- Hatcher gives up 3-run HR to Kemp in Dodgers' 5-1 loss Updated: Apr-30-16 3:15 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers used to benefit from Matt Kemp's home runs - 182 times during nine seasons.
- Twins games at Target Field to be staffed by local workers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:04 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Target Field will be staffed by local workers starting this weekend instead of people being brought in from out of state for Minnesota Twins games.
- Alonso's 3-run homer gives Athletics 7-4 win over Astros Updated: Apr-30-16 2:51 am
OAKLAND, California - A's first basemen Yonder Alonso has spent the past few weeks doing extra with hitting coaches searching for anything to get him out of a dreadful funk.
- Padres get 3-run HR from Kemp in 5-1 win Updated: Apr-30-16 2:39 am
LOS ANGELES - Matt Kemp returned to his old stomping grounds and delivered the kind of majestic home run he was known for during his nine seasons with the Los Angeles Dodgers. And it brought him a great deal of satisfaction.
- Diamondbacks hammered by Rockies' homers in 9-0 loss Updated: Apr-30-16 2:35 am
- Rockies' Story ties rookie mark with 10th HR in April Updated: Apr-30-16 2:09 am
PHOENIX - Trevor Story is undoubtedly the story of the Colorado Rockies' first month of the season.
- Jared Goff arrives in Los Angeles to begin work with Rams Updated: Apr-30-16 1:22 am
LOS ANGELES - Jared Goff is Northern California to the core. He grew up in Marin County rooting for the San Francisco Giants and idolizing Joe Montana before going on to a record-setting football career in Berkeley.
- Hernandez ties Mariners win record with 1-0 decision over KC Updated: Apr-30-16 1:11 am
SEATTLE - Felix Hernandez tied Jamie Moyer's franchise record for career victories at 145 in the Seattle Mariners' 1-0 victory over Kansas City on Friday night, the Royals' fourth straight loss.
- Hughes roughed up early, Twins fall 9-2 to Detroit Updated: Apr-30-16 1:01 am
MINNEAPOLIS - When Phil Hughes walked the first batter Friday night, it was a bad omen for the Minnesota Twins.
- Peavy, Giants give up 12 in 3rd inning of 13-1 loss to Mets Updated: Apr-30-16 12:57 am
NEW YORK - Jake Peavy has an 8.61 ERA after five starts, and some of his other numbers are even worse. Still, the San Francisco pitcher is confident he'll come around.
- Leake struggles again, Cardinals lose to Nationals Updated: Apr-30-16 12:47 am
ST. LOUIS - So far, the St. Louis Cardinals have nothing to show for their biggest offseason move. It was a forgettable April for Mike Leake.
- Replays don't go Angels' way in 4-2 loss to Rangers Updated: Apr-30-16 12:45 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - A rough night with replay cost the Los Angeles Angels against Texas.
- Conley stymies Brewers in Miami's 6-3 win Updated: Apr-30-16 12:40 am
MILWAUKEE - After being frustrated for nearly eight innings by Marlins lefty Adam Conley, the Milwaukee Brewers used a bloop hit by Jonathan Lucroy to key an improbably rally that fell short.
- Fulmer wins MLB debut, Tigers top Twins 9-2 Updated: Apr-30-16 12:39 am
MINNEAPOLIS - If Michael Fulmer was nervous, he didn't show it.
- Strasburg, long balls power Nationals past Cardinals Updated: Apr-30-16 12:29 am
ST. LOUIS - Stephen Strasburg shrugged off a rocky start. The St. Louis Cardinals couldn't touch him later on.
- Cespedes has 6 RBIs during Mets' record 12-run inning vs SF Updated: Apr-30-16 12:16 am
NEW YORK - For a while there, it seemed as though the New York Mets would never make another out.
- Successful replay challenge helps Rangers beat Angels 4-2 Updated: Apr-30-16 12:13 am
- Howard's 11th-inning homer leads Phillies past Indians 4-3 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:56 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Cleveland Indians are suddenly becoming last-pitch losers.
- Betances gives up 2-run HR to Big Papi Updated: Apr-29-16 11:43 pm
BOSTON - Dellin Betances was outsmarted by David Ortiz.
- Marlins' Conley pulled in 8th with no-hit bid, Brewers rally Updated: Apr-29-16 11:42 pm
MILWAUKEE - Marlins lefty Adam Conley threw no-hit ball for 7 2/3 innings before being pulled by manager Don Mattingly after 116 pitches, and Miami's bullpen wound up holding off the Milwaukee Brewers 6-3 Friday night.
- Howard's 11th-inning homer leads Phillies past Indians 4-3 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ryan Howard is going deep and the Phillies are on a hot streak.
- Straily turns in quality start but Reds lose to Pirates 4-1 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Cincinnati Reds got a quality start, which was a welcome sight for a team with one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball. They still couldn't take advantage of it.
- Saunders homers twice in Blue Jays' 6-1 win over Rays Updated: Apr-29-16 11:23 pm
- Big Papi's 2-run HR in 8th lifts Red Sox past Yank Updated: Apr-29-16 11:19 pm
BOSTON - David Ortiz still enjoys beating the New York Yankees.
- Mistakes cost White Sox in 6-3 loss to Orioles Updated: Apr-29-16 11:08 pm
BALTIMORE - For the second straight game, mistakes proved to be costly for the Chicago White Sox.