- Dunn plays starring role, White Sox beat Reds Updated: Mar-07-14 7:05 pm
- Carrasco strikes out 6, Indians beat Cubs 7-2 Updated: Mar-07-14 7:02 pm
- Former NHL player Moore still seeks resolution Updated: Mar-07-14 6:54 pm
- Cobb throws 3 shutout innings, Rays beat Blue Jays Updated: Mar-07-14 6:08 pm
- Former Hawaii star Brennan has brain injury Updated: Mar-07-14 5:39 pm
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88 Updated: Mar-07-14 5:27 pm
- Jimenez goes 2 clean innings in O's debut vs Phils Updated: Mar-07-14 5:24 pm
- FC Dallas re-signs Ullao, parts ways with Hassli Updated: Mar-07-14 5:10 pm
- Royals RHP Hochevar having season-ending surgery Updated: Mar-07-14 3:59 pm
- Gonzalez hit by line drive Updated: Mar-07-14 3:34 pm
- Indiana loses closer with season-ending injury Updated: Mar-07-14 12:38 pm
- 2 Bruins fans injured by falling pole after game Updated: Mar-07-14 10:33 am
- Arsenal's title hopes fade with Wilshere out Updated: Mar-07-14 7:47 am
- Clippers blow out Lakers again 142-94 Updated: Mar-07-14 2:50 am
- Coyotes rebound for 5-2 win over Habs Updated: Mar-07-14 12:47 am
- Blackhawks shuffle lines, beat Blue Jackets 6-1 Updated: Mar-07-14 12:32 am
- Richards has winner in Kings' 3-1 win over Jets Updated: Mar-06-14 11:29 pm
- Sabres spoil Stamkos' return with 3-1 win Updated: Mar-06-14 11:26 pm
- Teheran, Zimmermann each throw 3 scoreless innings Updated: Mar-06-14 10:42 pm
- OSU's Bell tears MCL, will miss spring practice Updated: Mar-06-14 9:23 pm
- Zimmer would like Cassel back with Vikings Updated: Mar-06-14 9:11 pm
- Jeter ends 0-for-10 slide as Yanks beat Phils 4-3 Updated: Mar-06-14 8:03 pm
- AP sources: Vick, Eagles haven't ruled out return Updated: Mar-06-14 7:51 pm
- Stamkos returns from broken leg Updated: Mar-06-14 7:51 pm
- Fielder stays hot; Rangers beat Padres 8-4 Updated: Mar-06-14 7:47 pm
MESA, Arizona - Edwin Jackson allowed three runs and four hits in three innings for the Cubs while Carlos Carrasco struck out six of his 12 batters in leading the Cleveland Indians over a Chicago split-squad 7-2 Friday.
DUNEDIN, Florida - Alex Cobb tossed three scoreless innings as the Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 on Friday.
HONOLULU - Former Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan says he has been diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury, throwing his prospects of playing again on any level into doubt.
LOS ANGELES - Dr. Frank Jobe, a pioneering orthopedic surgeon who was the first to perform an elbow procedure that became known as Tommy John surgery and saved the careers of countless major league pitchers, died Thursday. He was 88.
FRISCO, Texas - FC Dallas has re-signed midfielder Victor Ullao and reached an agreement with forward Eric Hassli to terminate his contract.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana has lost closer Ryan Halstead with a season-ending injury.
BOSTON - Authorities say two young women suffered minor injuries when a metal pole holding up protective netting behind one of the goals at the TD Garden fell and struck them after a Boston Bruins game.
LONDON - With Jack Wilshere out for six weeks, few would bet on Arsenal to win its first Premier League title since 2004.
LOS ANGELES - The Lakers were the designated home team this time. That meant the Clippers had to put up with looking at all those championship banners and retired numbers that their co-tenant at the Staples Center has had hanging on the wall since the arena opened 15 seasons ago - and weren't able to cover them up with banners of their own players.
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Phoenix Coyotes were on their heels after building a two-goal lead, spending most of the second period in their own zone.
CHICAGO - Andrew Shaw stopped a long scoring drought. Jonathan Toews had another big game. The Chicago Blackhawks had 13 players with at least one point.
TAMPA, Florida - Jhonas Enroth stole the spotlight from Tampa Bay star Steven Stamkos.
KISSIMMEE, Florida - Julio Teheran worked around six base runners to match Jordan Zimmermann with three scoreless innings and lead the Atlanta Braves to a 3-2 win over the Atlanta Braves on Thursday night.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State safety Vonn Bell, figured to be a potential starter for the Buckeyes, will miss the rest of spring practice after knee surgery.
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - New Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has taken a methodical approach to evaluating the team's muddled quarterback situation, refusing to make any concrete statements about the position until he had time to do his homework and come to a decision.
CLEARWATER, Florida - Derek Jeter got two hits that ended an 0-for-10 slide at the start of spring training and Masahiro Tanaka gave up a home run to Freddy Galvis in the New York Yankees' 4-3 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday.
Two people familiar with the situation say Michael Vick and the Eagles haven't ruled out the quarterback returning to Philadelphia.
TAMPA, Florida - Tampa Bay Lightning star Steven Stamkos is back playing after missing 45 games with a broken right shin.
PEORIA, Arizona - Prince Fielder kept up his hot spring training start by lining an RBI single in a two-run first inning and then doubling in the Texas Rangers' 8-4 victory over the San Diego Padres on Thursday.