- Wisconsin budget passes committee, heads to full Legislature Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's finance committee finally completed its revisions to Gov. Scott Walker's state budget plan after a five-week delay early Friday morning, clearing the way for votes in the full Senate and Assembly.
- AP Source: Suns send 3 to Detroit for pick Updated: Jul-03-15 1:35 am
- AP source: Wizards agree to acquire Bucks' Dudley for pick Updated: Jul-02-15 10:24 pm
- Ducks sign new D Kevin Bieksa to 2-year extension thru 2018 Updated: Jul-02-15 8:54 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Defenseman Kevin Bieksa has agreed to a two-year, $8 million contract extension through 2018 with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Bucks land free agent big man Greg Monroe Updated: Jul-02-15 6:39 pm
As one of the most coveted big men on the free agent market, Greg Monroe had his choice of destinations.
- AP source: Pelicans, Asik agree on 5-year contract Updated: Jul-02-15 12:15 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Pelicans and center Omer Asik have agreed on a five-year contract worth a minimum of $44 million and rising up to $58 million if incentives and benchmarks are met, said a person familiar with the negotiations.
- AP Source: Kings trade Stauskas, Thompson, Landry to 76ers Updated: Jul-02-15 1:27 am
- Bruins busy on first day of free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 11:22 pm
BOSTON - Boston Bruins rookie general manager Don Sweeney went into the first day of NHL free agency intent on improving his team's feeble offense, which ranked 22nd in the league.
- Love stays, Chandler moves, dollars fly in NBA free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 9:27 pm
Kevin Love has unfinished business in Cleveland and Tyson Chandler will be conducting his in Phoenix.
- Political feud reopens as Dayton hikes agency head pay Updated: Jul-01-15 5:54 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton gave significant raises Wednesday to the various department heads who work under him, bumping the annual salaries of 11 executive branch commissioners to more than $150,000 while reigniting a political fight over public-sector pay that could spill into Minnesota's 2016 legislative campaign.
- AP source: Anthony Davis, Pelicans agree to max extension Updated: Jul-01-15 12:48 am
NEW ORLEANS - Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans have agreed on a five-year extension worth more than $140 million.
- Flames sign defenseman Dougie Hamilton to 6-year contract Updated: Jun-30-15 8:27 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Bruins general manager Don Sweeney didn't think Dougie Hamilton would have been "comfortable" signing long term in Boston.
- Blackhawks trade Saad to Blue Jackets Updated: Jun-30-15 7:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks said all along that Brandon Saad would be back next season.
- LA Kings terminate Mike Richards' contract for "breach" Updated: Jun-29-15 8:28 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Kings terminated Mike Richards' contract Monday, claiming the underachieving forward committed a "material breach" of its terms.
- AP Source: LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent Updated: Jun-28-15 6:30 pm
For the third time in six seasons, LeBron James is an unrestricted free agent.
- Ducks get Hagelin, Khudobin; ship out Etem, Palmieri, Wiz Updated: Jun-27-15 5:11 pm
The Anaheim Ducks' busy draft weekend demonstrated they're still determined to improve a team that finished a game short of the Stanley Cup Final last month.
- Idaho new laws include official state amphibian Updated: Jun-27-15 1:55 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Summer in Idaho brings not only plenty of outdoor cookouts and floats down the river, but also state laws ready to go into effect.
- Romanian soccer official charged with corruption, forgery Updated: Jun-27-15 12:45 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Anti-corruption prosecutors have charged Romania's top football official with abusing his position and forging documents seven years ago when he was chairman of a local club.
- Bruins deal veterans Lucic, Hamilton on draft day Updated: Jun-26-15 8:04 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins' makeover that began in the front office has reached the front line on offense and the top pairing on defense.
- Chicago Bulls take Arkansas' Bobby Portis with 22nd pick Updated: Jun-26-15 12:39 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Bulls figured Arkansas power forward Bobby Portis would be gone by the time they picked. Once their turn came, the decision was easy.
- Pacers go big, take Myles Turner 11th in the NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:33 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers granted Myles Turner's wish to play in the basketball-crazed Hoosier state.
- Astros agree to $5.9 million signing bonus with SS Bregman Updated: Jun-25-15 9:16 pm
HOUSTON - Alex Bregman has only had a week off since wrapping up his career at LSU when the Tigers were eliminated from the College World Series.
- NHL salary cap to increase to $71.4 million for next season Updated: Jun-23-15 4:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - The NHL's salary cap for the upcoming 2015-16 season will increase to $71.4 million, allaying some concerns about a weak Canadian dollar's impact on the hockey pay scale.
- Indians agree to give Brady Aiken $2.5 million signing bonus Updated: Jun-22-15 6:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Brady Aiken will receive a signing bonus of just over $2.5 million from the Cleveland Indians.
- Bo Jackson to host home run derby for fantasy players Updated: Jun-18-15 8:33 am
LAS VEGAS - Bo Jackson is heading back to the baseball diamond to teach some armchair managers how to swing for the fences.