- Pirates head into offseason after another October stumble Updated: Oct-08-15 12:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - The man who symbolized the Pittsburgh Pirates' resurgence offered one final bit of advice before hopping onto his custom-made, Batman-inspired ride and zooming off into retirement.
- Thieves steal Royals trainer's '85 World Series ring Updated: Oct-08-15 9:48 am
- Parks department to recommend Nashville stadium's demolition Updated: Oct-08-15 6:38 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville Metro Parks & Recreation Director Tommy Lynch says his department is recommending the demolition of a 1970s-era, city-owned, former minor league baseball stadium.
- Blue Jays' last postseason appearance was in a different era Updated: Oct-08-15 4:00 am
It may not have been obvious at the time, but when Joe Carter's home run sailed over the wall to win the 1993 World Series for Toronto, a distinct era in baseball history came to an end.
- Royals, Astros both have penchant for playing at home Updated: Oct-08-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Astros slugger George Springer attributes the trouble his team had on the road all season to the color of their jerseys, gray and drab, which might seem preposterous except for one thing: His manager, A.J. Hinch, offered up with the exact same reason.
- Pirates stopped by Arrieta, fall to Cubs 4-0 in NL wild card Updated: Oct-08-15 12:53 am
- Arrieta, Cubs silence Pirates 4-0 to win NL wild-card game Updated: Oct-08-15 12:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Maybe it's time to stop treating the Chicago Cubs like they're too young to be here.
- Rangers hold on for 3-2 victory over Blackhawks Updated: Oct-08-15 12:01 am
- Cubs, Pirates clear benches after Arrieta gets hit Updated: Oct-07-15 10:20 pm
- Arkansas Red team takes 2-0 lead in Fall World Series Updated: Oct-07-15 7:30 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas first baseman Cullen Gassaway hit a two-out, 3-run home run in the top of the ninth inning to help the Razorbacks' Red team to a 7-6 win and a 2-games-to-none lead in Arkansas' Fall World Series.
- At trial, NBA's Sefolosha describes struggle with NYC police Updated: Oct-07-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - A professional basketball player testified Wednesday that he was trying to give money to a beggar after a testy verbal exchange with a police officer when he was kicked in the leg and taken to the ground by the police.
- Mets gear up to face 'those 2 animals' at Dodger Stadium Updated: Oct-07-15 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Cuddyer and the New York Mets are well aware of the challenge ahead.
- Carpenter's career-high 28 homers boost Cardinals offense Updated: Oct-07-15 6:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Matt Carpenter really muscled up this season. The St. Louis Cardinals leadoff man hit 28 homers, more than his first three major league seasons combined.
- Yankees, a team in transition, feel downbeat and yet hopeful Updated: Oct-07-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - The quartet leaned against the dugout railing with uniformly glum expressions during the ninth inning, Masahiro Tanaka and Dellin Betances crossing their arms, Brett Gardner dangling his over a railing and Chris Young resting his chin on a hand.
- Puig says he's on Dodgers' playoff roster for NLDS Updated: Oct-07-15 6:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - Yasiel Puig said Wednesday he's on the playoff roster for the Los Angeles Dodgers, who haven't revealed their 25-man squad for the upcoming NL Division Series.
- Jays seek to solve Gallardo in Game 1 of ALDS Updated: Oct-07-15 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Pitching against the powerful Toronto Blue Jays can sometimes feel like suffocating, because it is hard to come up for air.
- Harvey on time, Collins a cutup and mollified Mets off to LA Updated: Oct-07-15 5:26 pm
NEW YORK - With a gaggle of watchful reporters waiting outside the Mets dugout and a row of photographers kneeling in position, Matt Harvey hopped up the steps and onto the field at exactly 10 a.m.
- Besides Lackey in Game 1, Matheny mum on rotation Updated: Oct-07-15 5:04 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey gets the start in Game 1 of the NL Division Series for the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday.
- American Airlines crew talks about flight with pope Updated: Oct-07-15 4:47 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - It was an airplane flight that changed Jeff Gross's life.
- With Yankees, wild-card game draws biggest TV audience Updated: Oct-07-15 4:11 pm
NEW YORK - With the Yankees playing, baseball's wild-card game has drawn its largest television audience in its short history.
- Clayton Kershaw seeks elusive postseason success for Dodgers Updated: Oct-07-15 1:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - No one epitomizes the Los Angeles Dodgers' recent playoff failures more than Clayton Kershaw. As brilliant as he's been in his career - winning last year's NL MVP and three Cy Young Awards - the ace has yet to achieve success in the postseason.
- Gallardo got to go home, now starts Rangers' playoff opener Updated: Oct-07-15 11:57 am
Yovani Gallardo grew up watching the Texas Rangers, often going to their ballpark and dreaming of one day pitching in big games for his local team.
- A guide to watching sports if you don't have cable Updated: Oct-07-15 11:49 am
NEW YORK - It's football season, and baseball playoffs are starting. Don't have cable? You can still watch.
- A sad-sack history: The Half-Dozen 'Cubbiest' Moments Ever Updated: Oct-07-15 2:23 am
Cubs manager Joe Maddon says he doesn't believe in "any of that stuff."
- No Ordinary Joe, Cubs' Maddon might be MLB's best skipper Updated: Oct-07-15 2:19 am
CHICAGO - Everyone expected some zaniness when Joe Maddon came to town.