- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared Updated: Mar-08-14 8:11 pm
- USS Somerset commissioned as Flight 93 tribute Updated: Mar-01-14 4:54 pm
- Swiss court orders hijack suspect held in custody Updated: Feb-20-14 2:37 pm
- Ethiopia pilot was distraught over death in family Updated: Feb-18-14 9:46 am
- Ethiopia pilot was distraught over death in family Updated: Feb-18-14 7:51 am
- Ethiopian co-pilot hijacks plane to Geneva Updated: Feb-17-14 5:50 pm
- Report: Turkish court arrests hijacker Updated: Feb-09-14 3:28 pm
- Attempt to hijack Turkish plane to Sochi foiled Updated: Feb-07-14 10:20 pm
NEW YORK - The most dangerous parts of a flight are takeoff and landing. Rarely do incidents happen when a plane is cruising seven miles above the earth.
PHILADELPHIA - A new U.S. Navy ship named to honor 40 passengers and crew killed when their hijacked United Airlines flight crashed as they fought with terrorists during the Sept. 11 attacks was put into service in Philadelphia Saturday.
GENEVA - A Swiss court has ordered the co-pilot of a hijacked Ethiopian Airlines plane held in custody pending further investigation and appointed him a defense counsel.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The Ethiopian pilot who hijacked a flight to Rome and took it to Geneva recently lost his uncle, a relative said Tuesday, suggesting anguish over the death may have left him on edge.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The uncle of an Ethiopian pilot who hijacked a flight to Rome and took it to Geneva says his nephew had been distraught over the loss of another uncle.
GENEVA - It seemed like a routine overnight flight until the Ethiopian Airlines jetliner went into a dive and oxygen masks dropped from the ceiling. Only then did the terrified passengers - bound for Italy from Addis Ababa - realize something was terribly wrong.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run agency says a court in Istanbul has formally arrested a Ukrainian man who allegedly tried to hijack a Turkey-bound flight to Sochi, Russia, as the Winter Olympics were beginning.
ANKARA, Turkey - A Ukrainian man tried to hijack a Turkey-bound flight to Sochi, Russia, as the Winter Olympics were kicking off Friday, but the pilot tricked him and landed in Istanbul instead, where he was stealthily detained after a four-hour stand-off on a plane full of passengers, an official said.