- American midfielder Stuart Holden retires from soccer at 30 Updated: Feb-03-16 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - American midfielder Stuart Holden is retiring from soccer, unable to recover from knee injuries that have sidelined him for most of the past four years.
- Broncos' Elway won't rush Manning into decision about future Updated: Feb-01-16 11:41 pm
SAN JOSE, California - John Elway realizes as well as anyone just how difficult a decision it is for an elite quarterback to retire, and he has no plans of putting pressure on Peyton Manning to make up his mind right away.
- The Latest: Panthers linebacker Davis returns to practice Updated: Feb-01-16 11:06 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The latest on the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos meeting reporters at media day, now known as Super Bowl Opening Night (all times local):
- Raiders DE Justin Tuck retires after 11 NFL seasons Updated: Feb-01-16 5:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Raiders defensive end Justin Tuck is retiring after 11 seasons in the NFL.
- New York Mets to retire Mike Piazza's uniform number 31 Updated: Jan-25-16 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Mike Piazza's No. 31 will be retired by the New York Mets this summer.
- With Ortiz retiring, Red Sox prepping youth for future Updated: Jan-21-16 10:02 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox want to send Big Papi out as a winner.
- Lleyton Hewitt retires in farewell at Australian Open Updated: Jan-21-16 10:17 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Baseball cap turned backward, pumping himself up with cries of "C'MON!" Lleyton Hewitt fought one last feisty encounter. Then he gathered his three young kids on center court and said farewell.
- Manny Pacquiao insists he'll retire after Bradley rematch Updated: Jan-19-16 8:50 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - With a beatific politician's smile on his face, Manny Pacquiao calmly insisted he'll step out of a boxing ring for the final time on April 9 after his third fight with Timothy Bradley.
- Reds retiring Rose's No. 14, inducting him into team HOF Updated: Jan-19-16 3:12 pm
CINCINNATI - Pete Rose is getting a hall of fame induction - in the Cincinnati Reds' team hall during a weekend of honors this summer in his hometown - that will include retiring his No. 14.
- Kobe passes torch, drops out of Rio Olympics consideration Updated: Jan-16-16 7:31 pm
MIAMI - Kobe Bryant is passing the Olympic torch.
- Curry, Warriors spoil Kobe's farewell in Oakland, 116-98 Updated: Jan-15-16 2:15 am
OAKLAND, California - Before he walked through the tunnel and out of Oracle Arena for the final time, Kobe Bryant stopped for a quick chat with Stephen Curry.
- Kobe Bryant enjoying his farewell tour at every stop Updated: Jan-15-16 2:06 am
OAKLAND, California - At every stop, in every road arena, Kobe Bryant is reflecting on 20 years of memories and many great games.
- Regehr returns to Calgary to retire as member of Flames Updated: Jan-11-16 2:14 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Despite winning a Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings, Robyn Regehr retired as a Calgary Flame.