- Alaska mushers in lead on Iditarod's final stretch Updated: Mar-11-14 2:02 am
- AP PHOTOS: Iditarod, 'The Last Great Race' Updated: Mar-10-14 8:03 pm
- AP PHOTOS: Teams drive toward Iditarod finish line Updated: Mar-10-14 4:09 am
- Iditarod draws mushers from around the globe Updated: Mar-07-14 5:51 pm
- Iditarod racer flown to hospital with broken ankle Updated: Mar-05-14 8:31 pm
- Race veteran leads difficult trail in Iditarod Updated: Mar-05-14 11:20 am
- 11 mushers scratch, 1 withdrawn from Iditarod Updated: Mar-05-14 11:03 am
- 5 things to know about Iditarod's furry athletes Updated: Mar-04-14 5:13 pm
- 2 ND natives racing in Iditarod in Alaska Updated: Mar-04-14 12:37 pm
- Canadian becomes 5-time winner of Can-Am Crown Updated: Mar-03-14 11:19 am
- Iditarod sled dog race kicks off this weekend Updated: Feb-28-14 10:14 am
- Conway Seavey picks up 2nd Junior Iditarod win Updated: Feb-24-14 11:16 am
- Fairbanks students learn native culture, mushing Updated: Feb-23-14 5:04 am
- Sass scratches from Iditarod field Updated: Feb-14-14 7:03 pm
- Alaska musher Allen Moore wins 2014 Yukon Quest Updated: Feb-10-14 7:55 pm
NOME, Alaska - In a year marked by injuries and dangerous conditions, the final stages of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race were coming down to either a record-tying number of wins or the first woman to claim victory in 24 years.
The world's most famous sled dog race is approaching the finish, with a winner expected as soon as early Tuesday. The Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race consists of a grueling 1,000-mile trek through unpredictable Alaska wilderness to the old gold rush town of Nome on the state's western coast.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Mushers and their dogs are chipping away at the 1,000-mile Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race as volunteers and city crews prepare for the coming onslaught of dog teams and spectators at the finish line in Nome.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - If you thought mushing was limited to Americans and Canadians, you'd be wrong.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race musher was flown to a hospital after a harrowing ordeal that included crashing his sled, hitting his head on a tree stump and getting knocked unconscious, and later falling through ice and breaking his ankle.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Race veteran Sonny Lindner remains the leader on a difficult trail in the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Treacherous, snowless trail conditions continue to take their toll on mushers in the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race in Alaska.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - One human wins the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race each year, but it's the smaller, furry athletes that do the heroes' share of the work crossing nearly 1,000 miles of merciless terrain to reach the finish line on Alaska's wind-battered coast.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Two mushers native to North Dakota are racing in the 42nd Iditarod dog sled race in Alaska.
FORT KENT, Maine - A Canadian musher on Monday raced to his fifth victory in a grueling, 250-mile sled dog race across the northern Maine wilderness, becoming the record-holder for most victories in the Cam-Am Crown.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race across Alaska kicks off this weekend as usual, after warm winter weather nearly prompted officials to move the start hundreds of miles north to Fairbanks for the first time in a decade.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Another member of the Seavey family has an Iditarod championship.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Seventh- and eighth-grade students at Effie Kokrine Charter School have found a way to combine learning and fun while also incorporating Alaska Native culture and one of the most popular sports in the North.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Just days after suffering a concussion, Eureka musher Brent Sass has withdrawn from the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska musher Allen Moore won his second consecutive Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race on Monday, hours after seeing an injured competitor off to the hospital.