cup Biathlon is returning to northern Maine.
- Ski jump leader Prevc wins in Norway Updated: Feb-10-16 5:19 pm
TRONDHEIM, Norway - Peter Prevc was another leap closer to becoming the ski jumping World Cup champion with a victory in Trondheim on Wednesday.
- Frenzel eases to Nordic combined WCup win in Trond Updated: Feb-10-16 12:58 pm
TRONDHEIM, Norway - Germany's Eric Frenzel extended his lead in the Nordic Combined World Cup after winning in Trondheim on Wednesday.
- A Wyoming cowboy is snow master for the Pyeongchang Olympics Updated: Feb-09-16 7:00 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Cattle rancher Tom Johnston is a Wyoming cowboy gone global who's the master of snow for Alpine skiing events at the Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Janka wins super-G at 2018 Olympics test by large margin Updated: Feb-07-16 1:20 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Former overall World Cup champion Carlo Janka won the super-G test event for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics by a large margin Sunday, while several pre-race favorites failed to finish their runs.
- Cross-Country World Cup Results Updated: Feb-06-16 1:14 pm
1. Martin Johnsrud Sundby, Norway, 2 hours, 8 minutes, 41.9 seconds.
- Sundby dominates cross-country World Cup meet in Oslo Updated: Feb-06-16 10:07 am
OSLO - Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway extended his lead at the top of the cross-country World Cup standings with an impressive win in the 50-kilometer classical-style race on Saturday.
- Wind whisperer: US skier Nyman 3rd in Olympic downhill test Updated: Feb-06-16 9:23 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Steven Nyman couldn't have picked a better place to post his first podium result of the season: on the downhill course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Sean Doherty carves out name for himself in biathlon Updated: Feb-05-16 10:03 pm
One of the most decorated young athletes in biathlon history isn't from Russia or Norway or even Germany.
- Holy trees spark debate on future of Olympic downhill course Updated: Feb-05-16 10:45 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - The long-term future of the downhill course for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics is coming under the spotlight this weekend at the Alpine skiing test event for the games.
- Weibrecht competes in Pyeongchang as wife goes into labor Updated: Feb-04-16 12:12 pm
JEONGSEON, South Korea - With his wife about to give birth back home in Lake Placid, New York, American skier Andrew Weibrecht felt conflicted about traveling to Asia to test the downhill and super-G course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- 'No slow motion needed' on tame Pyeongchang downhill course Updated: Feb-04-16 3:45 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - No super-steep gradients, no rock-hard ice, no death-defying speeds.
- Jansrud leads downhill training at Pyeongchang test event Updated: Feb-04-16 12:20 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Kjetil Jansrud led the opening training session for a World Cup downhill on the course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Olympic champion Ted Ligety injures knee in training crash Updated: Jan-27-16 5:34 pm
Olympic and world giant slalom champion Ted Ligety flew past a gate in a training session Wednesday, when he suddenly spun around and landed hard on his side.
- Austrian skier Reichelt plans return a week after bad crash Updated: Jan-27-16 9:40 am
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Austrian skier Hannes Reichelt is planning to compete in a World Cup downhill on Saturday, a week after sustaining bruises and a mild concussion in a crash at the classic race in Kitzbuehel.
- Kristoffersen beats Hirscher again in World Cup slalom Updated: Jan-26-16 5:11 pm
SCHLADMING, Austria - Henrik Kristoffersen of Norway won his sixth slalom in a stellar World Cup season, matching a feat previously achieved only by three of the biggest names in ski racing history.
- Werner Herzog on ski jumping and filming in North Korea Updated: Jan-25-16 11:16 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - The first time Werner Herzog came to Sundance a little over a decade ago with "Grizzly Man," he asked that the Festival prepare the Olympic-sized ski jump ramps for him.
- Svindal out for season: Bad crashes on Streif spark debate Updated: Jan-23-16 3:12 pm
KITZBUEHEL, Austria - Aksel Lund Svindal had all eyes on him once more after a World Cup downhill on Saturday, but this time not for the reason he wanted.
- Streif downhill called off after 30 starters, Fill wins Updated: Jan-23-16 1:13 pm
KITZBUEHEL, Austria - Overall World Cup leader Aksel Lund Svindal sustained a season-ending knee injury in a dramatic men's World Cup downhill, which was called off because of poor visibility after three serious crashes among only 30 starters on Saturday.
- Bill Johnson, brash Olympic downhill champion, dies at 55 Updated: Jan-22-16 1:47 pm
Bill Johnson craved speed - the faster, the better. He stole cars as a kid, got in trouble for it and was ordered by a judge to make a choice: Ski school or jail.
- Svindal wins World Cup super-G for 7th victory of season Updated: Jan-22-16 11:46 am
KITZBUEHEL, Austria - Aksel Lund Svindal mastered a tricky super-G course Friday to extend Norway's World Cup winning streak to five races, and Alexis Pinturault of France won the combined event for the third straight year.
- Olympic official confident for Alpine test races in S Korea Updated: Jan-17-16 1:55 pm
WENGEN, Switzerland - Olympic course designer Bernhard Russi has "full confidence" that men's Alpine World Cup racers will go to South Korea next month for a 2018 Pyeongchang Games test event that was in doubt.
- Norway wins ski flying team world title ahead of Germany Updated: Jan-17-16 10:35 am
BAD MITTERNDORF, Austria - Norway's four jumpers put together balanced performances in tricky wind conditions to win the team gold medal at the ski flying world championship on Sunday.
- Veronika Velez Zuzulova wins women's World Cup night slalom Updated: Jan-15-16 2:29 pm
FLACHAU, Austria - Veronika Velez Zuzulova of Slovakia won her second straight World Cup night slalom on Friday with a blistering second run.
- Jansrud edges Svindal for Norway 1-2 in World Cup combined Updated: Jan-15-16 10:46 am
WENGEN, Switzerland - Norway keeps racing toward a historically successful World Cup season.