- Carrard panel starts reform work for crisis-hit FIFA Updated: Sep-02-15 1:51 pm
BERN, Switzerland - A panel steering reforms of football's crisis-hit governing body started work Wednesday on its mission to help FIFA change and restore its credibility.
- US goalie Brad Guzan: 'Nothing changes' with Howard's return Updated: Aug-31-15 4:12 pm
WASHINGTON - With their roles reversed, No. 1 goalkeeper Brad Guzan of the United States insists "nothing changes" in his relationship with World Cup standout Tim Howard.
- Iran coach says Guam visa hassles nothing to do with soccer Updated: Aug-23-15 4:12 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Iran coach Carlos Queiroz says the frustrations faced by the tiny Pacific island of Guam in obtaining visas to travel to Tehran for a World Cup qualifier next month give just a glimpse of the problems long faced by his team in negotiating international soccer.
- FIFA, WCup sponsors talk in secret over corruption crisis Updated: Aug-20-15 4:34 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has met with some World Cup sponsors in a meeting they demanded after a corruption crisis rocked football's governing body.
- Japan disappoints with last-place finish in East Asian Cup Updated: Aug-09-15 10:29 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea winning its third East Asian Cup on Sunday was no surprise. Japan finishing bottom of the four-team competition that included China and North Korea was less expected.