- The 2014 Boxing Hall of Fame class Updated: Dec-04-13 1:52 pm
- Former Czech international Tomas Ujfalusi retires Updated: Dec-02-13 9:35 am
- Ted Lilly retiring at 37 after 15 seasons Updated: Nov-29-13 4:14 pm
- Olympic champion Tom James retires from rowing Updated: Nov-28-13 11:41 am
- Ted Lilly expected to decide soon on retirement Updated: Nov-27-13 8:02 pm
- Longtime Dickinson State football coach retiring Updated: Nov-21-13 5:33 pm
- Longtime MLS goalkeeper Kevin Hartman retires Updated: Nov-21-13 3:42 pm
- Cardinals sign Matheny to 3-year extension Updated: Nov-20-13 9:11 pm
- Dierdorf to retire from broadcasting after season Updated: Nov-20-13 4:44 pm
- Defenseman Aucoin retires after 17 seasons in NHL Updated: Nov-19-13 3:03 pm
- US sprinter Darvis Patton retires after 13 years Updated: Nov-18-13 8:49 pm
- US sprinter Darvis Patton retires after 13 years Updated: Nov-18-13 8:39 pm
- Ganassi: Franchitti heartbroken over retirement Updated: Nov-15-13 7:02 pm
- IndyCar star Franchitti retires month after crash Updated: Nov-14-13 10:12 pm
- DeRosa joins MLB Network, 1 day after retiring Updated: Nov-14-13 12:44 am
- Union sets up group to help former players Updated: Nov-13-13 4:12 pm
- Veteran infielder Mark DeRosa retires Updated: Nov-13-13 12:21 am
- Friend played early part of Chris Chelios' success Updated: Nov-11-13 10:44 pm
- Rivera, Pettitte to be honored at BBWAA dinner Updated: Nov-06-13 3:19 pm
- Schwarzer retires from international football Updated: Nov-05-13 10:55 pm
- Ex Bucks star Redd to retire in Milwaukee Updated: Nov-05-13 2:41 pm
CANASTOTA, New York - A look at the 12 people to be inducted June 8 into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum:
PRAGUE - Former Czech Republic defender Tomas Ujfalusi has retired from football because of a knee injury.
OAKLAND, California - Ted Lilly would have loved to keep pitching - if his body would allow him to start every fifth day, and if he could stay off the disabled list.
LONDON - Olympic champion Tom James is retiring from rowing to pursue a career as a business consultant.
Left-hander Ted Lilly is expected to decide in the next few weeks whether to retire or try to pitch again following a recent neck operation to relieve pressure on his spine.
FARGO, North Dakota - Hank Biesiot, the longtime coach at Dickinson State who challenged the record for all-time NAIA victories, said Thursday he is stepping down after 38 years.
HARRISON, New Jersey - Goalkeeper Kevin Hartman has announced his retirement after 17 years in Major League Soccer.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals gave manager Mike Matheny a three-year contract extension through 2017 on Wednesday, rewarding him for deep postseason runs in his first two seasons in the job.
NEW YORK - If Dan Dierdorf could beam himself into the press boxes of NFL stadiums around the country, he might keep calling games a few more decades.
TORONTO - Veteran defenseman Adrian Aucoin is retiring after 17 seasons in the NHL.
Olympic medalist Darvis Patton is retiring from sprinting after a 13-year professional career.
Barely even retired from sprinting and Darvis Patton is already contemplating a cool, new endeavor - bobsledding.
HOMESTEAD, Florida - In the six years Dario Franchitti had been driving for Chip Ganassi, he had only phoned his boss once from his home in Scotland.
Dario Franchitti kept racing after the death of best friend Greg Moore. He continued on following the death of former teammate Dan Wheldon. He was eager to drive into his early 40s.
SECAUCUS, New Jersey - Mark DeRosa joined MLB Network as a studio analyst Wednesday, one day after retiring as a major league player.
Retired NFL players now have another option for aid.
TORONTO - Blue Jays infielder Mark DeRosa is retiring after a 16-year major league career.
TORONTO - Playing in the NHL wasn't Chris Chelios' dream.
NEW YORK - Retiring New York Yankees pitchers Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte have been voted the Joe DiMaggio Toast of the Town award by the New York chapter of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.
SYDNEY - Australia goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer announced his retirement from international football Wednesday after a 20-year career that included two World Cups.
MILWAUKEE - Michael Redd, a former All-Star guard who became the fourth-leading scorer in Bucks history in a career hampered by injuries, will retire in Milwaukee on Wednesday.