- Maryland ends Illinois' 27-game win streak with 2-1 victory Updated: May-22-15 2:29 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Brian Shaffer allowed one run in seven innings and Maryland ended Illinois' 27-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory in the Big Ten Tournament on Thursday night.
- Smith regrets oversight with rosin, sunscreen on arm Updated: May-22-15 2:21 am
ATLANTA - Milwaukee Brewers reliever Will Smith wanted to grip the ball better, so he followed a common practice of using rosin and sunscreen on his pitching hand.
- Big days for deGrom, Duda lead Mets over Cardinals 5-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:57 am
NEW YORK - Jacob deGrom was simply overpowering. Almost perfect, too.
- Padres shut out for 5th time in 16 games, 3-0 by Cubs Updated: May-22-15 12:47 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have been shut out twice in the first seven games of this homestand and for the fifth time in 16 games.
- White Sox overpowered early by Salazar, Indians in 5-2 loss Updated: May-22-15 12:44 am
- Hendricks' 5-hitter, Bryant's 2-run homer carry Cubs, 3-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Kyle Hendricks hadn't thrown a complete game or shutout in his two-year big league career. He didn't have a win yet this year.
- Salazar, Indians power past White Sox 5-2 Updated: May-22-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Strong pitching and some early power at the plate gave the Cleveland Indians their first three-game winning streak of the season.
- LSU tops Arkansas 10-5 at SEC Tournament Updated: May-22-15 12:26 am
HOOVER, Alabama - LSU scored six runs over the first two innings to take an early lead and beat Arkansas 10-5 on Thursday night in the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
- Oklahoma St. cruises past Kansas St. 10-1 in Big 12 tourney Updated: May-22-15 12:16 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Michael Freeman threw a six-hitter and Donnie Walton had three hits and knocked in three runs as Oklahoma State cruised past Kansas State 10-1 on Thursday night in a winners' bracket pool play game in the Big 12 Tournament.
- Braves take advantage of Smith's ejection to beat Brewers Updated: May-22-15 12:11 am
- Slumping Red Sox fall to Rangers, Rodriguez 3-1 Updated: May-22-15 12:02 am
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox are still waiting for the offensive firepower they expected after some big offseason signings.
- DeLuzio leads Florida State past UNC 8-4 at ACC tourney Updated: May-21-15 11:42 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Ben DeLuzio drove in three runs and Florida State beat North Carolina 8-4 on Thursday night to remain unbeaten at the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament.
- Rays shut out struggling Athletics 3-0 Updated: May-21-15 11:30 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - It was another rough night for the Oakland Athletics - offensively and physically.
- Second man who beat Giants fan in LA gets federal time Updated: May-21-15 11:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - A second man has been sentenced to federal prison in connection to a brutal beating of a San Francisco Giants fan outside of Dodger Stadium in 2011.
- Rangers' Rodriguez keeps Red Sox bats quiet in 3-1 win Updated: May-21-15 11:18 pm
BOSTON - Wandy Rodriguez's plan worked very well. He simply kept Boston's struggling hitters confused.
- Colome and DeJesus key Rays' 3-0 win over A's Updated: May-21-15 11:15 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays have used strong pitching and timely hitting to reach the top of the standings.
- Brewers' Smith ejected for having rosin, sunscreen on arm Updated: May-21-15 11:14 pm
- Matt Shoemaker struggles, Angels lose to Blue Jays 8-4 Updated: May-21-15 11:11 pm
TORONTO - Matt Shoemaker followed up his best start of the season with another forgettable outing.
- Dickey leads way as Blue Jays beat Angels 8-4 Updated: May-21-15 11:05 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays haven't enjoyed many solid pitching performances this season.
- Michigan beats Iowa 8-5 in Big Ten tourney Updated: May-21-15 10:23 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Cody Bruder and Kendall Patrick hit home runs, leading Michigan to an 8-5 victory over Iowa in the Big Ten Tournament on Thursday night.
- Kershaw loses to Bumgarner, Giants again blank Dodgers Updated: May-21-15 9:26 pm
- Dodgers suspend infielder Arruebarrena for rest of season Updated: May-21-15 8:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena was a major league player at this time last year. Now he's a man without a team at any level.
- Kent, Allemand lead Texas A&M to 6-1 win over Vanderbilt Updated: May-21-15 8:36 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Blake Allemand hit two home runs and Matt Kent threw a complete game to lead Texas A&M over Vanderbilt 6-1 on Thursday in the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
- Manfred understands why minority interviews skipped Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - New baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he understands why the Milwaukee Brewers and Miami Marlins did not interview any minority candidates when they hired new managers this month.
- Manfred says Yanks have grounds to not pay A-Rod bonus Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he thinks the New York Yankees have grounds not to pay Alex Rodriguez a $6 million marketing bonus for tying Willie Mays for fourth place on the career home run list.