- Carter's cancer rekindles memories of 1980 Olympic boycott Updated: Aug-29-15 3:13 am
ATLANTA - Thirty-five years after his hopes for a gold medal were dashed by Jimmy Carter's boycott of the Moscow Olympics, Craig Beardsley is at peace.
- Yukon River salmon swim to Canada in record high numbers Updated: Aug-24-15 5:22 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Despite a below-average overall run, the Yukon River king salmon population had the highest number of Chinooks make it across the border toward their Canadian spawning grounds in 10 years.
- USA Synchro to move its headquarters to Colorado Updated: Aug-21-15 10:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - USA Synchro will move its headquarters from Indianapolis to Colorado Springs by year's end to be closer to the Olympic Training Center.
- Swimming phenom Michael Andrew takes different path at pool Updated: Aug-21-15 4:50 pm
SAN ANTONIO - They'll be the first to concede they are "kind of a weird family."
- Meet divers who swim with sharks at Las Vegas aquarium Updated: Aug-21-15 6:19 am
LAS VEGAS - Surrounded by a colorful collection of marine life, more than 30 sharks glide through the skeletal hull of a faux shipwreck in Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef Aquarium.
- Russia pushes to add men to rhythmic gymnastics Updated: Aug-19-15 11:39 am
MOSCOW - The dominant nation in rhythmic gymnastics, Russia, called Wednesday for men to be allowed to compete in one of the last single-gender Olympic sports.
- Campers killed by tree limb in Yosemite were teenage boys Updated: Aug-18-15 5:23 pm
TUSTIN, California - Two young campers killed by a falling tree limb in Yosemite National Park have been identified as 14-year-old boys from Orange County in Southern California.
- Swimmers sickened after Rio race worry about 2016 Olympics Updated: Aug-12-15 10:08 am
Reports of dangerously high levels of viruses and bacteria in Rio de Janeiro's waters have raised - and renewed - fears that athletes are at risk of getting sick at next summer's Olympics.
- Former swim coach pleads guilty to raping 16-year-old girl Updated: Aug-12-15 3:07 am
EDEN, New York - A former New York swim coach has pleaded guilty to raping a 16-year-old girl with whom he had exchanged dozens of sexually explicit texts and emails.
- Herrera and Faulkner win titles at USA Diving nationals Updated: Aug-11-15 8:14 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Briadam Herrera won the men's 1-meter springboard and Lisa Faulkner took the women's 10-meter platform title at the USA Diving national championships Tuesday.
- Wilimovsky adds to world title with win at US nationals Updated: Aug-11-15 1:50 am
SAN ANTONIO - After winning a world championship, Jordan Wilimovsky returned home to claim a national title Monday.
- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics Updated: Aug-11-15 1:29 am
SAN ANTONIO - Michael Phelps already has far more medals than any Olympic athlete.
- Katie Ledecky crowns herself czarina at Russian swim worlds Updated: Aug-10-15 1:50 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky is ready to enjoy a week off. She's certainly earned it.
- Russia's new 'sports capital' has Olympic ambitions Updated: Aug-10-15 8:53 am
KAZAN, Russia - The city calling itself "Russia's sports capital" isn't Moscow, St. Petersburg or even last year's Winter Olympic host Sochi. Instead it's Kazan, a provincial city with global ambitions.
- Midnight at the pool: Swimmers face late nights at Rio Games Updated: Aug-10-15 6:11 am
KAZAN, Russia - One prominent swimming coach called it "irresponsible." Another labeled it a "business decision."
- Sun Yang is no-show for 1,500 free final at worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 3:12 pm
KAZAN, Russia - No sooner had Sun Yang returned to the top of the podium with two victories at the world swimming championships than the Chinese star was enveloped in mystery.
- Russia on defensive after failure at home swimming worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 2:50 pm
KAZAN, Russia - With President Vladimir Putin looking on at the opening ceremony, Russia's first home world aquatics championships started with optimism but ended with disappointment and infighting.
- China's Sun misses 1,500 freestyle final at world swimming Updated: Aug-09-15 11:47 am
KAZAN, Russia - Olympic champion Sun Yang of China did not swim in the final of the 1,500-meter freestyle at the world championships.
- 'Iron Lady' Hosszu poised for another medley sweep at worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 5:03 am
KAZAN, Russia - The "Iron Lady" from Hungary is poised for another medley sweep at the swimming world championships.
- Woman completes record-breaking swim to Golden Gate Bridge Updated: Aug-09-15 12:04 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco resident became the first woman to swim the 30-mile stretch from the Farallon Islands to the Golden Gate Bridge on Saturday and conquer one of the world's most dangerous crossings.
- Serbia pounds Croatia to win world water polo championship Updated: Aug-08-15 4:25 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Serbia defeated Olympic champion Croatia 11-4 in the water polo world championship final on Saturday.
- Katie Ledecky lowers own world mark in 800 freestyle Updated: Aug-08-15 12:23 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky has lowered her own world record by 3.61 seconds in winning the 800-meter freestyle at the world swimming championships.
- Italian swimmer Paltrinieri has a plan to dethrone Sun Yang Updated: Aug-08-15 8:24 am
KAZAN, Russia - Gregorio Paltrinieri's strategy to dethrone Sun Yang during the longest race in the pool is simple: gain a big lead on the Chinese superstar and never look back.
- Column: Olympic champ Dana Vollmer shows how to have it all Updated: Aug-07-15 7:36 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Dana Vollmer is back at the pool, hoping to compete at another Olympics and reclaim her world record.
- US beats Dutch to win women's world water polo title Updated: Aug-07-15 4:15 pm
KAZAN, Russia - The United States women's water polo team won the world championship title Friday for the first time since 2009, beating the Netherlands 5-4 in the gold medal game.