- 3 newborn kittens found lined up, decapitated in New York Updated: May-01-15 12:35 pm
RONKONKOMA, New York - Authorities say three newborn kittens have been found lined up and decapitated in New York.
- Cat hoarding worsens kitten crisis in Davenport Updated: Apr-30-15 5:44 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - A kitten crisis facing already-full animal shelters in Davenport likely will get worse due to cat-hoarding residents who are being displaced from their homes, according to a local shelter director.
- Fayette authorities find dogs, cats abandoned at residence Updated: Apr-29-15 10:38 am
DANESE, West Virginia - The Fayette County Sheriff's Office is investigating the abandonment of five dogs and numerous cats at a residence in the Danese area.
- Crews rescue frightened feline spotted on highway divider Updated: Apr-27-15 1:11 am
MIDDLETOWN, New Jersey - A frenzied feline caused quite the commotion after it was spotted clinging to a median divider on a New Jersey highway.
- Owners awake to find their cat bleeding from gunshot Updated: Apr-24-15 3:49 pm
PLATTSBURGH, New York - A cat is recovering in upstate New York after her owners awoke to sounds of her crying. When they found her covered in blood, they rushed her to an animal hospital.
- Iowan accused of torturing roommate's kitten pleads guilty Updated: Apr-23-15 10:38 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A 21-year-old West Liberty man is scheduled to be sentenced next month for abusing his roommate's kitten.
- 13 kittens abandoned on SI roadside looking for homes Updated: Apr-23-15 7:16 am
NEW YORK - Thirteen kittens abandoned inside a cardboard box on a Staten Island roadside are doing fine and looking to find homes.
- Sheriff seeks cruelty charge for vet accused of killing cat Updated: Apr-21-15 8:01 pm
BELLVILLE, Texas - A Texas sheriff has asked for an animal cruelty charge against a veterinarian who bragged on social media about killing a cat with an arrow.
- Specialized shelter aids cats with immune system virus Updated: Apr-21-15 12:43 pm
APPLEGATE, Oregon - Cats with the feline version of the AIDS virus have a cat cottage to call their own now that Sanctuary One animal hospital has completed its specialized facility in Applegate.
- More than 70 cats rescued from Grant County, Wash., home Updated: Apr-21-15 8:13 am
SULTAN, Washington - An animal welfare organization says more than 70 cats and kittens have been rescued from a Grant County, Washington, home and taken to a shelter for treatment.
- Police: Utah man arrested after video of violent cat beating Updated: Apr-20-15 6:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man has been arrested after authorities say a hidden video camera in the home where he was staying captured him violently beating a cat.
- Terre Haute launches program to curb stray cat problem Updated: Apr-20-15 3:52 am
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Terre Haute officials are launching a program to trap and neuter feral and roaming cats in hopes of reducing the population of unwanted animals.
- Maui Humane Society to launch cat-sterilization effort Updated: Apr-15-15 5:10 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The Maui Humane Society is embarking on a massive cat sterilization effort to stem the island's overpopulation of feral cats.
- Nebraska updates regulations on dog, cat breeders Updated: Apr-15-15 12:00 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Agriculture Department says it's updated its regulations in an effort to police dog and cat breeders who don't meet state standards.
- Feral cat in suburban Philadelphia diagnosed with rabies Updated: Apr-14-15 6:31 pm
SELLERSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Authorities in suburban Philadelphia say a feral cat has been diagnosed with rabies, and they are renewing warnings for residents and pet owners.
- Gov. Ducey OKs modifying holding period for impounded cats Updated: Apr-13-15 10:32 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey has signed a bill exempting cats caught in trap, neuter, return programs from animal shelter 72-hour holding periods.
- Fire damages Lewiston home, kills cats Updated: Apr-13-15 6:47 am
LEWISTON, Maine - A fire that caused extensive damage to a Lewiston home and killed two cats is being blamed on improper use of a heater.
- Dogs, cats up for adoption in Utah as part of national tour Updated: Apr-11-15 7:50 pm
MURRAY, Utah - Dogs and cats will be up for adoption in Utah this weekend as part of an organization's national tour.
- Authorities seek homes for more than 100 cats at shelter Updated: Apr-09-15 10:49 am
OTSEGO, Michigan - Authorities in Allegan County say they're trying to find homes for more than 100 cats that were turned over to an animal shelter.