- LeBron's 33 lead Cavaliers past Bulls 106-91 in Game 2 Updated: May-06-15 10:35 pm
CLEVELAND - The headband returned. The aggressiveness, dunks and dazzling plays all came back, too.
- Oklahoma City chamber urging governor to veto gun bill Updated: May-06-15 10:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A proposal that would prohibit private entities from banning firearms in parks, recreational areas or fairgrounds in Oklahoma could threaten dozens of events held in Oklahoma City, including horse shows, basketball tournaments and the Women's College World Series, the head of the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce said Wednesday.
- Arkansas' Jackson invited to USA Basketball women's tryouts Updated: May-06-15 9:20 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas forward Jessica Jackson is one of 54 women's college basketball players invited to tryouts for the USA Basketball Women's Pan American Games and World University Games teams.
- Top WNBA players use new leverage to demand trades, sit out Updated: May-06-15 8:23 pm
LAS VEGAS - Several of the WNBA's marquee players are flexing newly gained leverage to make demands on the league, including forcing trades and dictating when they'll play.
- Guard Nigel Williams-Goss transferring to Gonzaga Updated: May-06-15 8:06 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Former Washington starting point guard Nigel Williams-Goss will transfer to Gonzaga and be eligible for the 2016-17 season when the series between the Huskies and Bulldogs is scheduled to resume.
- LeBron puts headband back on for Game 2 vs. Chicago Updated: May-06-15 7:37 pm
CLEVELAND - King James placed his crown back on for Game 2.
- Utah Jazz hold first pre-draft workouts of summer Updated: May-06-15 6:53 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Quin Snyder and his assistants weren't in place when the Utah Jazz began their pre-draft workouts a year ago. The entire coaching staff will have its fingerprints all over the process this time around.
- Cavaliers cancel arm slings giveaway during playoffs Updated: May-06-15 6:24 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cavaliers canceled a plan to give away 20,000 arm slings to fans to show support for injured starting forward Kevin Love, who is out for the rest of the NBA playoffs.
- New Jersey prep guard Malik Ellison signs with St. John's Updated: May-06-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - New Jersey high school guard Malik Ellison signed a national letter of intent with St. John's on Wednesday.
- 3 South Carolina athletes invited to try out for US teams Updated: May-06-15 4:56 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - University of South Carolina women's basketball players Tiffany Mitchell, Alaina Coates and A'ja Wilson are heading to U.S. tryout camps to earn spots on national teams competing this summer.
- Kentucky guard Epps suspended following alcohol incident Updated: May-06-15 4:48 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach Matthew Mitchell has suspended star sophomore guard Makayla Epps after she was cited on alcohol-related charges in her hometown.
- Pitt guard Newkirk undergoes knee surgery Updated: May-06-15 4:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh sophomore guard Josh Newkirk underwent left knee surgery on Wednesday but should be ready in time for the 2015-16 season.
- Pelicans' Pondexter has offseason surgery Updated: May-06-15 4:02 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Pelicans forward Quincy Pondexter has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.
- Oklahoma's Williams invited to USA Basketball team tryouts Updated: May-06-15 3:48 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - University of Oklahoma forward Kaylon Williams is one of 54 women's college basketball players invited to tryouts for the USA Basketball Women's Pan American Games and World University Games teams.
- Ky. candidate takes a shot at rival as 'Christian Laettner' Updated: May-06-15 3:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - After this week, when gubernatorial candidate James Comer had to defend himself against allegations that he abused a former girlfriend in college, things seemingly couldn't get uglier in this bitterly contentious Republican primary.
- King wants to keep Lopez, try to build Nets around him Updated: May-06-15 3:43 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The big blockbusters haven't done much for the Brooklyn Nets. So now general manager Billy King is looking to improve from within.
- Pass first? Point guards look to show you can score, win Updated: May-06-15 1:14 pm
- Tricks - not miracles - on order as Globetrotters meet pope Updated: May-06-15 9:26 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis pulled off some trick moves in St. Peter's Square on Wednesday.
- Former basketball coach pleads guilty to child sex crimes Updated: May-06-15 5:04 am
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - A former Kansas high school basketball coach could face up to life in prison after pleading guilty to child sex crimes.
- Conley comes back, leads Grizzlies past Warriors 97-90 Updated: May-06-15 2:38 am
OAKLAND, California - The masked man came to the rescue for the Memphis Grizzlies.
- With Wall out, Hawks beat Wizards 106-90 to even series 1-1 Updated: May-05-15 11:51 pm
- Curry presented with MVP award before Game 2 Updated: May-05-15 11:20 pm
- Grizzlies' Mike Conley starts in Game 2 vs Warriors Updated: May-05-15 11:12 pm
OAKLAND, California - Memphis point guard Mike Conley started for the Grizzlies in Tuesday night's Game 2 against the Golden State Warriors after missing the previous three playoff games.
- North Texas star forward Eboniey Jeter found dead in dorm Updated: May-05-15 9:16 pm
DENTON, Texas - Forward Eboniey Jeter, who led the North Texas Mean Green women's basketball squad in shooting percentage last season, has been found dead in her dorm room. She was 21.
- Warrant issued for former Gophers basketball player McNeil Updated: May-05-15 8:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - An arrest warrant has been issued for former Minnesota basketball player Daquein McNeil after he failed to appear in court on assault charges.