- Man mistaken for hat-wearing bank robber seeks $3.3 million Updated: Sep-01-15 4:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Rodolfo Valladares wore the wrong hat to the wrong Miami bank while trying to cash a $100 check in a case of mistaken identity that's led to a court battle over $3.3 million.
- Former Hoya Patrick Ewing Jr. joins Georgetown hoops staff Updated: Sep-01-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Georgetown basketball player Patrick Ewing Jr. has returned as director of basketball operations.
- Kansas State students asked to sign sportsmanship pledge Updated: Sep-01-15 3:30 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State students will have to sign a sportsmanship pledge before they can pick up their tickets for sporting events this year.
- Duquesne names David Harper athletic director Updated: Sep-01-15 3:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - Duquesne has named longtime University of Dayton administrator David Harper as the school's new athletic director.
- Pitt adds junior college transfer guard Jonathan Milligan Updated: Sep-01-15 2:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh gave its depleted backcourt a boost on Tuesday, adding junior college transfer Jonathan Milligan.
- Hawks to retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season Updated: Sep-01-15 2:17 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks will retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season, about two months after he is enshrined into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Majority owners of Tulsa Shock seek dismissal of lawsuit Updated: Sep-01-15 1:00 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The majority owners of the Tulsa Shock are asking a judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by a minority stakeholder who's challenging the WNBA team's move to Dallas.
- Alex Morgan featured in series produced by LeBron James Updated: Sep-01-15 10:38 am
CLEVELAND - Soccer star Alex Morgan will be the first athlete profiled on Disney's inspirational "Becoming" series produced by LeBron James.
- NBA D-League Skyforce set tryouts in Sioux Falls, Miami Updated: Sep-01-15 9:50 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Athletes with dreams of playing professional basketball can try out for the NBA Development League team in South Dakota.
- Fans to remember former NBA great Darryl Dawkins Updated: Sep-01-15 7:28 am
CATASAUQUA, Pennsylvania - Fans will get their chance to remember former NBA great Darryl Dawkins.
- Milwaukee funding for new Bucks arena goes before public Updated: Aug-31-15 9:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - The public's first opportunity to formally comment on part of a $500 million funding plan to build a new Milwaukee Bucks arena attracted an overflow crowd Monday evening, with one group questioning how the city has enough money to help pay for the project but not neighborhood or school investments.
- Divac adds title of GM of Kings Updated: Aug-31-15 8:54 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Vlade Divac has added the title of general manager of the Sacramento Kings.
- LA Clippers sign veteran free agent Chuck Hayes Updated: Aug-31-15 8:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers have signed free agent veteran Chuck Hayes.
- The Latest: Plan calls for tax districts for Bucks arena Updated: Aug-31-15 8:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee development and financial officials are giving the public its first official look at the final piece of a $500 million funding plan for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks. Here's the latest (all times local):
- Indiana Fever re-sign point guard Briann January Updated: Aug-31-15 7:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Fever have signed point guard Briann January to a contract extension.
- Hoosiers kick Holt off team, discipline Bryant Updated: Aug-31-15 6:44 pm
Indiana coach Tom Crean isn't just talking tough. He's getting tough.
- Minnesota to open Big Ten season at Ohio State Updated: Aug-31-15 3:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Gophers open the men's basketball season at home against Missouri-Kansas City on Nov. 13.
- Morton resigns as assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall Updated: Aug-31-15 10:51 am
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - Dwayne Morton has resigned as an assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall.
- Tickets on sale Wednesday for Louisville scrimmages Updated: Aug-31-15 4:09 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Tickets go on sale Wednesday for two Louisville men's basketball scrimmages to be held in October.
- Lynx happy to see August end after struggling this month Updated: Aug-31-15 2:53 am
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Lynx came into the season as the prohibitive favorite to win their third WNBA championship in five seasons. Acquiring Olympian Sylvia Fowles in late July did nothing to change that.
- Loyd, Langhorne lead Storm past Mystics, 69-59 Updated: Aug-30-15 11:34 pm
- Moore, Fowles lead Lynx to 71-61 win over Mercury Updated: Aug-30-15 11:08 pm
- Sun stave off elimination with 72-68 win over Chicago Sky Updated: Aug-30-15 9:51 pm
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Kelsey Bone scored 25 points and Connecticut kept its slim playoff hopes alive by erasing a nine-point, fourth-quarter deficit to earn a 72-68 win over the short-handed Chicago Sky on Sunday night.
- Lavender leads Sparks to wire-to-wire, 60-52 win over Stars Updated: Aug-30-15 9:29 pm
- Nigeria wins African basketball title, gets Olympic spot Updated: Aug-30-15 8:54 pm
RADES, Tunisia - Nigeria won its first African basketball championship and earned a spot in the 2016 Olympics.