- Reports: GM Jerry Dipoto quits after 3 1/2 years with Angels Updated: Jul-01-15 4:48 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Los Angeles Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto says he has resigned, but the team is refusing to confirm his departure.
- Cueto goes 8 innings, Reds beat Twins 2-1 to take series Updated: Jul-01-15 4:42 pm
CINCINNATI - Johnny Cueto got a standing ovation from the crowd of 26,459 as he walked off the field after pitching the eighth inning, giving him what could be a final send-off.
- Marlins' Jose Fernandez returns following 13-month layoff Updated: Jul-01-15 4:41 pm
MIAMI - Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez says his long layoff was a valuable life lesson, even if it was lousy for his career.
- A's pitcher Gray stays in hospital with stomach ailment Updated: Jul-01-15 4:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics pitcher Sonny Gray has been diagnosed with a stomach ailment that sent him to a hospital.
- Umpire Hallion hit in mask by foul, leaves Rockies-A's game Updated: Jul-01-15 4:30 pm
OAKLAND, California - Home plate umpire Tom Hallion has left the game between Colorado and Oakland in the top of the first inning after getting hit squarely in the mask by a foul tip.
- Twins get only 4 hits off Cueto, lose to Reds 2-1 Updated: Jul-01-15 4:26 pm
CINCINNATI - Trevor May recovered nicely from the worst start of his career, giving a quality performance. Cincinnati's Johnny Cueto was even better.
- Pioneering 16-year-old breaking baseball barriers for women Updated: Jul-01-15 4:24 pm
PARIS - Simply by playing ball, Melissa Mayeux is busting through barriers.
- Smoak hits 2 homers, Jays rout Red Sox 11-2 on Canada Day Updated: Jul-01-15 3:57 pm
TORONTO - Justin Smoak homered from both sides of the plate, Mark Buehrle won his fourth straight decision and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Red Sox 11-2 on Wednesday, ending Boston's winning streak at three.
- Workers clear floodwater from Kalamazoo baseball field Updated: Jul-01-15 2:44 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Concerns over the potential cancellation of Independence Day celebrations have been washed away after crews worked around the clock to clear floodwater from a Kalamazoo baseball field.
- Former Razorback Tyler Spoon signs with Boston Red Sox Updated: Jul-01-15 12:05 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Former University of Arkansas outfielder Tyler Spoon has signed a professional baseball contract with the Boston Red Sox.
- Young Royals fan whose cancer fight gained attention dies Updated: Jul-01-15 11:21 am
OLATHE, Kansas - A Kansas boy whose fight against cancer and love of the Kansas City Royals received national attention during last year's World Series has died. He was 7.
- Bassitt makes emergency start for A's in 2-1 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-01-15 3:33 am
OAKLAND, California - Chris Bassitt was in Nashville early Tuesday morning when he learned he was going to pitch on short rest in Oakland that night. Hours later, he was on his way up from the minors.
- Hernandez struggles in 10th, D-backs lose 6-4 to Dodgers Updated: Jul-01-15 3:06 am
PHOENIX - David Hernandez's arm feels fine. It's location he's having a problem with in his return from Tommy John surgery.
- Grandal's 4 RBIs lift Dodgers to 6-4 win over D-backs in 10 Updated: Jul-01-15 2:50 am
PHOENIX - Yasmani Grandal heard all the negative comments after he arrived in Los Angeles - about his recovery from knee surgery, his ability to handle the pressure of playing for the Dodgers, being the centerpiece of a trade for Matt Kemp.
- Struggling Padres 1-hit by Mariners rookie Mike Montgomery Updated: Jul-01-15 2:36 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres are 5-9 since they fired manager Bud Black on June 15.
- UND slugger Campbell to compete in College Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-01-15 2:27 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota slugger Jeff Campbell is participating in this year's TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby.
- De La Rosa pitches Rockies to 2-1 win over Athletics Updated: Jul-01-15 2:26 am
OAKLAND, California - After 21 years in the majors, Colorado reliever LaTroy Hawkins isn't trying to trick anyone with pitch sequences.
- Nova is solid, but Yankees' slump grows with 2-1 loss to LAA Updated: Jul-01-15 2:14 am
ANAHEIM, California - Ivan Nova made only two major mistakes in his second start back from elbow ligament replacement surgery.
- Pujols homers, Heaney deals in Angels' 2-1 win over Yankees Updated: Jul-01-15 2:04 am
ANAHEIM, California - Andrew Heaney's first major league victory was the stuff of baseball storybooks. He struck out Alex Rodriguez while shutting down the New York Yankees, and he got a homer from Albert Pujols as run support.
- Ruiz calls time, Phils can't recover in 4-3 loss to Brewers Updated: Jul-01-15 2:00 am
PHILADELPHIA - Looking back now, the Philadelphia Phillies probably would have been better off if catcher Carlos Ruiz never said a word.
- Tigers fall 5-4 in 14 innings to Pirates Updated: Jul-01-15 1:56 am
DETROIT - After losing their first 30 games this season when they trailed after seven innings, the Detroit Tigers finally rallied for a win Sunday against the Chicago White Sox.
- Walker's RBI double in 14th lifts Pirates over Tiger 5-4 Updated: Jul-01-15 1:54 am
DETROIT - It took 10 seasons, 10 teams and more than five hours but Deolis Guerra finally has his first major league win.
- Right-leaning McCain comes up short in foul ball bid Updated: Jul-01-15 1:33 am
PHOENIX - The ball from the left and John McCain leaned to the right.
- Lynn keeps Cardinals close in 11-inning loss to White Sox Updated: Jul-01-15 1:26 am
ST. LOUIS - The only damage against Lance Lynn came on a single that deflected off second base.
- Reds fall to Twins 8-5 after long weather delay Updated: Jul-01-15 1:17 am
CINCINNATI - After a long wait to get started, Anthony DeSclafani had a hard time doing anything quickly.