- South Korea's latest online celebrities: Stray cats eating Updated: May-06-16 1:25 am
JANGSEONG, South Korea - The stars of the latest online trend in South Korea stay out of sight most of the day. Viewers don't seem to mind waiting for hours while nothing happens. When the stray cats finally come to eat the food left out for them, people watching online sit enraptured by their feline charms.
- Dolphin found to have died from parasite found in cats Updated: May-04-16 10:16 am
HONOLULU - Scientists have determined that the death of a spinner dolphin found off Hawaii Island last year was caused by a parasite-borne disease that has threatened Hawaii's monk seal population.
- 4 dogs seized after killing 20 chickens and a cat Updated: May-04-16 7:01 am
BUNNELL, Florida - Animal control officers have seized four dogs after reports that they killed 20 chickens and a cat in a central Florida neighborhood.
- DA: Officer will be cited in cat shooting; no other charges Updated: May-02-16 12:49 pm
EASTON, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania prosecutor says a police officer who shot and killed a cat will be cited for cruelty to animals but won't face other charges.
- All but 1 of animals rescued from SUV in Spearfish adopted Updated: Apr-29-16 3:44 pm
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A year after police found 36 dogs and six cats in the back of an SUV in Spearfish, all but one animal has been adopted.
- Souris Valley Animal Shelter targets feral cats in Minot Updated: Apr-29-16 11:11 am
MINOT, North Dakota - An animal shelter in Minot is targeting feral cats.
- Review: In Key & Peele's 'Keanu,' the true gangster has paws Updated: Apr-28-16 2:13 pm
If you dropped a cute kitten into Michael Mann's "Heat," would Robert De Niro have gone all soft and goo-goo eyed? Might Wesley Snipes' drug empire in "New Jack City" been brought to its knees by a cuddly face with whiskers? Could Al Pacino's rage in "Scarface" have been melted away by a feline "little friend"?
- Animals rescued in Spearfish doing well a year later Updated: Apr-28-16 11:47 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The story could have ended very differently if someone hadn't called for a welfare check in the Wal-Mart parking lot on April 25, 2015.
- Eagle cam catches cat being fed to eaglets Updated: Apr-28-16 11:28 am
PITTSBURGH - Cat lovers may be less inclined to view an online livestream of a family of bald eagles in Pittsburgh after the webcam showed two adult eagles feeding a feline to their eaglets.
- Southeast Boise residents say cats disappearing Updated: Apr-27-16 12:39 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Residents of a southeast Boise neighborhood say at least 25 cats have disappeared from the area in the last few months and are concerned missing cats could be a problem throughout the city.
- Kitten stars of 'Keanu' destined for posh Hollywood futures Updated: Apr-27-16 11:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Anyone who's spent time with a cat might agree with filmmaker Peter Atencio when he says cats are the "15-year-olds of the animal kingdom."
- Sandy Springs police seize 38 cats living in minivan Updated: Apr-27-16 6:52 am
SANDY SPRINGS, Georgia - Two women have been arrested after 38 cats were found living inside their minivan.
- Texas vet who killed cat testifies at hearing on license Updated: Apr-25-16 11:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas veterinarian who boasted online of killing a cat with a bow and arrow testified Monday at a licensing hearing that the incident has left her "essentially unemployable."
- 3 Park County cats diagnosed with plague Updated: Apr-23-16 1:16 pm
CODY, Wyoming - The Wyoming Department of Health says three Park County cats have recently been diagnosed with plague.
- Business cats are ready to go to work Updated: Apr-16-16 3:01 am
GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Florida - The two cats at the Clay County Animal Care and Control animal shelter are among the first in its newly minted Business Cat Program. Believed to be the first of its kind In Northeast Florida, the program initiated by Christina Sutherin, division director for Animal Care and Control, seeks to place shelter cats at pet-friendly businesses temporarily until the felines find forever homes.
- New Britain police investigate discovery of burned cat Updated: Apr-15-16 12:14 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - New Britain police have launched an animal cruelty investigation after the burned remains of a cat were found on a road.
- Bend man charged in death of neighbor's cat Updated: Apr-15-16 2:06 am
BEND, Oregon - A Bend man is facing charges in the death of his neighbor's cat after the animal was found hanging from the fence between their homes.
- Dozens of sick cats removed from Glen Burnie home Updated: Apr-14-16 8:15 pm
GLEN BURNIE, Maryland - Police and animal control officers in Anne Arundel County removed dozens of sickly cats from a home in Glen Burnie.
- Judge gives Savoy man 6-month prison term for cat's death Updated: Apr-14-16 9:40 am
URBANA, Illinois - A Champaign County judge has sentenced a central Illinois man to six months in jail and probation for torturing his girlfriend's cat, which later died.
- Hawaii looks to make harsher penalties for dumping pets Updated: Apr-12-16 7:36 pm
HONOLULU - Alongside throngs of lounging tourists on Hawaii's pristine beaches live other creatures that enjoy relaxing in the sun: feral cats. Thousands of the wild cats have made their homes in colonies across the state, and the growing population is causing concern.
- Las Vegas house fire burns 1, kills cat Updated: Apr-10-16 7:01 pm
LAS VEGAS - Firefighters say a family's pet cat has died and one person suffered burns in an early morning house fire in Las Vegas.
- 30 cats killed, 2 people hurt in animal rescue fire Updated: Apr-08-16 4:35 pm
OLDTOWN, Maryland - The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says 30 cats died and two people suffered minor injuries from a fire at a private animal rescue in the western Maryland community of Oldtown.
- Residents hope feral cats can address Chicago's rat problem Updated: Apr-08-16 12:12 pm
CHICAGO - Dozens of Chicago residents are taking in feral cats in an effort to rid their homes and neighborhoods of rats.