- Delle Donne scores 22 points, leads Sky past Mystics, 69-68 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:29 pm
- Tina Charles scores 29 points, Liberty beat Storm 78-62 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:05 pm
- Lavender, Parker lead Sparks past Stars, 80-78 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:00 pm
- Overseas Elite wins $1 million in The Basketball Tournament Updated: Aug-02-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - Former St. John's player D.J. Kennedy scored 24 points and Overseas Elite won The Basketball Tournament and its $1 million prize by beating Team 23, 67-65 on Sunday.
- Dupree scores 27 points to lead Mercury past Dream, 71-68 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:47 pm
- New York Liberty honor Becky Hammon Updated: Aug-02-15 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - Becky Hammon got her WNBA start in New York and never has forgotten where she came from.
- Emotional scenes as South Sudan gains Olympic status Updated: Aug-02-15 9:22 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - With an Olympic flag draped around his neck, the official from South Sudan couldn't contain his emotion.
- Mavericks sign 1st-round pick Justin Anderson Updated: Aug-01-15 10:59 pm
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks signed first-round draft pick Justin Anderson on Saturday.
- Moore keys Minnesota Lynx win over Tulsa Shock 86-80 Updated: Aug-01-15 10:37 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Maya Moore scored 16 of her 20 points in the fourth quarter and Sylvia Fowles added 19 points to lead the Minnesota Lynx to an 86-80 win over Tulsa on Saturday night.
- Mavunga transfers from North Carolina to Ohio State Updated: Aug-01-15 5:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - North Carolina center Stephanie Mavunga is transferring to Ohio State, leaving the Tar Heels without their entire four-player recruiting class ranked No. 1 nationally in 2013.
- Calipari, Towns impressed by Wildcats' summer workouts Updated: Aug-01-15 1:56 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach John Calipari believes his latest class of talented recruits can keep the Wildcats in the national championship discussion.
- NBA's current, former stars put on show in Africa exhibition Updated: Aug-01-15 12:53 pm
JOHANNESBURG - The NBA put on a show in its first exhibition game in Africa on Saturday - starting with a dunk straight from the tip-off by Luc Mbah a Moute.
- High school student balances schoolwork, sports, being teen Updated: Aug-01-15 11:46 am
FRANKLIN, Kentucky - Fifteen-year-old junior Maddie Alexander plays four sports for Franklin-Simpson High School: soccer, cross country, basketball and track.
- Parker leads LA Sparks to 88-77 win over Chicago Sky Updated: Jul-31-15 11:20 pm
- Moore leads Minnesota Lynx past Atlanta Dream, 86-70 Updated: Jul-31-15 10:27 pm
- Mystics win 5th straight, 88-53 over Stars Updated: Jul-31-15 10:26 pm
- Stricklen hits go-ahead with 8.2 left, Sun beat Storm 67-66 Updated: Jul-31-15 9:32 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Shekinna Stricklen scored off a rebound with 8.2 seconds left to give Connecticut the lead and finished with 15 points in the Sun's 67-66 victory over the Seattle Storm on Friday night.
- Nuggets sign Emmanuel Mudiay to multiyear deal Updated: Jul-31-15 9:11 pm
DENVER - The Denver Nuggets signed top pick Emmanuel Mudiay to a multiyear deal Friday.
- Hurley hits the ground running with Sun Devils Updated: Jul-31-15 8:10 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Bobby Hurley's arrival at Arizona State created a buzz in the desert and drew national attention to a program often overshadowed by its rival to the south.
- Zettel will keep taking down ball carriers, but not trees Updated: Jul-31-15 7:41 pm
CHICAGO - Penn State defensive tackle Anthony Zettel can drive a golf ball more than 300 yards, throw a football about 60 yards and is one of the best basketball players on the football team.
- Kentucky faces North Carolina in alumni charity game at Rupp Updated: Jul-31-15 6:56 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky pro players will face a similar squad of North Carolina stars on Sept. 13 at Rupp Arena in an alumni game benefiting charity.
- Pacers' Jordan Hill arrested in Georgia for reckless driving Updated: Jul-31-15 6:44 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Pacers newcomer Jordan Hill was arrested near Atlanta on charges of reckless driving and speeding after police clocked his car going 107 mph in a 65 mph zone.
- Column: Harbaugh is... 'The Most Interesting Man in Big Ten' Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Compared to the rest of Jim Harbaugh's year, this was tame stuff.
- Louisville coach Walz, Cardinals' Moore win 2nd USA gold Updated: Jul-31-15 5:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville coach Jeff Walz and Cardinals standout Mariya Moore have their eyes set on an NCAA championship after teaming up to lead Team USA to a second consecutive international championship.
- Mavs sign free-agent forward Jeremy Evans Updated: Jul-31-15 5:33 pm
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks signed free-agent forward Jeremy Evans on Friday.