- Abreu headlines NASCAR's 2015 class of "Next" stars Updated: May-05-15 11:32 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Rico Abreu, the reigning USAC national champion and winner of this year's Chili Bowl, is among the 12 drivers named to NASCAR's latest "Next" class.
- Nastia Liukin to serve as Indianapolis 500 grand marshal Updated: May-05-15 4:23 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Olympic gymnastics champion Nastia Liukin (NAHS'-tee-uh LOO'-kihn) has been named the grand marshal for the Indianapolis 500.
- Column: Earnhardt back in victory lane and happier than ever Updated: May-04-15 5:31 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - There was a nearly five-year period for Dale Earnhardt Jr. when being a famous race car driver wasn't all glitz and glamour.
- Autocross driver dies in race collision at upstate NY track Updated: May-04-15 11:13 am
LISLE, New York - State police say a 38-year-old man has died during an autocross race at a dirt track on New York's Southern Tier.
- Westbrook, Valiante win IMSA Tudor race at Monterey Updated: May-03-15 8:47 pm
MONTEREY, California - Richard Westbrook and Michael Valiante won the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship's Monterey Grand Prix on Sunday at Mazda Raceway to take the series lead.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. cruises to 1st Talladega win since 2004 Updated: May-03-15 8:03 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - There's something about Talladega Superspeedway - its ardent Earnhardt fans, the success his family has had at the track - that makes Dale Earnhardt Jr. feel a responsibility to put on a show.
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indy tests Updated: May-03-15 6:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Juan Pablo Montoya topped the speed chart at 226.772 mph Sunday in the first day of testing at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Edwards and Kenseth question lack of caution at end of race Updated: May-03-15 6:03 pm
- NASCAR briefly halts race after 15-car accident at Talladega Updated: May-03-15 3:47 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - NASCAR was forced to briefly stop Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway to clean up after a 15-car accident.
- Ole Miss coach gets firsthand taste of Talladega speed Updated: May-03-15 3:18 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Hugh Freeze knows a little something about speed and about NASCAR.
- Joey Logano uses big block on last lap to win Xfinity race Updated: May-02-15 7:19 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Joey Logano picked up his third Xfinity Series win of the season by throwing a big block on the final lap at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Blake Jones claims first ARCA win at Talladega Superspeedway Updated: May-01-15 10:16 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Blake Jones took the lead on a green-white checkered restart Friday night and won the International Motorsports Hall of Fame 200 for his first victory in the ARCA Racing Series.
- Patrick happy with Stewart-Haas but says "never say never" Updated: May-01-15 6:45 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Danica Patrick wants to remain with Stewart-Haas Racing but understands that GoDaddy's upcoming departure as her primary sponsor has put her future with the team in doubt.
- Busch crew chief working through kidney stone complications Updated: May-01-15 6:33 pm
TALLDEGA, Alabama - Tony Gibson didn't get to celebrate his victory with Kurt Busch very much. Soreness from a passed kidney stone concerned him enough to visit a doctor just two days after their win at Richmond.
- Harvick thinks a shakeup to NASCAR schedule would help sport Updated: May-01-15 5:06 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - If Kevin Harvick ran NASCAR, he has decided ideas on how to move the sport forward.
- Fisher, husband to open karting track in town of Speedway Updated: Apr-30-15 2:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis 500 veteran and IndyCar team owner Sarah Fisher plans to open a karting track near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next year.
- Patrick likes chemistry with crew chief after decent start Updated: Apr-29-15 4:05 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Danica Patrick is feeling more encouraged about her progress in NASCAR than ever before, in large part to stronger runs and an evolving rapport with her crew chief.
- Jeff Gordon to drive pace car in Indianapolis 500 Updated: Apr-29-15 2:46 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Jeff Gordon will finally get a chance to lead the Indianapolis 500 field across the yard of bricks.
- Danica Patrick losing GoDaddy as primary car sponsor Updated: Apr-29-15 11:43 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It's been at least a dozen years, by Danica Patrick's count, that she has had to worry about sponsorship for her race car.
- Ragan to replace Vickers at MWR for rest of the season Updated: Apr-28-15 12:01 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - David Ragan will move to Michael Waltrip Racing next week and finish the season as the replacement driver for Brian Vickers.
- Newgarden claims first IndyCar Series win not far from home Updated: Apr-26-15 7:51 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Josef Newgarden's wait is over. To his relief, so is the race.
- Ron Capps tops Funny Car field at Baytown Updated: Apr-26-15 6:56 pm
BAYTOWN, Texas - Ron Capps raced to his second Funny Car victory of the season Sunday, beating teammate Jack Beckman in the O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA SpringNationals.
- Busch leads 291 laps in dominating Richmond victory Updated: Apr-26-15 6:44 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Kurt Busch has spent time this year in a Delaware courtroom, then on NASCAR's sidelines as he served a three-race suspension for an alleged domestic assault on a former girlfriend.
- Spencer Pigot completes weekend Indy Lights sweep Updated: Apr-26-15 3:59 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Spencer Pigot completed a weekend sweep of Indy Lights races with a victory at Sunday's 35-lap competition.
- RCR crew member released from hospital after pit-road fire Updated: Apr-25-15 7:59 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richard Childress Racing says crew member Josh Wittman was released from the hospital Saturday, a night after he was injured in a pit-road fire during the Xfinity Series race at Richmond International Raceway.