- Tony Schumacher leads Top Fuel qualifying in NHRA opener Updated: Feb-12-16 8:59 pm
POMONA, California - Tony Schumacher led Top Fuel qualifying Friday in the season-opening Circle K NHRA Winternationals at historic Auto Club Raceway.
- Recovered and ready to race, Vickers set for Daytona return Updated: Feb-12-16 5:27 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Brian Vickers might have been more easily found on TV this week pitching a blood-thinning drug instead of practicing for the Daytona 500.
- HScott Motorsports leases charter to secure ride for Annett Updated: Feb-12-16 4:38 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - HScott Motorsports has leased a charter from Premium Motorsports to secure a ride for Michael Annett for the 2016 season.
- NASCAR's new charter system shuts out storied Wood Brothers Updated: Feb-12-16 4:31 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - It's been 10 years since the Wood Brothers completed a full NASCAR season, and they stopped trying to make it to the track each week in 2009.
- Tony Stewart out of bed, streams update from treadmill Updated: Feb-12-16 1:44 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Injured NASCAR star Tony Stewart is out of bed and walking again, entertaining fans while live-streaming from a treadmill Friday.
- WWE star Cena named honorary pace car driver for Daytona 500 Updated: Feb-12-16 11:55 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Wrestling star and actor John Cena will serve as the honorary pace car driver for the season-opening Daytona 500.
- NASCAR opens 2016 season without 2 of its biggest stars Updated: Feb-11-16 6:18 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Jeff Gordon will be in the booth and Tony Stewart in a bed when the NASCAR season begins.
- Former NASCAR racer Lennie Pond dies at 75 Updated: Feb-11-16 6:12 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Lennie Pond, who raced for 17 years in NASCAR's premier series, has died. He was 75.
- NASCAR creates 'overtime line' in new rules finish Updated: Feb-11-16 5:48 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Looking to end the frustration and confusion that comes when caution flags come out late in its races, NASCAR announced Thursday that it is shifting to an unlimited green-white-checkered finish protocol and establishing an "overtime line" to determine the winner.
- Vickers to replace Tony Stewart at Daytona Updated: Feb-10-16 10:22 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Brian Vickers is expected to replace injured driver Tony Stewart for the NASCAR season opener at Daytona International Speedway, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.
- Manor F1 gives 1st seat to German driver Pascal Wehrlein Updated: Feb-10-16 6:58 am
BANBURY, England - Manor Racing has selected German driver Pascal Wehrlein for the Formula One season, which starts next month at the Australian Grand Prix.
- NASCAR allows franchise system to give team owners value Updated: Feb-09-16 4:28 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR announced a dramatic overhaul of its business model Tuesday, shifting to a franchise-like system that is intended to provide actual value and financial stability to team owners after decades of heavy reliance on sponsors.
- Coroner rules out driver, trainer error in Edwards death Updated: Feb-05-16 12:13 am
BRISBANE, Australia - A coronial inquest into the death of British racing driver Sean Edwards at an Australian speedway in 2013 has found that mechanical failure caused the accident.
- Injured Tony Stewart to miss start of final NASCAR season Updated: Feb-04-16 3:13 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tony Stewart will miss the start of his final NASCAR season after fracturing his back in an accident on an all-terrain vehicle, Stewart-Haas Racing said Thursday.
- Montezemolo expresses sadness over Schumacher's health Updated: Feb-04-16 3:09 pm
MILAN - Former Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo expressed his sadness on Thursday at the condition of Michael Schumacher, two years after the former Formula One champion was seriously injured in a skiing accident.
- Kevin Magnussen replaces Pastor Maldonado in Renault F1 team Updated: Feb-03-16 1:00 pm
GUYANCOURT, France - Former McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen is Renault's new driver this year in the French carmaker's return to Formula One as a racing team.
- IndyCar puts safety at top of priority list entering 2016 Updated: Feb-02-16 6:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar officials are trying to make racing safer and more appealing in 2016.
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart hospitalized with back injury Updated: Feb-02-16 2:33 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart was hospitalized Tuesday with a back injury and Stewart-Haas Racing said the team was unsure of the extent of his injuries just a week before he is expected in Daytona to prepare for his final season in Sprint Cup.
- Honda agrees to new deal with IndyCar as engine supplier Updated: Feb-02-16 2:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A rough 2015 season couldn't chase Honda out of IndyCar racing.
- Work moves ahead on Pontiac race track, car condominiums Updated: Feb-01-16 8:13 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - The site of a former General Motors factory in Pontiac is being transformed into a private playground for car enthusiasts with a race track and car condominiums.
- World of Outlaws signs Sears and Craftsman as title sponsor Updated: Feb-01-16 1:19 pm
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois - The World of Outlaws received a major boost Monday when Sears and Craftsman announced a three-year deal to become title sponsor of the dirt track racing series.
- Maldonado says he won't drive in F1 this season Updated: Feb-01-16 11:55 am
PARIS - Pastor Maldonado announced that he won't be driving in the Formula One world championships this season.
- Ganassi signs former F1 driver Max Chilton for 2016 season Updated: Feb-01-16 10:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Formula One driver Max Chilton will drive the full IndyCar Series season for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Wayne Taylor Racing gets another oh-so-close finish in Rolex Updated: Feb-01-16 8:08 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Wayne Taylor Racing's Corvette ended the Rolex 24 at Daytona in better shape than three of its drivers.
- Rolex 24 driver takes odd detour through Daytona infield Updated: Feb-01-16 8:08 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Patrick Lindsey took the strangest and most entertaining Sunday drive ever.