- McIlroy ruptures ligament in ankle while playing soccer Updated: Jul-06-15 6:27 am
LONDON - World number one Rory McIlroy has ruptured a ligament in his left ankle while playing soccer less than two weeks before the start of his British Open title defense.
- A-Rod deserves All-Star consideration Updated: Jul-06-15 3:35 am
A-Rod the All-Star?
- Minnesota Lynx back atop the Western Conference Updated: Jul-06-15 3:20 am
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Lynx were the preseason favorite to win the Western Conference and a third WNBA title in five seasons. Until this week, they were looking up in the standings.
- Kyle Busch brushes wall in 1st Daytona race since crash Updated: Jul-06-15 3:19 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Kyle Busch hit another wall at Daytona International Speedway.
- Lewis, Rangers pummeled again as Angels finish sweep, 12-6 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:43 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Colby Lewis doesn't plan to dwell on a bad start that capped a miserable weekend for the Texas rotation.
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am
- Pujols hits 25th HR, Angels finish sweep of Rangers 12-6 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:17 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Albert Pujols probably didn't need to pad his AL home run lead to have a chance to join teammate Mike Trout in the starting lineup for the All-Star game.
- Diamondbacks lose 6-4 to Rockies after comeback falls short Updated: Jul-05-15 8:53 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were able to hang around to set up the ideal scenario: Paul Goldschmidt at the plate with the game on the line.
- Tulowitzki's homer leads Rockies to 6-4 win over D-backs Updated: Jul-05-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss watched Troy Tulowitzki just miss a couple of pitches against Arizona on Saturday night and knew his star player would connect with one soon.
- Dodgers stumble to 8-0 loss against Mets, drop series Updated: Jul-05-15 8:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - So much for Mike Bolsinger being dominant at home for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Another one-run loss for A's, who fall 2-1 to Mariners Updated: Jul-05-15 8:33 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics rookie Chris Bassitt recorded two quick outs in the sixth inning and was on the verge of heading back to the dugout when he hit Robinson Cano of the Mariners in the right foot with a 1-2 pitch.
- Umpire Culbreth forced out by foul ball by Arizona's Owings Updated: Jul-05-15 8:27 pm
- Matz sharp, Mets feast on Dodgers pitching to take series Updated: Jul-05-15 8:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - Steven Matz is having the time of his young baseball life, winning his first two career starts, including silencing the Los Angeles Dodgers' powerful lineup.
- Montgomery solid into 6th, Mariners beat Athletics Updated: Jul-05-15 8:06 pm
OAKLAND, California - Seattle rookie Mike Montgomery knew instantly that his bid for a third consecutive shutout was over, even before Sam Fuld's first home run of the season cleared the fence in the third inning.
- Marlins offense quiet in 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-05-15 7:45 pm
CHICAGO - The frustration is mounting for the Miami Marlins.
- 6 injured in 4th of July lightning strike at RV park Updated: Jul-05-15 7:34 pm
MANY, Louisiana - West Louisiana officials say lightning injured six people at an RV park near the Louisiana-Texas state line.
- Nova shaky, Yankees sloppy in 8-1 loss to Rays Updated: Jul-05-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - Ivan Nova was shaky on the mound, then wild with a throw to third. Jose Pirela made two errors on one play. And hardly anyone with a bat in their hands was able to solve Erasmo Ramirez - again.
- Coghlan, Hendricks lead Cubs to 2-0 win over Marlins Updated: Jul-05-15 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - Manager Joe Maddon is not concerned about the Cubs' lack of offense - as long as they're still winning.
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox Updated: Jul-05-15 7:02 pm
CHICAGO - Back in the majors, Jonathan Schoop quickly made an impact.
- Ramirez's 2-run HR lifts Red Sox over Astros 5-4 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:56 pm
BOSTON - Hanley Ramirez handed the Boston Red Sox another well-timed win.
- Kennedy outpitched by Lynn as Padres beaten by Cardinals Updated: Jul-05-15 6:45 pm
ST. LOUIS - Ian Kennedy did fine against most of the St. Louis hitters. He just couldn't figure out how to shut down rookie outfielder Tommy Pham and pitcher Lance Lynn.
- Verlander drops to 0-4 as Blue Jays beat Tigers 10-5 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:32 pm
- Ramirez stifles sloppy Yanks as Rays stop 7-game slide, 8-1 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - After a week without a win, the Tampa Bay Rays were hardly shy about describing their celebration Sunday.
- Pham hits 1st MLB homer and drives in 3, Cards top Padres Updated: Jul-05-15 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rookie outfielder Tommy Pham has done almost everything right in his first three starts with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Santana returns from suspension as Twins fall to Royals 3-2 Updated: Jul-05-15 5:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Maybe it was the joy in being back on the mound after serving an 80-game suspension. Maybe it was the fact that Ervin Santana was facing his former team. Maybe it was simply that he was making them foolish.