- Dillon living up to potential in 3rd full NASCAR season Updated: May-04-16 6:05 pm
Austin Dillon was safe at home twice this week.
- Highlights from the 78th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-04-16 5:32 pm
RACE: 78th Indianapolis 500
- Correction: IndyCar-Stefan Wilson-Indy 500 story Updated: May-04-16 2:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a story April 26, The Associated Press reported erroneously that organ donations from the late IndyCar driver Justin Wilson saved six lives. The Indiana Donor Network, citing updated information from Wilson's family, says five lives were saved.
- 100th running of the Indy 500: Museum, tours and Main Street Updated: May-04-16 2:12 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - It's a big year for a big race. May 29 will mark the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, which claims to be the largest single-day sporting event in the world. Some 300,000 spectators will gather to watch drivers race 200 times around the 2.5-mile oval track - a total of 500 miles.
- Mercedes F1 team pens open letter to reassure doubtful fans Updated: May-04-16 1:28 pm
PARIS - The Mercedes Formula One team published an open letter to fans on Wednesday to counter speculation on social media following the Russian Grand Prix that it favors Nico Rosberg over teammate Lewis Hamilton.
- Staying grounded: Castroneves knows goal of IndyCar changes Updated: May-03-16 8:03 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Helio Castroneves has no desire in being airborne and upside down again at Indianapolis. Neither does IndyCar, which is making changes in hopes of preventing those kinds of scary flips at high-speed tracks.
- Highlights from the 77th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-03-16 3:11 pm
RACE: 77th Indianapolis 500
- Inventor, engineer honored as 1st Indy 500 winner Updated: May-03-16 5:05 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - After more than 100 years, Ray Harroun, winner of the first Indy 500, got his plaque.
- Column: NASCAR's Talladega wreckfest comes at a price Updated: May-02-16 6:31 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Nobody needs to be reminded that racing is inherently dangerous. We all know drivers assume the risks. It's understood that no one forces a driver to compete.
- Ferrari names Fiat Chrysler chief Marchionne as CEO Updated: May-02-16 1:42 pm
MILAN - Sergio Marchionne took full control of super sports carmaker Ferrari NV, adding the CEO title on Monday to that of chairman as he positions the carmaker in the luxury goods space and seeks to regain Formula 1 glory.
- Highlights from the 76th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-02-16 10:01 am
RACE: 76th Indianapolis 500
- Courtney Force wins NHRA SpringNationals Updated: May-01-16 9:30 pm
BAYTOWN, Texas - Courtney Force won the Funny Car final Sunday in the NHRA SpringNationals, the fifth consecutive event with a female winner.
- Brad Keselowski wins crazy crash-fest at Talladega Updated: May-01-16 6:50 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Two cars went airborne, 35 were involved in an accident of some kind, and Danica Patrick had the wind knocked out of her in a vicious crash into the wall.
- Ozz Negri and John Pew win at Laguna Seca Updated: May-01-16 6:29 pm
MONTEREY, California - Ozz Negri and John Pew put Michael Shank Racing back into Victory Lane for the first time since the 2012 Rolex 24 At Daytona, and Ryan Briscoe and Richard Westbrook gave the Ford GT team fielded by Chip Ganassi Racing its first victory Sunday in the two-hour IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Earnhardt forced to park Amelia early at Talladega Updated: May-01-16 3:37 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Dale Earnhardt Jr. parked "Amelia" early at Talladega Superspeedway, brought his favorite car back onto the track, then wrecked again.
- Rosberg wins Russian Grand Prix as Hamilton takes second Updated: May-01-16 11:38 am
SOCHI, Russia - Nico Rosberg cruised to victory in the Russian Grand Prix on Sunday as his title rival and teammate Lewis Hamilton dodged crashes and battled through the pack for second.
- University students aim to put Crimson Racing on map Updated: May-01-16 10:30 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - As a crowd of onlookers lined the sidewalk of Seventh Avenue on the University of Alabama campus on April 27, members of Crimson Racing unveiled their 2016 Formula car, which zipped up and down the street with team captain Cole Frederick at the wheel.
- Highlights from the 75th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-01-16 10:00 am
RACE: 75th Indianapolis 500
- Sadler wins Xfinity Series race at Talladega after OT wreck Updated: Apr-30-16 6:51 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Elliott Sadler celebrated his 41st birthday Saturday with his first victory in almost two years.
- Hamilton feeling helpless as car trouble strikes again Updated: Apr-30-16 1:40 pm
SOCHI, Russia - Lewis Hamilton just can't catch a break, and it's left him feeling helpless.
- Highlights from the 74th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: Apr-30-16 10:01 am
RACE: 74th Indianapolis 500
- Gus Dean wins ARCA Series race at Talladega Updated: Apr-29-16 10:10 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Gus Dean won the ARCA Series race Friday at Talladega Superspeedway when officials called the race three laps from the finish because of impending darkness.
- Scheduled IndyCar race on streets of Boston canceled Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 pm
BOSTON - First the 2024 Olympics. Now an IndyCar race is pulling out of Boston before it even began.
- Earnhardt gets favorite car "Amelia" back for Talladega Updated: Apr-29-16 5:45 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - The beloved car "Amelia" will be back at Talladega Superspeedway after Hendrick Motorsports rebuilt the Chevrolet for Dale Earnhardt Jr. to drive Sunday.
- Edwards will have post-Richmond talk with Kyle Busch soon Updated: Apr-29-16 3:52 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - A test session at Indianapolis Motor Speedway has delayed the inevitable conversation between teammates Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch.