- New Jersey Devils to retire Martin Brodeur's No. 30 Updated: Oct-07-15 2:59 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Shortly after Martin Brodeur was selected by the New Jersey Devils with the 20th pick in the 1990 NHL draft, the 18-year-old goaltender was confused.
- Ex-Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver retires at 37 Updated: Oct-05-15 12:47 pm
TORONTO - Defenseman Mike Weaver has retired at 37 after an 11-year career in the NHL in which he played the last two seasons with the Montreal Canadiens.
- Ivan Basso retires from professional cycling Updated: Oct-05-15 11:07 am
MILAN - Two-time Giro d'Italia winner Ivan Basso is retiring from professional cycling after recovering from cancer.
- Rodgers leads Packers past 49ers, Green Bay stays unbeaten Updated: Oct-05-15 8:14 am
- Tim Hudson cherishes final moment on mound before retiring Updated: Oct-01-15 7:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Hudson left the pitching mound for likely the last time to a roaring ovation and tipped his cap to every section of the stadium as his Giants teammates waited in front of the dugout in a hug line.
- Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt retiring after season Updated: Oct-01-15 4:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Torn between being a present father to his three young sons and a professional pitcher, Jeremy Affeldt nearly walked away from baseball for good at the All-Star break before manager Bruce Bochy and catcher Buster Posey talked him into sticking it out a couple more months.
- Former F1 driver Alguersuari retires from auto racing Updated: Oct-01-15 2:38 pm
MADRID - Former Formula One driver Jaime Alguersuari says he is retiring from auto racing at the age of 25.
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart will retire from Cup racing after '16 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:42 pm
KANNAPOLIS, North Carolina - There was no final straw, no outside influence, no personal trauma that led Tony Stewart to set an expiration date on his NASCAR career.
- Jason Richardson retires a month after signing with Hawks Updated: Sep-24-15 9:02 am
ATLANTA - Jason Richardson is retiring after a 13-year NBA career in which he averaged more than 23 points a game for Golden State 10 years ago.
- 'Keeper Barbieri, veteran of 4 Women's World Cups, retires Updated: Sep-23-15 9:43 pm
SYDNEY - Veteran Australia goalkeeper Melissa Barbieri on Thursday announced her retirement from international football after 86 matches, including four Women's World Cup tournaments.
- Vettel wins Singapore GP to liven up F1 title race Updated: Sep-20-15 12:01 pm
SINGAPORE - Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel overcame the shock of coming across a track intruder mid-race and won the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday, while runaway championship leader Lewis Hamilton suffered his first retirement of the season, injecting new life into the fight for the Formula One title.
- Pacquiao is OK with no rematch with Mayweather Updated: Sep-16-15 10:20 am
MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao doubts he will have a rematch with Floyd Mayweather because the American says he's retiring. And besides, boxing is not his priority these days.
- Former Flyers All-Star Simon Gagne retires from NHL Updated: Sep-15-15 1:59 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former Philadelphia Flyers left wing Simon Gagne retired on Tuesday after a 14-year career in the NHL.
- 2-time Olympic ski champion Raich retires after 19 years Updated: Sep-10-15 2:30 pm
VIENNA - Two-time Olympic champion Benjamin Raich retired Thursday after 19 years on the Alpine skiing World Cup.
- Jayna Hefford retires from Canadian women's hockey team Updated: Sep-10-15 2:21 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Jayna Hefford left the Canadian women's hockey team the way she arrived - winning gold in overtime against the United States.