- Talladega adds more SAFER barrier to cover entire track Updated: Oct-08-15 10:38 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Talladega Superspeedway said Thursday it will have energy-absorbing barriers around the entire track when NASCAR races there this month.
- Matt Kenseth wins pole once again at Charlotte Updated: Oct-08-15 9:05 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Matt Kenseth is back in a familiar spot at Charlotte Motor Speedway - sitting on the pole.
- Charlotte paints track to mark restart zones Updated: Oct-08-15 6:00 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Charlotte Motor Speedway has painted lines on the race track to mark where the restart zone will begin and end Saturday night.
- Earnhardt forced to make hard decisions for JR Motorsports Updated: Oct-08-15 5:45 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Dale Earnhardt Jr. has tried for five years to push Josh Berry's career forward. He got him one Xfinity Series start this year driving for JR Motorsports, and was ecstatic when Berry turned it into a seventh-place finish last month at Richmond.
- Hamilton hopeful of closing in on 3rd F1 title at Sochi GP Updated: Oct-08-15 10:21 am
SOCHI, Russia - As he closes in on his third Formula One drivers' title, Lewis Hamilton is hopeful the conditions in Russia won't work against his Mercedes team.
- Syracuse's Moody Mile hosts its final stock car race Updated: Oct-07-15 4:06 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Wesley Moody really doesn't want to think about it. He knows he will shed a tear or two when he bids farewell to an old friend.
- Hendrick teams now guarding against parts failures in Chase Updated: Oct-07-15 1:19 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hendrick Motorsports took time in its weekly meetings to address the parts failure that cost Jimmie Johnson a shot at a seventh championship.
- Harvick victory celebration raises eyebrows among rivals Updated: Oct-06-15 7:17 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - First, Kevin Harvick embarrassed the field with a dominating victory at Dover.
- Gordon thinks new tire changer can give inside information Updated: Oct-06-15 5:49 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Jeff Gordon believes his new front tire changer can improve his pit crew and give Hendrick Motorsports some inside information on the competition.
- Ecclestone says F1 could be sold in 2015, 3 potential buyers Updated: Oct-06-15 2:27 pm
Formula One commercial chief Bernie Ecclestone said Tuesday that the motorsport series could be sold this year and there are three interested buyers.
- Column: Harvick advancing bad for everyone else in NASCAR Updated: Oct-05-15 5:43 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - No one would have blamed a championship contender for getting just a little bit excited when Kevin Harvick wrecked during the opening race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
- Antron Brown remains perfect in Countdown Updated: Oct-05-15 8:09 am
MOHTON, Pennsylvania - Antron Brown remained perfect in the first three Countdown to the Championship events, winning the NHRA Keystone Nationals on Sunday.
- Harvick dominates in must-win race to advance in Chase Updated: Oct-05-15 8:09 am
DOVER, Delaware - Kevin Harvick dominated a race he had to win to advance to the second round of NASCAR's playoffs, while six-time champion Jimmie Johnson was a stunning elimination from contention.
- NASCAR driver Theriault injured in Trucks race Updated: Oct-05-15 8:09 am
STATESVILLE, North Carolina - NASCAR driver Austin Theriault has suffered a compression fracture of his lower back in a head-on crash into a wall in a Truck Series race.
- Latvala wins Tour of Corsica Updated: Oct-05-15 8:08 am
AGOSTA PLAGE, Corsica - Jari-Matti Latvala won the Tour of Corsica on Sunday for his third world rally championship victory this season and 15th of his career.
- John Wes Townley wins NASCAR Truck race at Las Vegas Updated: Oct-05-15 8:08 am
LAS VEGAS - John Wes Townley won the NASCAR Camping World Truck race Saturday night at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, an event marred by Austin Theriault's head-on crash into a wall.
- Richard Westbrook takes Road Atlanta pole Updated: Oct-02-15 7:36 pm
BRASELTON, Georgia - Richard Westbrook took the Prototype pole Friday for the IMSA Tudor United SportsCar Championship's season-ending Petit Le Mans on Saturday at Road Atlanta.
- Bowyer lands ride with HScott before replacing Tony Stewart Updated: Oct-02-15 4:15 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Clint Bowyer hopes his one-year pit stop at HScott Motorsports is more than just a footnote on his career.
- Veteran driver Sadler signs with Earnhardt for Xfinity ride Updated: Oct-02-15 11:28 am
DOVER, Delaware - Elliott Sadler will drive for JR Motorsports in the Xfinity Series in 2016.
- Newgarden to drive for Carpenter and Fisher again in 2016 Updated: Oct-01-15 6:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Josef Newgarden will return to CFH Racing next season after winning two IndyCar races this year.
- Former F1 driver Alguersuari retires from auto racing Updated: Oct-01-15 2:38 pm
MADRID - Former Formula One driver Jaime Alguersuari says he is retiring from auto racing at the age of 25.
- Jenson Button to remain at McLaren for 2016 F1 season Updated: Oct-01-15 5:26 am
WOKING, England - Jenson Button has decided against retirement and will remain with McLaren for the 2016 Formula One season.
- IndyCar Series continues quest to find safer ways to race Updated: Sep-30-15 8:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Mark Miles will never forget the first time he saw an IndyCar driver seriously hurt.
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart will retire from Cup racing after '16 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:42 pm
KANNAPOLIS, North Carolina - There was no final straw, no outside influence, no personal trauma that led Tony Stewart to set an expiration date on his NASCAR career.
- Appeals panel upholds penalties against Bowyer and MWR Updated: Sep-30-15 3:02 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - An appeals committee has upheld penalties against Clint Bowyer and Michael Waltrip Racing that effectively ends any shot Bowyer had at winning the Sprint Cup championship.