- Warriors center Festus Ezeli undergoes left knee surgery Updated: Feb-08-16 7:44 pm
OAKLAND, California - Golden State Warriors center Festus Ezeli has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his left knee to remove debris and is scheduled to be re-evaluated in six weeks.
- Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh misses game with Devils Updated: Feb-08-16 6:04 pm
NEW YORK - Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh has been ruled out for New York's game with the New Jersey Devils with a possible concussion.
- Resilient Dunn shoots for a trip to Rio Updated: Feb-08-16 5:55 pm
After she was left off the U.S. World Cup roster last year, Crystal Dunn says there were days she didn't even want to get out of bed in the morning.
- Love returns to Cavaliers' lineup after missing 1 game Updated: Feb-08-16 5:47 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love will return to the lineup after missing a game because of a bruised left thigh.
- LeSean McCoy investigated over fight with off-duty cops Updated: Feb-08-16 5:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy is under investigation over a Philadelphia nightclub brawl early Sunday that left two off-duty police officers injured, one with a broken nose and broken ribs and the other with a possible skull fracture.
- Falcons cut 2 defensive starters: S Moore and LB Durant Updated: Feb-08-16 5:16 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons started their offseason overhaul Monday by releasing a pair of defensive starters: longtime safety William Moore and linebacker Justin Durant.
- Cruise ship that sailed in storm headed back to home port Updated: Feb-08-16 5:10 pm
MIAMI - A Royal Caribbean cruise ship ran into high winds and rough seas in the Atlantic Ocean on Sunday, forcing frightened passengers into their cabins overnight as their belongings flew about, waves rose as high as 30 feet, and winds howled outside. The cruise line says that although no one was injured and the ship suffered only minor damage, it's turning around and sailing back to its home port in New Jersey.
- Slalom champion Shiffrin returns to racing next week Updated: Feb-08-16 4:17 pm
Two months ago, Mikaela Shiffrin was just hoping to be back on skis before the snow melted.
- Blues place defenseman Alex Pietrangelo on IR Updated: Feb-08-16 3:58 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo has been placed on injured reserve with a right knee injury that the team says will be re-evaluated in three weeks.
- Miller awaits offseason filled with fun, financial reward Updated: Feb-08-16 3:51 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - On top of his game and now the world, Von Miller's docket is quickly filling up.
- Pitcher Craig Stammen, Indians agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-08-16 2:56 pm
CLEVELAND - Right-hander Craig Stammen has agreed to a minor league contract with the Cleveland Indians and will report to big league spring training.
- Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma out for 6 months with ACL damage Updated: Feb-08-16 2:00 pm
LONDON - Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma will undergo knee surgery that will rule him out the rest of the season and the European Championship for France.
- Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery returns to training Updated: Feb-08-16 9:31 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has completed his first full team training since a right thigh muscle injury put him out for two months.
- Gymnast Tweddle injured training for winters sports TV show Updated: Feb-08-16 7:44 am
LONDON - Beth Tweddle, a former Olympic bronze medalist in gymnastics, is recovering in an Austrian hospital after undergoing neck surgery following a fall while training for a winter sports reality television show.
- Monaco defender Coentrao likely to be out injured for weeks Updated: Feb-08-16 7:32 am
MONACO - Monaco defender Fabio Coentrao is expected to miss several weeks of action after fracturing his left foot over the weekend.
- The Latest: Broncos beat Panthers to win Super Bowl Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Latest on Super Bowl Sunday from AP reporters covering the game, the telecast, the commercials and fans around the world (All times local):
- Andrighetto's SO goal lifts Canadiens over Hurricanes 2-1 Updated: Feb-07-16 7:00 pm
MONTREAL - Ben Scrivens made big saves all weekend, helping the Montreal Canadiens to a weekend sweep.
- Austin Rivers out 4-6 weeks with broken left hand Updated: Feb-07-16 6:53 pm
MIAMI - Los Angeles Clippers guard Austin Rivers is expected to miss four to six weeks with a broken left hand.
- Paul shakes off awful start, leads Clippers past Heat 100-93 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:31 pm
MIAMI - Chris Paul had the worst possible start to his shooting day.
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:22 pm
TAMPA, Florida - There were a lot of things Larry Brown could appreciate about the way SMU played against South Florida on Sunday.
- Panthers LB Davis active, ready to go despite broken arm Updated: Feb-07-16 5:13 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis will play in the Super Bowl despite breaking his arm two weeks ago in the NFC championship game.
- Magic beat Hawks on Vucevic's shot Updated: Feb-07-16 4:50 pm
Orlando, Florida - Another big lead got away from the Orlando Magic in the fourth quarter Sunday, but one big shot got it back just in time.
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:19 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Just over three minutes into the second half, Iowa's Peter Jok stole the ball from Illinois guard Khalid Lewis and glided to the other end of the court for a two-handed dunk.
- Ireland, Wales draw 16-16 in Dublin in Six Nations opener Updated: Feb-07-16 2:32 pm
DUBLIN - The boot of Jonathan Sexton came to the rescue as Ireland drew 16-16 with Wales in a Six Nations contest Sunday that featured dogged defense, pinpoint kicking and dollops of disappointment for both sides.
- Florida students create app to prevent football concussions Updated: Feb-07-16 3:05 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A group of South Florida middle school students has won a $20,000 grant from Verizon for inventing an app that helps prevent football concussions.