- Moustakas, Royals agree to $14.3 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-11-16 10:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals and third baseman Mike Moustakas agreed Thursday to a $14.3 million, two-year contract that not only avoids arbitration this year but also buys out his final year.
- AP Interview: Union head Tony Clark pitches for more jobs Updated: Feb-11-16 1:38 pm
NEW YORK - With spring training approaching and dozens of players still seeking jobs, union leader Tony Clark concluded baseball's current system needs change.
- Belt, Giants agree at $6.2 million just before hearing Updated: Feb-10-16 4:10 pm
PHOENIX - First baseman Brandon Belt and the San Francisco Giants have agreed to a $6.2 million, one-year contract.
- Moreland's $5.7M deal with Rangers avoids arbitration Updated: Feb-10-16 9:08 am
PHOENIX - First baseman Mitch Moreland has agreed to a $5.7 million, one-year contract with the Texas Rangers, avoiding a salary arbitration hearing set for Wednesday.
- Panthers turn page to 2016 after deflating Super Bowl loss Updated: Feb-10-16 2:42 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dave Gettleman has been on both ends of the spectrum when it comes to Super Bowl - winning two with the New York Giants as a front office assistant and losing on Sunday as general manager of the Carolina Panthers.
- Clippers suspend Blake Griffin 4 games without pay for punch Updated: Feb-09-16 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin was suspended four games without pay on Tuesday for punching a team staff member, and the Los Angeles Clippers will dock the star forward's pay for an additional game because he broke his shooting hand.
- Senators get Phaneuf from Maple Leafs in 9-player trade Updated: Feb-09-16 2:23 pm
General manager Lou Lamoriello plans to exhaust the alphabet from A to Z to improve the Toronto Maple Leafs. His latest move was trading the man who has worn the "C'' on his chest for the past six seasons.
- Astros beat Castro in arbitration, catcher gets $5 million Updated: Feb-09-16 1:43 pm
PHOENIX - Houston Astros catcher Jason Castro became the first player to lose in salary arbitration this year.
- Conference set for March 3 in USSF suit vs women's union Updated: Feb-09-16 1:37 pm
CHICAGO - A status conference is scheduled for March 3 in the lawsuit brought by the U.S. Soccer Federation against the union for the World-Cup winning U.S. national team over the existence and validity of a collective bargaining agreement.
- AP source: Donaldson, Blue Jays nearing $28.65M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-09-16 10:49 am
NEW YORK - AL MVP Josh Donaldson and the Toronto Blue Jays are nearing agreement on a $28.65 million, two-year contract, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- AP source: J.D. Martinez, Tigers reach $18.5M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-08-16 9:07 pm
DETROIT - J.D. Martinez has agreed to an $18.5 million, two-year contract with the Detroit Tigers, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
- Jets sign Byfuglien to $38 million, five-year extension Updated: Feb-08-16 5:43 pm
ST. LOUIS - Big Buff is off the NHL free-agent market.
- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M Updated: Feb-06-16 1:40 pm
PHOENIX - Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.
- Arrieta, Cubs agree at $10.7M, AP source says Updated: Feb-06-16 12:42 am
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta and the Chicago Cubs found a number that worked in the canyon between their arbitration proposals.
- Orioles LHP Britton accepts 1-year deal, avoids arbitration Updated: Feb-05-16 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Orioles closer Zach Britton has agreed to terms on a $6.75 million contract for 2016, avoiding arbitration.
- Hoover beats Reds in arbitration, improving players to 2-0 Updated: Feb-05-16 4:07 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever J.J. Hoover has won his salary arbitration case against the Cincinnati Reds, improving players to 2-0 against teams this year.
- Union: Raiders, Jaguars far under spending minimum Updated: Feb-04-16 9:28 pm
- Orioles, LHP Matusz agree to $3.9 million, 1-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 8:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles have reached agreement with left-hander Brian Matusz on a $3.9 million, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.
- Kendrick and Dodgers finalize $20 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers finalized their $20 million, two-year contract with free-agent Howie Kendrick on Thursday, bringing back the second baseman in part because of his willingness to play multiple positions.
- Brazilian company tells Neymar to come clean over transfer Updated: Feb-04-16 10:09 am
MADRID - The Brazilian company that says it hasn't been properly compensated for Neymar's transfer to Barcelona wants him to come clean and put an end to his judicial problems in Spain and Brazil.
- Cespedes says staying with Mets always was his preference Updated: Feb-03-16 8:39 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes says he chose happiness over more dollars.
- Smyly and Rays argue 1st MLB salary arbitration case of year Updated: Feb-03-16 8:17 pm
PHOENIX - Drew Smyly and the Tampa Bay Rays have argued baseball's first salary arbitration case this year.
- Mets willing to consider long-term deals for young pitchers Updated: Feb-03-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Now that most of this offseason's business is complete, the New York Mets may turn their attention to long-term deals for the hard-throwing young starting pitchers who helped the team reach the World Series last year for the first time since 2000.
- Lawmakers seek compensation for deceased FSU player's family Updated: Feb-02-16 5:11 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Two Florida legislators and a group of NFL players say this is the year the Legislature should finally compensate the family of Florida State University freshman football player Devaughn Darling, who died after overexertion during a workout in 2001.
- Carlos Quentin to try comeback with Twins Updated: Feb-02-16 2:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Outfielder Carlos Quentin and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a minor league contract, giving the 33-year-old a chance to revive his career.