- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup Updated: Mar-08-14 2:32 am
- Obama budget lists $90 million for physics project Updated: Mar-04-14 2:48 pm
- Juggler teaches physics to Bainbridge Island class Updated: Feb-13-14 12:40 pm
- Nuclear fusion project takes key step in lab test Updated: Feb-12-14 3:09 pm
- Oahu high school students compete in physics Updated: Feb-10-14 8:04 am
TOKYO - There is something surprising in the radioactive wreck that is the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant: opportunity. To clean it up, Japan will have to develop technology and expertise that any nation with a nuclear reactor will one day need.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - President Barack Obama has proposed spending $90 million in the coming budget year to keep a $730 million physics research project on track at Michigan State University.
BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, Washington - Gravity, gyroscopic stability, inertia, centrifugal force and balance were some of the heady principles Wilkes Elementary School students were enthusiastically introduced to by juggler Rhys Thomas in his Science Circus assembly Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Scientists say they've taken a key step toward harnessing nuclear fusion as a new way to generate power, an idea that has been pursued for decades.
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii will play host to a high school physics competition this month.