- Mexico drops charges against 4 men, finds they were tortured Updated: May-27-15 9:38 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge has freed four men imprisoned for almost seven years on charges they threw hand grenades into a crowd at a Mexican independence day celebration in 2008, killing eight people.
- Police arrest woman, 24, in 2014 torture death Updated: May-27-15 5:29 am
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania woman has been arrested in the killing of a man who appeared to be tortured before he was found buried under debris on a Pittsburgh hillside last year.
- Group: Hamas tortured, killed Palestinians in 2014 Gaza war Updated: May-26-15 11:10 pm
JERUSALEM - A leading international watchdog on Wednesday accused the militant Hamas group of abducting, torturing and killing Palestinians during the war in the Gaza Strip last year, saying some of the actions amount to war crimes.
- Central Ohio man sentenced to 95 years in torture case Updated: May-22-15 3:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A judge has sentenced an Ohio man to 95 years in prison in the kidnapping and torture of three people two years ago.
- Jury finds man guilty in kidnapping, torture of 3 people Updated: May-20-15 1:25 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A jury has convicted an Ohio man in the kidnapping and torture of three people two years ago.
- Amnesty International warns over torture practice in Morocco Updated: May-19-15 10:49 am
RABAT, Morocco - Moroccan authorities still use torture widely despite a ban on the practice, the Amnesty International rights group said in a report Tuesday documenting the abuse.
- Youths accused of torture-murder of 6-year-old in Mexico Updated: May-17-15 2:58 pm
MEXICO CITY - Prosecutors in a Mexican border state say a group of youths aged 11 to 15 tortured, killed and buried a 6-year-old boy as part of what they considered "playing."
- Poland makes payout to alleged victims of CIA renditions Updated: May-15-15 11:49 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland is paying a quarter of a million dollars to two terror suspects allegedly tortured by the CIA in a secret facility in this country - prompting outrage among many here who feel they are being punished for American wrongdoing.
- Rights group: China police use torture despite legal reforms Updated: May-13-15 6:08 am
BEIJING - Police abuse of criminal suspects to extract confessions in China is a serious problem despite measures to reform the legal system, such as moves to exclude evidence obtained through torture, Human Rights Watch said in a report Wednesday.
- Man, teen sentenced in murder of homeless Flint veteran Updated: May-11-15 2:41 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A teenage boy and a young man have been sentenced to spend 22 to 40 years in prison for torturing and fatally beating a 57-year-old homeless veteran in Flint.
- Chicago OKs $5.5M in reparations for police torture victims Updated: May-06-15 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago's leaders took a step Wednesday typically reserved for nations trying to make amends for slavery or genocide, agreeing to pay $5.5 million in reparations to the mostly African-American victims of the city's notorious police torture scandal and to teach schoolchildren about one of the most shameful chapters of Chicago's history.
- 2 Iowa residents plead guilty in Va. sex trafficking case Updated: May-01-15 6:17 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Two Iowa residents have pleaded guilty in a federal sex trafficking case in Virginia.