- Minnesota company has a role in landmark physics discovery Updated: Feb-12-16 1:03 pm
BURNSVILLE, Minnesota - A Minnesota supercomputing company has a role in the research that's being heralded as one of the biggest discoveries in the history of physics - the sound of gravitational waves.
- Hanford and WSU aid in stunning achievement Updated: Feb-11-16 2:47 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The stunning announcement that scientists have finally detected gravitational waves, the ripples in the fabric of space-time that Einstein predicted a century ago, shined a light on a research facility located on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation.
- UF physics professor dies after collapse in campus bathroom Updated: Feb-11-16 3:01 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - A University of Florida physics professor died after being found unconscious in a campus bathroom.
- Scientists in Germany switch on nuclear fusion experiment Updated: Feb-03-16 11:58 am
GREIFSWALD, Germany - Scientists in Germany flipped the switch Wednesday on an experiment they hope will advance the quest for nuclear fusion, considered a clean and safe form of nuclear power.
- Jefferson Lab, ODU hosts physics conference for women Updated: Jan-16-16 12:24 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Back when she was a college student, physicist Gail Dodge didn't feel her gender was an issue in the classroom.