- Italian and European swim chief faces fraud claim Updated: Mar-05-14 3:16 pm
- Ex-UCLA athlete pleads not guilty to rape Updated: Mar-03-14 5:51 pm
- Former Olympic champ Hackett to enter rehab in US Updated: Feb-25-14 7:09 pm
- Column: A pop quiz for things learned in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 12:15 pm
- Swimmer Chad Le Clos would welcome Phelps back Updated: Feb-22-14 6:32 pm
- Popov expects Olympics to bolster Russia's image Updated: Feb-22-14 2:12 pm
- West Virginia swim meet results Updated: Feb-20-14 5:03 pm
- Ex-diver DeStephen first openly gay MU athlete Updated: Feb-20-14 6:34 am
- Hungary's Hosszu wins again in Arena Grand Prix Updated: Feb-15-14 8:41 pm
- Special Olympics coach to help Md. team at US meet Updated: Feb-15-14 9:30 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Who will break out? Updated: Feb-14-14 6:00 am
- To bail or keep shredding? When Olympians give up Updated: Feb-13-14 11:10 am
ROME - The president of the Italian swimming federation, Paolo Barelli, has offered to resign if fraud accusations directed at him are proved true in an escalating feud with the country's Olympic committee.
LOS ANGELES - A former a UCLA water polo player has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting three women - including a fellow student.
MELBOURNE, Australia - Former Olympic swimming champion Grant Hackett has flown to the United States to undergo treatment for an addiction to the sleeping medication Stilnox.
SOCHI, Russia - You've just spent two weeks of your life watching things you won't even think about for another four years.
SOCHI, Russia - Nobody has a better tan at the Winter Olympics than Chad Le Clos.
SOCHI, Russia - Alexander Popov believes the Winter Olympics will go down as a landmark event for Russia, and he hopes it will change outside impressions of his homeland.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Results Thursday from the first day of the West Virginia state high school swimming championships at the West Virginia University Natatorium. Distances are in yards. The top six qualifiers from the preliminaries advanced to Friday's championship heat. The next six qualifiers will compete in the consolation heat for seventh- through 12th-place.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Greg DeStephen dealt with being outed as gay, having hostile teammates and diving with a broken back his freshman year, but none of it stopped him from becoming a four-time All-American diver at Missouri.
ORLANDO, Florida - Hungary's Katinka Hosszu raced to her meet-high fourth victory in the three-day Arena Grand Prix event, winning the 200-meter individual medley in a meet-record 2 minutes, 11.27 seconds.
FREDERICK, Maryland - At the end of coaching swim practice, Bob Long said he doesn't need to hear thank you.
SOCHI, Russia - Once every Olympics, it seems like there is one or two athletes that emerge from the hundreds who come to compete. Through a combination of charm, charisma and jaw-dropping performance, they grab the games and make them their own.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Canadian skier Alex Beaulieu-Marchand stood at the top of the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park slopestyle course, then leaned forward to make the first of his two runs in the Olympic final. He fell on his first jump, then skipped the last ramp and skied off the course.