- NY prosecutors: 2 plotted to torture, kill women Updated: Mar-11-14 5:50 pm
- Man charged with torture in burning of son, 6 Updated: Feb-28-14 6:45 pm
- Key figure admits role in suspected NY hate attack Updated: Feb-21-14 2:26 pm
- Woman pleads guilty to abusing, torturing her kids Updated: Feb-20-14 9:16 am
- Man in blowtorch attack ordered to stand trial Updated: Feb-14-14 8:55 pm
- Mother of slain Pa. boy gets max of 28 years Updated: Feb-14-14 6:17 pm
- Conn. woman accused of trying kill mother, 70 Updated: Feb-11-14 11:35 am
- Institute accuses ex-labor camp boss of 115 deaths Updated: Feb-11-14 7:55 am
NEW YORK - A former high school librarian and an auto mechanic who swapped ideas for abducting, raping and killing women plotted to turn their disturbing fantasies into deadly action, prosecutors told jurors Tuesday, while defense lawyers said the men just thought up scenarios no more real than horror movies or violent pornography.
SAGINAW, Michigan - A Saginaw man has been charged with torture in the burning of his 6-year-old son in their home.
NEW YORK - The reputed leader of a neighborhood street gang has admitted a role in a brutal assault on three people that authorities called one of the worst cases of anti-gay violence in New York City history.
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A Moss Point woman has pleaded guilty to felony charges accusing her of abusing and torturing her three children.
DETROIT - A 23-year-old ex-con has been ordered to stand trial in the kidnapping and torture of a Detroit woman who was beaten and burned with a blowtorch.
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania woman will serve up to 28 years behind bars stemming from the severe abuse and death of her 6-week-old son.
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman punched, slashed and choked her 70-year-old mother before apparently giving up in frustration when her mother wouldn't die, according to police.
BUCHAREST, Romania - A Romanian agency has accused the former commander of a labor camp of crimes against humanity for the deaths of 115 political prisoners.