- NY court hears arguments on fantasy sports Updated: Nov-25-15 4:39 pm
NEW YORK - A judge said Wednesday he would not take long to rule on a motion by New York's top law enforcement official to stop the country's two biggest daily fantasy sports companies from operating following two hours of arguments in a packed Manhattan courtroom.
- 6 Europa League clubs face UEFA sanctions for late payments Updated: Nov-25-15 4:33 pm
NYON, Switzerland - Europa League runner-up Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk is among six clubs facing UEFA sanctions for late payments under Financial Fair Play rules.
- A's get Hendriks from Blue Jays for Chavez Updated: Nov-20-15 8:12 pm
- Lawyers: NFL concussion deal excludes central brain injury Updated: Nov-19-15 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former players appealing the NFL's $1 billion plan to address concussion-linked injuries asked a court on Thursday to reject the settlement because it excludes what they call the signature brain disease of football.
- Twins win bidding for rights to Korean slugger Updated: Nov-09-15 2:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins have won the bidding for negotiating rights to Byung Ho Park, a 29-year-old first baseman who totaled 105 home runs over the past two seasons in the hitter-friendly Korea Baseball Organization.
- Nats make qualifying offers to RHP Zimmermann, SS Desmond Updated: Nov-06-15 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals have made $15.8 million qualifying offers to two homegrown players expected to leave via free agency, pitcher Jordan Zimmermann and shortstop Ian Desmond.
- Mets give 2B Daniel Murphy $15.8 million qualifying offer Updated: Nov-06-15 5:54 pm
NEW YORK - Second baseman Daniel Murphy has been given a $15.8 million qualifying offer by the New York Mets.
- Davis, Wieters, Chen get qualifying offers from Orioles Updated: Nov-06-15 5:27 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles have extended $15.8 million qualifying offers to first baseman Chris Davis, catcher Matt Wieters and left-hander Wei-Yin Chen.
- Football Federation Australia, union approve new contract Updated: Nov-06-15 1:18 am
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia and a players' union have agreed to a new collective bargaining agreement that covers the domestic A-League and both men's and women's national teams for four years.
- Judge tosses arbitration that said MASN owes Nats $298M Updated: Nov-04-15 4:39 pm
- Wada, Mateo fall just short of salary arbitration Updated: Nov-03-15 9:42 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada and San Diego right-hander Marcos Mateo fell just short of qualifying for salary arbitration.