- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-30-15 10:24 pm
- Commissioner: NBA relationship with players 'best' in sports Updated: Jul-30-15 12:40 pm
JOHANNESBURG - With a multi-billion dollar new broadcast rights deal set to kick in from the 2016-17 season, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says "it's a very good time" for the league right now and, he stressed on Thursday, the players, too.
- Gettleman looks to make it 3 straight playoffs Panthers Updated: Jul-29-15 5:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - There were some questions when Panthers owner Jerry Richardson hired Dave Gettleman as the team's new general manager in 2013.
- Buffalo Bills release veteran guard Chris Williams Updated: Jul-28-15 9:13 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills have released offensive guard Chris Williams a day before players begin reporting for the start of training camp.
- Mets acquire reliever Tyler Clippard from Athletics Updated: Jul-27-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - The active New York Mets acquired first-rate reliever Tyler Clippard from Oakland for a minor league pitcher Monday, completing their second trade in four days and sending another signal they're serious about contending this year.
- Cavs trade Haywood, Miller to Blazers Updated: Jul-27-15 6:55 pm
- Cavaliers sign guard Matthew Dellavedova to 1-year contract Updated: Jul-27-15 3:27 pm
CLEVELAND - Matthew Dellavedova has hustled his way back to the Cavaliers.
- Heat trade Napier and Zoran Dragic, waive Walker Updated: Jul-27-15 3:04 pm
- Rangers sign Stepan to long-term deal, avoid arbitration Updated: Jul-27-15 12:37 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers and center Derek Stepan avoided salary arbitration, agreeing on a six-year contract.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Colts release Gosder Cherilus; tackle slowed by injuries Updated: Jul-26-15 2:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts wanted Gosder Cherilus back to help anchor their offensive line this season. They just weren't willing to take a big gamble on a 31-year-old right tackle coming off knee surgery.
- Senators' Alex Chiasson awarded 1-year contract Updated: Jul-26-15 11:44 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Alex Chiasson of the Ottawa Senators has been awarded a $1.2 million, one-year deal in arbitration on Sunday.
- Capitals' Braden Holtby signs $30.5 million, 5-year deal Updated: Jul-24-15 7:47 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Braden Holtby signed a $30.5-million, five-year contract with the Washington Capitals on Friday, a day before an arbitrator was expected to rule on an amount for a one-year deal for the goaltender.
- Electronic Sports League to begin random drug tests Updated: Jul-23-15 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drug testing is coming to e-sports.
- Number of players leaving Brazil highest since 2011 Updated: Jul-21-15 11:03 pm
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian football confederation says 355 players left the country in the first six months of the year, the most since 2011.
- Predators sign Craig Smith to 5-year, $21.25 million deal Updated: Jul-20-15 6:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have avoided arbitration with Craig Smith by signing the forward to a $21.25 million, five-year contract.
- NBA players gather for awards show, union meeting Updated: Jul-19-15 11:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - NBA commissioner Adam Silver insists a "significant number" of teams are losing money. But several players waking the red carpet Sunday night at the National Basketball Players Association's Players Awards insist they need to see proof before they believe Silver's claim.
- Swanson, D-backs agree at $6.5 million ahead of deadline Updated: Jul-17-15 9:29 pm
PHOENIX - Shortstop Dansby Swanson, the first overall pick in baseball's amateur draft last month, agreed Friday to a $6.5 million signing bonus with the Arizona Diamondbacks just before the deadline for him to reach a deal.
- Champion Blackhawks hurting after salary cap moves Updated: Jul-17-15 9:29 pm
CHICAGO - Barely a month after winning their third Stanley Cup in six seasons, the Chicago Blackhawks hinted they're experiencing greater-than-expected pain inflicted by the NHL's salary cap.
- LeBron joins Cavaliers at summer league finale Updated: Jul-17-15 7:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - LeBron James made an appearance in Las Vegas to see the Cleveland Cavaliers' summer league finale.
- Kaka tops Gerrard, Lampard, Pirlo on MLS salary list Updated: Jul-17-15 12:53 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Kaka remains Major League Soccer's highest-paid player at just over $7 million, and newcomer Steven Gerrard is No. 4 behind Toronto midfielders Sebastian Giovinco and Michael Bradley.
- MLS players ratify 5-year labor contract through 2019 Updated: Jul-16-15 7:47 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Major League Soccer players have ratified their five-year collective bargaining agreement that runs through the 2019 season.
- Mavs add Barea for more money after Jordan defection Updated: Jul-16-15 12:54 pm
DALLAS - The Mavericks have re-signed point guard J.J. Barea, who will get significantly more money to provide depth behind newcomer Deron Williams after center DeAndre Jordan backed out on a deal to join Dallas.
- Dollars and sense: In the NBA, money is exploding Updated: Jul-15-15 9:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - To understand how the business model of NBA salaries is unlike ever before, consider the cases of Reggie Jackson, Khris Middleton and DeMarre Carroll.
- Justin Schultz, Oilers agree to $3.9 million, 1-year deal Updated: Jul-15-15 7:53 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Justin Schultz and the Edmonton Oilers avoided a salary arbitration hearing, agreeing to $3.9 million, one-year contract Wednesday.