- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.
- Brazil faces uncertainty after another disappointing defeat Updated: Jun-28-15 10:33 am
SAO PAULO - It just keeps getting worse for Brazil's national team.
- Ghana FA to challenge report on World Cup money Updated: Jun-27-15 5:26 am
ACCRA, Ghana - The Ghana Football Association will challenge some of the findings of an inquiry which questioned how over $3.5 million meant for the team's preparations for last year's World Cup was used.
- Brazil has history on its side in U20 World Cup final Updated: Jun-19-15 1:30 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Brazil will carry a significant edge in experience and a remarkable record of defensive impregnability into Saturday's final against Serbia at the Under-20 World Cup.
- Asian powers unconvincing in World Cup qualifying Updated: Jun-17-15 1:24 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The four power teams of Asian football avoided defeat in their opening World Cup qualifiers, yet none put in performances that will dispel the doubts about the strength of the region's teams following their combined winless record at the 2014 World Cup.
- Depardieu intervened for widely panned FIFA movie Updated: Jun-15-15 10:19 am
PARIS - Actor Gerard Depardieu personally intervened to persuade the Cannes Film Festival to show the FIFA-funded movie "United Passions" that sank almost without trace at the box office after being panned by critics.
- Champions League highlights importance of Europe to FIFA Updated: Jun-07-15 2:18 pm
BERLIN - As the powerbrokers of European soccer celebrated their championship weekend and some jokingly congratulated themselves for staying out of jail, many said that the next FIFA president needs to do a better job of listening to the continent that pays most of the bills.
- Things learned from Barcelona's Champions League win Updated: Jun-07-15 2:04 am
BERLIN - Looking ahead to next year's Champions League final: Can the newly crowned champion, Barcelona, defend the European title it won so spectacularly against Juventus?
- Irish unveil terms of secret FIFA cash deal over handball Updated: Jun-05-15 8:35 pm
DUBLIN - Irish soccer chiefs disclosed documentary evidence Friday of how FIFA paid millions to buy Ireland's silence on the handball that cost the Irish a chance to reach the 2010 World Cup.
- A glance at Thursday's developments in FIFA investigation Updated: Jun-04-15 5:03 pm
Thursday's key developments in the FIFA investigation:
- FIFA: Blatter resignation won't lead many to quit Updated: Jun-04-15 10:08 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - A consistent ally of Sepp Blatter, Danny Jordaan already has a new job.
- Belgium rises to No. 2 in FIFA rankings led by Germany Updated: Jun-04-15 5:29 am
ZURICH - Belgium has risen above Argentina to No. 2 in the monthly FIFA rankings, which are still topped by World Cup winner Germany.
- FIFA says Valcke not behind $10M payment in corruption probe Updated: Jun-02-15 2:02 pm
GENEVA - Amid a deepening corruption crisis within soccer's governing body that has led to Sepp Blatter's decision to resign, FIFA earlier defended its second-in-command on Tuesday by trying to distance him from claims he helped authorize $10 million in bribes for World Cup bidding votes.
- Former Brazil soccer president Teixeira facing investigation Updated: Jun-02-15 9:27 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian federal police requested that prosecutors charge the former president of the country's soccer confederation with corruption crimes related to $147 million in "atypical" bank transfers as he led preparations for the 2014 World Cup.