- House passes bill to block Obama climate plan Updated: Mar-06-14 6:12 pm
- Wyoming top in CO2 per person amid new regulations Updated: Feb-27-14 6:29 pm
- Wind farm at Washington State University Vancouver Updated: Feb-26-14 3:29 pm
- Executive optimistic about coal-to-liquids loan Updated: Feb-24-14 6:18 pm
- New Maine energy technology discussed in forum Updated: Feb-20-14 5:04 am
- Oregon offshore wind energy farm project announced Updated: Feb-05-14 4:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Aiming at the heart of President Barack Obama's strategy for fighting climate change, the Republican-controlled House voted Thursday to block the administration's plan to limit carbon pollution from new power plants.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Turns out the worst state for carbon dioxide emissions per person isn't smoggy California or bustling New York, but a place famous for its big, clear skies: Wyoming.
VANCOUVER, Washington - Thirty feet above the ground, the blades of five wind turbines rotated Tuesday as a slight breeze wafted through a field on the eastern border of the Washington State University Vancouver campus.
CASPER, Wyoming - An official with a company developing a $2 billion plant that would turn coal into gasoline and other liquid fuels near Medicine Bow said he's once again optimistic the project could get a federal loan.
PORTLAND, Maine - New energy technologies and niche paper products are among the topics being discussed at a timber industry forum in the Maine city of Portland.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Seattle company is being given the green light to develop plans to build the West Coast's first offshore wind energy farm - five floating turbines off Oregon's Coos Bay, federal and state officials said Wednesday.