- $1,000 reward offered after pet cat found shot with arrow Updated: Oct-07-15 11:21 am
KALAMO TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A $1,000 reward is being offered for information after a wounded pet cat was found with an arrow through his chest in a rural part of Michigan.
- Watseka woman is go-to cat mom for animal rescue Updated: Oct-07-15 6:37 am
WATSEKA, Illinois - There's no alarm clock needed here. After more than 10 years, the surrogate motherhood routine comes naturally to Melissa Meredith, of Watseka. She knows when her babies need attention.
- Pennsylvania man facing trial in slaying of girlfriend's cat Updated: Oct-07-15 5:39 am
EASTON, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania man who police say beat his girlfriend's cat to death for scratching him will face trial.
- Pet cat survives after being found with arrow through chest Updated: Oct-06-15 2:37 pm
KALAMO TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a pet cat survived after being found with an arrow through his chest in a rural part of Michigan.
- Jury convicts man of poisoning 9 cats in West Salem Updated: Oct-03-15 3:47 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A jury in Polk County has convicted a man of poisoning cats with antifreeze in West Salem.
- Dozens of seized animals adopted out by Spearfish shelter Updated: Oct-02-15 10:18 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - When local police seized 42 dogs and cats destined for a Wisconsin puppy mill on April 25, the Western Hills Humane Society wasn't sure where they'd put all the animals. But, thanks to a little help from their friends, nearly all of the critters have been adopted.
- Police: 84 cats, 7 dogs seized from home in Detroit suburb Updated: Sep-30-15 1:54 am
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - Police say 84 cats and seven dogs were seized from a home that was in deplorable condition in the Detroit suburb of Royal Oak.
- Officials: Dozens of cats removed from now-condemned home Updated: Sep-29-15 9:16 am
CHARLESTOWN, Rhode Island - Dozens of cats have been removed from a now-condemned Rhode Island home.
- Humane Society: Estimated 100 St. Louis County cats rescued Updated: Sep-28-15 3:13 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Humane Society of Missouri says it is rescuing an estimated 100 cats found at a south St. Louis County site thick with cat urine and feces.
- Aspiring veterinarian, 6, raising money to save stray kitten Updated: Sep-27-15 4:23 pm
HONOLULU - A six-year-old aspiring veterinarian has raised about $800 for a stray kitten that needs surgery for a spinal deformity.
- German court orders whisker-free cat castrated Updated: Sep-23-15 12:14 pm
BERLIN - A court in Germany has ordered a breeder to castrate her cat because it doesn't have whiskers.
- Health officials seek woman after kitten dies from rabies Updated: Sep-23-15 7:23 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Health officials in Ohio County are looking for a woman who brought a stray rabid kitten to an animal hospital.
- 73 cats euthanized at northern Virginia animal shelter Updated: Sep-23-15 6:53 am
MANASSAS, Virginia - Animal control officers say that nearly three-quarters of the cats at the Prince William's County Animal Shelter have had to be euthanized recently after contracting a respiratory virus.
- SPCA: Stray cats outnumber people in Niagara Falls, NY Updated: Sep-17-15 7:41 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - An animal welfare organization says there are more stray cats and feral felines than people living in the city of Niagara Falls.
- Pet cat wakes woman during trailer fire that killed dog Updated: Sep-11-15 1:02 pm
MELBA, Idaho - A woman's pet cat pawed her face and woke her during a trailer fire in Melba that killed her dog.
- Waynesville man charged with shooting cat with arrow Updated: Sep-11-15 10:47 am
WAYNESVILLE, North Carolina - A Haywood County man has been arrested and accused of shooting a pet cat with a bow and arrow.
- Cat found in San Antonio with 2 legs bound by rubber bands Updated: Sep-10-15 8:52 am
SAN ANTONIO - Authorities are trying to determine who wrapped large rubber bands around a stray cat in San Antonio in abuse that led to one of the kitty's limbs being amputated.
- Rare photos of Colorado lynx captured by automated cameras Updated: Sep-10-15 2:27 am
DENVER - Scores of fierce-looking lynx roam the remote Colorado high country, 16 years after they were reintroduced to the state. But the elusive animals are rarely seen or photographed.