- Astros designated hitter Gattis has sports hernia surgery Updated: Feb-10-16 12:31 pm
HOUSTON - Houston designated hitter Evan Gattis underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia.
- EXCHANGE: Family takes precautions after son's 2 concussions Updated: Feb-10-16 7:30 am
FORSYTH, Illinois - Tricia Shumaker thought she knew what uncontrollable crying was, she has three kids.
- Curry leads Warriors past Rockets for 42nd straight home win Updated: Feb-10-16 2:28 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry and the Golden State starters got a big boost from their bench.
- Horvat's 2 points lead Canucks past Avalanche 3-1 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:44 am
DENVER - The Vancouver Canucks got defensive Tuesday night to help stop their four-game skid.
- Scheifele's goal gives Jets 2-1 shootout win over Blues Updated: Feb-10-16 12:43 am
ST. LOUIS - Mark Scheifele looked like a player who had scored plenty of shootout goals. The Winnipeg Jets looked like a team that could play with one of the NHL's best.
- Klingberg gives Stars 4-3 win over Wild in OT Updated: Feb-10-16 12:28 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Kari Lehtonen needed a game like this in goal for the Dallas Stars.
- Middleton's free throw lifts Bucks over Celtics 112-111 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:14 am
MILWAUKEE - Greg Monroe isn't used to being out of the starting lineup.
- Fast-starting Florida Panthers beat Buffalo Sabres 7-4 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:32 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Shut out one night. On fire the next.
- Darvish feeling strong in rehab, eager to rejoin Rangers Updated: Feb-09-16 7:52 pm
- Grizzlies Gasol out indefinitely with broken right foot Updated: Feb-09-16 7:07 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Grizzlies center Marc Gasol is out indefinitely with a broken bone in his right foot after an MRI exam found the fracture earlier Tuesday.
- Clippers suspend Blake Griffin 4 games without pay for punch Updated: Feb-09-16 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin was suspended four games without pay on Tuesday for punching a team staff member, and the Los Angeles Clippers will dock the star forward's pay for an additional game because he broke his shooting hand.
- Prosecutors weigh charges against LeSean McCoy in club brawl Updated: Feb-09-16 5:51 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Prosecutors are reviewing a police file as they decide whether to charge Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy in a Philadelphia nightclub brawl that left two off-duty police officers injured.
- Browns deny lying about Johnny Manziel's concussion Updated: Feb-09-16 4:55 pm
CLEVELAND - The Browns are defending their handling of Johnny Manziel's late-season concussion.
- Falcons owner Blank to have surgery for prostate cancer Updated: Feb-09-16 4:18 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank is planning surgery for what he says is a treatable form of prostate cancer.
- Penguins' Malkin to miss rest of week with lower-body injury Updated: Feb-09-16 3:32 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin's lower-body injury will keep him out at least the rest of the week.
- Tanaka throws off mound after offseason elbow surgery Updated: Feb-09-16 3:24 pm
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka, coming back after arthroscopic surgery to remove a bone spur from his right elbow last October, has thrown off a bullpen mound.
- Bulls guard Jimmy Butler out 3-4 weeks with knee sprain Updated: Feb-09-16 2:57 pm
CHICAGO - Bulls guard Jimmy Butler will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a strained left knee and will be replaced in this weekend's All-Star Game by Chicago teammate Pau Gasol.
- Jozy Altidore determined to avoid injury in a big year ahead Updated: Feb-09-16 2:56 pm
CARSON, California - Jozy Altidore feels he has watched far too many of the United States' biggest games from the sidelines over the past nine years, so he decided to do something about it.
- Joel Peralta and Mariners agree to minor league contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:19 pm
SEATTLE - Relief pitcher Joel Peralta has agreed to a minor league contract with the Seattle Mariners and will report to big league spring training.
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon Updated: Feb-09-16 12:28 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke says quarterback Thomas Sirk has ruptured his left Achilles tendon.
- Lillard has 33 to lead Blazers past Grizzlies 112-106 Updated: Feb-09-16 12:45 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - C.J. McCollum struggled with his shooting until overtime when a trio of field goals provided Portland with a winning boost.
- Pelicans snap 4-game skid with easy win over Wolves Updated: Feb-08-16 11:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Mired in a four-game losing streak and sinking further out of contention in the Western Conference, the New Orleans Pelicans were in desperate need of a confidence builder.
- Pavel Datsyuk scores 2 in 3rd, Red Wings beat Panthers 3-0 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:24 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have been competitive this season despite being in the middle of the pack, at best, in scoring.
- James, Irving lead Cavaliers past Kings 120-100 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:09 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James came close to his 40th career triple-double several times this season.
- Lundqvist makes 27 saves, Rangers win third in row Updated: Feb-08-16 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers are starting to make a stretch run, and they are doing it with a couple of key players sidelined.