- Seattle re-signs free agent DE Michael Bennett Updated: Mar-10-14 4:15 pm
- Jets release WR Santonio Holmes after 4 seasons Updated: Mar-10-14 3:51 pm
- Eagles look to improve defense in free agency Updated: Mar-10-14 2:20 pm
- Redskins, Cowboys released from salary cap jail Updated: Mar-10-14 12:55 pm
- Jets release cornerback Antonio Cromartie Updated: Mar-09-14 5:29 pm
- AP source: Saints tell Sproles he won't return Updated: Mar-07-14 10:44 pm
- WNBA Board of Governors ratifies new CBA Updated: Mar-07-14 8:54 pm
- Cowboys release Costa, redo Bernadeau in cap moves Updated: Mar-07-14 5:10 pm
- Joe Saunders can earn $3.65M under Rangers deal Updated: Mar-07-14 1:38 pm
- Nantes to serve 1-year ban on signing new players Updated: Mar-07-14 6:33 am
- Free agency begins Tuesday, cap at $133 million Updated: Mar-06-14 8:33 pm
- NHL modifies Kovalchuk penalty against Devils Updated: Mar-06-14 4:33 pm
- LA Kings get D McNabb from Sabres, shuffle roster Updated: Mar-05-14 6:14 pm
- LA Kings pick up Marian Gaborik from Blue Jackets Updated: Mar-05-14 6:06 pm
- Steelers sign Polamalu, Miller to extensions Updated: Mar-05-14 5:24 pm
- Harvey gets $60K in bonuses without throwing pitch Updated: Mar-05-14 1:04 pm
- Cowboys rework deals for Romo, Lee, Scandrick Updated: Mar-04-14 7:39 pm
- AP source: Vikings will cut TE John Carlson Updated: Mar-04-14 7:24 pm
- Players' union paying attention to Mets' payroll Updated: Mar-04-14 12:32 pm
- Redskins place franchise tag on LB Brian Orakpo Updated: Mar-03-14 6:24 pm
- NFL salary cap set at record $133 million Updated: Feb-28-14 9:41 pm
- UEFA probes 76 clubs over Financial Fair Play Updated: Feb-28-14 12:27 pm
- Royals agree with 10 players on 1-year contracts Updated: Feb-27-14 4:12 pm
- Nelson, Vucevic lead Magic past 76ers 101-90 Updated: Feb-26-14 10:39 pm
- Panthers' Gross retires, WR Smith's future unclear Updated: Feb-26-14 5:16 pm
RENTON, Washington - Free agent defensive end Michael Bennett is returning to Seattle after agreeing to a multi-year deal with the Super Bowl champion Seahawks.
NEW YORK - Tone Time is over for the New York Jets.
PHILADELPHIA - It was just three years ago when the Philadelphia Eagles were coming off their last division title and decided the best way to make a run at the Super Bowl was to spend freely in free agency.
NEW YORK - The New York Jets cut ties with their top cornerback - and saved millions of dollars under their salary cap.
NEW ORLEANS - A person familiar with the situation says Darren Sproles has been informed that the Saints will release him if they are unable to trade him before free agency begins.
NEW YORK - The WNBA Board of Governors ratified a new eight-year collective bargaining agreement Friday.
SURPRISE, Arizona - Pitcher Joe Saunders can earn up to $3.65 million plus award bonuses under his contract with the Texas Rangers and would get the full amount if he pitches 210 innings.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - French club Nantes will serve a one-year FIFA ban on recruiting new players after losing an appeal at Switzerland's supreme court.
NEW YORK - Let the bidding binges begin.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Los Angeles Kings have struggled to score goals all season, and few NHL players do it better than a healthy, hungry Marian Gaborik.
PITTSBURGH - Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller are doing their part to help the Pittsburgh Steelers get under the 2014 salary cap.
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey may not throw a single pitch this season, but he's already earned $60,000 in bonuses.
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings will release veteran tight end John Carlson after two injury-marred seasons.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida - Calling the New York Mets a "marquee franchise," new players' union head Tony Clark is paying attention to the team's payroll.
ASHBURN, Virginia - The Washington Redskins placed a franchise tag on three-time Pro Bowl outside linebacker Brian Orakpo on Monday, all but ensuring he will remain with the team next season.
NEW YORK - The NFL's salary cap for this season has been set at $133 million, the highest amount in league history.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA is investigating 76 Champions League and Europa League clubs for potentially breaking the Financial Fair Play rules designed to curb excessive spending.
PHILADELPHIA - A strong team defensive effort in the second half and Jameer Nelson's fourth-quarter offense helped the Orlando Magic snap a 16-game road losing streak. Playing the Philadelphia 76ers didn't hurt, either.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - One longtime Carolina Panther called it quits on Wednesday, while another may be headed out the door behind him.