- Jets' Maccagnan goes from behind scenes to sudden celebrity Updated: Sep-02-15 8:40 am
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The shouts from the stands kind of caught Mike Maccagnan off-guard.
- Vols' Jennings, Jumper make surprising moves up depth chart Updated: Sep-01-15 8:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Jauan Jennings says he wasn't even thinking about the possibility of cracking the starting lineup for the season opener when he moved from quarterback to wide receiver last month.
- How much will stipends affect college recruiting? Updated: Sep-01-15 5:07 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - An athlete has two offers to decide where to play for the next four years. One comes with considerably more cash than the other.
- Kansas State students asked to sign sportsmanship pledge Updated: Sep-01-15 3:30 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State students will have to sign a sportsmanship pledge before they can pick up their tickets for sporting events this year.
- FCS power North Dakota St to provide athlete stipends Updated: Aug-27-15 5:54 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Football Championship Subdivision powerhouse North Dakota State said Thursday it will provide thousands of dollars in stipends to scholarship athletes in all 16 sports beginning next year, a move that could persuade other mid-majors to follow suit.
- UCLA suspends OL coach Klemm for 2 games after investigation Updated: Aug-21-15 9:29 pm
SAN BERNARDINO, California - UCLA has suspended offensive line coach Adrian Klemm for its first two games and imposed additional recruiting restrictions on its football coaching staff after an investigation into Klemm's recruiting practices.
- Column: Athletes are winners even on day they lost Updated: Aug-17-15 4:59 pm
The idea that a union shop leader would be able to schedule practice breaks or negotiate travel upgrades for Northwestern football players always seemed a bit preposterous.
- Mississippi has lofty goals but must find a quarterback Updated: Aug-17-15 12:57 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi coach Hugh Freeze regularly talks about how his team should compete for a Southeastern Conference title.
- Notable Mississippians join chorus to change state flag Updated: Aug-16-15 9:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jimmy Buffett, John Grisham, Morgan Freeman and former New Orleans Saints quarterback Archie Manning are among famous current and former Mississippi residents asking the state to remove the Confederate battle emblem from its flag.
- Plenty of new faces as USC opens fall camp free of sanctions Updated: Aug-09-15 2:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Southern California opened fall camp with familiar expectations and plenty of new faces.
- K-State QB battle still up for grabs into fall camp Updated: Aug-08-15 8:21 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Those waiting for answers surrounding Kansas State's quarterback battle will have to wait a little while longer.