- Se Ri Pak receives special exemption for US Women's Open Updated: May-04-16 4:51 pm
FAR HILLS, New Jersey - Retiring South Korean great Se Ri Pak has received a special exemption from the U.S. Golf Association to play in the U.S. Women's Open.
- World Cup winner Luca Toni announces retirement Updated: May-04-16 8:23 am
VERONA, Italy - World Cup winner Luca Toni says he will retire after Sunday's match against Serie A champion Juventus.
- Battered and bloodied Clippers exit playoffs early again Updated: Apr-30-16 5:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - The battered and bloodied Los Angeles Clippers fought to the end only to exit the playoffs early once again.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Updated: Apr-26-16 8:06 pm
DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki is not retiring and almost certainly will spend a 19th season with the Mavericks.
- Ex-world time trial champ Rogers retires with heart problem Updated: Apr-25-16 8:10 pm
SYDNEY - Former time-trial world champion Michael Rogers has retired from competitive cycling because of a heart condition.
- Idaho official: Kobe Bryant's remarks help save potato truck Updated: Apr-25-16 3:39 pm
EAGLE, Idaho - Kobe Bryant's recent mention of the Great Big Idaho Potato Truck might have helped save the traveling advertisement from a premature retirement, according to the head of a state agency that promotes Idaho potatoes.
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Red Wings follow refrain, make brief appearance in playoffs Updated: Apr-22-16 6:58 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have developed a pattern of consistency, and that's not necessarily a good thing.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Apr-19-16 8:48 pm
Houston Chronicle. April 16, 2016.
- AC/DC's Brian Johnson says he's not retiring Updated: Apr-19-16 10:47 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - AC/DC singer Brian Johnson says he's not retiring from music after doctors told him that he risks substantial hearing loss if he continues to perform in large arenas and stadiums.
- Blackwell says he will not return to ring after collapse Updated: Apr-19-16 7:10 am
LONDON - British boxer Nick Blackwell says he will retire from the sport after collapsing following his fight against Chris Eubank Jr. in March.
- 3B Beltre aims at retiring with Texas Rangers, just not soon Updated: Apr-16-16 5:52 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Sure, Adrian Beltre plans to retire as a member of the Texas Rangers. That just won't be any time real soon.
- 27-year-old wideout Harvin retiring after 7 NFL seasons Updated: Apr-15-16 10:44 am
Percy Harvin's tumultuous career has come to an abrupt end.
- Jared Allen signs 1-day contract to retire with Vikings Updated: Apr-14-16 8:26 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Jared Allen was drafted by Kansas City. He left Minnesota for Chicago. He reached the Super Bowl with Carolina.
- After lost season with Jets, Colon not ready for retirement Updated: Apr-14-16 7:28 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Willie Colon watched his friend D'Brickashaw Ferguson walk away from football, capped by a celebration of a terrific 10-year career at the New York Jets' facility.
- Defensive end Jared Allen to retire as Viking Updated: Apr-14-16 12:31 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - All-Pro defensive end Jared Allen has signed a one-day contract with Minnesota to officially retire as a Viking.
- What a night! Golden State wins 73, Kobe scores 60 in finale Updated: Apr-14-16 3:52 am
The stars did not disappoint.
- The Latest: Kobe and the Warriors delivered in finales Updated: Apr-14-16 1:37 am
The Latest on the Golden State Warriors' chase of the best regular-season record in NBA history on Wednesday and Kobe Bryant's final game with the Los Angeles Lakers (all times local):
- England batsman Taylor retires due to heart condition Updated: Apr-12-16 6:10 am
NOTTINGHAM, England - England batsman James Taylor has been forced to retire from cricket at the age of 26 after being diagnosed with a serious heart condition.
- Red Sox honor retiring DH David Ortiz before home opener Updated: Apr-11-16 6:33 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox asked their fans to imagine a world without David Ortiz, then spent the rest of the day reminding the city what he has meant to the franchise.
- DL Mike DeVito retires after 9 NFL seasons Updated: Apr-11-16 4:42 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Mike DeVito is retiring after nine NFL seasons.
- Jets' Ferguson makes retirement official in letter to fans Updated: Apr-09-16 8:54 pm
NEW YORK - D'Brickashaw Ferguson played 10 rugged seasons in the NFL, never missed a snap due to injury and established himself as one of the best at his position.
- AP source: Jets left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson to retire Updated: Apr-08-16 11:11 pm
NEW YORK - D'Brickashaw Ferguson is walking away from football after 10 years of protecting New York Jets quarterbacks.
- Astros CF Carlos Gomez says he wants to retire a Brewer Updated: Apr-08-16 7:31 pm
MILWAUKEE - Houston center fielder Carlos Gomez says he'd like to retire as a member of the Milwaukee Brewers, the team that traded him to the Astros last summer.