- Man to be released from prison after 30 years Updated: Dec-11-13 1:05 am
- Activists, families protest Kashmir disappearances Updated: Dec-10-13 6:05 am
- 4th of 6 convicted in Pa. disabled woman's torture Updated: Dec-05-13 11:55 am
- Spain suspects in torture case fight extradition Updated: Dec-05-13 9:06 am
- Neb. convict in torture-murder case wants reprieve Updated: Nov-28-13 12:17 pm
- China aims to curb wrongful convictions amid abuse Updated: Nov-27-13 2:41 am
- 2 arrested in alleged Ohio kidnap, torture Updated: Nov-14-13 7:11 am
- Man gets death for rape-killing of CA woman, 84 Updated: Nov-12-13 8:13 pm
- Court date delay for Calif. couple in torture plot Updated: Nov-12-13 5:56 pm
CHICAGO - A man who says Chicago police tortured him until he confessed to a rape he didn't commit was expected to walk out of an Illinois prison Wednesday after 30 years behind bars.
SRINAGAR, India - Activists and families staged sit-in protests in Indian-held Kashmir on Tuesday to demand justice for torture and rape victims as well as answers about how 8,000 people allegedly disappeared in the conflict-ridden Himalayan territory.
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - The fourth of six people charged in the February 2010 torture-murder of a mentally disabled woman pleaded guilty and been sentenced to 40 to 80 years in prison.
MADRID - Two former Spanish police officers accused of torturing people during the country's Franco dictatorship said Thursday they will fight extradition to Argentina, where a judge acting on the principle of universal jurisdiction has issued warrants for their arrests.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska man convicted for his role in two grisly cult-related murders in 1985 is asking the state to end his lifetime parole supervision.
BEIJING - Chen Keyun's legal nightmare began in 2001 when he was accused of detonating a bomb outside a Communist Party office in his southern coastal city of Fuqing.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police in central Ohio say they've arrested a man and women who are accused of kidnapping three people and torturing them last summer.
SANTA ANA, California - A man who raped, tortured and murdered an 84-year-old Orange County woman has been sentenced to death.
SANTA ANA, California - A couple charged in the torture of a medical marijuana dispensary owner who had his penis severed and was left for dead in the desert have had their first court appearance delayed.