- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in 3 OTs Updated: Apr-18-14 1:39 am
- Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:42 am
- Sale, White Sox outdueled in 3-1 loss to Red Sox Updated: Apr-18-14 12:35 am
- Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:17 am
- Wainwright throws 2-hitter, Cards beat Nats 8-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:00 am
- Nationals make 4 errors in 8-0 loss to Cardinals Updated: Apr-17-14 11:53 pm
- Kennedy takes 1-hitter into 7th still loses Updated: Apr-17-14 11:23 pm
- Rangers score 3 in 3rd, top Flyers in opener 4-1 Updated: Apr-17-14 11:03 pm
- Franklin Morales helps Rockies beat Padres 3-1 Updated: Apr-17-14 10:48 pm
- Napoli back in Red Sox lineup after missing game Updated: Apr-17-14 9:06 pm
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-17-14 8:14 pm
- Ramirez hit hard as Mariners lose to Rangers 8-6 Updated: Apr-17-14 8:09 pm
- Celtics' boss Ainge faces 2nd rebuilding offseason Updated: Apr-17-14 8:06 pm
- 76ers look toward future after dismal season Updated: Apr-17-14 7:53 pm
- No bigger playoff long shot than under-.500 Hawks Updated: Apr-17-14 7:29 pm
- Canadiens hope to build on win against Lightning Updated: Apr-17-14 7:24 pm
- Kuchar builds on Masters momentum Updated: Apr-17-14 7:18 pm
- Kouzmanoff, Rangers beat Mariners 8-6 Updated: Apr-17-14 7:08 pm
- Padres RHP Johnson to get elbow examined Updated: Apr-17-14 6:56 pm
- Kansas City's Cain to DL with groin strain Updated: Apr-17-14 6:55 pm
- Altidore's playing time a concern for Klinsmann Updated: Apr-17-14 6:53 pm
- NFL, lawyers at work on $765M concussion deal Updated: Apr-17-14 6:11 pm
- Cardinals put RHP Kelly on DL with hurt hamstring Updated: Apr-17-14 5:54 pm
- Janssen's return to Jays unclear; Reyes due soon Updated: Apr-17-14 5:51 pm
- Bucks pack up, await future with new owners Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues went the distance, and then some, to get the jump on the defending Stanley Cup champions.
HOUSTON - Bo Porter knows there will be some growing pains in managing the youngest team in the majors.
HOUSTON - James Shields kept the Houston Astros off-balance all night.
WASHINGTON - Adam Wainwright was as close to unhittable as he's ever been.
WASHINGTON - The Cardinals' first batter sent a seemingly routine grounder to Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond, who failed to field the ball cleanly for one of his two errors on the evening. The next hitter's swinging bunt was grabbed by pitcher Taylor Jordan, but he could not manage to get the ball out of his glove.
SAN DIEGO - Ian Kennedy probably deserved a better outcome. Still, he knows he's on the right course.
NEW YORK - Carl Hagelin's contribution to the New York Rangers' playoff-opening win was etched all over his busted-up mouth.
SAN DIEGO - The Colorado Rockies got another unexpected outing from a starting pitcher who had been relegated to the bullpen.
CHICAGO - First basemen Mike Napoli was back in Boston's starting lineup on Thursday night, two days after dislocating a finger on his left hand.
SAN FRANCISCO - Hyun-Jin Ryu pitched for his country, doing anything he could from afar to lift spirits in South Korea after all the lives lost during a devastating ferry accident.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Less than three weeks into the season, the Seattle Mariners' starting rotation is pretty banged up.
BOSTON - The third-worst season in Boston Celtics history is over, leaving Danny Ainge with plenty of problems as he continues to rebuild the team.
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia 76ers opened the season with a win against Miami, and they beat the Heat again in the finale.
ATLANTA - There's no bigger long shot in the NBA playoffs than the Atlanta Hawks.
TAMPA, Florida - Carey Price concedes that failing to protect a pair of third-period leads is not a formula for success in the NHL playoffs.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - There were no major letdowns for Masters contenders Matt Kuchar and Jordan Spieth at the RBC Heritage on Thursday.
ARLINGTON, Texas - When Kevin Kouzmanoff was riding the buses in Double-A two seasons ago, he kept his focus on returning to the majors and providing the kind of production that he is now delivering for the Texas Rangers.
SAN DIEGO - Padres pitcher Josh Johnson will have his right elbow examined by noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews next week.
HOUSTON - Kansas City outfielder Lorenzo Cain has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left groin strain.
Jozy Altidore's disappointing first season with England's Sunderland has less than a month remaining, and it appears as though the American's struggles for playing time aren't finished.
PHILADELPHIA - A judge overseeing thousands of NFL concussion-linked lawsuits says lawyers are still working to address her concerns about a proposed $765 million fund.
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - One by one, the Milwaukee Bucks met with their coach one last time before packing up their belongings.