- Kemp has HR, 4 RBIs in Padres' 8-6 loss to Rangers Updated: Sep-02-15 3:50 am
SAN DIEGO - Matt Kemp is trying to carry the San Diego Padres, but it's not enough.
- Andrus leads Rangers to 8-6 win over Padres Updated: Sep-02-15 3:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Elvis Andrus knew he was going to pull off a straight steal of home.
- Giants drop 5 1/2 games behind Dodgers after 2-1 loss Updated: Sep-02-15 2:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Down a run in the seventh inning with runners on second and third and one out, the Giants were trying to rally.
- Dodgers beat Giants 2-1 for 2nd win over rivals in same day Updated: Sep-02-15 2:44 am
LOS ANGELES - Nothing the San Francisco Giants did fazed Zack Greinke. It was a hole on the mound where he pushes off with his right foot that bothered him.
- A's get look at young pitchers in 6-2 loss to Angels Updated: Sep-02-15 2:29 am
OAKLAND, California - Athletics manager Bob Melvin got his first look at a handful of young pitchers on the day major league rosters were expanded. He liked what he saw.
- Cueto struggles again as Royals fall to Tigers 6-5 Updated: Sep-02-15 1:35 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When the Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a July 26 trade with Cincinnati, they thought they were getting a staff ace.
- Calhoun's HR helps Angels end losing streak, beat A's 6-2 Updated: Sep-02-15 1:26 am
- Arenado's 5-hit day wasted as Rockies swept in DH by D-backs Updated: Sep-02-15 1:15 am
- Nationals drop another heartbreaker, losing 8-5 to Cardinals Updated: Sep-02-15 1:12 am
ST. LOUIS - Rookie Joe Ross had trouble gripping the ball in 89-degree heat. Casey Janssen paid dearly, again, for failing to hit his spots.
- Feldman exits with injury in Astros' 7-5 loss to Mariners Updated: Sep-02-15 1:09 am
HOUSTON - Scott Feldman led the American League with a 1.33 ERA in August.
- Schwarber hits 2-run HR to power Cubs past Reds 5-4 Updated: Sep-02-15 1:08 am
CHICAGO - Rookie Kyle Schwarber put an end to the first slump of his major league career on Tuesday night.
- Gosselin, Pollock help D-backs sweep Rockies, 6-4 and 5-3 Updated: Sep-02-15 1:03 am
- Niese, Parnell put Mets in trouble during 14-8 loss to Phils Updated: Sep-02-15 12:58 am
NEW YORK - With the New York Mets eyeing their first playoff berth in nine years, their two longest-tenured arms are struggling to pitch in down the stretch.
- Verlander, Kinsler lead Tigers to 6-5 victory over Royals Updated: Sep-02-15 12:57 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Justin Verlander may not be pitching like he did in 2011, when he won the AL Cy Young and MVP awards.
- Schwarber hits 2-run HR to power Cubs past Reds 5-4 Updated: Sep-02-15 12:53 am
CHICAGO - Burke Badenhop's consecutive innings streak without allowing a home run ended at an unfortunate time for the Cincinnati Reds.
- Late errors take down White Sox in 8-6 loss to Twins Updated: Sep-02-15 12:51 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Failing at the fundamentals cost the Chicago White Sox.
- Morrison's 2-run homer in 8th helps Mariners over Astros 7-5 Updated: Sep-02-15 12:48 am
HOUSTON - The Houston Astros are second in the majors with 179 home runs.
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5 Updated: Sep-02-15 12:44 am
ST. LOUIS - This is what the St. Louis Cardinals had in mind when they acquired Brandon Moss at the non-waiver trade deadline.
- Cole not sharp early as Pirates lose 7-4 to Brewers Updated: Sep-02-15 12:42 am
- Sano sparks Twins in rally past White Sox 8-6 Updated: Sep-02-15 12:35 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Miguel Sano has been playing with a strain of his right hamstring, a mild injury that's still a concern for the Minnesota Twins.
- Nelson leads Brewers past Pirates 7-4 Updated: Sep-02-15 12:24 am
MILWAUKEE - Jimmy Nelson followed up one of his worst starts of the season with one of his best.
- Red Sox lose 3-1 to Yanks despite 13 strikeouts by Porcello Updated: Sep-02-15 12:09 am
BOSTON - Rick Porcello wasn't celebrating after striking out 13 in his strongest start of the season.
- Sinking Orioles extend skid with 11-2 loss to Rays Updated: Sep-01-15 11:52 pm
BALTIMORE - Time is running out on the Baltimore Orioles in their bid for another playoff appearance.
- Ruf has 6 RBIs, Phils win 14-8 to end 10-game skid vs Mets Updated: Sep-01-15 11:50 pm
NEW YORK - Fed up with losing to the New York Mets, Darin Ruf and the Phillies finally did something about it.
- Gomes hits 2 HRs but Jays beat Indians 5-3 Updated: Sep-01-15 11:39 pm
TORONTO - A great game from Yan Gomes wasn't enough to give the Cleveland Indians their longest winning streak of the season.