- Burke: Michael Sam signing with CFL historic moment Updated: May-26-15 7:25 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Brian Burke believes the Montreal Alouettes signing of Michael Sam is a tipping point in professional sports.
- Jeter returns to Yankee Stadium as Williams' No. 51 retired Updated: May-25-15 1:09 am
NEW YORK - Bernie Williams stood in front of the pitcher's mound, flanked by Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte and Jorge Posada, all clothed in finely tailored suits rather than the pinstriped baseball uniforms in which they earned fame and fortune.
- David Letterman drives into retirement with Indy 500 tribute Updated: May-24-15 11:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - David Letterman has a new No. 1 on his personal Top Ten list of reasons he loves the Indianapolis 500.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Jeff Gordon to join Fox as full-time analyst in 2016 Updated: May-21-15 10:04 pm
Jeff Gordon will join Fox as a full-time analyst in 2016, teaming with Mike Joy and Darrell Waltrip in the three-man booth.
- Rafael Furcal retires after 14 major league seasons Updated: May-19-15 5:00 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Former NL Rookie of the Year Rafael Furcal is retiring after 14 major league seasons.
- 49ers DL Justin Smith retires after 14 seasons Updated: May-18-15 4:29 pm
- American goalkeeper Friedel to retire at end of season Updated: May-14-15 8:05 am
LONDON - Tottenham goalkeeper Brad Friedel will retire at the end of the Premier League season, closing a 23-year professional career to become a television announcer for Fox Sports in his native United States.
- Injured Manny Pacquiao returns to the Philippines Updated: May-13-15 7:42 am
MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao returned home to the Philippines on Wednesday nursing his right shoulder after surgery and weighing up whether to retire or push for a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Linebacker Jarret Johnson to retire as Raven Updated: May-12-15 6:20 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Jarret Johnson is going to end his NFL career the same way he started it: with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Gebrselassie gives up competitions, won't stop running Updated: May-11-15 7:00 am
Haile Gebrselassie isn't going to stop running, he's just going to stop racing.
- Cowboys' Brent retiring again after drunken-driving crash Updated: May-08-15 4:29 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent is retiring for the second time since the drunken-driving crash that killed teammate Jerry Brown and derailed his career.
- Ed Reed signs final contract with Ravens, then retires Updated: May-07-15 4:23 pm
- Titans linebacker Kamerion Wimbley retires after 9 seasons Updated: May-07-15 4:14 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Titans linebacker Kamerion Wimbley wants to spend more time with his family and has decided to retire from the NFL after nine seasons.
- Safety Ed Reed to announce retirement as a Baltimore Raven Updated: May-06-15 10:18 pm
- The Latest: Mayweather-Pacquiao close going into late rounds Updated: May-03-15 12:42 am
LAS VEGAS - 9:38 p.m. (12:38 a.m.) Round 10
- Former Cowboys great retires as Broncos scout Updated: May-02-15 8:59 pm
- All-Star OF Carlos Quentin retires in minors with Mariners Updated: May-02-15 2:45 am
SEATTLE - Carlos Quentin retired Friday after chronic knee injuries cut short his All-Star career.
- Sun G Katie Douglas retires from WNBA Updated: May-01-15 2:30 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Connecticut Sun guard Katie Douglas has announced her retirement from the WNBA.
- Former Olympian Bouchard-Hall chosen as USA Cycling CEO Updated: Apr-30-15 3:02 pm
USA Cycling has chosen a Harvard-educated businessman who once made the U.S. Olympic team to help usher the sport's national governing body through a critical and transformative time.
- Kiwi rugby league player retires with concussion symptoms Updated: Apr-29-15 5:59 pm
ST. HELENS, England - Former New Zealand international Lance Hohaia says he is quitting rugby league because of "recurrent post-match concussion-type symptoms," more than six months after being knocked unconscious by an opponent's punch.